Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2024, 20:53   #1456
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
Honestly, shutting down this auto start-stop function is the first thing I do whenever I am driving a car with this feature.
I am also considering doing this. Did I read somewhere that Toyota removed the option of shutting this down in the recent models?

Quote:
I second this. We have a friend who owns both a 2017 Endeavor and a 2019 Fortuner and he tells me that the Ford has been the more reliable of the two.
We too have 2020 Endy in family and will agree that the ownership experience is better than the Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
If the engine bay has adequate space and cooling, battery should last a lot longer but it can also be that the battery in itself is sensitive to hot weather, it may wear out faster.

If you inspect it once a year and top up the distilled water, you can prolong the life of the next battery - Amaron is what I prefer.
If that is the reason, I believe it is a design consideration that Toyota would have looked at in the new models

Yes, though the current batteries are called maintenance free, it is worth looking under the cap once a year.
Old 18th January 2024, 21:54   #1457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaksarch View Post
Nice to know about your Yokohama experience. My stock Bridgestone tyre (rear right) has got a puncture on the side wall. Wondering if this normal and whether I shal raise a complaint. Bridgestone callcentre guy suggested to get it checked at the Toyota showroom, but it's in a different city from where I got delivery of my Fortuner.

Anyone has any idea about such issue?
OEM tyres arent worth it. Most likely your claim at Toyota is going to be rejected due to external damage. In my experience- Just replace it. If you are in Pune, try N Mehta tyres laxmi road to get a good deal on a single tyre replacement. Nowadays Bridgestone is giving 5 year unconditional warranty on their tyres.
Rahulk76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 08:34   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaksarch View Post
Nice to know about your Yokohama experience. My stock Bridgestone tyre (rear right) has got a puncture on the side wall. Wondering if this normal and whether I shal raise a complaint. Bridgestone callcentre guy suggested to get it checked at the Toyota showroom, but it's in a different city from where I got delivery of my Fortuner.

Anyone has any idea about such issue?
No harm in asking. Toyota warranty is pan India. Doesn't matter from where you bough the vehicle. I bought the Yokos in Mumbai and raised a claim in Ludhiana during my trip from Mumbai to Leh (With authorised Yokohama dealer). Unfortunately, I did not have enough time to wait in Ludhiana as it can take upto 10 days for the replacement tyre to arrive. So I took it back with me to Mumbai and the claim was promptly processed without any issue. I did not even have to talk to the customer care. Everything was handled by the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
OEM tyres arent worth it. Most likely your claim at Toyota is going to be rejected due to external damage. In my experience- Just replace it. If you are in Pune, try N Mehta tyres laxmi road to get a good deal on a single tyre replacement. Nowadays Bridgestone is giving 5 year unconditional warranty on their tyres.
Yokohama unconditional warranty covers sidewall damage and large punctures as well. If Bridgestone coverage is unconditional then anything less is not really unconditional. In case the claim is rejected due to external damage then insurance is the way to go.

Hope this helps!
ragh_bhushan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 22:45   #1459
BHPian

Can anyone pl share Owners Manual soft copy of Legender. The manual received with car does not provide much information.
Old 21st January 2024, 12:45   #1460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Lal View Post
Can anyone pl share Owners Manual soft copy of Legender. The manual received with car does not provide much information.
It is available via the iConnect app as well as here - https://www.toyotabharat.com/q-service/
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 14:35   #1461
BHPian

Quote:
Honestly, shutting down this auto start-stop function is the first thing I do whenever I am driving a car with this feature. I feel like anything less than 4 years is poor battery life.
I owned 2009 T-fort then 2016 4x4 AT (Second gen T-fort) and currently the new legender 4x4 AT .The new one is absolutely a charm to drive with zero maintenance cost and no warning/mal functions of DEF. Completed 20000kms service for 5070/rs.

Battery is running strong from 2021 to till date and health reports shows perfect. Even in my old gen T-fort if i dont use the car for more than 4 to 5 weeks battery sounded weak cranking, so when im not using cars for couple of weeks i make sure to remove -ve terminal of the battery for all my cars even today for Major-4x4,
Bolero 4x4 & Legender AT - 4x4 , except my wifes ignis AT which runs non stop !

Last edited by Rajith : 21st January 2024 at 14:56.
Old 1st February 2024, 12:36   #1462

Hello everyone,
I have a 2018 Fortuner and I am looking to retrofit the new Head Unit into my car. I am trying to look for a used one as the MSRP for a new HU goes for around INR. 80,000, which is not worth it in my opinion. If anyone of you guys are looking to change the OEM Head Unit on your 2021 (or above) Innova Crysta or Fortuner, I may buy the OEM one. If anyone is doing so, please DM me.
My main requirement is CarPlay, and my Verna has it which irritates me the most that the more expensive car has a feature missing that is available on the car 1/3rd the price.
Thanks.
Old 1st February 2024, 21:43   #1463
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by martand1400 View Post
Hello everyone,
I have a 2018 Fortuner and I am looking to retrofit the new Head Unit into my car. I am trying to look for a used one as the MSRP for a new HU goes for around INR. 80,000, which is not worth it in my opinion. If anyone of you guys are looking to change the OEM Head Unit on your 2021 (or above) Innova Crysta or Fortuner, I may buy the OEM one. If anyone is doing so, please DM me.
My main requirement is CarPlay, and my Verna has it which irritates me the most that the more expensive car has a feature missing that is available on the car 1/3rd the price.
Thanks.
You can get a quality head unit from a reputed and reliable brand for that much or even much less. No, I am not talking about Karol Bagh Chinese units with 4gb ram and 8 cameras, I am talking about actually decent units like Pioneer. It should cost between 35k-50k depending upon the model and will suffice your needs.
Old 1st February 2024, 21:46   #1464

Quote:
You can get a quality head unit from a reputed and reliable brand for that much or even much less. No, I am not talking about Karol Bagh Chinese units with 4gb ram and 8 cameras, I am talking about actually decent units like Pioneer. It should cost between 35k-50k depending upon the model and will suffice your needs.
I know that, but the thing is, I need all the OEM functions, which an Audio store in Goa managed to retain in an Innova. That's why. Also I'm not going to spend 50k, that's why I am looking for a used one, new OEM ones go for like 50k.
Old 13th February 2024, 18:01   #1465
BHPian

Greetings forum members. As any petrol head evaluating a new car purchase, my breaks are devoted to going through car brochures. Going through the Fortuner Legender GR-S’s brochure, they have mentioned the standard front and rear suspension as double wishbone and four-link with coil spring, same as the regular Fortuner. In addition, they have added a monotube shock absorber. Now, given the inherent body roll and pitch variations a BOF SUV experiences, does the monotube shock absorber make a difference or is this just marketing jazz to add to the Fortuner frenzy? The ride quality is what has been stopping me all this while from putting my money on the Fortuner. I understand options such as an TEIN suspension upgrade is available, but I would prefer if the manufacturer just steps in and does their bit. Expert's please weigh in. Peace
Old 14th February 2024, 03:23   #1466
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air_Kerala View Post
Now, given the inherent body roll and pitch variations a BOF SUV experiences, does the monotube shock absorber make a difference or is this just marketing jazz to add to the Fortuner frenzy? The ride quality is what has been stopping me all this while from putting my money on the Fortuner. I understand options such as an TEIN suspension upgrade is available, but I would prefer if the manufacturer just steps in and does their bit. Expert's please weigh in. Peace
I have not driven the GR-S variant but if ride quality is the reason for you to avoid the Fortuner, you're better off looking elsewhere. Despite the improvements, the current gen is still quite bumpy and far from plush. A Crysta or Hycross is substantially more comfortable. Heck, even a much cheaper Scorpio N is substantially more comfortable than the Fortuner. After spending 50L+ on a vehicle that does not deserve it, spending more on an after-market suspension kit just does not sit right with me. The final decision is up to you.
Old 14th February 2024, 08:14   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
I have not driven the GR-S variant but if ride quality is the reason for you to avoid the Fortuner, you're better off looking elsewhere. After spending 50L+ on a vehicle that does not deserve it, spending more on an after-market suspension kit just does not sit right with me. The final decision is up to you.
Does one buys Thar, Fortuner, Hilux for it's ride quality. I think more clarity is required on our perspective when we decide we want to own BOF vehicles to be ridden on our Made In India roads. Ride quality should be rated as "liveable " vs "hell " in my opinion and at the bottom of the perspective chart.

Regards
Jj
jimmyjagga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 10:45   #1468
BHPian

Quote:
Despite the improvements, the current gen is still quite bumpy and far from plush
Thanks for the feedback

Quote:
A Crysta or Hycross is substantially more comfortable. Heck, even a much cheaper Scorpio N is substantially more comfortable than the Fortuner.
I couldn’t agree more. The Scorpion N was an absolute wild card.

Quote:
After spending 50L+ on a vehicle that does not deserve it, spending more on an after-market suspension kit just does not sit right with me. The final decision is up to you.
I agree with you on this, but this side of 70 lakhs, there are no options. I would love to buy an M340i, or the 330 Li, but bent rims and scraping underbodies will be a constant reminder that till our Indian roads level up, we are better off with a car that has an elevated stance. Last I checked, there were two M340i’s listed by BHPian’s for sale. Peace
Old 14th February 2024, 18:33   #1469
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjagga View Post
Does one buys Thar, Fortuner, Hilux for it's ride quality. I think more clarity is required on our perspective when we decide we want to own BOF vehicles to be ridden on our Made In India roads. Ride quality should be rated as "liveable " vs "hell " in my opinion and at the bottom of the perspective chart.

Regards
Jj
No, because most buyers are rich people with minimal knowledge about these vehicles. They buy them only for social and social media status. But, eventually, they do end up complaining about the ride quality sooner or later. Just check the number of used Thars for sale in the market and you'll get my point. And usually, comfort is the number 1 complaint. And no, the whole purpose of buying a butch SUV in India is to have a comfortable cruiser, hardly any people use these vehicles for their intended purpose.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 19:25   #1470
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air_Kerala View Post
I agree with you on this, but this side of 70 lakhs, there are no options. I would love to buy an M340i, or the 330 Li, but bent rims and scraping underbodies will be a constant reminder that till our Indian roads level up, we are better off with a car that has an elevated stance. Last I checked, there were two M340i’s listed by BHPian’s for sale. Peace
If you are okay with it, I would like to suggest you the option of a pre-owned Endeavor. It beats the Fortuner in almost every aspect, including finances. If not, then go with a Fortuner and an aftermarket suspension kit from a reputed brand. I have personally experienced a Dr. Nano comfort suspension kit and it rides as good as a Crysta.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed