Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2024, 22:04   #331
BHPian

Re: BMW M340i xDrive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMyWings View Post
But I still want adaptive dampers.
The day it gets launched with adaptive dampers, I would go for this. Launching a performance car without adaptive on Indian roads is seriously a question to the manufacturers.
cedricsg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 02:51   #332
BHPian

Looks like I'm experiencing the same issue, my left right rear tire had suddenly lost pressure. I'm going to hope against hope that its just a TPMS error and nothing else
Attached Thumbnails
BMW M340i xDrive Review-img_0043.jpg  

Last edited by BeMyWings : 21st May 2024 at 02:52.
Old 30th May 2024, 18:49   #333
BHPian

Quote:
While on the move, I needed advice and guidance on the following:
1. Is the BMW Advanced Car Eye 3.0 any good and worth the expense?
2. Would someone be able to give me a ballpark figure?
Rahul
Sorry to hear about the scratch. However, PPF is a good idea (particularly on the darker paint schemes).

I installed the Car Eye 3.0. It’s fiddly, and the guide for it is rather stark. It didn't record a scrape that caused me to need to replace the front bumper (iron rod sticking out of the road by 3 feet that even the sensors did not detect), or the scrape caused by a motorbike in traffic.

Don't remember how much I paid (got the car Sep 2023, and I think it was around 60k... but not sure), and I installed it so that the warranty was not voided by an aftermarket system.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st June 2024 at 16:57. Reason: Minor spacing and formatting
Warlock is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 18:53   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like I'm experiencing the same issue, my left right rear tire had suddenly lost pressure. I'm going to hope against hope that its just a TPMS error and nothing else
Since September 2023 I've had a low tire pressure warning a few times in the first few months. After trial and error, (I have the run-flat Pirellis - not chaging for warranty reasons), 40 psi (at my local Shell pump) seems to make this go away. Happened to me on a road trip to Chennai, and again filled 40 psi in the tire (at another Shell) and the error went away. Spoke to BMW, and they said its a calibration process with the TPMS and this issue settles down. Haven't seen this come up in the last 3 months.

Last edited by Warlock : 30th May 2024 at 18:59. Reason: Correcting a grammatical error.
Warlock is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 02:35   #335
BHPian

Thank you Warlock, fortunately, the 1st instance I posted about was a screw puncturing the tire, so that was fixed easily (I erred on the side of caution and took it straight to the tire shop)

What you've mentioned in your second post, coincidentally, that happened to me just today. Once I reached work and parked, I got a notification that the TPMS was malfunctioning and needed to be reset (which would happen once I drove again)

Luckily, things all worked out, on my way home from work, I checked after a while and things were great.

My overall impressions still remain unchanged. This is an amazing car, its sensitive to road conditions and needs a lot of careful driving, especially on unknown roads.

Do I regret this purchase? Not in the least, I enjoy it every day, even if its just a commute to work

Thank you all for your advice and guidance, its been quite valuable.

All the best and safe driving.
Old 8th June 2024, 15:33   #336
BHPian

Completed 2000Kms just the other day, this is my daily driver and I enjoy it every single day. So far, there's been one screw puncture, 2 TPMS resets but other than that, not much else.

On ride quality, either I've just gotten used to the ride and hence I don't feel it as much OR I've just learnt how to drive on the roads that we have in Pune and navigate them carefully (most likely both!). Plus, the forum members advice on maintaining tire pressure has been invaluable because the difference in even a couple of PSI lower than recommended is immense.

For anyone driving all the time, get yourself a lumbar support pillow. If I recall, @Reesnat had mentioned this as well. I got one. I tried driving without it and with it, the drive without was unbearable after 15 minutes!

Other than that, I still haven't had the courage to use launch control. For me, comfort mode is too aggressive since I'm not used to so much power (coming from an i20 with 87bhp). Taking it one day at a time.

If there's one thing I've learnt after getting the car is, "Stop worrying about it and enjoy the damn thing!"

Adios amigos, will post soon if anything comes up!

Bless you all

Here's Hobbes looking pretty happy getting filled up

BMW M340i xDrive Review-img_0070.jpg

BMW M340i xDrive Review-img_0069.jpg

BMW M340i xDrive Review-img_0071.jpg

Last edited by libranof1987 : 8th June 2024 at 17:31. Reason: Merging posts
BeMyWings is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th June 2024, 19:22   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Completed 2000Kms just the other day, this is my daily driver and I enjoy it every single day. So far, there's been one screw puncture, 2 TPMS resets but other than that, not much else.

...On ride quality, either I've just gotten used to the ride and hence I don't feel it as much OR I've just learnt how to drive on the roads that we have in Pune and navigate them carefully (most likely both!).
Glad to see you enjoying the new car and putting it to good use. The ride quality of BMWs is pretty stiff for roads everywhere. I recently purchased a new 530i and put 5000Kms in 2 months however on the highways in the US its not anything equivalent to the same distance in India. The roads around NYC are pretty rough and you feel nearly every bump.

This thread got my attention because I thought BMW had launched an India only BMW M350i XDrive !

BMW M340i xDrive Review-screenshot-20240610-9.44.218239am.png

Last edited by Foxbat : 10th June 2024 at 19:23.
Foxbat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2024, 21:39   #338
Senior - BHPian

Looking for a suggestion,compared to other cars the msport seat headrest is slightly ahead of the seat unlike other cars ( even when fully pushed back) since my wife is short it is uncomfortable to sit as head is pushed forward, has anyone experienced this ? And would some lumbar pillow help the discomfort ?
Old 10th June 2024, 23:10   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Looking for a suggestion,compared to other cars the msport seat headrest is slightly ahead of the seat unlike other cars (even when fully pushed back) since my wife is short it is uncomfortable to sit as head is pushed forward, has anyone experienced this? And would some lumbar pillow help the discomfort?
In my experience, the pillow helped a lot, because it put the rest of my body ahead and also provided additional comfort.

@kanad, thank you for posting my experience on the main page, I didn't even know about it until I read Foxbat's post

@Foxbat, it might just be unintended consequences, but I've now memorized the road where I drive so that I know exactly where each pothole or road undulation exists

Last edited by BeMyWings : 10th June 2024 at 23:25.
BeMyWings is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 00:37   #340

@BeMyWings - if the stiff ride continues to be an issue, consider switching to tubeless from the stock run flats. Done the same on my 330i and very content with the results.
SupahN00b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 09:40   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
The ride quality of BMWs is pretty stiff for roads everywhere. I recently purchased a new 530i and put 5000Kms in 2 months
Attachment 2615018
This post caught my attention because I have a work trip 500km round and the thought of taking M340i shudders me to the core. I don't think 530i and 330i's ride quality is comparable to 340i.
kashesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2024, 01:43   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupahN00b View Post
@BeMyWings - if the stiff ride continues to be an issue, consider switching to tubeless from the stock run flats. Done the same on my 330i and very content with the results.
Absolutely, that's on my radar - although I'll continue using them until end of life. Once done, PS4. Thank you for your suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashesh View Post
This post caught my attention because I have a work trip 500km round and the thought of taking M340i shudders me to the core. I don't think 530i and 330i's ride quality is comparable to 340i.
The pillow helps Kashesh, definitely not to the degree adaptive dampers might. If you have long commutes on our fabulous roads, then air dampers are a must, even at their cost.
Old 13th June 2024, 10:28   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Here's Hobbes looking pretty happy getting filled up
I think I may have seen your car filling up air at this IOCL bunk on Karve Road around a week back.

I remember glancing at the tires and wondering how that tire profile would do over the potholed roads of our city.

Frequent this bunk regularly for XP95. Their fuel quality has been consistent over the years.
GoBlue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2024, 22:06   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
I think I may have seen your car filling up air at this IOCL bunk on Karve Road around a week back.

I remember glancing at the tires and wondering how that tire profile would do over the potholed roads of our city.

Frequent this bunk regularly for XP95. Their fuel quality has been consistent over the years.
Yep, that's me! I fill up at this bunk every week. I agree that their fuel quality is quite good and has been so for many years.

Don't ask about the tires, I have now memorized the roads and the locations of their potholes
BeMyWings is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2024, 00:32   #345
BHPian

Completed 2550kms just this Friday. But more importantly, my passengers commented how my driving style has changed. I've gone from ultra-conservative to conservative. I guess it takes a while to learn and understand such a powerful car.

With great power comes?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks