Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2024, 18:13   #2791
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYBOYSID View Post
Guess your problem would have been sorted by now. I experienced similar trouble in my safari recently. The drive mode control and traction control errors were flashed with the three lights on. Eco and sports mode were disabled. Two DPF Regen cycles at the ASC and all was good.
For cars like mine, usually doing 30-40 Kmph 3 km zero traffic drives twice a day DPF regen is a pain. Thats why at the slightest opportunity I move to the highway and make it munch a few miles.
Gurus please advise:
Hey @FLYBOYSID,

Not sure if my suggestion can be or should be considered as a proper solution but I think best is to take your beast out on the highway (with family if they enjoy) for a 20-30 km run every few (3?) days. Me and my family are in love with the vehicle now and even after 9 months of ownership, their craze for night drives in this amazing vehicle never ends. So, we just keep looking for excuses

Keeps both the car and the family happy!

PS: They hated being in my Verna earlier due to low seating, claustrophobic interiors and soft suspension causing motion sickness but now they are turning into petrolheads...errrr...dieselheads . I must add that Sunroof is no gimick, it does help people with motion sickness and claustrophobia in cars.
Rodie09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2024, 00:12   #2792
BHPian

Quote:
... Two DPF Regen cycles at the ASC and all was good....

...I shift to manual mode n drive on first gear at 31-32 kmph to my office. About 3-4 km like this makes the warning go away...

Yes, that's exactly what they said was done for mine as well. Two cycles were needed to clear the lights.

I did try the manual for about 30 mins at 2-3K rpm in a midnight drive. It didn't work as mine must have had more soot I guess.
NoLurkerForLong is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 13:13   #2793
BHPian

Any idea what an amber colored spanner on top right (see image) indicate in pre-facelift Safari?

2021 Tata Safari Review-spanner.jpg

I thought it might be service reminder. Could not find an option to clear it, so did a factory reset. Then it went away only to reappear on next engine start.
Old 3rd May 2024, 14:37   #2794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
Any idea what an amber colored spanner on top right (see image) indicate in pre-facelift Safari?

Attachment 2602227

I thought it might be service reminder. Could not find an option to clear it, so did a factory reset. Then it went away only to reappear on next engine start.
Yes, it is the service reminder. In the mid facelift, there is no option to remove the reminder through infotainment. It has to be removed by the service center folks, but connecting the laptop and flashing the ECU.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2024, 13:41   #2795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
Hello Friends,

I had (rather still having) a very weird experience today with iRA app. Firstly, let me tell you that I normally do not use any of the connected features, even though I am on my first year free subscription. I am not really much into it and never explored either.

Any pointers on Geofence? I have become skeptical of its working when there is a real need.
Some further update on this issue. It seems every time I cross the area near to the TASS service centre at Narhe, I start getting the GeoFence breach notifications. I had a Pune-Goa-Pune trip over a span of 4 days and crossed this area both ways and as expected, the notifications were there every 10 mins. Last time I had turned Geo Fence off, but still I got these.

Problems around this issue:

1. False alarms and I cant see in iRA app to set this right. I had turned Geo Fence off last time. Please help if anyone knows.

2. These notifcations remain silent even when I am driving the car through out. There should be an override even if my phone is in silent or DND mode. Car theft alert should override all settings. Isn't it?

3. With the buggy software, I am really concerned if Geo Fence would really work properly when actually needed.

Any pointers from the Gurus here will help.

Thanks!
Old 6th May 2024, 05:24   #2796
BHPian

Finally took the plunge and added Ceratec in my Safari. I had a good experience in my Ciaz and Kwid. Fingers crossed this time. Added at 12900 plus km on odo, about 100 km after the third service. Will update in due course if there is any positive.
Old 6th May 2024, 12:14   #2797
BHPian

Quote:
Finally took the plunge and added Ceratec in my Safari. I had a good experience in my Ciaz and Kwid. Fingers crossed this time. Added at 12900 plus km on odo, about 100 km after the third service. Will update in due course if there is any positive.
Would there be no warranty issues with this addition? Not sure if the gain is worth risking the warranty. Hope you did due diligence.
Old 6th May 2024, 12:18   #2798
BHPian

Quote:
Would there be no warranty issues with this addition? Not sure if the gain is worth risking the warranty. Hope you did due diligence.
Well thought over it for a while before I took the plunge. If it goes as per my previous experience with this stuff, I don’t see how it can harm my engine. Rest will update as time n miles pass by. Fingers crossed.
FLYBOYSID is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 01:57   #2799
BHPian

Another update at 45k service.

There was a TAK TAK sound coming from the AC on starting the car. SA said that it was due to flap motor which diverts the air to different ports. And it needed replacement, which was not covered under warranty. I called the regional manager and he said that they will do it under good will warranty.

Although I am satisfied with their services, I am very displeased with the build quality of the car. This is the Nth number of part replaced under warranty. I am worried about the time when the warranty would be over. TATA needs to improve the quality of parts.
Old 17th May 2024, 06:14   #2800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Update on the wireless charger:

I had decided to take a chance and order the wireless charger after seeing the below video

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=tZoZ3czHWp0

I bought it from the below link:

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got the charger delivered today and it fits perfectly in the space provided. The usb, i have plugged into the usb port behind the armrest.

Attachment 2310469

Will use it over the next few days to see how good/bad the wireless charging is. Shall update this thread.
I have bookmarked the original.charger which costs 11k and makes no sense except it's snug fit.

One curious question why not levrage the Front usb itself.
Old 17th May 2024, 09:01   #2801
BHPian

Guys,

Is there a microphone mute button anywhere? Didn't need the much on phone calls but have attended a few Teams calls where I was not able to find how to mute the microphone from Steering Controls. I had this on my Verna and is very essential actually. It is very difficult to handle group phone calls or Teams call via bluetooth if I cannot mute the microphone.

Can anyone please point out? Am I really missing something which is there on the controls?

Just for context I own a 2023 pre-facelift Safari XZA+.

Thanks!
Old 17th May 2024, 16:03   #2802
BHPian

No answers? Tough to beleive microphone cannot be muted on such a tech loaded car.
Old 17th May 2024, 17:27   #2803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Is there a microphone mute button anywhere? Didn't need the much on phone calls but have attended a few Teams calls where I was not able to find how to mute the microphone from Steering Controls. I had this on my Verna and is very essential actually. It is very difficult to handle group phone calls or Teams call via bluetooth if I cannot mute the microphone.

Can anyone please point out? Am I really missing something which is there on the controls?

Just for context I own a 2023 pre-facelift Safari XZA+.

Thanks!
Pressing the volume button on the screen does the same without disconnecting the call. One on the steering disconnects the call.

I too have a XZA+.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 21:44   #2804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Pressing the volume button on the screen does the same without disconnecting the call. One on the steering disconnects the call.

I too have a XZA+.
Thanks @CARDEEP!! You are not talking about muting the incoming audio, right? I was looking for the microphone muting. I will try your suggestion but even if that works it is far from ideal to reach out to screen every time you want to mute yourself. Over group calls or office calls one needs to frequently mute unmute and if this is not available in Safari, it feels quite a miss to me specially coming fro m a decade old fluidic Verna that had it. It's quite a nifty feature.
Old 19th May 2024, 19:13   #2805

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Hi all,
Having completed around 24000 kms so far, I have found these two modifications or rather essentials to be the best value for money for increasing the ownership and driving pleasure. My only regret is that I did not do this earlier.
1) EBC brake fluid.

Attachment 2295289

To me, its the best thing that you can get for your vehicle and more so for the safari. The braking is very progressive and predictable now. With the OE brake fluid, I always had to brake early or drive very defensively. Now, I feel more in control of the vehicle. The difference is felt even more in highways. It costs a bomb at Rs. 3400/litre but when safety is involved, I decided to bite the bullet and go for it. Best decision IMO.

2) Door Sound proofing.
Attachment 2295290

I decided to upgrade my audio system with enhanced speakers, 4 channel Amp and an underseat sub woofer. My installer suggested that I go for sound proofing the door both inside and outside for a better sound clarity. He insisted that I try it once and after 2000 kms, no regrets. The cabin is super silent now and the wind noise from the side windows is more audible than the engine and the road noise. Now I feel that I'm driving a car which is worthy of 21 lacs.
So, folks try it and you wont regret it. Will keep you updated with future additions.
Hi Neil,

Thank you for sharing your experience.
You are correct, I also feel that brakes on my safari (XZ+) 2023 does not give confidence.
Please suggest where can I get EBC brake fluid for my car, also advise if this has any impact on the warranty, my car has run 11000 kms only so far.

Share your experience of living with it for 2 years now, did you get chance to check if it compatible with the oil seals inside the brake system \ ABS unit like other BHPian highlighted.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks