Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2022, 10:03   #496
BHPian

Re: Review: BMW 330i (G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Congratulations!! It’s a hoot to drive and you’ll have dollops of fun with it.

A number of us tried to subtly prepare you for the ‘modest’ discounts available now days. I still get worked up when somebody mentions they got their Audi A6 for 18 lacs off and stuff..

Enjoy your ride. She will ensure that you have an ear to ear smile every time you drive her
Thank you. Can you tell me if you why it makes a screeching sound when you turn the wheels when in a standstill or when you go from drive to reverse?
Old 24th October 2022, 11:53   #497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techbro View Post
Thank you. Can you tell me if you why it makes a screeching sound when you turn the wheels when in a standstill or when you go from drive to reverse?
Yes, it does. It’s just tyre noise against the tarmac. Either the noise will go away/minimise when I change the tyres, or you just live with it. I am living happily with it - as this normal behaviour of this car. Plus, need to turn car like this is for me is 0.05 % probably.
Old 24th October 2022, 21:41   #498
Distinguished - BHPian

Ignore. It's a mix of the EPB, fat tyres, damp brakes and the Auto-hold trying to figure out what you want to do.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 16:10   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Ignore. It's a mix of the EPB, fat tyres, damp brakes and the Auto-hold trying to figure out what you want to do.
Ah ok. I want to post pictures but the website is breaking when i upload a picture. Also, can you tell me which maintenance pack should i go for and if should i go with PPF or ceramics? Any particular recommendations on where to get it done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Also, should I not rev above 4k RPM until the first 2k kms?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 25th October 2022 at 18:37. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
Old 27th October 2022, 10:37   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it does. It’s just tyre noise against the tarmac. Either the noise will go away/minimise when I change the tyres, or you just live with it. I am living happily with it - as this normal behaviour of this car. Plus, need to turn car like this is for me is 0.05 % probably.
Got it. I was wondering what kind of service plan should I go for if I plan to keep the car for 4 to 5 years.
Old 27th October 2022, 12:31   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got it. I was wondering what kind of service plan should I go for if I plan to keep the car for 4 to 5 years.
I’ve taken the BSI for 3 years, which is service basic (includes oil change and regular consumables etc.; doesn’t include wear parts - check details once). The BSI cost me about 40ish. The BSI Plus, the higher package was more than double the cost and didn’t feel worth it.

I will take extended warranty when my warranty (at least till 5-6 years) is about to expire but no investments right now.

I’d say go for BSI eyes closed right away but not BSI Plus. Also go for extended warranty till 5-6 years - when, is your choice.
Old 27th October 2022, 14:16   #502
BHPian

Quote:
I’ve taken the BSI for 3 years, which is service basic (includes oil change and regular consumables etc.; doesn’t include wear parts - check details once). The BSI cost me about 40ish. The BSI Plus, the higher package was more than double the cost and didn’t feel worth it.

I will take extended warranty when my warranty (at least till 5-6 years) is about to expire but no investments right now.

I’d say go for BSI eyes closed right away but not BSI Plus. Also go for extended warranty till 5-6 years - when, is your choice.
My SA is suggesting to go with BSI plus for 3 year at 1.1L. My running is less than 10K Kms every year. Should I go with plus or basic? Will my break pads wear off in 3 years?
Old 27th October 2022, 14:26   #503
BHPian

Posting some pics of the delivery
Attached Thumbnails
Review: BMW 330i (G20)-whatsapp-image-20221023-4.08.00-pm.jpeg  

Review: BMW 330i (G20)-whatsapp-image-20221023-4.05.39-pm-2.jpeg  

Review: BMW 330i (G20)-whatsapp-image-20221025-12.06.58-am.jpeg  

Review: BMW 330i (G20)-whatsapp-image-20221025-12.07.00-am.jpeg  

Attached Images

techbro is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 20:07   #504
BHPian

Quote:
My SA is suggesting to go with BSI plus for 3 year at 1.1L. My running is less than 10K Kms every year. Should I go with plus or basic? Will my break pads wear off in 3 years?
My 330i MSport is going to complete 3 years in a few weeks and I got BSI plus for 5 years.. and the rear brake replacement indicator came up promptly at 26k kms. I’d like to think I’m not the most aggressive driver out there
PraveenM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 20:13   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraveenM View Post
My 330i MSport is going to complete 3 years in a few weeks and I got BSI plus for 5 years.. and the rear brake replacement indicator came up promptly at 26k kms. I’d like to think I’m not the most aggressive driver out there
Similarly with me. I drive spiritedly and my rear brakes are due for replacement at 26K km & 2.5 years.

Last edited by itwasntme : 27th October 2022 at 20:16.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 23:07   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations!! The car is stunning, enjoy!
BeMyWings is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 01:19   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Beautiful pics of your car. I didn’t want to break my bank for Li M Sport. If I did, it will have been for this portimao blue color!

I’d stick to the BSI and give BSI Plus a skip. Bimmers are fairly reliable machines, so I think it a a calculated risk to go with basic package.
Old 28th October 2022, 09:02   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations your car looks glorious in this colour.

Skip the bsi plus unless you are very aggressive with your driving!
Old 28th October 2022, 09:20   #509
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Congratulations!

If your running is less, there is no need to go for BSI. Otherwise, also, you have time until the first service to decide. If you don't have other EU cars, the best will be to post your estimate at the time of service here and ask for any suggestions in case of doubts. Also, if you don't get a package, you can opt for 1Ltr oil packs rather than barrels that dealers use under BSI.

What I will suggest to you is to go for 3rd Year BRI (warranty extension) whenever you get a chance. Also, it will be a good idea to get some coating done to keep the car free from the swirl marks.

Were you able to squeeze in any discounts?
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 09:51   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Beautiful pics of your car. I didn’t want to break my bank for Li M Sport. If I did, it will have been for this portimao blue color!

I’d stick to the BSI and give BSI Plus a skip. Bimmers are fairly reliable machines, so I think it a a calculated risk to go with basic package.
Thank you. This is not the li but the regular wheelbase version 330i. This was the last Poritmao blue in the country according to my SA and I kinda believe him because I called in at least 10 dealerships across multiple states asking for this color.

A lot of people in this thread are saying that their brake pads are wearing off within the 3rd year and the BSI plus package comes with brake pads replacement. So im thinking of getting the plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Congratulations!

If your running is less, there is no need to go for BSI. Otherwise, also, you have time until the first service to decide. If you don't have other EU cars, the best will be to post your estimate at the time of service here and ask for any suggestions in case of doubts. Also, if you don't get a package, you can opt for 1Ltr oil packs rather than barrels that dealers use under BSI.

What I will suggest to you is to go for 3rd Year BRI (warranty extension) whenever you get a chance. Also, it will be a good idea to get some coating done to keep the car free from the swirl marks.

Were you able to squeeze in any discounts?
Ok, I will ask my SA about this. My running is less than 10K KM per year. I'm getting PPF this week. Here is the quote for PPF:

330D is 185 Sq ft area.
Eco variant price: 70000
Supreme variant: 80000
Gator variant: 95000

All of the above comes with the following complimentary service:
Alloys Coating
All glasses coating
Engine bay coating
Interior coating

I just got 3L off. Had I gone with white or black color I could have squeezed in 5 to 6L off. My on road price including insurance and registration came to be 52L

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th October 2022 at 13:04. Reason: back to back posts merged
techbro is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks