Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2024, 19:23   #2836
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailtoansh View Post
on 2 - Yes, it is not adjusting automatically to my previous setting. I have to do it manually by using M1/2/3.
I have the same issue, I don't think there is a fix for this. But I have it on my list to bring it to the SA's notice when I go in for the 4th service sometime next week. Will let you know what I hear from them.

Quote:
on 5- Below is the screenshot of my DEF screen with a warning.
This is standard warning when the level is almost at the 1/4th mark. I would suggest to fill it now and not wait till the low DEF warning comes up, like the fuel warning. It should take in 10 liters of DEF easily. You can fill it at any Shell outlet, and you don't have to go to the service center to get this filled.

And I don't think it will be sufficient for a month, if you run the car often. As per my calculations, usually it is 500Km range per liter of DEF and that's how I calculate and keep a tab of it.
fusionbang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 11:12   #2837
BHPian

Hi Fellow Bhpians,
Need your advise with an issue with my car. Safari XTA+ 2021 model.

Issue: Steering shudders violently on hard breaking.
This happens only on hard braking. (e.g. Applying full brakes suddenly to avoid an obstacle. Gradual braking doesn't cause this issue)

Solutions Tried:
a) Wheel alignment & balancing. Did these at a reputed tyre dealership (MRF Tyredome, not at Tata service centre. They had corrected car left pulling issue which Tata ASS were never able to address). But steeting shudder issue still persists.

30K Service @ PPS Guindy:
Had mentioned this issue to SA during 30k service. But he couldn't care less & focussed on 30k service related work. Infact he went above & beyond to deliver the car with puncture intact (It seems service centres don't have the capability to repair tyre punctres). On delivery the rear tyre had no air & was driven few metres which could have caused sidewall damage. But PPS Guindy was courteus enough to replace the nail and reinflate tyre before sending off. Hats off to them.

Question?
I had went OOT, to Trichy post service. Can I drive with this issue for 300-400 kms and take it back to service centre. Another option is stay back & give the vehicle to Kaveri motors Trichy. Sudden braking scenarios are scary due to this issue.
vegitakarthik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 09:37   #2838
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Rodie09 and other owners,

Also, I got a DEF warning yesterday saying the "DEF level is low Refill soon". I topped up the DEF to full in March (at the time of 2nd free service) so should I wait till next month when my 3rd service is due or should I get it filled before?
Any idea roughly how many km can be driven per litre of DEF?

Thanks in advance
Hi there, regarding the DEF warning I would suggest you top it up in quick time. It is a very basic task and TASC guys do it without job card too. Alternately, you can buy a can from any TATA spares shop and top it up. Both cases less than 15 mins of work.
Since you mentioned topping it up in March, you should know, it has got nothing to do with when you topped it up. IIRC, One tank DEF (15 L) is good for about 7500 km. Driving conditions definitely affect the range adversely.
FLYBOYSID is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 09:14   #2839
BHPian

Dear BHPians,

Going back a few pages, I see posts suggesting the XUV700 for MT and Safari for AT. Can someone please explain why the manual isn't preferred on the Safari or link to that post? I tried searching but couldn't find much.

Furthermore to the BHPians of Chennai owning Tata products,

I have received quotes from PPS, Gurudev, TAFE and Sri Gokulam Motors. I liked the attitude and nature of both PPS and Gurudev Sales executives. Both of them were calm, patient, knew about the product and were forthcoming in places where they didn't know. A rarity among sales executives in my experiences.

Do y'all have experience with any of these dealers? Do they promise the moon and back and then deliver nothing? Should I be asking for quotes from other dealers? if location is an issue, I live in Central/South Chennai.

From what I read, there was appreciation for PPS vehicle service and that TAFE promised accessories but didn't deliver them even 3 months after delivery.

Thank you.

Last edited by alphamike_1612 : 4th August 2024 at 09:19. Reason: Slight changes.
Old 6th August 2024, 20:23   #2840

Hello BHpians,

I have a 2023 XZA+ AT, need few inputs on a few niggles.

1) User interface acts very weirdly most of the times. I switch off the welcome feature as it takes lot of time to come back to its normal position and personally don't need that feature but after few days it automatically gets activated by itself.

2) Apple car play gets disconnected by itself after few days of use by itself and works only for music and calls, i have to again reconnect by deleting the device connection and reactivate it.
Anyone else facing the same issues?

Last edited by KarthikK : 6th August 2024 at 20:47. Reason: Spacing edits
Old 9th August 2024, 12:43   #2841

Hi BHPians - I need a quick help & guidance!

I own Tata Safari (August 2021 model) and is presently, under complete extended warranty till 2026. Last weekend (3rd August), my 'check engine' light went on. I went to the Tata Service Centre in Gurgaon and after keeping the car for two days for investigation, I was told that NOx sensor in the car is not working. I asked for a replacement under extended warranty but, Tata Motors has committed for a paid replacement of the NOx sensor (with some discounts) as according to them, it is not covered under extended warranty.

I asked them for extended warranty documentation but, was shared images of presentation which does not mention NOx sensor being excluded or included.

Does anyone has had any similar experiences? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EXTENDED WARRANTY PARTS COVERED LIST.pdf (1.75 MB, 21 views)
Old 11th August 2024, 18:07   #2842
BHPian

Hi @mailtoansh, you had mentioned about the welcome feature not working few days back. Have you got this fixed? I noticed the same in my xza+ and wondering what fix does it require. Do I need to got to SS?

Hi @praveen.gr, you mentioned turning the welcome feature off few posts back. How did you do that? Wondering if I have unknowingly turned it off

Appreciate your responses.
Old 13th August 2024, 14:49   #2843

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
Hi @mailtoansh, you had mentioned about the welcome feature not working few days back. Have you got this fixed? I noticed the same in my xza+ and wondering what fix does it require. Do I need to got to SS?
Hi,
The issue is still there and I will get it resolved in my upcoming SS visit for 3rd service. I did get it checked last time as well but the issue came up again.
Not sure what they will do this time

Last edited by Turbanator : 13th August 2024 at 14:52. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 14th August 2024, 08:41   #2844
BHPian

Hi, anyone knows how to get rid of the service reminder. I got my 2023 Safari XZA+ Red Dark edition serviced in MAY 24(Third Service). Thereafter, went back to the service centre on two occasions to get the service reminder removed. It keeps popping back up. I have clocked 14890 km on the odo so far. I can live with it, but any warning on the dash is an irritant. Any help is appreciated. TIA
Old 14th August 2024, 08:45   #2845
BHPian

Quote:

Hi @praveen.gr, you mentioned turning the welcome feature off few posts back. How did you do that? Wondering if I have unknowingly turned it off

Hi Rodie09, on the infotainment screen visit Settings >> Vehicle >> Seat. Toggle the Seat Easy Entry/Exit to your desired option.
FLYBOYSID is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 19:09   #2846

Quote:

@Rodie09 Go to quick settings > seat option and then you have the option to swtich off or on the welcome funtion.
Praveen.gr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2024, 11:54   #2847

Hi friends - I have a 2021 Royal Blue XZA Safari and have faced issues with low light in highway driving. May I ask for any recommendations for High beam & fog lamp upgrade (halogen or LED) for Safari?

Please do suggest any local Gurgaon dealer for the upgrade as well. Thank you!
Old 30th August 2024, 12:00   #2848

Quick update on the group - I had to make payment of the NOx sensor. Unfortunately, it was not covered in the extended warranty however, got a good response from Tata Motors once I escalated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromrishi View Post
Hi BHPians - I need a quick help & guidance!

I own Tata Safari (August 2021 model) and is presently, under complete extended warranty till 2026. Last weekend (3rd August), my 'check engine' light went on. I went to the Tata Service Centre in Gurgaon and after keeping the car for two days for investigation, I was told that NOx sensor in the car is not working. I asked for a replacement under extended warranty but, Tata Motors has committed for a paid replacement of the NOx sensor (with some discounts) as according to them, it is not covered under extended warranty.

I asked them for extended warranty documentation but, was shared images of presentation which does not mention NOx sensor being excluded or included.

Does anyone has had any similar experiences? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Old 30th August 2024, 12:20   #2849

Hi fellow BHPians -

I own 2021 Tata Safari XZA and lights (headlights - high beam, fog lights) seem pretty weak for highway driving. May I request for recommendations/experiences for upgrade:
1. LED vs Halogen compatibility & output
2. Any local dealer recommendation for Gurgaon

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!
Old 30th August 2024, 20:41   #2850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromrishi View Post
Hi fellow BHPians -

I own 2021 Tata Safari XZA and lights (headlights - high beam, fog lights) seem pretty weak for highway driving. May I request for recommendations/experiences for upgrade:
1. LED vs Halogen compatibility & output
2. Any local dealer recommendation for Gurgaon

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!
I would suggest go for LEDs for the fog lamps (anything from Osram/ Blaupunkt, etc) over 50 watts brightness.

For the headlights only upgrade the high beams to above LEDs around 50 watt.

The dealership would often claim loss of warranty but it can be contested if this is only plug & play & no wire cutting.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks