Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2023, 07:40   #2611
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Guys,
I went for an airport pick last night and noticed something unusual with respect to instrumentation lighting.
1. No backlight on any of the window switches
2. No backlight on the parking brake and auto hold buttons
3. No backlight on the physical buttons below the screen including the hazard button, fog lamp buttons (when not turned on), fan speed buttons etc.
4. No backlight on any of steering controls. Really?

My model XZA+ Adventure 2023.
I am pretty sure that this was not the case earlier. Or is it really that I never noticed these in my 3 week ownership so far? That would be very strange either way.
How on earth the Hazard button can be without backlight.

I am getting so anxious if these are really missing on this 28lac rupee car.
Rodie09 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 08:19   #2612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmGroot View Post
I had checked with service advisor and was told that TPMS temperature feature was removed since it was not accurate. I think the hardware is still present and they have just disabled it from display.
Even the TPMS sensor doesnt seems to be working very well. I got Nitrogen filled up twice upto 35 psi, but the display never showed beyond 32
Old 27th August 2023, 10:44   #2613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
No need to panic. These are very much backlit and are controlled by auto headlamp setting/sensor. Try to toggle settings and visit SVC if you still can't get them to turn on.
r24x7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 14:12   #2614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
Has anyone received calls for a fuel pump recall from TATA ? I own a APR 2023 manufactured vehicle and was asked to visit the nearest service center.

I could see that the recall is already being discussed on the Harrier Ownership thread.
When the service call mentioned recall was for HP pump for fuel.. something , I assumed it was for high pressure fuel pump. It was actually hydraulic pump assembly auto tensioner adjustment. I have given details of it in my previous post.
Old 30th August 2023, 09:59   #2615
BHPian

Hello friends.
I’m searching for retractable Sun blinds for my Safari. Any recommendations for good brands around western suburbs of Mumbai.
Old 31st August 2023, 16:39   #2616
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
I went for an airport pick last night and noticed something unusual with respect to instrumentation lighting.
1. No backlight on any of the window switches
2. No backlight on the parking brake and auto hold buttons
3. No backlight on the physical buttons below the screen including the hazard button, fog lamp buttons (when not turned on), fan speed buttons etc.
4. No backlight on any of steering controls. Really?

My model XZA+ Adventure 2023.
I am pretty sure that this was not the case earlier. Or is it really that I never noticed these in my 3 week ownership so far? That would be very strange either way.
How on earth the Hazard button can be without backlight.

Well, I could not manage a SVC trip due to tight schedule. But this morning magic happened , voila! All backlights restored in full glory.

It's quite amusing to see the car has auto heal properties - hope it remains so.
Rodie09 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 19:41   #2617
BHPian

Looking at the features mentioned in the Safari brochure, these caught my attention for XZA+

1. Driver Doze-off Alert - Is there a simple way to test if this works? Will it work if I act to be drowsy in stationary vehicle. I will give it a try.

2 and 3 - After Impact Braking, Panic Brake Alert - These and many other safety features are difficult to test of course, just like air bags but they are new to me and found them
interesting. We got to trust TATA on that.

4. Brake Disc wipe - Is this something that can be verified? Sorry if that's a really stupid thing to ask but just making sure all is working as it should and I can raise issue well in time if I have to.
Old 14th September 2023, 23:06   #2618
BHPian

I have a xza+o red dark edition. Just bought it a week ago.

Android auto and FM were working fine till today morning. However, since mornjng , it shows media playing on the screen ( like a song being played on Spotify or FM channel). However, sound of same doesn't come through the speaker. Speakers are in working condition because they are playing chimes for ADAS related alerts( proximity warning, blind zones warnings etc) and also relaying google map instructions. I am able to make and reciever phone calls. Its just that any media sound is not coming.

I was playing with controls today. I am not sure if i have accidently activated some setting or is it a niggle.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 14th September 2023, 23:39   #2619
BHPian

Quote:
Looking at the features mentioned in the Safari brochure, these caught my attention for XZA+

1. Driver Doze-off Alert - Is there a simple way to test if this works? Will it work if I act to be drowsy in stationary vehicle. I will give it a try.

4. Brake Disc wipe - Is this something that can be verified? Sorry if that's a really stupid thing to ask but just making sure all is working as it should and I can raise issue well in time if I have to.
Haha the first one got me as far as I know it's more of sensors calculating difference in driving pattern. For eg if car sense that driver isn't fully alert maybe by detecting absense of any control input or car swaying in one direction then it might alert.
If the car is stationary and parked at a safe place by all means you can catch a quick nap.

Brake disc wipe is essential in maintaining braking capabilities by avoiding brake fade. I have driven my Harrier quite a lot in rains and at no point I felt that brakes are loosing capabilities so I guess it might be working.
BleueNinja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 11:15   #2620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RashmiRathi View Post
I have a xza+o red dark edition. Just bought it a week ago.

Android auto and FM were working fine till today morning. However, since mornjng , it shows media playing on the screen ( like a song being played on Spotify or FM channel). However, sound of same doesn't come through the speaker. Speakers are in working condition because they are playing chimes for ADAS related alerts( proximity warning, blind zones warnings etc) and also relaying google map instructions. I am able to make and reciever phone calls. Its just that any media sound is not coming.

I was playing with controls today. I am not sure if i have accidently activated some setting or is it a niggle.

Any help would be appreciated.
Turn off the car, lock it and let it be for 10-15 mins. Try after that and it should magically start working. Also, make sure you let the system boot completely before you start the car. This ensures the system works as expected most of the times.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 14:24   #2621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Turn off the car, lock it and let it be for 10-15 mins. Try after that and it should magically start working. Also, make sure you let the system boot completely before you start the car. This ensures the system works as expected most of the times.
Thanks for the reply.

I tried exactly that but it didn't work.

Took it to a nearby Tata Motors center. The technician also couldn't figure out the reason.

Then he did a factory reset and it started working again.

Looks like a software glicht.
Old 15th September 2023, 14:52   #2622
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

Took it to a nearby Tata Motors center. The technician also couldn't figure out the reason.

Congrats on your new car! Good to hear sound system is back again working. Hope you know the forced reset for infotainment system? That also solves many a glitches and looks like will be used fairly frequently during the life of the vehicle.

This is how it's done:

15 sec long press of mute button (left bottom) followed by 15 sec long press of source button (left middle)

Enjoy your new ride!
Rodie09 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 16:17   #2623
BHPian

I am considering purchasing of Tata Safari.

6 monthly servicing schedule appears to be one of the deal breakers.

Some websites term alternate servicings of Safari (4th, 6th, 8th etc) as "minor".

Can any owner who has undergone 4 or more servicings confirm whether it was indeed minor and quick enough, its cost etc?
Old 15th September 2023, 18:02   #2624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, sometimes the last resort would be to disconnect the battery and let it be for 10-15 mins to do a complete reset.

Did the technician do it via his laptop or disconnected the battery and reset?
Old 15th September 2023, 19:42   #2625
BHPian

Hey All,

As an owner of a recently purchased Safari, I'd be really interested in forming a close group of Safari owner members in my city. I am sure many of us here would also want the same. Perhaps there is a group already and I can join them on whatever platform they are.

I hope this is appropriate to put on the forum - I did read the rules again but still if mods feel they may delete the post.

If this is okay, Pune New Safari owners can DM me and I can make a group.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks