Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2024, 07:07   #1861
Jo2
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul1407 View Post
Reliability issues appear to be plaguing the MK4 Octavia, and unfortunately, my car is next on the list. My vehicle is approximately 2.5 years old with 16.5k kilometers on the odometer. So far, my ownership experience has been relatively stress-free, with only minor nuisances that I can tolerate.
Here is the video of the error: https://photos.app.goo.gl/6QkMy9NZB5FZZ3Tx9

The service advisor (SA) has requested to keep the car for a day. They plan to perform the necessary software update to the latest version and inspect for any wiring issues. Fingers crossed that it’s merely a software glitch and not related to battery degradation or wire problems. Hopefully, I won’t encounter any further errors after their investigation. 🤞🚗
Keen to know if your issue got resolved. Was the SA able to identify the root cause by any chance?
Old 16th June 2024, 07:57   #1862
rsk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo2 View Post
3. The gear selector chip is a known issue. Record a video next time the error crops up, take it to the ASC and the chip should get replaced as SKODA is already aware with multiple replacements done. But dont agree for anything less than replacement.

Do keep us posted after you meet with the ASC.
The diagnosis pointed to replacement and my whole grief was the amount of time it was taking to get the part sourced. I finally got the car back on 12th evening. The gear selector has been replaced under warranty (approximately 50k including the mechanism and the labor). I have driven just about 20 kms after that and seems to be fine so far.
Old 16th June 2024, 13:11   #1863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo2 View Post
Keen to know if your issue got resolved. Was the SA able to identify the root cause by any chance?
The car returned after a software and no other diagnosis/fix was performed. I haven't seen it happening again since the software was updated. It has been parked for the past week and no reoccurrence. 🤞🏻
Old 18th June 2024, 19:49   #1864
BHPian

Quick update, got a notification on the infotainment system today that my remote battery was low and needs to be replaced. Went ahead and followed the official instructions in the owner’s manual and got to replacing the battery.
Vehicle was bought in October 2022 so the battery did not even works for 2 years.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-screenshot-20240618-192823.png

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-20240618_191614.jpg

Skoda Octavia MK4’s central locking remote control uses a very common 3V CR2032 cell. Luckily the Samsung Galaxy Tag uses the same battery so I had some new cells with me. It was fairly easy to open the back panel of the remote to access the sealed battery compartment, good to see some waterproofing inside.

The key is manufactured in Germany by Hella and bears a small Skoda logo.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-20240618_191642.jpg

Look at the delicate mechanism to push the key out.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-20240618_191604.jpg

Last edited by pratyush369 : 18th June 2024 at 20:06. Reason: adding purchase information
pratyush369 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 19:59   #1865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambust View Post
My glovebox was replaced under warranty in June-23 and the same issue has cropped up again now. Not sure about the next course of action as it has been escalated to skoda technical team with their response awaited.
I have also got the glovebox replaced once, and the issue came back after few months the lock mechanism is struggling to comeback in lock position after you open. I have found it get's worse slowly and the lock will not engage at all after a while. I guess we need to find a make shift/jugaad fix to permanently solve this. Quite frustrating.
pratyush369 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2024, 14:40   #1866
BHPian

Has anyone changed Octy tyres recently
Was looking at Continental Ultrcontact 6, Pirelli cinturato, Yok Earth 1 etc in Tyresnmore

Need help on the ones that come with lesser tyre noise and smooth ride
Old 25th June 2024, 09:46   #1867

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Was looking at Continental Ultrcontact 6, Pirelli cinturato, Yok Earth 1 etc in Tyresnmore

My money is on Goodyear comforttred, it is pretty silent but to be fair I only have reference with respect to stock tyres and Michelin PS4s.
And to sweeten the deal, it now comes with 3 years unconditional warranty and I happen to claim it once for front right tyre which was absolutely seamless.
Ambust is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 12:41   #1868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post

I'm not sure of the availability of the Michelin Primacy 4ST, but I've been running them on my Octy for over 2 years now and they're super quiet and comfortable for Bangalore's infamous pothole-ridden roads. When it comes to tires, I pick Michelins over any other brand.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th June 2024 at 19:35. Reason: Typo
akshay_b is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks