Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2022, 23:23   #1846
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandytimes View Post
Thank you for such a wealth of information on the Tata Safari. It's been a truly enriching experience. I plan to buy the Tata Safari and cannot seem to decide between the Adventure Persona, the Black Gold and the Dark Edition.
Would really appreciate a little help from you..
Hey,

Welcome to the group!

I don't think we have a perfect answer to this question. All these options are great in different aspects and whatever your heart suggests, should be your choice.

If I had to choose from these options, I would have gone for adventure edition. Key reason being its interior colour theme. I think its the most easily maintainable out of all. Though I ended up buying XZA in OW as sunroof was a big NO for me.

All the best!
Old 13th February 2022, 23:30   #1847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I have sent them an email and I think you're right. I will call the dealer on monday to tell them I need another car or I'm cancelling my booking.
Try reaching out through twitter (tata motors official account). In my experience, it is the fastest route to get queries addressed or answered.

Based on my experience the AC should have worked. I did PDI of my 2022 XZA on same day of its arrival and thankfully everything worked as expected including AC. I don’t think they enable anything after or during PDI.
vikas2211 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 09:48   #1848

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
I got Aozoom h7 Led bulb ( 130 W approx output range ) and the light output is far better then the philips oem bulbs. I am planning to get aozoom fog bi-projector or xpmicro fog bi-projector as well in coming days.
Hello. Can you share some pics? Also costs. Did you need to remove the bumper to change the bulbs or via the wheel arch attachment?

Some people I spoke to said the bumper needs to be removed.

Thanks.
Old 14th February 2022, 10:37   #1849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas2211 View Post
Hey,

Welcome to the group!

I don't think we have a perfect answer to this question. All these options are great in different aspects and whatever your heart suggests, should be your choice.

If I had to choose from these options, I would have gone for adventure edition. Key reason being its interior colour theme. I think its the most easily maintainable out of all. Though I ended up buying XZA in OW as sunroof was a big NO for me.

All the best!
Really appreciate the response Vikas2211!
Old 14th February 2022, 13:13   #1850
BHPian

Just got a confirmation that my car is allocated now. I had booked dark edition XZA+ 7Str on 1 feb.
I have checked from the VIN, it is a Feb manufactured one.

Dealer tells me i can expect delivery within a week.

Last edited by revved_up : 14th February 2022 at 13:17.
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 13:15   #1851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas2211 View Post
Based on my experience the AC should have worked. I did PDI of my 2022 XZA on same day of its arrival and thankfully everything worked as expected including AC. I don’t think they enable anything after or during PDI.
Thank you so much for sharing this. It's with a heavy heart that I'm cancelling the booking but it's obvious to me now that the car has come defective from the factory. I believe Tata should really work on their quality control because I have lost all faith in the brand and will be looking for another car. If they had spent just an extra hour to ensure that everything is working in the car, they wouldn't have lost a customer.
Cresterk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 13:16   #1852
Senior - BHPian

Saw this crashed Safari at a PS in Bangalore.

2021 Tata Safari Review-screenshot_20220214131530_gallery.jpg

2021 Tata Safari Review-screenshot_20220214131522_gallery.jpg
arun1100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 13:54   #1853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Thank you so much for sharing this. It's with a heavy heart that I'm cancelling the booking but it's obvious to me now that the car has come defective from the factory.
Oh! So sad to see this. I too am awaiting delivery of my Safari, can you tell me which dealer is this?

On another note, I happened to stumble upon this video. I guess he has taken it a bit too far, but seeing such issues in a new car will make one freak out! Pardon BHP-ians who don’t follow malayalam.

NotanF1driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 14:59   #1854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post
On another note, I happened to stumble upon this video. I guess he has taken it a bit too far, but seeing such issues in a new car will make one freak out! Pardon BHP-ians who don’t follow malayalam.

https://Youtu.be/XpJdemxpv6s
For folks like me who don't know malayalam, it would help if you could give a summary of the issues that are highlighted here.
Old 14th February 2022, 15:28   #1855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
For folks like me who don't know malayalam, it would help if you could give a summary of the issues that are highlighted here.
This dude was driving around in his car and experienced a loss of power. He said the car was not responding (not sure if he could not get the car to “D” or if he could not crank up the engine). Later, he was able to drive in manual mode and could only take the car to 40kmph despite flooring the throttle (who on earth would do that to a car with warning lights on). He also claims that the engine now sounds like a truck. Clearly, he is totally ignorant about cars and was not even able to tell which warning lights have come up.

He is too agitated in this video and speaks really rudely to the service centre team. The video is live on YouTube, for some reason this guy has disabled video playback on other websites.
NotanF1driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 15:51   #1856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post
was not even able to tell which warning lights have come up.
The 3 lit warning lights are the below:-

Malfunction
Indication Lamp
(MIL)
Amber
1. This lamp comes on when ignition is switched ‘ON’. Once engine is
started, it turns ‘OFF’.
2. It remains ‘ON’ for any engine related fault that may increase emission levels of the vehicle beyond the regulatory norms. Contact the
TATA MOTORS Authorised Service Centre for rectification.

Check Engine Lamp Amber
1. This lamp comes on when ignition is switched ‘ON’. Once engine
is started, it turns ‘OFF’.
2. This lamp comes on continuously if a fault arises in Engine Management System. Contact the TATA MOTORS authorized service
centre.

TPMS
(If applicable) Amber
To give tire low pressure, high pressure, high temperature & pressure
leakage warnings to user

Looks like the engine management system has a fault i.e ECU. If it were me I would call emergency assistance rather than risking further damage to the car by attempting to drive a car that has been damaged. He also mentions a transmission warning he got.
nainan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 16:07   #1857

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandytimes View Post
I plan to buy the Tata Safari and cannot seem to decide between the Adventure Persona, the Black Gold and the Dark Edition..
I went ahead with Dark edition for dark interior (hence hopefully easier to maintain inside), dark exterior looks great but could be harder to maintain. Like others pointed out, it will boil down to you personal preferences and choices.

On a other note, yesterday had been able to take my #dark for short drive of about 150kms through highway and at times bumper to bumper traffic. Got quickly comfortable with size of vehicle. Also noticed a speed limit warning indicator flashing on dashboard every time I crossed 80kmph. Not sure if it can be turned off but found it certain useful.
Old 14th February 2022, 16:16   #1858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainan View Post
The 3 lit warning lights are the below

Looks like the engine management system has a fault i.e ECU. If it were me I would call emergency assistance rather than risking further damage to the car by attempting to drive a car that has been damaged. He also mentions a transmission warning he got.
Exactly my thoughts.

Adding a screen shot from the video for easy reference.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-519a433a6f5f4fbfb0caa186494fc06e.jpeg  

Old 14th February 2022, 16:17   #1859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyapj View Post
I went ahead with Dark edition for dark interior (hence hopefully easier to maintain inside), dark exterior looks great but could be harder to maintain. Like others pointed out, it will boil down to you personal preferences and choices.

On a other note, yesterday had been able to take my #dark for short drive of about 150kms through highway and at times bumper to bumper traffic. Got quickly comfortable with size of vehicle. Also noticed a speed limit warning indicator flashing on dashboard every time I crossed 80kmph. Not sure if it can be turned off but found it certain useful.
Thanks ever so much! I do read about the gorgeous looks of the Dark Edition. Unfortunately, haven't been able to see it yet. Am located in Bangalore. Key Motors says over the last one month, they have not had a dark Edition to show me!
Old 14th February 2022, 21:53   #1860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Turbo View Post
Hello. Can you share some pics? Also costs. Did you need to remove the bumper to change the bulbs or via the wheel arch attachment?

Some people I spoke to said the bumper needs to be removed.

Thanks.
There is no need to remove the bumper, DRLs needs to be removed as fitting from wheel arch is very tough.

Latest update on my safari - low beam OEM projector has been replaced now with d2s bi xenon projector ( xenon planet) via AutoBots Gurgaon.

Light output is now bloody kickass, i have the same setup of d2s in my 2018 ecosport.
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks