Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2021, 11:06   #1051
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsingh70 View Post
Hi,
I am trying to figure out whether the Safari has an electronic steering or an hydraulic one.
The steering is hydraulic and not electrical. I just drove on Mumbai Pune express way @ 120 . Steering becomes light at high speed, but not excessively sensitive. It’s stable at high speeds.
NitSat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 17:27   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitSat View Post
The steering is hydraulic and not electrical. I just drove on Mumbai Pune express way @ 120 . Steering becomes light at high speed, but not excessively sensitive. It’s stable at high speeds.
Thanks for the feedback. I saw many reviewers talk about light steering at high speed, but was always wondering what that high speed is. Is that in 100s or 110s or 120s or more...

Your post here clears a lot for me. Thanks again
NoLurkerForLong is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 13:39   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLurkerForLong View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I saw many reviewers talk about light steering at high speed, but was always wondering what that high speed is. Is that in 100s or 110s or 120s or more...

Your post here clears a lot for me. Thanks again
It is a temp issue for someone used to a perfect European steering like me (past cars being Jetta, Octavia) but after driving the Safari for 2k clicks on two BLR <> CJB runs, i now have a better handle of the sensitivity of the Safari at higher speeds - one disadvantage is that you don't feel involved to drive but the advantage is that you don't feel tired after driving l-o-n-g distances. But the hard steering in city traffic is still a pain to maneuver. TATA should inverse their steering calibration to being light at city speeds and hard at highway.
AirWind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 10:09   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
Ira question, I have not been able to get the app to sync, the location is stuck on Pune. It's been two days since I received the esim activation message. Anybody else facing the same problem?
Just to close the loop on this issue, the ira module in my car needed a hard reset. This module is located just under the driver's seat in the safari. The battery from the unit was removed and reinstalled by service personnel, the application syncs, and remote commands work now.
raamki is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 20:57   #1055
BHPian

I have completed PDI and waiting for delivery. Dealer is quoting a substantially higher insurance than what is available online.

Is there a benefit if one buys insurance from dealer in settling the claim? Any other tangible benefit? It is the same insurer, mind you. ☺️
Old 6th July 2021, 21:30   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.pavan View Post
I have completed PDI and waiting for delivery. Dealer is quoting a substantially higher insurance than what is available online.

Is there a benefit if one buys insurance from dealer in settling the claim? Any other tangible benefit? It is the same insurer, mind you. ☺️
There is no benifit whatsoever, once a car is sold it's you, your car, service center and your insurance provider. The dealership might scare you to sell their insurance policy as they have a big margin on it, but don't believe them.

Just make sure your insurance policy has zero depreciation and cashless coverage. Other useful covers are, consumables, Road side assistance, tyre cover, engine and gearbox cover if you live in a flood prone area.
yesyeswe is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 08:06   #1057

Quote:

Just get quotes directly from insurers or from policy bazaar and ask dealer to match it. They would typically match the rates. Rest is up to you then.

There is no practical impact on claim servicing as long as the insurer has decent coverage of cashless service centers.
Patro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 15:49   #1058
BHPian

Quote:

None at all, they simply want the extra margin. For ours the dealer was quoting 1.2L and we got it for 64k by ourselves, like for like.
ankur_fox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 17:09   #1059
BHPian

Quote:

My dealer matched the price I got from HDFC Ergo, I opted for zero dep and return to invoice as add ons. I was told they wouldn't levy labor charges on warranty claims for repairs at tata authorised dealer service centers.
raamki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 09:54   #1060
BHPian

As quite a few are new owners here and deliveries are starting to happen in big numbers, I thought this article could be helpful in maintaining the much beloved new car

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ownin...r-new-car.html (ARTICLE: How to Run-In your new car)
gk.pavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 15:17   #1061
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripy002 View Post
Hello everyone!

I have a little problem with a new Tata Safari 2021 model.
Facing a weird problem with the Start, the battery discharges withing 4-5 days if the car is not used and the engine will not crank. Got the car from the showroom 4 months back.

As per TASS this is normal with bigger engine cars. They recommend to run my car every 2-3 days to keep the battery charged up. I just don't buy that narrative. New battery should not have this problem, should it? Anyone else facing this issue with the new Safari?

Need help. Thanks
Unlikely to be a problem with the battery or the vehicle itself from the information available in your post.

Next time you start the car, use it for a longer trip, say an hour drive. Afterwards observe if this problem recurs if the vehicle was left idle for several days, unless the battery was fully run-down last time, there is unlikely to be any permanent damage.

I believe the owners manual will have the exact number of weeks and how long to run the vehicle in order to keep the battery charged during long parking ( I remember my Nano had such instructions).
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 20:00   #1062
BHPian

Hi Guys, I took delivery of my Safari XMA on 5th July.

2021 Tata Safari Review-deliverypic.jpg

Some interesting and some not very encouraging observations which I hope will be proved wrong with time. I have owned a Duster before and currently have a Cruze and hence my comparisons are pitted against these two cars alone.

Safari rides like a dream and comfort is more than can be expected for its size. I chose the Safari over the Innova on ride comfort alone with all other issues like ASS, reliability and resale taking a huge backseat. In the fit and finish department, Safari is more like an elongated Duster with very mediocre plastics and creaking door trims et al. As with the Duster, the only USP is the dreamlike ride comfort unmatched by other crossovers in this price band. Unlike the Duster the Safari is a head turner and definitely makes you feel special about owning one. I personally feel that I’m owning a poor man’s Land rover and still happy for it. That being said, I doubt if the interior plastics or the door trims will last a lac of kms without showing any tantrums. Say what you will, My Cruze has crossed 1.1 lac kms without any fuss and the cabin is still creak free and the inner door handles feel as if they were built to last.
Stock tyres were 235/70R16 steel rims and I upsized it to 235/65R17 Alloys as I felt that the sidewalls in the R16 too high for my liking. R18 OE alloys in the stock Safari are an overkill in my opinion as I feel that they severely compromise the ride quality and tyres in R18 are hugely expensive.

Other modifications and accessories fitted.
Floor mats.

2021 Tata Safari Review-floormats.jpg

3M sun films of 70 VLT.
Ceramic coating.
Hella Horns.
HID lights for the projector lamps.
Rat chasing device.
The Front grill and the headlight bezel were repainted with Piano black finish and a dab of red.

2021 Tata Safari Review-frontgrill1.jpg

Foot rest.

2021 Tata Safari Review-sidestep.jpg

Door handle scratch preventor.
2021 Tata Safari Review-fingerscratch.jpg
10. R17 Alloy wheels with 235/65R17 Goodyear Triple max tyres.
2021 Tata Safari Review-alloys.jpg
11. White LEDs for parking lights. ( This is not the encouraging part).
While changing the parking yellow bulbs to white LED bulbs I came across the OE wiring fit and finish. SHAME ON YOU TATA for trying to skim customers who have invested more than 20 lac rupees on your brand. It’s really pathetic that they don’t have the decency to provide concealed wiring harness. It’s stuff like this which leaves a really bad taste in your mouth when you know you have bought a car which could do so much more if only the manufacturer was not so greedy or lethargic. Hope I don’t find any more gremlins hiding inside the car.

2021 Tata Safari Review-wiringharness.jpg

The other gripe is that the DEF tank is only half full. Why couldn’t they have the courtesy to at least top it up so that We the owners have some peace of mind when trying to take the car for a long drive. The Sales advisor was not helping matters by saying that DEF tank has a range of only 2000 kms and has to be topped up only at the authorized service centers.
My Verdict
100% for the engine
100% for the looks
100% for the handling
100% for the ride quality
20% for the plastics and other cosmetics
20% for crimping on costs in wiring harness, DEF tank top up and other absurdities which will not really cost that much over what they are purchasing for, now.

One interesting thing that I noticed on the roof of the Safari was the Beluga hump, as I like to call it. There is no sun roof in the XMA. Instead there is a hump from the mid of the Safari, much like the Omni of yesteryears.

2021 Tata Safari Review-belugahump.jpg

Leave you with some parting pics. All photos shot in mobile phone. All accessories and painting of front grill done at AUTOGRADE, Chennai who indulged all my whims and fancies till 10.30 pm in the night. Thank you guys.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-autogradefrontprofile.jpg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-safarifrontsideprofile.jpg  

Neil Roy is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 22:49   #1063
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Clap everything looks great except those red accents on the headlamp. Beluga hump is interesting , can you post some interior pics including the beluga hump. Also on road price and breakups.
Happy motoring
TorqueIndia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 11:03   #1064
BHPian

[All accessories and painting of front grill done at AUTOGRADE, Chennai who indulged all my whims and fancies till 10.30 pm in the night. Thank you guys.[/quote]

I love the black grill..dechromed.. Imo, too much chrome on non-adventure persona variants.

Can someone please recommend a good accessories store for getting this done in Bangalore? I am taking delivery of XZA+ today. Excited like a child
gk.pavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 12:18   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post

Attachment 2177198

Some interesting and some not very encouraging observations which I hope will be proved wrong with time. I have owned

Other modifications and accessories fitted.
Floor mats.

Attachment 2177200

3M sun films of 70 VLT.
Ceramic coating.
Hella Horns.
HID lights for the projector lamps.
Rat chasing device.
The Front grill and the headlight bezel were repainted with Piano black finish and a dab of red.

Attachment 2177201

Foot rest.

Attachment 2177203

Door handle scratch preventor.
Attachment 2177199
10. R17 Alloy wheels with 235/65R17 Goodyear Triple max tyres.
Attachment 2177195
11. White LEDs for parking lights. ( This is not the encouraging part).
While changing the parking yellow bulbs to white LED bulbs I came across the OE wiring fit and finish. SHAME ON YOU TATA for trying to skim customers who have invested more than 20 lac rupees on your brand. It’s really pathetic that they don’t have the decency to provide concealed wiring harness. It’s stuff like this which leaves a really bad taste in your mouth when you know you have bought a car which could do so much more if only the manufacturer was not so greedy or lethargic. Hope I don’t find any more gremlins hiding inside the car.

One interesting thing that I noticed on the roof of the Safari was the Beluga hump, as I like to call it. There is no sun roof in the XMA. Instead there is a hump from the mid of the Safari, much like the Omni of yesteryears.

Attachment 2177197

Leave you with some parting pics.
Very cool. Congratulations and wish you many a happy mile!

I have toyed with the idea of buying the significantly cheaper XMA and making some mods to enhance the visual quotient. Must say this looks nicely done, especially the blackening out of the chrome.

While looking through the Safari website, one thing I noticed on the XMA was that it had black / dark interiors. Can you confirm or share some pics of the seats & interiors? I guess this way more practical to maintain than the all white upholstery and door pads on the top trim.

If I am not wrong the XMA also doesn't have the touchscreen infotainment unit seen on the top trim. This has been the source of many complaints and constant niggles. That's another one in favour of XMA.

If you don't mind, could you share a breakdown of the costs for these modifications and changes?

IMHO where the XMA variant loses out is on the airbags and some other active safety aids. This is what has been holding me back from considering the XMA.
charade is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks