Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2022, 17:03   #826
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by srameshdelhi View Post

On the personal front, booked Fortuner 4x2 Automatic during 15th May 2022. Delivery was promised by Aug-Sep. Managed to get some influence and got it despatched from TKM on 20th July. Though the dealer, Galaxy Toyota, Dwarka, New Delhi offered delivery on 28th July, due to outstation trips from office, month end sales pressure and lack of auspicious day, took delivery on 04th August only.
Congratulations on your Fortuner .

Quote:
I have bought in the past many Suzukis, Ford, GM, Renault, Honda that too for a lesser value car, but never experienced this type of behaviour from company. Despite being a customer that spends 45+ Lakhs to buy a Toyota, the way Toyota or its dealers treat you leaves a lot to be desired, to be polite in making that statement.
Experienced a very similar sales experience in Pune back in June, this year itself.

Quote:
I am in Pune for 2 months for my internship, had some free time and decided to take a long test-drive of the Fortuner AT.
Full rant can be read here:> https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...ml#post5326461 (Jeep Meridian vs Toyota Fortuner vs Skoda Kodiaq vs VW Tiguan vs others)

Last edited by Aditya : 9th August 2022 at 06:05. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 8th August 2022, 17:12   #827
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Please understand that I am not trying to defend any brand or dealership here.
Absolutely, I totally understand your POV.

Its just that Indian manufacturers are taking this poor experience from Toyota and other brands and converting it into an opportunity. They are creating social media storms with their launches. One needs to wait to see what dent this makes in Toyota's sales and if Toyota even realizes the psyche of the Indian customer before its too late.

At one time, even the Maruti 800 was a prized possession and out of reach for many Indians. Today, however the Fortuner is chump change for double income couples and NRIs. But still, it does not sell in those proportions. This clearly shows customer service matters during Sales and post Sales.

Last edited by MetalClank : 8th August 2022 at 17:17.
MetalClank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 17:34   #828
BHPian

Quote:
It is solely up to the manufacturer and dealerships to arrive upon an optimal number of display and test-drive vehicles across branches/cities, and call is taken based on the demand vs. supply equation.
I second cool_dube's opinion here as my own experience with getting test drives from 2 dealerships here in Delhi NCR was much better, in fact quite good. While I ended up only taking test drive from Espirit Noida, the sales guy brought my desired variant (4x4 AT) to my residence and we test drove the car for at least 15-18 kms. on the road and in the rough. Amongst the numerous test drives I've done over the years, this one was probably the best as the SA was knowledgeable, patient and acknowledging of the fact that an expensive buy like this deserved all diligence. I think it's a dealer specific issue and even though the market dynamics do allow Toyota dealers to behave arrogantly, it definitely does not leave a good taste with someone spending close of 50 big ones. Toyota must do something about this or we could just wait for a worthy challenger to arrive at our shores soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srameshdelhi View Post
took delivery on 04th August only.It was a heavy rainy day at Delhi, the 04th August 2022.
Many congratulations on your new buy and wishing you years of happy driving and reliable ownership.

Apart from the accessories, did you consider any treatments for the difficult to maintain dark shade, viz. ceramic coating, graphene coating or PPF? If yes, pls. do share that experience. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 8th August 2022 at 19:23. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Revvman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 18:05   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Please understand that I am not trying to defend any brand or dealership here. It is solely up to the manufacturer and dealerships to arrive upon an optimal number of display and test-drive vehicles across branches/cities, and call is taken based on the demand vs. supply equation. If their order books are already overflowing with existing (read low) number of display/TD cars, why would they not prioritize customer deliveries and make money?
XUV 700 has waiting period of more than a year and has more than a lakh booking pending for delivery. They don't have shortage of vehicle for TD.

It is the attitude that matters. They can't hide behind dealers for their incompetency. Dealers are their first point of contact and earlier they learn o respect the customers it would be better for them.

But some companies don't change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvman View Post
Many congratulations on your new buy and wishing you years of happy driving and reliable ownership.

Apart from the accessories, did you consider any treatments for the difficult to maintain dark shade, viz. ceramic coating, graphene coating or PPF? If yes, pls. do share that experience. Thanks!
I did contemplate PPF but a friend of mine who got that done in the past advised me not to go for it due to its fading colour which goes against its own advantage.

I also have Honda City in Black (It is actually Golden Brown, but looks like black) for the past 7+ years, but never felt the need for such coating. Since I live in New Delhi, underbody anti-rust treatment is also not required unlike Seaside Cities like, Chennai, Mumbai, Kochi etc. Never faced problems in my past 7-8 cars due to lack of any coating. Previous SUV was XUV500, which I used 5 years and got a good resale price due to excellent condition it was in.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th August 2022 at 19:26. Reason: Back to back posts merged
srameshdelhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 21:05   #830
BHPian

Quote:
How long would you continue like this? Has the dealer got back with an action plan?

It's still the same with facelift as well
Finally heard back from Toyota on the DPF issue. They will be replacing the injectors and a few other parts. The car will be in the workshop for the next two days.

I did get another DPF alert after running about 300kms, the car was on the highway when this happened. Hopefully they will be able to fix the issue.

I'm planning on a Ladak drive from Sep 1st, so want to have this one fixed before the drive :-)

Thanks guys
arundeepbv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 21:49   #831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arundeepbv View Post
They will be replacing the injectors and a few other parts.
Thanks for the update! Please share details on replaced parts, once done. Also, did the service centre guys talk about the number of vehicles needing this replacement? I'm wondering if this warrants a mass recall.

Quote:
I did get another DPF alert after running about 300kms, the car was on the highway when this happened
Did the auto-regen happen at all before this popped up? Did you happen to take a picture of the MID display?
Old 10th August 2022, 11:37   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update! Please share details on replaced parts, once done. Also, did the service centre guys talk about the number of vehicles needing this replacement? I'm wondering if this warrants a mass recall.

Did the auto-regen happen at all before this popped up? Did you happen to take a picture of the MID display?

The auto regeneration did not happen before I got the error. In fact I was regularly checking the level of DPF on the drive and it never crossed 2 bars the entire time. I straightaway got the error display.

I do not have any pictures of the MID display. It displays the message " DPF error, visit your dealer". We will not be able to see any thing else on the MID, this will be the only thing you will see on the MID. The strange part is , apart from this error message, there were other warning lights that light up. Every time I had this error, the warning lights have been different. some times it was the check engine light and ABS, the next time it was hill decent control and check engine. Not sure why I had other warning lights coming up. I will talk to the SA and try to get some more information on it.

I will check with the service center if they have any information on how many Fortuners have had the same issue.
arundeepbv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 18:21   #833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Yes, this is not expected and acceptable from a Toyota vehicle. I never had any similar trouble with my earlier Fortuner in 7 years of ownership.

I am planning to go to the service center on the weekend
There was another surprise waiting, warning lamp for the fuel filter replacement lit up. Further inspection showed the rat has cut the sensor wire that goes to the fuel filter. SA initial suggestion was to replace the fuel filter unit (around 8K), but they could splice the wires and expense was only INR 250.

Learning for all is New Fortuner is not rodent proof.

Update on the earlier reported issue of Ants inside the tail lamp - Toyota replaces it under warranty (can assume taillamp is designed to be ant proof) , it took 3 working days for the approval and 30 minutes for the replacement. Heard from SA that ant colonies can even damage the ECU.

While returning the vehicle after tail lamp replacement, he made a passing mention about a small sound from the right suspension which I have never observed and he was also not very sure. There is possibility of a worn out suspension or tier rod end bush, we left it go that day since I had to leave for a meeting.

Planning to get it checked next week and will keep the group updated...

Not too Happy about the sequence of events .. In my earlier Fortuner ownership record of 7 years and 1.1 lakh kms, never had to go to the service center to fix a complaint, whatever needed was always done during the routine service. Hope things get better from here on.

Last edited by gadadhar : 12th August 2022 at 18:22.
gadadhar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 10:07   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will check with the service center if they have any information on how many Fortuners have had the same issue.
Any further updates on this front? Did you get your car back yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
In my earlier Fortuner ownership record of 7 years and 1.1 lakh kms, never had to go to the service center to fix a complaint
Well, there is no denying the fact that quality levels of cars in general have deteriorated in recent times, irrespective of the brand - Jeep Compass, Skoda Kodiaq, Skoda Kushaq, you name it. They just don't build cars with same levels of quality anymore, as say, 5-10 years back. I would not be surprised if Toyota doesn't turn out to be an exception here. Fingers crossed! Please keep us posted.

Last edited by cool_dube : 13th August 2022 at 10:08.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 23:33   #835
Distinguished - BHPian

Getting news from various sources that the Innova Diesel production has been stopped and Fortuner Diesel will be stopped from Sept/Oct.

Some dealers are confirming this by saying they are not being allowed to book any more Diesel Innovas and some are denying it.

Is it possible that Toyota is updating the engine for BS6.2 and the latest CAFE norms?

This will be very sad, if true!
Old 14th August 2022, 07:30   #836
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Getting news from various sources that the Innova Diesel production has been stopped and Fortuner Diesel will be stopped from Sept/Oct.

Some dealers are confirming this by saying they are not being allowed to book any more Diesel Innovas and some are denying it.

Is it possible that Toyota is updating the engine for BS6.2 and the latest CAFE norms?

This will be very sad, if true!
I was also told by SA at Harsha Toyota, Hyderabad that Toyota will be stopping Diesel vehicles soon. But that it would be so early is a shocker. Is this the end of Diesel Fortuner? Should one even go for it? It does not make sense with Mahindra launching block buster Diesel vehicles one after the other. Does Toyota face more stringent manufacturing norms (since its Japanese) than other Indian manufacturers for Diesel? Multiple SAs at different Toyota dealerships told me that Toyota gets 1 license to manufacture Diesel for every 3 Petrol vehicles it makes or something like this. This should be applicable to Tata and Mahindra also unless there is some catch with Toyota Kirloskar.

Last edited by MetalClank : 14th August 2022 at 07:33.
MetalClank is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 07:57   #837
Senior - BHPian

Fortuner diesel can be stopped only by bringing some version of iForce Max 4x4 hybrid power train available in the new Tundra and Sequoia. That may not be a bad news. India is now ready for world-class hybrid power trains. If Fortuner comes with it, so many diesel aficionados will convert. I guess the hybrid one will touch 70L . For diesel owners, our resale with shoot up at least for the near future, just like the Qualis discontinuation era.
padmrajravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 16:35   #838
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Fortuner diesel can be stopped only by bringing some version of iForce Max 4x4 hybrid power train available in the new Tundra and Sequoia. That may not be a bad news. India is now ready for world-class hybrid power trains. If Fortuner comes with it, so many diesel aficionados will convert. I guess the hybrid one will touch 70L . For diesel owners, our resale with shoot up at least for the near future, just like the Qualis discontinuation era.
With Toyota's earlier stunts with the Qualis, Etios/Liva .. i am not sure if this statement holds true (i.e, "They cannot stop Fortuner Diesel"). Something does not smell right specially when some Toyota dealers are telling clearly they have stopped taking bookings of the Innova Crysta diesel. Thread being discussed here : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-diesel-2.html
Old 16th August 2022, 11:45   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Any further updates on this front? Did you get your car back yet?
The car was with the dealer for 3 days. All the components of the injector and the convertor assembly was completely changed and I have driven it more than 500 kms since then. Thankfully no DPF errors.

The SA Mentioned that of the 2022 models, my Fortuner was the first one with the DPF issues.

Thanks Guys

Last edited by Aditya : 16th August 2022 at 18:16. Reason: Typo
arundeepbv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 20:20   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
They published this a few days after recent complaints from Fortuner owners. Besides some other posts on the subject.

https://www.toyotabharat.com/q-service/t-shield/

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=q87e5eucQvs&t=29s
Cross posting from the Innova discontinuation thread. Did anybody ever enable the customized DPF setting mentioned in this video ?

I never knew there is something called customized DPF settings that I need to enable before going for a high-altitude driving. Does that setting allow one to trigger manual DPF generation at will ? The default setting allows it only when the DPF bars go above a specific point.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 16th August 2022 at 20:45. Reason: Merged in existing thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks