Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2023, 19:41   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BMW owners can now lock/unlock and start the car's engine using their Android devices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Car View Post
Off topic! But could you please tell if the M340i LCI gets adaptive cruise control and Lane keep assist?
No, BMW have not introduced these features in any cars in India, a far as I know.

It does have some very useful driver assistance features like auto low speed emergency braking (pedestrian collision prevention), reversing assistant to retrace the path taken in the last 50 meters etc.

Given the erratic traffic and nature of driving in India, I am not sure adaptive cruise control will be very useful. There are too many stories about the XUV700s that braked too hard due to adaptive cruise control and got rear ended.
Old 5th August 2023, 12:05   #302
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW M340i xDrive Review

I had visited the BMW showroom in Goa yesterday. They have a black M340i in stock. However there is a Shadow edition that is going to be launched. It come with 360 Deg Camera, Upgraded brakes, smoked headlamps and some other stuff. Costs 2.3 Lakhs more than the regular one.
Old 6th August 2023, 16:03   #303
AAD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
I had visited the BMW showroom in Goa yesterday. They have a black M340i in stock. However there is a Shadow edition that is going to be launched. It come with 360 Deg Camera, Upgraded brakes, smoked headlamps and some other stuff. Costs 2.3 Lakhs more than the regular one.
Thanks for the heads up on the new features expected in the M340i soon. Any possibility of retro fitting of 360 deg camera in current model of M340i (pre LCI)?

Also pls elaborate on upgraded brakes. Are they going to offer M Performance Brakes as standard?

Cheers,

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th March 2024 at 14:38. Reason: Minor spacing
Old 6th August 2023, 17:22   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
However there is a Shadow edition that is going to be launched. It come with 360 Deg Camera, Upgraded brakes, smoked headlamps and some other stuff. Costs 2.3 Lakhs more than the regular one.
The shadow edition is on display at Navnit motors in Bangalore. It looks awesome!!
Selective is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 18:10   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAD View Post
Any possibility of retro fitting of 360 deg camera in current model of M340i (pre LCI)?
No clue about this.

Quote:
Also pls elaborate on upgraded brakes. Are they going to offer M Performance Brakes as standard?
From what I understand, these brakes are currently a 4L option on the standard vehicle.

2.3L for the 4 additional features is a steal.
Old 27th August 2023, 06:11   #306

Dear BHPians -

I am planning to bring home the BMW M340i, Shadow Edition.

From all the reviews, I see that the harsh ride quality due to RFT 19 inchers has made many owners swap to Tubeless tyres right after delivery.

My Dealer is saying that by doing so, BMW could void the warranty. Can’t believe it to be true. Wanted to understand the owners’ take on this.

Also, to those who have swapped to Tubeless - appreciate any details on the costs - buyback and for the new tubeless. This would help me plan for.

Many Thanks.
VeeEight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2023, 21:50   #307
BHPian

Just saw a Youtube Video where the owner has changed the alloy wheels. Might be useful for someone who is toying around with the idea.

The new alloys are from HRE and Model Number is FF10.

BMW M340i xDrive Review-screenshot-904.png

BMW M340i xDrive Review-screenshot-903.png

BMW M340i xDrive Review-screenshot-905.png

BMW M340i xDrive Review-screenshot-906.png

BMW M340i xDrive Review-screenshot-907.png

Source-

Last edited by ex-innova-guy : 24th October 2023 at 21:54.
ex-innova-guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 14:53   #308
BHPian

Dear Pre LCI and LCI owners of the M340i, can you let me know which one make sense between the LCI and the Pre LCI model ? I have test driven both and they felt similar, although I liked the feel of the Pre LCI better, it felt and sounded better. I know the LCI is loaded with a lot more gizmos with the addition of that Curved screen ( I still like the split screen setup from the pre-lci) but if there is a good deal on a pre-owned Pre- LCI model, does it makes sense to go for one ? What would I miss otherwise ?
Old 14th December 2023, 23:02   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeEight View Post
Dear BHPians -

I am planning to bring home the BMW M340i, Shadow Edition.

From all the reviews, I see that the harsh ride quality due to RFT 19 inchers has made many owners swap to Tubeless tyres right after delivery.

My Dealer is saying that by doing so, BMW could void the warranty. Can’t believe it to be true. Wanted to understand the owners’ take on this.

Also, to those who have swapped to Tubeless - appreciate any details on the costs - buyback and for the new tubeless. This would help me plan for.

Many Thanks.
Same question. Any clarification on this? Also, is there any sort of suspension damping variation with the drive modes? One way to confirm would be to see if there's an option for suspension in the 'individual' mode.
Old 4th March 2024, 02:00   #310
BHPian

Dreams come true!

1988: The first time I sat in a BMW was in my Mum's Boss' car in Doha, Qatar. It was a blue 530i, and I was 8 at the time. I distinctly remember how cool I thought it was, the tires, the design, the orange dials. That was the day I made myself a promise, that someday, I would bring it home and take my Mum, Dad and nephews in my BMW.

2019-2023: I visited the BMW website every day for almost 4 years, longing for this one love I did not have in my life. I kept looking at my savings growing every year, thinking, when would my dream finally become real?

As fate (and some expert advice on this forum) would have it, on the 31st of December I emptied 70% of my savings (most people would say that's foolish, I'd counter and say, if you aren't alive tomorrow, what good is that money? I can't take it to heaven (or hell, not sure yet!), can I?

I booked the M340i on the 31st of December. I want to give a special shout out to Amey and Amol from Navnit Motors. They were and continue to be super stars! Due to their exceptional dedication to Customer Service, I was able to realize my dream. To honor them, I created and shared the attached certificate with BMW India and Navnit Motors so that they would be recognized and rewarded appropriately (I've removed my name for privacy reasons, however the original had my name and handwritten signature on it).

Fun fact: I was able to obtain a pretty decent deal on this car, however it was only available at Navnit. I had work commitments and hence could not travel to Mumbai to collect the car. So, they shipped it over in a truck to Pune. Now, when the truck gets here, I'm expecting someone to bring it down. To my surprise (and this isn't a complaint, it's just a part of the wonderful experience) the driver says I have to bring it down from the truck and he did a great job of guiding me. This is the first time I am going to be sitting in a BMW, let alone driving one. And this guy is asking me to bring it down a trailer? My heart was racing so I'm scared beyond belief. I'm thinking, you know what let's do this, this is my dream!

I haven't had a chance to drive it much (sadly), but I will make more of an effort. I've attached a few photos for your viewing pleasure.

Thank you all, for inspiring me to push through and achieve something I've dreamt about for 35+ years of my life.

I wish you all the very best, and I hope your dreams come true as well.

Disclaimer: I'm single, I've never married (not a matrimonial ad ), no liabilities. These are my experiences, your mileage will vary and so will your circumstances. Please take everything I say with a pinch of salt or, sugar (as you desire )
Attached Thumbnails
BMW M340i xDrive Review-img_1173.jpg  

BMW M340i xDrive Review-img_1174.jpg  

BMW M340i xDrive Review-img_1175.jpg  

BMW M340i xDrive Review-img_1176.jpg  

BMW M340i xDrive Review-img_1177.jpg  

BMW M340i xDrive Review-img_1178.jpg  

BMW M340i xDrive Review-img_1190.jpg  

BMW M340i xDrive Review-img_1191.jpg  

BMW M340i xDrive Review-certificate-excellence.jpg  

BeMyWings is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 03:48   #311
BHPian

I've driven the car for a couple of weeks now, I feel renewed. Coming from an i20, sometimes the M340i feels like trying to navigate an Ocean Liner and a Sukhoi at the same time.

During my daily office commutes I get 7.7 kmpl, highway drives are restricted due to health limitations. Once those are lifted, I'll share

The one sore point I have with BMW, and I wrote to them as well - is the exclusion of https://www.bmw-m.com/en/topics/maga...-fahrwerk.html

without even an option of adding them on. I'm hoping if we push enough, we can get BMW to change its tune to at least offer it as an option.

Everyone doesn't have to need or want it; some might be perfectly happy with how the suspension works today. But there's no reason to exclude a feature you offer less that 2500 miles away to another country.

Fun fact, it costs less than 2 lacs (duties included) - its a $600 option in the worldwide - 2vf adaptive m suspension.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW M340i xDrive Review-untitled.png  

BeMyWings is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 20:42   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations, your car looks brilliant. Wish you many tens of thousands of happy kilometres.

Really appreciate your raising the issue of the missing adaptive suspension with BMW. Do wish they will take heed and also offer an option to upgrade the dampers for people who already owned an M340i. I know it is wishful thinking!
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2024, 16:38   #313
BHPian

Finally owning the dream! BMW M340i Shadow Edition!

As I begin to write this story, its a lot emotional yet absolutely so grateful of god and my Parents who've been the constant support in my life and also helping me achieve my dreams.

Being a Delhiite, Visiting Khan Market since 5+ years to adore, respect and appreciate the Car Culture here in Delhi, kept on adoring on the beautiful pieces with the exhausts.

With the people vrooming through the lanes of Khan Market and its surroundings, just hearing through the beautiful machines, red line up and blast the free flow exhausts.

To begin with a quick preface:
I bought an Audi Q5 back in February 2023, when the new M340i was launched with the curved screen and the minor updates, sat in the machine and tried convincing my parents, but " 0-100 kmph in 4.4 Seconds? FORGET IT" and that ended the search and we settled for a Q5, as a good VFM car and using it as a trip explorer with a weekend queen!

Cometh 2024, and February - Always been a fan of two very different cars: The Toyota Fortuner for its Road presence, its looks and the M spec cars, for the heart - The exhaust notes, the driving pleasures and what not!

Booked the Fortuner on 28th of February 2024, and told my parents about getting a delivery next week, post the finances and they were pretty settled, until I got a cold call from the Manager at Deutsche (Noida) for the boggling discounts on the 3GL!

Arranged for a late evening test drive for my parents, and what? They loved it, although the segments are different and the overall body type being quite opposite too but they agreed to visit the dealership on 10th March 2024, and see what deals are in place.

We went to the showroom, saw the display section being absolutely full with the 2 GC in Black, 3GL In silver and Blue Shade, M340i in Tanzanite Blue and White, the 6GT in White, the X1 in Blue - the X5 and X7 in white. And - Oh boy, saw the M340i Cranked the engine and I did not want to even step or take any interest in any other vehicle there. It was just absolute madness and a dream machine.

Although with the 2 GC being heavy on discounts sat in it, and found it excessively small, the only positive could have been the Frameless Doors.

Since I had driven the 3GL twice recently, I did not even see that one.

Sat in the 6GT, felt it being heavily outdated - the exterior is the old BMW design language and the Interior sporting with small screens felt like just another vehicle for my parents.

Did not sit in any of the X's since I was sure about not investing in a FWD or going above 1CR at all.

To my utter surprise, my parents were absolutely convinced for the M340i, they just sat, got the deal and boom! Booked the vehicle at 07PM on the same day!

Since then, it was just so hard for me to sleep because, it's an M!!!!

Got all the formalities done up, got some accessories worth 30k - BMW Official and still did not get the car registered?

My parents being: Dude you're getting your dream car, chuck the registration digits, just get any - Me: I am getting a flat V6 with 3000CC, it deserves a special registration number!

Searched the Vahan portal, did not get any number of my choice for the M, and got the car registered on Temporary!

Finally, the delivery day! 15th March 2024, decided to kill the morning gym session, and have a good pampering salon treatment before the delivery of my beast!

At 02 PM, I was back at my home, just relentlessly following up with the Executive at BMW, and they were getting delayed out for reasons even unknown to me.

At 05:30 reached the dealership, got the car into the delivery area and wow!

Loved the detailing of the M, the beautiful Stitch on the seatbelts, the Carbon Dash, the power, I mean just INSANEEE!

Before I run you through the images, sharing some observations:

- I had considered no other options than the M340i absolutely no competitors!
- Since I had owned a Mercedes during the period of 2014-2023 and sold it off due to the NGT norms, did not consider owning another Mercedes.
- I got the Audi Q5, in February 2023 and was not quite convinced with the brand for the customer experiences hence did not even look into the brand.
- Always wanted to own a BMW!
- What else Do I Own: 2019 Honda Civic ZX CVT, 2022 i20 N Line DCT and a 2023 Audi Q5.

Sharing some images from the day!
My Q5 Parked at Deutsche Motor, Noida!
BMW M340i xDrive Review-whatsapp-image-20240316-3.49.15-pm.jpeg

The MEAN EYES, I mean just look at them!
BMW M340i xDrive Review-whatsapp-image-20240316-3.49.15-pm-1.jpeg

The 19 Inch Alloys with Pirelli's as RFT's - The hubcap looks UGLY!
BMW M340i xDrive Review-whatsapp-image-20240316-3.49.15-pm-2.jpeg

The Detailing on the seat belts, an M!
BMW M340i xDrive Review-whatsapp-image-20240316-3.49.15-pm-6.jpeg

Got the Floating Hubcaps installed!
BMW M340i xDrive Review-whatsapp-image-20240316-3.49.15-pm-8.jpeg

The beauty all decked up for the final unveil formalities, just a glimpse before the cover's on!
BMW M340i xDrive Review-whatsapp-image-20240316-3.49.15-pm-5.jpeg

My support system, and my pride with my New Beauty!
BMW M340i xDrive Review-whatsapp-image-20240316-3.49.16-pm-1.jpeg

Just Sneaking in the picture!
BMW M340i xDrive Review-whatsapp-image-20240316-3.49.16-pm-2.jpeg

A Solo Picture!
BMW M340i xDrive Review-whatsapp-image-20240316-3.49.17-pm.jpeg

The Beautiful Curved Display!
BMW M340i xDrive Review-whatsapp-image-20240316-3.49.20-pm.jpeg

Already Attaching on the Armour Guard for the slick looking display, could easily DIY and with no bubbles!
BMW M340i xDrive Review-whatsapp-image-20240316-3.49.21-pm-1.jpeg

Drove to GK in Delhi, got a Silver Khanda Sahib, same as the one on my Audi.
BMW M340i xDrive Review-whatsapp-image-20240316-3.49.21-pm-2.jpeg

What All Accessories Did I Already purchase?

- BMW OEM All Weather Footmats
- BMW M Performance Key Case
- BMW Floating Hub Caps
- Armour Guard Screen protector
- Episode - Silver Deity (Khanda Sahib)

What Am I Contemplating to get done in the next 30 Days?
- A Ceramic Coat
- Sun Control Film for all the glasses.
- BMW OEM Alcantara Steering Wheel Cover with Carbon
- BMW Carbon Paddle Shifters
Most importantly: The Registration number for my beast!

Initial drive observations:

- Sport Plus mode is the mode to drive it in, just throttle it out and feel happiness running through your heart and body.
- Effortlessly cruised at 120+ on day 1, just a mad machine!
- Comfort Mode and Eco Pro modes are well suited for the daily runs and the regular job!

Thanks for reading in, this is my first review and I really wanted to post this one being so close to my heart!
Attached Thumbnails
BMW M340i xDrive Review-whatsapp-image-20240316-3.49.21-pm-3.jpeg  

BMW M340i xDrive Review-whatsapp-image-20240316-3.49.21-pm.jpeg  

BMW M340i xDrive Review-whatsapp-image-20240316-3.49.20-pm-1.jpeg  

BMW M340i xDrive Review-whatsapp-image-20240316-3.49.16-pm-3.jpeg  

BMW M340i xDrive Review-whatsapp-image-20240316-3.49.16-pm.jpeg  

BMW M340i xDrive Review-whatsapp-image-20240316-3.49.15-pm-9.jpeg  

BMW M340i xDrive Review-whatsapp-image-20240316-3.49.15-pm-7.jpeg  

BMW M340i xDrive Review-whatsapp-image-20240316-3.49.15-pm-4.jpeg  

BMW M340i xDrive Review-whatsapp-image-20240316-3.49.15-pm-3.jpeg  

aamishdhingra is offline   (82) Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 04:12   #314
BHPian

Congratulations on the accomplishment of a lifelong dream, this is what life is all about. We wish you the very best in your drives, and everything in between.

We share the same color

Tip: Don't fret about the ride, you might see a lot of posts about the ride being stiff. Its meant to be that way. You don't buy a Rolls Royce expecting it to corner like a Ferrari or vice versa.

Enjoy the car Oh, and XP95 is your best friend! (disclaimer - I'm not an employee or neither am I sponsored by IOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Congratulations, your car looks brilliant. Wish you many tens of thousands of happy kilometres.

Really appreciate your raising the issue of the missing adaptive suspension with BMW. Do wish they will take heed and also offer an option to upgrade the dampers for people who already owned an M340i. I know it is wishful thinking!
Thank you very much, this forum and many of you have been my inspiration and that push that we need sometimes in life to take that leap of faith! Thank you

Last edited by vb-saan : 17th March 2024 at 07:45. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another. Thank you!
BeMyWings is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 11:22   #315

Re: Finally owning the dream! BMW M340i Shadow Edition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamishdhingra View Post
As I begin to write this story, its a lot emotional yet absolutely so grateful of god and my Parents who've been the constant support in my life and also helping me achieve my dreams.

Thanks for reading in, this is my first review and I really wanted to post this one being so close to my heart!
Congratulations on acquiring your dream car! The M340i is not just a car; it's a masterpiece of engineering, combining luxury with performance in a way that only BMW can. May this beauty bring you countless joyous journeys and thrilling experiences. Here's to many kilometres of sheer driving pleasure ahead! Cheers🎉

---
DJGT is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks