Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2021, 14:56   #526
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Identity View Post
Tata must do something about this before people jump the boat and go with other options. I am now waiting for new XUV5OO to see if it can better Safari.
The million dollar question is, which other option is likely to have a known and respectable safety rating? I suppose, XUV500 might be the only one but don't hold your breath on any other option.
prakash_ajp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 16:01   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Neat pics there. The Adventure edition that I saw had bench seats. And I'd personally prefer those
Hi Sebring, Thats good news. I too prefer bench seat. Do you have any pics of the Adventure edition bench seat? I looked at all youtube videos and all of them seem to have just captain seats.
Old 6th March 2021, 16:07   #528
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Hi Sebring, Thats good news. I too prefer bench seat. Do you have any pics of the Adventure edition bench seat? I looked at all Youtube videos and all of them seem to have just captain seats.
Watch this walk around by BHPian Bunny Punia of the Adventure Persona variant with bench seats / 7 seater variant.

BoneCollector is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 17:35   #529
BHPian

Tata Safari spotted testing, yet again.
Source
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-tatasafarispiedagain11200x745.jpg  

udaikalra01 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 17:54   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
The million dollar question is, which other option is likely to have a known and respectable safety rating? I suppose, XUV500 might be the only one but don't hold your breath on any other option.
I think M&M will go the extra mile and work towards a perfect 5* at launch.

The Koreans' Alcazar wont care for safety especially since its based on the Creta, so will compensate heavily with features and win customers by the bucketloads anyway.

M&M knows Tata cannot and will not crash test its flagships and therefore would want to capitalise on the USP in this segment.

If we know something about M&M is that they can move fast if they want to. Just like they threw a 1.99 mil motor on the XUV when the wise Green Tribunal banned 2000 cc engines in NCR.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 02:00   #531
BHPian

And idea about the recline angle of the captain seats? Can they go as low as those in the Volvo semi sleeper long distance buses?

Last edited by kedar_GT : 7th March 2021 at 02:17.
Old 7th March 2021, 07:03   #532
BHPian

I fail to understand why Tata Harrier has not yet been tested by GNCAP! What is Tata hiding here? Your entire marketing campaign is based around safety. I bet most people started considering Tata cars due to their perceived safety. It’s not like Tata cars have the best features or the best engines and gearbox options. But safety is always promised. But not for the Harrier and now Safari it seems.
CarGuy_DM is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 09:12   #533
BHPian

Didn’t quite like the Safari review pictures, and didn’t even like the car itself. But that Adventure Persona came along and fixed literally everything that was wrong in the regular Safari.

Tata fixed all that was wrong with the Harrier one year after its launch and everything that was wrong with the Safari within a few weeks! Excellent, Tata.

Omkar, nice review and excellent pictures. Thanks for taking my suggestion seriously and implementing it so quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightSix View Post
* Quality of pictures in official reviews — The Tata Safari photographs were just not appealing.
This is the outright the sexiest SUV of 2021.
EightSix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 10:52   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
I think M&M will go the extra mile and work towards a perfect 5* at launch.....

If we know something about M&M is that they can move fast if they want to. Just like they threw a 1.99 mil motor on the XUV when the wise Green Tribunal banned 2000 cc engines in NCR.
Nothing is definitive in the market until it happens. Apart from the Thars astounding success (niggles aside) every other Mahindra new launches have fallen flat after the initial euphoria. Marazzo, 300, kuv, Alturas, Jawa etc...

Last edited by shortbread : 7th March 2021 at 10:57.
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 11:42   #535
BHPian

I might be in the minority here, but I don't like this shade of blue much. To me it looks faded colour. Safari needs Dark edition ASAP. It will look total gangster.

PS: the armrests of captain seats are a joke.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th March 2021 at 13:21. Reason: Removing unrecognised smileys/symbols.
Old 7th March 2021, 12:11   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by museycal View Post
T
This might be too far fetched a thought, but if Tata doesn't have any upcoming car between the Nexon and Harrier, the Harrier needs to go down by at-least Rs. 1,00,000/- per trim for:
- Harrier and Safari to safely co-exist without cannibalization
- Taking on the Korean twins, which practically have had free run so far
- Future readiness against the upcoming 7 Seater Creta/Alacazar

On the contrary I think they will raise the prices of the Safari by a lakh in due course considering:
1. The sales numbers of the Safari
2. To prevent cannibalization between the Harrier and Safari
3. These prices have been termed introductory offer.

In case the numbers dwindle and sales figures are not good, price hike would not take place instead they would chop of features to cut cost (just like they were doing for the Hexa).
pandabear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 12:13   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuy_DM View Post
I fail to understand why Tata Harrier has not yet been tested by GNCAP! What is Tata hiding here? Your entire marketing campaign is based around safety. I bet most people started considering Tata cars due to their perceived safety. It’s not like Tata cars have the best features or the best engines and gearbox options. But safety is always promised. But not for the Harrier and now Safari it seems.
I cannot imagine the fall from grace if they don't do well in NCAP, Nexon has sent the benchmark and even 4 stars would be unacceptable to the majority.
pandabear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 12:17   #538
BANNED

Those blacked-out elements on the exterior and the interior really enhanced the looks and appeal of the car.
Old 7th March 2021, 13:51   #539
BANNED

Thanks for the review comments. What it looks like now is Harrier with very few cosmetic changes. With M&M comes bang with Thar and expect similar WOW factors in 2nd gen XUV500, 3rd gen Scorpio, TATA has tough road ahead.

Though not on same segment, when it comes to money, if Renault can offer AMT with turbo engine at the cost 8.5L onroad, why someone has to shell out 100% more money - TATA has to make that answer clear like NCAP rating, comfort in ride handling and after sales.

Hope TATA folks listen to..
tsr_83 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 14:49   #540
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsr_83 View Post

Though not on same segment, when it comes to money, if Renault can offer AMT with turbo engine at the cost 8.5L onroad, why someone has to shell out 100% more money - TATA has to make that answer clear like NCAP rating, comfort in ride handling and after sales.

Hope TATA folks listen to..
You did not seriously compare the Kiger/Triber to the Harrier/Safari duo? Your logic implies that there is no justification for people picking up any car costing over 10 lakhs. GNCAP matters a lot. However, that alone does not sell cars in India.
sierrabravo98 is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks