Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2023, 19:35   #556
BHPian

Re: Citroen C5 Aircross Review

Buying the C5 Aircross would be a heart over head decision but you will not regret a bit. I completed 2 years of ownership with 30k+ kms and I have enjoyed every bit of the drive, both in city as well as highway. In fact, I just returned back from a 2600kms trip to Gujarat (Mumbai to Gir, Somnath, Dwarka, Rann of Kutch and back). I and my family (with 2 kids) enjoy every bit of the drive. Although the C5 Aircross is not a hardcore SUV (no 4x4 but has drive modes), it drives extremely well, has comfortable suspension, nice gearbox and awesome pull of the engine while being fuel efficient at the same time. The car does miss out on a few features like ventilated seats, projector LED headlamps, no powered seat for co-passenger, no wireless carplay or android auto (I have worked around few of those, see my other posts for details). The doors feel heavy and overall quality is good too. You even get a full sized spare wheel with alloy.

Since you love cars, especially European ones, you will love every bit of C5 Aircross. Even I upgraded from an Aquarius Fiesta 1.6S after owning it for 12 years and 1.2L kms.

How long will Citroen survive in India is definitely a question mark looking at their dismal marketing strategy and low volume sale. The C3, eC3 and C3 Aircross have not been able to capitalise the Indian market when other manufaturers have long waiting lists. If you are getting a 2022 manufatured car, ask for heavy discounts, and include the 5 year service package and extended warranty which will make the deal sweeter for you. Do a long test drive before you commit.

Citroen dealers have been extremely supportive and helpful. They have always been stressing that the company is here to stay and parts availability isn't an issue now or in future. But I take their statement with a pinch of salt, one never knows the future. But looking at the present, we C5 Aircross owners are a happy lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satkaj View Post
Hello all,

I am planning to buy Citron C5! Yes if I am not considered stupid.
streetfighter is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 09:35   #557
BHPian

Thanks Streetfighter . I have been following your thread, Honestly the reason I am gathering courage to follow heart over my head. Which might be called stupid as well.

I will initiate my discussion with the dealer by end of the month.

How much discount should I expect for a car built in 2022, billed in 2023-24 accounting year?

Last edited by Axe77 : 21st November 2023 at 09:39.
Satkaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 14:36   #558
BHPian

Quote:
How much discount should I expect for a car built in 2022, billed in 2023-24 accounting year?
I guess you are looking the facelift model. Citroen has been gradually increasing the price of the C5 Aircross even with the low sale numbers. I've attached an indicative price in 2022 when the facelift was launched. Checking current prices online reveals that price has moved a lot more. Citroen does run offers and discounts, so do check what is prevailing currently. Also do check with another dealer (B4s Motors, Pune) just to be double sure and get the best deal.

I'm no expert in the car finance field, but I think the pre-facelift price would be a good starting point, including some freebies like service package and extended warranty. Other experts can pitch in !

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-screenshot-20231121-141323.png
streetfighter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 17:12   #559
BHPian

Just read an article saying 2L discount offer currently on C5 Aircross - https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...15-lakh-429892
Old 23rd November 2023, 08:50   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
Just read an article saying 2L discount offer currently on C5 Aircross - https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...15-lakh-429892
Wait till December end they would be pushed for higher discounts on soon to be 2 year old car . As much i like this vehicle, Stellantis makes it equally hard to buy. Every quarter they keep increasing prices. Are they competing against likes of X1 for prices? May be the cost of that tiny production line is being passed on to consumer rather than building a customer base and then going for the price increase. Price hike is across manufacturers, more so post pandemic.

Somewhere it always bothers that, were they ever serious in getting a good market share or being classic French (Never understood the APAC market). Looks at recent dismal number of Jeep Compass. Same vehicle under previous management structure was doing so well.

I hope that they would stay for another decade. Automotive eco system will stay vibrant only when we have more manufacturers rather than just top 4.

Last edited by CircleOfLife : 23rd November 2023 at 08:51.
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 19:50   #561
BHPian

Hello, I did listen to my heart and went ahead and bought C5 in March this year and after 8 months of ownership and around 6k running, I can say I am happy that I made a right choice. When I made a decision, I knew that I had no plans for looking for resale value, what all I had in mind was comfortable ride Quality.Every-time I start the car I feel like going for a long drive. Only area of concern is spare and service however will cross the bridge when it comes.
Bicycle7385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 22:30   #562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycle7385 View Post
Hello, I did listen to my heart and went ahead and bought C5 in March this year and after 8 months of ownership and around 6k running, I can say I am happy that I made a right choice. When I made a decision, I knew that I had no plans for looking for resale value, what all I had in mind was comfortable ride Quality.Every-time I start the car I feel like going for a long drive. Only area of concern is spare and service however will cross the bridge when it comes.
Did you buy the pre-facelift one (launched on April 2021) or the facelifted one which was launched around September 2022.

I would suggest you to write a detailed post and add some pics of your C5 next time.
Sourd810 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 22:51   #563
BHPian

I bought facelift version, when I took the test drive it was Pre facelift. Anyway I was sold out to c5 so it was just a matter of time before I pulled the trigger.Citroen C5 Aircross Review-img_4395.jpeg

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-img_4064.jpeg

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-img_4058.jpeg
Bicycle7385 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 17:48   #564
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Thanks Streetfighter . I have been following your thread, Honestly the reason I am gathering courage to follow heart over my head. Which might be called stupid as well.

I will initiate my discussion with the dealer by end of the month.

Did you end up buying this awesome machine? What are the discounts in the market as per you research?
sjain2054 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 17:50   #565
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I bought facelift version, when I took the test drive it was Pre facelift. Anyway I was sold out to c5 so it was just a matter of time before I pulled the trigger
Congratulations! I test drove this car about 2 years back and it was such a spectacular drive!

How has your initial experience been? I already know the positives. Please do highlight negatives, if any.
sjain2054 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 18:10   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjain2054 View Post
Did you end up buying this awesome machine? What are the discounts in the market as per you research?
No, No one even bothered to connect even after sales guy who called me quoting Team bhp discussion. Felt they were not interested in selling. Though I love the car , can’t go blindly on cost as well as support.
Satkaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 02:36   #567
BHPian

I do not have any negatives to report except infotainment, here there is a hassle when you need to use a Google map, we need to connect my iPhone via cable only then one can interface the map. This means iPhone is charging and if you leave it there for long time, phone will get hot and stops charge.
Bicycle7385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 12:45   #568
BHPian

The one thing that always made me grin about C5 is the engine, which I always consider the heart of the vehicle - people nowadays omit cars for sunroof, ventilated seats, 360 camera just makes me ;

All the other things like magic carpet ride, comfortability and etc; are just addons to the awesome diesel engine in the C5. I just drool at the engine specification of DW10FC, There is a modification of the engine with a twin turbocharger of 210 hp and 450 Nm .

With the above, DW10FC is a mile muncher. Many vehicles have done more than 250000 to 400000 kms without any major issues. Not only this but all engines if given proper attention - "condition based, planned preventive, predictive, preventive maintenances" there won't be necessity to do "Corrective Maintenance".

Trivia : With the engine as basis only Ford's Duratorq engines were developed (I own the 1.5 TDCi )
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen C5 Aircross Review-dw10fc.jpg  

Last edited by Sheel : 31st January 2024 at 16:30. Reason: Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.
Thyag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 15:17   #569
BHPian

Congratulations.... the facelift in Cumulus Grey looks stunning

Quote:
I bought facelift version, when I took the test drive it was Pre facelift. Anyway I was sold out to c5 so it was just a matter of time before I pulled the trigger.
I use a device called Carlinkit to enable wireless Apple Carplay. I have mentioned this in my earlier post here (Citroen C5 Aircross Review)

Quote:
I do not have any negatives to report except infotainment, here there is a hassle when you need to use a Google map, we need to connect my iPhone via cable only then one can interface the map. This means iPhone is charging and if you leave it there for long time, phone will get hot and stops charge.
streetfighter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 08:33   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyag View Post
The one thing that always made me grin about C5 is the engine, which I always consider the heart of the vehicle
This 185 HP 400 NM torque diesel engine competes well with the 2 litre diesels from BMW and Mercedes. In the automobile-catalog website the performance figures - outright acceleration, In gear acceleration and quarter mile timings - are better than the GLC220d and the X320d. This shows the superiority of French diesel technology. Even Autocar quotes in the C5 review that French diesels are the editor's favourite in their respective price segments (1.5L & 2.0L)
Harsha89 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks