Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2024, 17:58   #2806
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Hi folks!, I have a query related to Tata Safari 2022 model. It's a repeat issue which never got rectified.

1. The issue popped first time when I went over a slight depression at 60kph(random dips formed on roads due to poor construction/heavy vehicles. These are not potholes). I heard a thud sound from right suspension like suspension bottoming out.

2. This sound occurs also when I go over dips/slight raises at the beginning of a bridge.

PPS Guindy replaced right suspension under warranty. 22k run vehicle getting suspension replaced is alarming. After replacement the sound was no more. But wasn't convinced with ride. When I had bought it new the ride was rock solid at speeds on any kind of surface. That's not the case now.

3. Now, during recent trips car showed lot of side to side movements which caused nausea to passengers, to an extent even to me while driving.

Probable cause as per my research is faulty anti-sway bar/sway bar links. I have scheduled some time with PPS Chrompet to look at the issue. Any pointers about this issue from respected members would help. Also will it be ok to drive the car on highways with this issue as I have trip planned to Banglaore this week.
Old 22nd May 2024, 12:55   #2807

Hi,
I own a Safari XZA+ 2021 model. Recently I installed a dashcam in my vehicle. I connected the dashcam to front USB port . I observed that the dashcam is on even when the car is shut down and locked. Does the front USB port supply continuous power even when the car is shut ? I checked even connecting a mobile phone and it was charging even when the car was shut.

Also i observed a strange thing. If i connect the dashcam to USB ports via a extension cable then for a moment the dashcam powers on then it shuts down. This is true for front USB or any other USB port including the 12 V socket . I tried with multiple extension cables but the result is the same. Any thoughts on it pls.
Old 28th May 2024, 10:27   #2808

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandharjc View Post
Yup. Higher variants of the Safari (XZ included) have bi-xenon projectors.
My Harrier has halogen high beams that I swapped out with Phillips Racingvision (also halogen but MUCH better)
Hi Can you dm me the dealer?
Old 10th June 2024, 19:57   #2809
BHPian

Hello Folks,

Its after many days, I am facing a niggle - electronics related (infotainment to be precise). Thought of sharing here just in case any of you have faced or can guide me to a solution.

For context:
Model - Safari XZA+ Adventure, 9700 Kms driven, July 2023 Mfg and Aug 2023 Regd. Last service was 2nd free service at 6 months in Feb 1st Week and software was updated then with latest version at that time - I don't have version number handy. But it had been working fine until this issue came up.

Problem:
For last 2 days I have been experiencing this weird issue that I can't move to the next song using next track button on steering. Note that I can still move to previous track using the previous track button on steering. I use Saavn via Andriod Auto. Initially thought it to be a hardware issue with button but realized I could not change track from screen either. Same behaviour from screen - for next track (>) only. Every time I try from steering or from screen, I am getting a error prompt kind of tone on speakers. Similarly I am not able to switch radio stations as well from steering buttons, didn't check from screen though. I had faced this issue few days back also, but a reset resolved the matter then. Also, there was no error prompt sound then.

I have tried both hard reset from steering buttons as well as from screen multiple times but issue persists.

Anyone else has faced this? Any pointers to resolve? Or would I need to make a trip to the service center?

Just an additional question - the infotainment software remains pretty unchanged after TASS does updates. Neither do we load anything new on it unlike computers? So, why does these infotainments systems suddenly get buggy and sluggish over the time? Is it just that their performance degrades after a time and need a refresh or a reload periodically? Would love to understand this as this is different from computers which undergoes lot of changes from the user in terms of apps, files, data etc.

TIA
Rodie09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 10:53   #2810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
Problem:
For last 2 days I have been experiencing this weird issue that I can't move to the next song using next track button on steering. Note that I can still move to previous track using the previous track button on steering.
The restart/reset options from the infotainment has resolved any problems related to steering wheel controls and infotainment screen for me. Although I have not faced more than 2 issues in my 1st year of ownership, just that spanner sign and the blinking oil pressure gauge in MID which my service advisor says is for service reminder for both the signs.
I own a XZA+ Adventure Edition with 32k+ kms on the odometer now, absolutely love it for the price and features set I got around a year back. Attaching a picture for reference of the new model with the obvious niggles.

2021 Tata Safari Review-rj33-tt-s.jpg

Also I recently drove a MY24 Tata Harrier Dark (bought by a close friend), the steering wheel feel makes the car much more desirable and light. Plus I feel Tata has changed the car mechanically to some extent because the engine NVH was next to zero and with the new displays add to the feel good factor. But surely it comes with a price too, my friend's Harrier diesel manual fearless+ dark had a price tag of above 29L and after slight negotiations he got it for around 28.80 whereas my car I got it for 27L and that too a Safari, definitely a steep price increase in a year.

2021 Tata Safari Review-new-tt-h.jpg
kartik_2502 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 15:55   #2811
BHPian

Thanks Kartik for your response. I found the reason for my issue and I'd share here so others can benefit if they face same. It was pretty dumb actually - the limitation to skip song was from Saavn app as it allows only 5 skips in an hour on the free version. So matter solved and happy it was not really a niggle. My smooth experience with Safari continues.

As for the comparison you have drawn with new Safari, I think a lot has been added for that additional money and I have heard there is not much price diff left in reality between Safari and Harrier. To begin with you get 5 star rated safety, EPS, Powered Tailgate (It's a pain in pre face lift), 19 inchers and a lot more.

Having said that I am not complaining as my Aug 2023 XZA+ Adventure came pretty sorted from niggles perspective and has pretty much everything that one would need. And I am in love with the HPS unit. I got the desired combo of interiors and exterior in Adventure edition - not sure if that is doable in new one. So, overall I am very satisfied - nearing 10 K in 10 months. Would want to post a detailed ownership review at 10 K in some days from now.

Forgot to add, on that rear view of new Safari you shared, honestly I feel they ruined the taillights. Pre facelift were quite classy. Cannot be said same for the front though - new one does look smarter, tighter and more modern. Of course, barring the connected lights both rear and front. But then, looks are always subjective.

Last edited by Rodie09 : 12th June 2024 at 15:58.
Rodie09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 15:37   #2812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
Any idea what an amber colored spanner on top right (see image) indicate in pre-facelift Safari?

Attachment 2602227

I thought it might be service reminder. Could not find an option to clear it, so did a factory reset. Then it went away only to reappear on next engine start.
I have hit this today. Had just crossed the 10 k mark on odo a day back and today this showed. It is 11th month running for the car so I don't know why service reminder should crop up - its neither 15k on odo, nor an year even if I consider mfg date. Mine is a 2023 July manufactured and August registered car.

Does this require me to go to service center really? I hate that
Old 20th June 2024, 18:24   #2813
BHPian

Quote:
I have just learned to live with that amber spanner... Will fix it only during the next service.
mayuresh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 10:41   #2814
BHPian

Quote:
I have hit this today. Had just crossed the 10 k mark on odo a day back and today this showed. It is 11th month running for the car so I don't know why service reminder should crop up - its neither 15k on odo, nor an year even if I consider mfg date. Mine is a 2023 July manufactured and August registered car.

Update: I called up the service center to check how to clear the service reminder icon (Amber Spanner) and whether I need to visit them. SA advised that it can be cleared from Steering menu navigation buttons on right side. And yes, it worked as per below path:
Settings> Service reminder> clear service reminder. It was something similar to that and was pretty easy.

However, the spanner showed up again the next day. And this time I don't see the option in settings menu. Weird. For now, I am just living with it.
Old 26th June 2024, 10:54   #2815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update: I called up the service center to check how to clear the service reminder icon (Amber Spanner) and whether I need to visit them. SA advised that it can be cleared from Steering menu navigation buttons on right side. And yes, it worked as per below path:
Settings> Service reminder> clear service reminder. It was something similar to that and was pretty easy.

However, the spanner showed up again the next day. And this time I don't see the option in settings menu. Weird. For now, I am just living with it.
May be the new software update has the option for Service Reminder under settings, but in my car it is not available. I haven't updated the software as I have a stable version and I don't want to break something which is working as expected.

Do you mind posting some snaps of the options you are talking about?

Also, for me they had to flash the software to remove the service symbol aka spanner icon. I had posted the same on my ownership review as well.
Old 5th July 2024, 15:09   #2816

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
Has anyone received calls for a fuel pump recall from TATA ? I own a APR 2023 manufactured vehicle and was asked to visit the nearest service center.

I could see that the recall is already being discussed on the Harrier Ownership thread.
I looked up the forum for anyone else posting about issues with the fuel pump. I have a July 2021 XZA+(~40K on the ODO) . 3 weeks back the high pressure diesel pump failed. This was on a highway and I had the smell of diesel inside the cabin and power assist from the steering stop as well. Pulled over and at that timer there was smoke from the hood(scary). Had the car towed to the service center. The entire fuel system( 2 pumps, hoses and injectors) are being changed along with the timing belt(looks like this was damaged by the diesel that leaked.

BTW the After Sales Service is as bad as it can get. Took them over 2 weeks to get the approval for covering this under the extended warranty and source the parts and during this time, there were no clear updates on the issues nor proper response. This is my 6th visit to the service center and 4 times I had to escalate to get work done on right.

PS: for towing the vehicle, the electronic parking brake need to be released. Tata RSA had no clue on how to do it and kept asking me whether I was able to disengage the parking brake. I then called a local tow truck and spoke to the service center. Apparently the only way the electronic parking brake can be disengaged is by moving the start switch to the IGN position and then releasing the brake. The car need to be left in IGN with the battery connected as the brake auto engages if the IGN is turned off.
Old 5th July 2024, 15:49   #2817
BHPian

As I said earlier, strangely that option isn't showing now . Seems like one can reset this only once from driver controls. Pretty odd.

On unrelated note, can someone tell me at what level of def the low level warning comes up and how far can you drive with that?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks