Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2023, 15:39   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_v_kr View Post
My SA called me yesterday to inform that BMW has launched sun blinds as an official accessory. He is yet to see it in person and will send me the details once he gets it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Glad to hear this and hope they will bring it for both the G20 & G28.. I am assuming the rear window is longer in the latter.
It is quite interesting to note that both the 3er Touring (G21) and M3 Touring (G81) get the option to add in-built roll-up/down Rear Sun-blinds from factory but they didn't think about giving the same option to the 3er sedan (G20/G28/G80)!!

Name:  3 Touring.png
Views: 858
Size:  41.6 KB

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 23rd January 2023 at 15:43.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 17:06   #242
BHPian

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...ftware-upgrade

BMW is rolling out updates to its idrive7 and idrive8 OSs. Not sure if this has anything for India MyBMW app connectivity in idrive7 models

Did any of you hear anything from the dealers?
Old 26th January 2023, 17:12   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Media drive reviews

https://Youtu.be/E8h_7VFAz_A

https://Youtu.be/IJPGaW-557Q

https://Youtu.be/Eoq0r__ljYY

The only regular wheelbase 3 Series one can buy is now the M340i.
Strangely, none of there these guys show the car’s boot space or even discuss it. Or for that matter, any real negative about the car.
Isn’t this important, or do prospective 3 series buyers not really care about the boot space?
one-77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 20:45   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Strangely, none of there these guys show the car’s boot space or even discuss it. Or for that matter, any real negative about the car.
Isn’t this important, or do prospective 3 series buyers not really care about the boot space?
Can only speak for myself but I certainly curse the thinking behind such a shallow boot with that idiotic space saver tyre (SST).

Further, reviewers should load their parents and/or kids too just to get their reactions. It's fine chortling about the insane power and the handling is sharp etc. but I feel it's crucial to give a real life idea too.

Last edited by itwasntme : 26th January 2023 at 21:02.
Old 30th January 2023, 15:14   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_v_kr View Post
This is the picture that i received. He confirmed that its part of the official accessories. Unfortunately, he said its only for LWB version and not the regular 3-series. Will get to know pricing in a day or two.
Hey! any update on this? This is a feature which I sorely miss on my new 330Li (this and the comfort access.....).
Old 31st January 2023, 12:19   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumplingDon View Post
Hey! any update on this? This is a feature which I sorely miss on my new 330Li (this and the comfort access.....).
This will be available by Feb end, says my SA from Deutschen. Comfort access? I don't think that was on the cards.
Old 31st January 2023, 12:48   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulsivemedusa View Post
This will be available by Feb end, says my SA from Deutschen. Comfort access? I don't think that was on the cards.
Thanks for the info. I'll reach out to my SA.

Ohh I was just mentioning that the lack of the comfort access feature was one of my major gripes besides not having the sun shades. 10 year old cars have features like comfort access so its a big miss. From what I understand its not even a worthwhile endeavor to try and retrofit this feature.
Old 31st January 2023, 15:20   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Ohh I was just mentioning that the lack of the comfort access feature was one of my major gripes besides not having the sun shades. 10 year old cars have features like comfort access so its a big miss. From what I understand its not even a worthwhile endeavor to try and retrofit this feature.
True that. We are trying to get BMW introduce the Connected Drive features on iDrive7 in this Twitter thread. Please support with your comments/likes if you can so that it gains traction and makes BMW take us seriously.
Impulsivemedusa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 16:45   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulsivemedusa View Post
Spoke with my SA and these are available now and priced around 9,600 INR
DumplingDon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 17:28   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Spoke with my SA and these are available now and priced around 9,600 INR
I've also heard the same thing but haven't seen any real pictures yet. Unless classily executed, they will look ultra cheap on a BMW .

And is the price for a set of 2, 4 or 5, i.e. including the back?
Old 8th February 2023, 17:52   #251

Quote:
I've also heard the same thing but haven't seen any real pictures yet. Unless classily executed, they will look ultra cheap on a BMW .

And is the price for a set of 2, 4 or 5, i.e. including the back?
Unfortunately its only for the rear doors so 2 pieces. Seems unreasonably priced for what it is. Should have had a piece for the back window at at least.
DumplingDon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 11:50   #252
BHPian

Had a lot of to-and-fro with BMW on the ConnectedDrive part with absolutely no success. I got to talk to a "technology" person there who thought connected drive starts and ends with making emergency calls in case of accidents

I had asked him specifically why the router already present in the pre-LCI cars cannot get a SIM so that these cars also get real-time traffic information and internet-aware BMW assistant which can help you with more queries. He said he'll get back to me in a couple of weeks but reneged on that. When asked BMW mail team said they have nothing more to add.

Is it possible to write to Vivek Pahwa?

Quote:
Further, reviewers should load their parents and/or kids too just to get their reactions. It's fine chortling about the insane power and the handling is sharp etc. but I feel it's crucial to give a real life idea too.
Well said. Frankly, most reviews only talk about the utilitarian parts or the electronics in detail

Last edited by vb-saan : 21st February 2023 at 12:07. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another. Thank you!
Impulsivemedusa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 11:54   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
I checked out the car recently and the boot gave me a huge scare. With the space saver, its unusable. Now put this on hold.
Old 21st February 2023, 13:52   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
I checked out the car recently and the boot gave me a huge scare. With the space saver, its unusable. Now put this on hold.
Boot is rather small but not very bad. Can gobble up few cabin bags or luggage good enough for 3-4 days travel(for 4 people). In situations where you need more space, you can remove space saver which liberates more room at the cost of not having a spare.
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 21:39   #255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Boot is rather small but not very bad. Can gobble up few cabin bags or luggage good enough for 3-4 days travel(for 4 people). In situations where you need more space, you can remove space saver which liberates more room at the cost of not having a spare.
Agree wholeheartedly!

Look, need to adjust: buy a full set of matching soft luggage befitting the 3GC for the holiday trips. Airport runs are dicey but can be managed by split folding seats. Full load of pax and luggage needs a Uber/Ola I am afraid.

Disaster case, buy a roof box!
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks