Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2022, 22:12   #1756
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.U View Post
7 seater variants to also get ventilated 2nd row!!
Am afraid that's not the case. See the '*' mark on the ad; it is only in the 6 seater variants still. The exception being now all the XZ*+ variants, besides gold and dark, would get it.

Quite ambiguous wording on the ad IMO!
Old 28th January 2022, 22:12   #1757
Senior - BHPian

Good News that all XZA+ variants have come with Ventilated seats.
I am waiting for this to retrofit it in my adventure XZA+.
Hope TATA service will be coming up with some plans, otherwise i need to collect all required parts to do this installation. let's start calling service people for the possibilities.
Finger Crossed....
aks_karthik is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 00:50   #1758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Are they offering any discounts on dark edition? I am being quoted max 10K discount here in Delhi.
Thats the same amount I got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.U View Post
7 seater variants to also get ventilated 2nd row!!

That would be amazing. If this is true, I wonder if the middle passenger in the 2nd row gets ventilation or not? And how do they manage the folding mechanism with the ventilation?

Looks closely at the fine print on the bottom. It says rear ventilated seats on 6 seater versions only.
Old 29th January 2022, 07:42   #1759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Am afraid that's not the case. See the '*' mark on the ad; it is only in the 6 seater variants still. The exception being now all the XZ*+ variants, besides gold and dark, would get it.

Quite ambiguous wording on the ad IMO!
Ventilated seats on the 7 seater would be for front seats only. That was how the Gold edition was released. The curious case is its availability in sunroof variants only. Why not in all XZ variants?
Old 29th January 2022, 17:37   #1760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Are they offering any discounts on dark edition? I am being quoted max 10K discount here in Delhi.
I booked from Treo Tata and they matched my insurance quote and gave me a bit more discount than what you mentioned. I haven’t been pushed for any accessories either. A very good sales experience as my car has been allotted and I am done with PDI. I should be able to get my dark beast home next week.

Overall a good deal for me.
Hopefully my ASS experience will be as good.

Last edited by Torque_Cruiser : 29th January 2022 at 17:58. Reason: Error done by me
Torque_Cruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 18:47   #1761
BHPian

My Brother in law just took the delivery of the Tata Safari Dark edition XZA+. The car looks really good in this colour. Sharing some photos of the delivery today
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-86aa2e1e2347497c981786821903a521.jpg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-img_1760.jpg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-img_1759.jpg  

AbhishekMushran is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 21:21   #1762
BHPian

Quote:
Became an owner of this beast a month back.
  • Variant - Adventure persona XZA+
  • Upgrading From - 2015 Hyundai Verna Fluidic
  • Waiting Time - 2 month [Apr-21 booking to Jun-21 delivery]
  • Requirements - Safe, Fun to drive, big enough for family of 5 + a dog
  • Options Considered - Harrier, Hector, Compass, Seltos
  • Selection Trigger - Space on offer, build quality, looks, powertrain
Do you have a small or Medium Dog? I have a Lab and is one of the main reason or perhaps the only reason I am buying Safari instead of Harrier

I have two kids and the younger one will be using Car seat for atleast a few years to come. So I will probably have to move my Lab to last row. With that setup, is it possible to have one seat down for luggage and the other last seat for the pet or will that be too small.

Is there a thread on the forum talking about Pet travelling that someone can point me to.
Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 05:35   #1763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav_7 View Post
Anyone suggest any option for a dash cam? Also for users with XZ and XZ plus models, any options for covering the all white seats with external seat covers? And how do you try and keep the all white interior clean?
Can existing owners please share thoughts on the white interiors. How easy or difficult are they to maintain and clean? I am really worried about this before I book. Do I go for XT and miss out on 6 air bags or go with XZ?
Old 30th January 2022, 08:34   #1764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghP09 View Post
, is it possible to have one seat down for luggage and the other last seat for the pet or will that be too small.
Yes, you can fold one seat and the other one is enough for one occupant. Though I am not sure if Dogs need more space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Cruiser View Post
I booked from Treo Tata and they matched my insurance quote and gave me a bit more discount than what you mentioned. I haven’t been pushed for any accessories either. A very good sales experience as my car has been allotted and I am done with PDI. I should be able to get my dark beast home next week.

Overall a good deal for me.
Hopefully my ASS experience will be as good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Thats the same amount I got.
I am getting total 25k cash discount now. Insurance i am anyways doing from outside, since they wont be able to match the prices i am getting.
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 09:30   #1765
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can existing owners please share thoughts on the white interiors. How easy or difficult are they to maintain and clean?
Will need some effort, and more so with kids and family. This is one of the reasons my nephew is looking at the Adventure instead of his original choice of other variants in the line-up.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 12:20   #1766
BHPian

Tata is adding all these features to woo buyers bit by bit but holding back on THE most important one that would make a lot of fence sitters like me take the plunge is the AWD or 4WD version. How i wish they launch an AWD or 4WD asap 😐
ScorpWarp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 20:03   #1767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Will need some effort, and more so with kids and family. This is one of the reasons my nephew is looking at the Adventure instead of his original choice of other variants in the line-up.
I like the interior color theme of Harrier a lot more than Safari.

Wonder if anyone has tried something like these Airbag friendly car seat covers. May be something worth looking at if white color becomes too difficult to maintain.

https://elegantautoretail.com/produc...at-cover-black

Is replacing the door inserts at all possible if required sometime down the line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandharjc View Post
XMA if you drive more than 80% in the city, else XT isn't bad at all.
Have an XZA Harrier and let me tell you, this thing has an EXCELLENT auto. No fatigue whatsoever in traffic.
Keep us posted
Finally went ahead and booked Safari XZ White. Choice was between XTA plus and XZ and preferred the six airbags over the possible drive comfort. I like driving manual and 90% of my drive is on the Highways. Chandigarh - Panchkula isnn't much of a bumper to bumper traffic either so hopefully manual won't be much of a problem. This is One reason why I don't miss Bangalore much
SinghP09 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 20:35   #1768
BHPian

Quote:

Finally went ahead and booked Safari XZ White. Choice was between XTA plus and XZ and preferred the six airbags over the possible drive comfort. I like driving manual and 90% of my drive is on the Highways. Chandigarh - Panchkula isnn't much of a bumper to bumper traffic either so hopefully manual won't be much of a problem. This is One reason why I don't miss Bangalore much

Congratulations! You're gonna have a very capable car on your hands! Wish you many happy miles ahead.
PS: We also came real close to getting the Safari XZ. An hour before booking, decided to try the XZA Harrier and changed our minds, because of the AT and ease of maintaining darker seats.

But I do miss Safari's rear disc brakes & projector high beams on the Harrier
Old 30th January 2022, 23:47   #1769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpWarp View Post
Tata is adding all these features to woo buyers bit by bit but holding back on THE most important one that would make a lot of fence sitters like me take the plunge is the AWD or 4WD version. How i wish they launch an AWD or 4WD asap 😐
The reasoning from TML for not launching an AWD version was that there is not much demand for the same. Apart from TML’s own Safari(old generation), Hexa and Mahindra’s Thar and XUV5OO, there was no AWD option in the corresponding price segment as far as I know. Thar being in a different category and XUV 5OO being not available in view of XUV 7OO launch, there was no competition. But now that XUV 7OO is launched and available in AWD variant, TML should take a note of it. In my opinion, TML have two options.
  • Wait and watch how many deliveries (not bookings) have been done for the AWD variant of XUV 7OO and take a decision whether there is demand or not.
  • Since the waiting period for XUV 7OO variants are too long, by introducing AWD in Harrier/Safari duo they have an opportunity to get customers who have booked the AWD version and patiently(?) waiting for delivery dates. There are also fence sitters who would take the leap if it’s made available.

I think TML should consider this as a golden opportunity to get more bookings for Harrier/Safari by introducing AWD variant. Even if people don’t have any real use case for having the AWD feature(this is true for many features and not just AWD), when they do the comparison between their shortlisted cars, presence of more features makes it more appealing and hence would lean towards those variants.
Old 31st January 2022, 13:58   #1770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandharjc View Post
But I do miss Safari's rear disc brakes & projector high beams on the Harrier
Safari has high beam projectors? I guess only low beam are HID projectors while high beams are halogen bulbs. Or am i mistaken?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks