Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2024, 08:25   #481
BHPian

Re: BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen07 View Post
Again, this is just a peace of mind decision. For about 1.5L, it is decent coverage to protect you from the random two-wheeler, parking lot scratches and so on.
The bottom line is that these add-ons come down to your risk appetite. If you want to be extremely conservative and have peace of mind that the car is fully protected and you won't have any surprise out-of-pocket expenses, go for them. Even the ones who went without BSI/BSI+ would almost always recommend that you get the BRI (extended warranty). Hope this helps.

Last edited by Axe77 : 8th September 2024 at 06:02. Reason: Quoted post trimmed. Fixing broken quote tag.
jfk1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2024, 09:23   #482

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfk1975 View Post
Being a bit risk-averse with German cars, I took the BSI+. Essentially, I pay nothing for everything covered by BSI+.
Thank you so much for your inputs!. A few further queries:
1. The dealer is quoting INR 135K for 3-yr BSI+ and INR 270K for 5-yr BSI+ for the 330Li. He says he cannot offer any discounts on these since the packages are directly from BMW. Should I try to push a bit more?

Quote:
Make that decision based on your expected usage and a typical out-of-pocket bill for a regular service. I took the BSI+ for 3 Yr/45K Km when I bought the car, and then switched to the BSI+ used car package, which brings me to 6-year BSI+ coverage.
2. Till when can I keep reviewing service packages? (e.g., can I get BSI+ for yr 7 - yr 10?. Am guessing that would be very expensive though?). Since you mentioned you took the BSI+ for used cars, could you please help me with a ballpark for how much they charged you for it?

3. Also, would there be a significant advantage in taking 5-yr BSI+ right now? Or take 3-yr BSI+ now and renew it closer to the end of 3rd yr?

Quote:
Yes, get the BRI for added peace of mind. While BMWs (especially the G20) have been relatively reliable, you get piece of mind with BRI.
4. Again, the dealer quotes INR 60K for the 3rd yr and about INR 250K for the 5th year (I think he means up to 5th yr). Are these prices okay or is there room for discounts?

Once again, thank you so much!
Old 24th August 2024, 10:42   #483
BHPian

Quote:
A few further queries:
1. The dealer is quoting INR 135K for 3-yr BSI+ and INR 270K for 5-yr BSI+ for the 330Li. He says he cannot offer any discounts on these since the packages are directly from BMW. Should I try to push a bit more?
I am afraid the dealer is right. There isn't much wiggle room with BSI/BSI+/BRI packages. If you are planning on keeping the car long-term, then you might as well take the 5 Yr BSI+. Of course, you pay more upfront, but in my experience, the BSI/BRI package prices keep increasing every 6-12 months. It kind of secures you against future price increases.

Quote:
2. Till when can I keep reviewing service packages? (e.g., can I get BSI+ for yr 7 - yr 10?. Am guessing that would be very expensive though?). Since you mentioned you took the BSI+ for used cars, could you please help me with a ballpark for how much they charged you for it?
Let's say you take a BSI+ package now for 3 Yr/45K Km. Before the 3-year period expires, you can extend the BSI+ package. Alternately, you could let it expire and then take a used car BSI+ instead. The coverage is the same with the used car BSI+, but the advantage with that is that you could get coverage for up to 6 years (as opposed to 5 years if you renew before the 3 Year coverage expires). Again, these things keep changing with BMW quite a bit. Best to get the entire price list from your dealer and decide. I took the BSI+ extension last year (intentionally a day after my original BSI+ expired), and I paid about 2L for another 3 Yr.

Quote:
3. Also, would there be a significant advantage in taking 5-yr BSI+ right now? Or take 3-year BSI+ now and renew it closer to the end of 3rd year?
Same answer as the one for your first question.

Quote:
4. Again, the dealer quotes INR 60K for the 3rd yr and about INR 250K for the 5th year (I think he means up to 5th year). Are these prices okay or is there room for discounts?
Same answer as the one for your first question. The prices are set by BMW India, and there isn't much, if any, wiggle room.

Just work through your usage, get the official quotes and decide accordingly. If you want to, you can just skip BSI and do a pay-as-you-go. There isn't really a black-or-white answer for this.

BRI (extended warranty) is definitely something that I would recommend.
jfk1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2024, 02:03   #484

Thank you so much for the responses. I can only hope to gain enough experience myself and pass on the help to other fellow members over time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfk1975 View Post
Just work through your usage, get the official quotes and decide accordingly. If you want to, you can just skip BSI and do a pay-as-you-go. There isn't really a black-or-white answer for this.
Further, as a 330 owner, I would request your views on the A4 (particularly on the mechanics). I am parallelly considering the A4 (premium plus variant) and it is about INR 15 lakhs cheaper! While it does lose a lot of features relative to the 330i, the huge delta is making me strongly consider it!

Things in the 330i that might make me pay the premium (in order of priority):
1. Superior handling
2. Push feeling in the car (versus pull), by virtue of it being a RWD
3. Stronger engine
4. Lots of creature comforts (less of a priority)

Could you (and maybe other 330i owners here) please opine on the difference between the two on the above points? While I have driven them on TDs, would like real-life views.

Thank you once again
Old 26th August 2024, 07:48   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Things in the 330i that might make me pay the premium (in order of priority):
1. Superior handling
2. Push feeling in the car (versus pull), by virtue of it being a RWD
3. Stronger engine
4. Lots of creature comforts (less of a priority)
You answered your question(s). If these attributes are more important than discounts, then the 330. If the discount is of the highest priority, then the A4.

I've had an A4 in the past, but that was a Quattro manual and that might have made it a difficult choice to make. But, the India spec A4 is a FWD and is just inferior in the aspects you mentioned above (IMHO) to the 3. My choice would be the 3, but to each his/her own.
jfk1975 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2024, 14:37   #486
BHPian

Thanks for all the information on this thread. I am here searching for an ideal luxury sedan and have narrowed it down to the 320Ld, but I see hardly anyone here owns one and not many discussion on it.

Why is 330i more popular here than the 320Ld, it is just the added power or it has to do with engine longevity, refinement, lesser issues, cost vs usage?

I took a longish test drive on the 330i M sport and was very comfortable in it, all in city traffic easy to drive, not self revving, the steering has gotten lighter. The new dashboard with the bigger screen has finally made the BMW interior look different and updated.

Yet to take the 320Ld for a spin.
Old 28th August 2024, 14:57   #487
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Why is 330i more popular here than the 320Ld, it is just the added power or it has to do with engine longevity, refinement, lesser issues, cost vs usage?
Not at all due to any deficiency on the Ld’s part! It’s probably just that these cars simply do not put on enough miles to justify a diesel.

Having said that, search for PrideRed’s thread on his G20 diesel. His snappy updates are hugely informative and entertaining.
itwasntme is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2024, 00:09   #488
Senior - BHPian

So finally took the bite and decided to bid farewell to my amazing Octavia TDI. What a car it has been, served perfectly well for last 9 years. I did not have any doubt on the next car, since I had always been a BMW fan.

Tried 320ld, but considering Octavia was stage 1 tuned, did not feel the 320ld to be faster enough to put that extra money.

Finally booked 330li MSport Pro in white colour from Deutsche Motoren. The M headliner in Anthracite upholstery itself was enough for me to pay extra over M Sport. Then other blackened elements in the exteriors make it look more sportier.

From BMW accessories , I am getting the Dashcam, all weather mats and PPF. The PPF mainly from BMW as I don’t want to leave the car for another 2 days with other detailers after delivery.

Now the wait continues. Will post more details soon.
sunikkat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st September 2024, 21:47   #489
BHPian

Hi. I am at the verge of changing all the 4 the tyres.
My doubts are as follows:
1. Should the current stagerred setup be maintained?
2. Though discussed many a times. RFT vs Tubeless?
3. If tubeless is it ok to go with high profile for better ride quality?
4. What are the preferred choices? Both RFTs and tubeless?
Old 5th September 2024, 06:03   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Thanks for all the information on this thread. I am here searching for an ideal luxury sedan and have narrowed it down to the 320Ld, but I see hardly anyone here owns one and not many discussion on it.

Even though torque rating is same, 320Ld seems to have more grunt at lower speeds. It is slighlty better to drive in eco pro and normal modes due to the added "torque" and a bit of lag adds on to the fun quotient. 330Li is super refined with only intrusion being tyre noise. The cost difference between the two is around 5 lakhs here in KL. So 330Li is the more sensible choice since the future of diesels is uncertain. Moreover 330Li is E20 ready as well.
Old 5th September 2024, 11:06   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Even though torque rating is same, 320Ld seems to have more grunt at lower speeds. It is slighlty better to drive in eco pro and normal modes due to the added "torque" and a bit of lag adds on to the fun quotient. 330Li is super refined with only intrusion being tyre noise. The cost difference between the two is around 5 lakhs here in KL. So 330Li is the more sensible choice since the future of diesels is uncertain. Moreover 330Li is E20 ready as well.
That’s strange. In Bangalore the price difference between 320ld MSport and 330li MSport is only 1.9 lakhs OTR. On top of it 320ld has a higher discount compared to petrol.

However 330li MSport Pro is 1.9 lakhs more than 320ld MSport.
Old 5th September 2024, 20:23   #492
Senior - BHPian

320ld MSport Pro launched

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...96NatQKssFkVhg
Old 7th September 2024, 00:21   #493
Senior - BHPian

Finally got the 330Li delivered today. It was like a dream come true. Initially had booked black but then changed to white. After seeing both the cars next to each other today, I am happy with white considering the blackened elements in M Sport Pro. The showroom was very busy today with many deliveries of X1, 3 series and couple of M340i and 530 Li.

What I Liked:
  • Absolutely a looker, especially in M Sport Pro trim
  • The M headliner Anthracite upholstery in dark grey shade gives a very sporty look
  • The performance is super impressive, even after coming from a stage 1 Octavia TDI. The engine has a good note while in sports mode
  • The handling is good, it’s not as soft as I expected. Still there is an underlying stiffness which I like.
  • The big screen infotainment elevates the interior, the Apple CarPlay display is wide

What I don’t like
  • Coming from an Octavia, the boot space is a joke. Need to plan the Kerala trips well now, considering all the fruits, vegetables and other things that I am made to carry in Octavia.
  • Rear sun shades - come on BMW, how much you would have saved in that!! Even Creta has it.
  • No physical controls for AC
  • The BMW warning assistant needs getting used to. In some instances I can feel the steering correcting itself and becoming very stiff.

Overall I am super happy with the purchase. Feel it’s the perfect upgrade from my Octavia. However still missing that stiff ride in Octavia with B6. After warranty I might put B6 in BMW.

On another note looks like new 530Li is selling great. There were 2 of them being delivered today in the dealership. Also when I went for puja to the temple in Kasturba road, Bangalore, saw another four new 530 Li for puja. Strangely all 6 cars that I saw today are Titanium Brown colour.

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-ca665902cbc7490fa1646e19a904cd08.jpeg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-img_3460.jpeg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-img_3524.jpeg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-img_3461.jpeg

Last edited by sunikkat : 7th September 2024 at 00:30.
sunikkat is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 8th September 2024, 05:55   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Finally got the 330Li delivered today. Overall I am super happy with the purchase. Feel it’s the perfect upgrade from my Octavia. However still missing that stiff ride in Octavia with B6. After warranty I might put B6 in BMW.
Congratulations. Please do post pictures on the grey roof liner. Keen to see how that goes with the rest of the interiors. Wish this option was available 12 months back when I got my 3. On the B6, I would advise you to be careful as the 330Li is not a standard model that is sold globally and sourcing the right part could be a challenge. I already did try some months back from my UK supplier and we were struggling to identify the right set. A lot of this would be experimental and still not take you to the promised land. It’s a shame that the 340 does not come give adaptive dampers, as that would have been the ideal setup.
cedricsg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2024, 11:53   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
Congratulations. Please do post pictures on the grey roof liner. Keen to see how that goes with the rest of the interiors. Wish this option was available 12 months back when I got my 3. On the B6, I would advise you to be careful as the 330Li is not a standard model that is sold globally and sourcing the right part could be a challenge.
Thanks buddy. No plans for now, will see few years down the line if required. With last 2 days usage I am starting to learn the handling characteristics and it’s very impressive. And also with the speed restrictions on highways, I don’t think I will be driving this as aggressive as Octavia.

Personal preference, I totally loved M Sport Pro headliner. Not sure whether you would, so don’t think you are missing out any. Few pics attached, sorry for the low light since it’s taken from the basement.

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-img_3544.jpeg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-img_3543.jpeg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-img_3542.jpeg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-img_3541.jpeg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-img_3539.jpeg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-img_3538.jpeg
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks