Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2022, 09:54   #961
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
How much does ceramic coating a Fortuner cost, rough estimate? I am assuming ceramic coating is an exterior process and nothing is done to the interiors? Would be happy to hear from those who have some recent experience.
I have put Onxyaa- 5 year warranty/ top up twice a year- for INR24k. My experience with Onxyaa Noida has been good, have used it in the past on my Compass
achyutaghosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 10:23   #962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Finally got the car ceramic coated and black looks dope after a coat let it sit for 14 days, started driving it now as the rains have also subsided 👍🏼
Please advise the company and price you paid - any particular brand and also the time taken. I am considering this for the Fortuner as well as my 2 year old new Thar ( Black Color )

I have a quote from Detailing Bull for 21000 for the Fortuner and 17000 for the Thar
vkochar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 12:56   #963
BHPian

Planning to add kit to my 2021 Fortuner and want to start with underbody protection. Any good options available in Delhi NCR that can be simply bolted to existing mounting points. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Slushmaster
Old 19th September 2022, 16:49   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Please advise the company and price you paid - any particular brand and also the time taken. I am considering this for the Fortuner as well as my 2 year old new Thar ( Black Color )

I have a quote from Detailing Bull for 21000 for the Fortuner and 17000 for the Thar
I get the ceramic coating usually a 30ml bottle or a 50 ml bottle myself , The rubbing compound , swirl remover and final gloss sealant and IP solution to prep the surface before the coat. My tenant is a detailer i get the car prepped there and put the coat onto the car in front of me. about 15 ml for a SUV. Time taken if its done properly is around 2 days and another 48 hrs for the coating to cure. Coatings i have used so far are Gyeon Mohs the gloss is unbeatable, on the isuzu and toyota have used Nanolex Si3d Max cost was about 10K for a 30ml bottle.

In terms of which detailer to choose, i say all of them are in the same boat, Each will give you different pricing and different mumbo jumbo on guarantees, and warranties, its for you to make an informed decision as a customer, just get the coating applied in front of you and see what product is being used and how much is being used. A good quality ceramic coat if applied properly retains its gloss and shine without any touching up or top ups for 2-3 years easily, if a customer maintains his car properly and still needs to visit his detailer within an year,then am afraid he has been conned! Any brand being used is easily searched on google with reviews and prices.

Last edited by Born 2 Be Wild : 19th September 2022 at 16:53.
Old 20th September 2022, 17:26   #965

After months of dilemma of Upgrade/Don't upgrade from my current 2012 Fortuner 4x4 MT, I have finally booked a new Fortuner 4x4 MT super white today. Though I know that AT's in Fortuner are real good, it was a decision of heart over mind. Somehow the I did not get that "feel" of driving the beast on the AT. Call me old school, but MT is what it is. Have booked at Nandi Toyota and I was told that the vehicle has been allotted and as I'm typing this, it is on the way from the factory. I was also told that this vehicle will be Sep 2022 manufactured and I'd be allowed to do the PDI once the vehicle comes to their yard.
This is my very first time of doing a PDI. Though I have the PDI Checklist which is put across on this lovely forum, if it is not too much of a bother can any fellow bhpian help accompany me?

Also, when I did the test drive on one of the vehicle the sound system was horrible. Front speakers were loud enough at 10-12 volume but rear was inaudible. I had to turn up the volume to 30 and change the fader settings to rear for the folks on the 2nd row to be able to hear the music. Was it a faulty system or is this the expected behaviour?

Any help/guidance here will be of immense help.
keerti_ck is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 18:57   #966

Quote:
Originally Posted by keerti_ck View Post
After months of dilemma of Upgrade/Don't upgrade from my current 2012 Fortuner 4x4 MT, I have finally booked a new Fortuner 4x4 MT super white today. Though I know that AT's in Fortuner are real good, it was a decision of heart over mind. Somehow the I did not get that "feel" of driving the beast on the AT. Call me old school, but MT is what it is. Have booked at Nandi Toyota and I was told that the vehicle has been allotted and as I'm typing this, it is on the way from the factory. I was also told that this vehicle will be Sep 2022 manufactured and I'd be allowed to do the PDI once the vehicle comes to their yard.
This is my very first time of doing a PDI. Though I have the PDI Checklist which is put across on this lovely forum, if it is not too much of a bother can any fellow bhpian help accompany me?.
Congratulations! I was in the similar dilemma and finally bit the bullet and going for the mighty Fortuner, yet again! This could be our last chance of owning a diesel Fortuner. Miine is AT though. Which colour did you book and what combination of interior?

As I will be waiting till November for the delivery of my vehicle, I can assist you with the PDI. Where's the yard? I stay at Hebbal.
mikepapa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 19:03   #967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, when I did the test drive on one of the vehicle the sound system was horrible. Front speakers were loud enough at 10-12 volume but rear was inaudible. I had to turn up the volume to 30 and change the fader settings to rear for the folks on the 2nd row to be able to hear the music. Was it a faulty system or is this the expected behaviour?

Any help/guidance here will be of immense help.
Congratulations, the speaker is working as designed. While the front setup is pretty good and focus is more on clarity, rear units including sub woofer aren't loud enough! This works when passengers up front loves loud music but not rear occupants. Problem is when you love loud music and seated at rear. If you are looking for punchy bass, unit will disappoint you, especially if seated at back.

Last edited by PrideRed : 20th September 2022 at 19:05.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 21:28   #968

Thank you! I have booked a Super White. Wanted to go for Pearl white but was advised against it by Toyota Sales advisor as he said the paint job if needed in future might become an issue. He had a stock of Pearl White ready and so I'm assuming that he's not lying about it. I was also told that the bookings for 4x4 MT is being reduced. No idea why but yes as you rightly said this was my last chance of owing the beast again.

I stay at Basavanagudi and I was told that the vehicle will be delivered to the Nandi Toyota at Kanakapura Road. They also have a stock yard there it seems. I will PM you about the date when the vehicle will be delivered as soon as I hear from Toyota. He said most likely next Monday or Tuesday the vehicle will be off loaded.
keerti_ck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 21:30   #969

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Congratulations, the speaker is working as designed. While the front setup is pretty good and focus is more on clarity, rear units including sub woofer aren't loud enough! This works when passengers up front loves loud music but not rear occupants. Problem is when you love loud music and seated at rear. If you are looking for punchy bass, unit will disappoint you, especially if seated at back.
Thanks much buddy! This helps. I am an audiophile and love my music. Let's see if there is a need to upgrade.
keerti_ck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 23:16   #970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have finally booked a new Fortuner 4x4 MT super white today. Though I know that AT's in Fortuner are real good, it was a decision of heart over mind. Somehow the I did not get that "feel" of driving the beast on the AT. Call me old school, but MT is what it is
Congratulations and welcome to the relatively smaller group of Fortuner 4x4 MT owners I can completely relate to your thought process around choosing MT over AT, as I went through the same last year and ended up buying a MT. Looking forward to your ownership review
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 20:28   #971

Just returned from dealership signing the dotted lines to part ways with my 2010 white D4D MT Fulltime AWD to embrace the new gen 4X4 AT in Sparkling Black. As the thought sinks in now, that in very few days I have to let go of this first gen mean machine, feeling very empty from within. The dealership knew my love for my brother (if I can call him so), was kind enough to let me retain the vehicle till delivery date and I still have few days with him. Also got a very good exchange value (undisclosed price) considering the condition of the vehicle, my long term relations and brand loyalty.

I am expecting my new ride delivery on the auspicious Maha Ashtami! Beginning of a new era in my motoring life. Hope the younger one lives upto the legacy created by his elder brother. I am not sure if I would start an ownership thread for the new one, but the outgoing D4D will surely get a thread of his own very soon. I have been shelving this for a long time but the mighty one deserves his stories to be told!
mikepapa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 20:29   #972
BHPian

"After Innova Crysta Diesel, Toyota Stops Taking Bookings of Fortuner 4×4"
https://www.carblogindia.com/toyota-...MBWP6Gy4n0Jz0o

I came across this news today, can't confirm about it, if anybody can confirm?

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd September 2022 at 20:31. Reason: Adding title of link too
Shitij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 14:24   #973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Apart from the exorbitant cost of the ppf, it doesnt offer that much more value for
Money. Yes it saves the paint from minor stone chips and small debris on the roads, however most ppf cars i have seen get a dull appearance over 3-4 years. Where as in a ceramic coat you can always get it touched up at the 3-4 year mark.
Thank you for your insights. Agree with you on the exorbitant cost of the PPF and your post has actually made me think and consider ceramic coating and say half yearly/ annual visit to the detailer to keep the beast look like new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepapa View Post
I am a little confused about going with Sparkling Black vs Attitude Black. I haven't seen the sparkling in person but did see the attitude up close. The sparkling has a hint of blue I suppose in certain lighting conditions, which appeals to me a lot! Which one could be prone to more maintenance amongst the choice of these blackies? I am planning for a ceramic coating and not PPF, as I will be soon broke after bringing the beast home.
Congratulations, mikepapa! I was in a similar dilemma. Both version of black looks dope in person. I did consider both the options and it was really difficult for me to pick one. Finally went ahead with Attitude Black. Yes, the Sparkling Black has a hint of blue/ purple under sunlight and looks black in shade. Both will be equally difficult to maintain, so that does not make too much of a difference and comes down to personal choice after seeing in person. As above, now even I am considering ceramic coating over PPF. Looking forward to know about your final decision and see a few pictures and ownership report soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
I have put Onxyaa- 5 year warranty/ top up twice a year- for INR24k. My experience with Onxyaa Noida has been good, have used it in the past on my Compass
Thank you, achyutaghosh. This is helpful. While I would prefer something in Gurgaon but will consider Onxyaa Noida as well for sure before taking the final decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Thank you, vkochar. Did you get any other competitive quotes for the Fortuner. Will be helpful to know.

Quote:
After months of dilemma of Upgrade/Don't upgrade from my current 2012 Fortuner 4x4 MT, I have finally booked a new Fortuner 4x4 MT super white today. Though I know that AT's in Fortuner are real good, it was a decision of heart over mind. Somehow the I did not get that "feel" of driving the beast on the AT. Call me old school, but MT is what it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the relatively smaller group of Fortuner 4x4 MT owners I can completely relate to your thought process around choosing MT over AT, as I went through the same last year and ended up buying a MT. Looking forward to your ownership review
Many Congratulations keerti_ck on booking the Fortuner 4x4 MT. Cannot agree with you more that nothing feels better than the MT for those who can compromise on the convenience of AT. I too could not resist the temptation and went ahead with the 4x4 MT Diesel in Attitude Black (though I test drove only the ATs) in spite of the 10 year rule in NCR.

As rightly indicated by cool_dube, 4x4 MT Fortuner owners are a rare species and pleasure to meet a few in our reverred group. Looking forward to continued guidance from all of you to make the ownership experience enjoyable. Looking forward to your ownership review too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepapa View Post
Congratulations! I was in the similar dilemma and finally bit the bullet and going for the mighty Fortuner, yet again!
Congratulations mikepapa! Owners like you really inspire confidence for people like me who are going for this brand and vehicle for the first time. I can completely relate biting the bullet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shitij View Post
"After Innova Crysta Diesel, Toyota Stops Taking Bookings of Fortuner 4×4"
https://www.carblogindia.com/toyota-...MBWP6Gy4n0Jz0o

I came across this news today, can't confirm about it, if anybody can confirm?
I was informed of the same quite sometime back, which compelled me to book the vehicle from a different State. See my post below:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5398910 (2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review)
jbpanda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 10:44   #974

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
Congratulations mikepapa! Owners like you really inspire confidence for people like me who are going for this brand and vehicle for the first time. I can completely relate biting the bullet.
jbpanda, this is the only vehicle where you can go least wrong, speaking from my experience. After spending many sleepless nights (literally) to answer the question 'What Car?' after owning a Fortuner, I gathered I might be having many more sleepless nights in future if make any other selection, considering my use case.

I'm aware of DPF issues and will deal with it as and when it comes. No BS6 diesel owners are spared from this anxiety regardless of model/make. For that, I am planning to perform some Satyanarayan Puja and add a Team-BHP sticker shagun ke liye . Had one in my pre-worshipped Fortuner courtesy Karan561.

Talking about stickers, I just realised I'm running dry on LTD sticker which I had planned for the delivery day. The merch section of the forum shows out of stock.

@Mods, any idea when will fresh stock for stickers be available for purchase?
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-20220924_104054.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-20220924_102202.jpg  

mikepapa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 11:51   #975
BANNED

Read this in current issue of AutoCar India : "Fortuner's Difflock malfunctioned repeatedly.", "High torque spins wheels in low traction zones", "The new, Electronically actuated locking rear differential just refused to engage on our car (Fortuner), "Not quite the flawless Japanese reliability we've come to expect" .

What could be the cause for this specially on a Fortuner?

Would driving the vehicle with such errors on the dashboard lead to further destruction of the 4x4 mechanism? I am asking this from a general 4x4 perspective as I have read that the 4x4 mechanisms are delicate if used in the wrong manner as compared to being tough when the need arises.

Mods => Please reject is posting pics from the magazine is not allowed.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-autocar_sep_1.jpeg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-autocar_sep_2.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks