Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2024, 09:53   #2851
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Headlight upgrades are available as official accessories at the dealer showrooms. So, better to stick with them than going for a non Tata accessories. A warranty related dispute is best avoided.
Rodie09 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2024, 10:03   #2852
BHPian

I have 1 yr, 6000 km pre-facelift Safari. It has run into this error: "FCW-AEB System Failure. Please Contact Service Center".

Servicing is due this month. Is it alright to show that time or it's something that needs urgent attention? Have also asked Autopoint service station, Wakad, Pune. They said they will check and get back. Lady on TASS number says your vehicle must be towed but I didn't buy that as yet.

Sorry the photograph isn't clear, I have put up the text above.

2021 Tata Safari Review-err.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
I have 1 yr, 6000 km pre-facelift Safari. It has run into this error: "FCW-AEB System Failure. Please Contact Service Center".
For record, the warning went away on its own.

The service station advised to bring the car, but since the warning has gone and servicing is due in 2/3 weeks I'll show them at that time.

Strangely, for last several months, there was an amber spanner (service reminder) lurking in the top right corner. As this warning went away it took the spanner along with it!

Last edited by graaja : 2nd September 2024 at 01:59. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
Old 1st September 2024, 21:28   #2853
BHPian

Hello everyone, today while trying to unlock the car with the buttons on the key required a lot of effort, though the car unlocked. When I pressed the Start/Stop button, the MID started flashing the message "Key out of range". I guess the key fob's battery has gone kaput. Should I visit the ASC for this or just replace the battery from the outside?
Has this happened with any members?
Old 2nd September 2024, 09:58   #2854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post

Servicing is due this month. Is it alright to show that time or it's something that needs urgent attention? Have also asked Autopoint service station, Wakad, Pune. They said they will check and get back. Lady on TASS number says your vehicle must be towed but I didn't buy that as yet.

Sorry the photograph isn't clear, I have put up the text above.

Attachment 2648968

From google FCW is Forward collision warning and AEB is Autonomous emergency braking. Did the pre-facelift version had these features? Else this could be just a mismatch in software version or a software bug
NoLurkerForLong is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2024, 12:55   #2855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshreyansh View Post
Hello everyone, today while trying to unlock the car with the buttons on the key required a lot of effort, though the car unlocked. When I pressed the Start/Stop button, the MID started flashing the message "Key out of range". I guess the key fob's battery has gone kaput. Should I visit the ASC for this or just replace the battery from the outside?
With today's complex cars and keys, I would not take chance with a random vendor and would go to ASC instead. More so if the car is still under warranty.
Rodie09 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2024, 14:19   #2856
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshreyansh View Post
Have you started the car by bringing the keyfob to the designated area (most likely steering column or near handbrake area)? Or has it gone completely kaput?

Just check the battery inside the fob and replace it with the same spec battery from the same company to be on the safer side. Not much of a job and even if you go to the ASC, the SA will just change the battery in front of you and won't bill for labour and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
With today's complex cars and keys, I would not take chance with a random vendor and would go to ASC instead. More so if the car is still under warranty.
As a person who is currently exclusively going to authorised service centre, even I feel that changing the battery in the key fob shouldn't be a ASC visit. Changing the car battery maybe an issue in complicated modern cars, but changing the key fob battery is as simple as changing your TV remote battery.

Last edited by DicKy : 2nd September 2024 at 14:21.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks