Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2022, 08:27   #406
BANNED

Re: Review: BMW 330i (G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Is it possible to get a 330i sport at around 40 lakhs in Bangalore? Or am I dreaming ?
You will get it by the end of the year. Note that the 330i M Sport was priced at 46 lakhs a couple of years ago and the inflated prices you see are because of chip shortage and inflation. Now that interest rates are being hiked up, the supply of chips is catching up with demand, and the new facelifted LCI 3 series is being launched this month in the US expect less than 40L ex-showroom prices on the 3 series by festive season.
Old 6th July 2022, 11:47   #407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techbro View Post
...expect less than 40L ex-showroom prices on the 3 series by festive season.
I'd like to be proven wrong but I'd be surprised if this happens. Mid-cycle facelifts are rarely priced lower, and BMW will cite some reason or the other to justify it.

The 3 LCI has a bunch of upgrades like entirely new bumpers, lights and infotainment (iD7 - iD8). I seriously doubt BMW India will price it lower or offer any discounts at all for the first few months.

What MAY happen is offers on the pre-LCI with support from BMW India themselves, and/or from dealers sitting on unsold stock.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 11:50   #408
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I'd like to be proven wrong but I'd be surprised if this happens. Mid-cycle facelifts are rarely priced lower, and BMW will cite some reason or the other to justify it.

The 3 LCI has a bunch of upgrades like entirely new bumpers, lights and infotainment (iD7 - iD8). I seriously doubt BMW India will price it lower or offer any discounts at all for the first few months.

What MAY happen is offers on the pre-LCI with support from BMW India themselves, and/or from dealers sitting on unsold stock.

I meant discounts will be offered on pre LCI and not on the new face-lift. Easy 10L plus discounts.
Old 6th July 2022, 11:58   #409
BHPian

Quote:
I meant discounts will be offered on pre LCI and not on the new face-lift. Easy 10L plus discounts.
Are you in touch with any dealer in Bangalore/Mysore ? Also the 10 lakhs discount prediction is on OTR I assume .
Old 6th July 2022, 12:01   #410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For everyone's sake I hope so. Really wish KA RTOs calculated taxes on the discounted price though. The impact of the discounts gets hit as taxes are always on the MRP listed price.
Old 6th July 2022, 12:16   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Love your spirit, bro. Of course, it's great for all of us buyers if such discounts decide to show up again.

I think the days of F-A-T discounts are gone - at least for the next year or so.
  • Manufacturers have constantly raised prices, without much affect on sales. At lest, they've been able to move all inventory they manufacture. So, no reason for them to give big discounts
  • Dealers have moved to a 'lean inventory' model. In case of MB, it controls the price directly. So, dealers aren't losing money of sitting inventory either
  • While the semi-conductor shortage has become better, the supply chain will take 6 month-1 year to smoothen out (of course, contracts are locked in earlier so some OEMs may be better placed than other but still...)

I think one might still get close or bit more than 5 lacs off on the 3/5 series, given that bhpins are reporting 3 odd lacs off even now. Best of luck for your purchase!

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 6th July 2022 at 12:18.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 15:09   #412
BHPian

Quote:
I'm confused! Are we talking about the Audi A4 or the 330i here!?

Jokes aside, I (a big time discount hunter) frankly believe 10L+ discounts for the Pre-LCI 3 Series is being too optimistic. The car is a top seller for BMW just after the X1 and there's a waiting and also no ready stocks available.

Even during the Festive season/ Year end, one would be lucky to get about 6-7L off, max for the 3 Series.
Honestly, 10L+ discounts for a BMW is impossible in 2022.

For Audi A4/Q5/ etc. very much possible... within the next couple of months maybe! Like, Audi A6 is already being sold with a direct 10L off over a call.
sampadroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 15:55   #413
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post
I'm confused! Are we talking about the Audi A4 or the 330i here!?

Check this article out. There were up to 10L discounts on BMWs during 2018 before the G20 release. If you negotiate hard I know there will be a 10L discount for a 330i M Sport. Just so you are aware, 1 year ago the 330i M sport was a 47 L ex-showroom car. It's because of the supply chain crisis, and high liquidity due to money printing have the brands have jacked up their price. Just wait it out until the mayhem ends and the extra liquidity is out of circulation with rising interest rates and the stock market crash, there will be huge discounts from the retailers on 3 series models as they will be left with unsold stock with pressure to sell them off before the start of next year due to lack of desperate buyers.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...rs-suvs-412788

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th July 2022 at 16:18. Reason: Small correction.
Old 16th July 2022, 12:09   #414
BHPian

There is no particular thread to add this to, but since the one Bimmer thread I have been following closesly is this, I am adding it here.

https://www.motor1.com/news/598533/o...torture-death/

Quote:
Old Lexus And BMW Engines Drained Of Oil, Torture Tested To Death

What we have here is a Japan-versus-Germany showdown for engine durability, conceived by the crew at Carwow. Representing Japan is a 2000 Lexus LS 430, packing a 4.3-liter V8 that once boasted 280 horsepower. Team Germany is carried by a 2001 BMW 735i, wielding a slightly smaller 3.6-liter V8 producing 270 hp. That is, it was rated at 270 hp when new – both cars have clearly lived rough lives so who knows how much power they have at the start of this video.

However, at the end of the video we can deduce with some authority that power output is approximately zero. Both engines are drained of oil, fired up, and kept running until each one expires. The million-dollar question is, which engine dies first? After a round of idling, mid-range revving, and full-throttle brutality against the rev limiter, the Lexus sputters and shuts down in 1 minute, 20 seconds.

Meanwhile, the big Bimmer keeps right on going. It's subjected to the same abuse, but with the Lexus dead, the BMW embarks on some victory laps. For another 6 minutes, the 735 howls a V8 song while throwing dirt rooster tails and spinning donuts until it finally gives up the ghost. It ultimately ran without oil for 7 minutes 34 seconds, far surpassing the Lexus. It's a victory for Germany.
Courtesy : Motor1

Last edited by SR-71 : 16th July 2022 at 12:14.
SR-71 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 10:50   #415

Quote:
Check this article out. There were up to 10L discounts on BMWs during 2018 before the G20 release. If you negotiate hard I know there will be a 10L discount for a 330i M Sport. Just so you are aware, 1 year ago the 330i M sport was a 47 L ex-showroom car. It's because of the supply chain crisis, and high liquidity due to money printing have the brands have jacked up their price. Just wait it out until the mayhem ends and the extra liquidity is out of circulation with rising interest rates and the stock market crash, there will be huge discounts from the retailers on 3 series models as they will be left with unsold stock with pressure to sell them off before the start of next year due to lack of desperate buyers.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...rs-suvs-412788
The discounts in 2018 were high due to the fact that BMW was changing the platform of the 3 series from F30 to G20. Facelifts within the same platform do not generate such high discounts. Prices ave increased as US$ has appreciated more than 5% against the rupee in the last one year. I could be wrong - lets wait and watch.
Old 18th July 2022, 13:05   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Is it possible to get a 330i sport at around 40 lakhs in Bangalore? Or am I dreaming ?
By the time we come to year end, BMW would have done a couple of price hikes. Assuming 1-3% hike both times, and even factoring in an impossible 10L discount, a 40L OTR is impossible.
Old 20th July 2022, 01:11   #417
BHPian

So changed the tyres on my 330i from the stock Bridgestone RFT’s to Michelin Pilot sport 4 and man oh man should have done this on day 1.
The car glides over bad roads and the cornering ability of the car has not been reduced one bit.
I was tired of the harsh ride quality of the stock RFT’s on the bad roads of Gurgaon and in 1 month itself suffered 4 puncture on the same rear tyre which was reason enough to change from RFT’s.
helterskelter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 10:00   #418
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by helterskelter View Post
So changed the tyres on my 330i from the stock Bridgestone RFT’s to Michelin Pilot sport 4 and man oh man should have done this on day 1.
Great to know . At 22K km, I'm also on track for the same change.

If you don't mind me asking:

1. What was the deal you got?
2. Manufacturing date of tyres?
3. Did you get any exchange value for your RFTs?
4. Have you retained one RFT as a spare?
5. Did you get any info about the launch of the PS5?
6. Checked out any other tyres like Ultrac Vorti, Perfinza, CSC5, V105 etc?

Last edited by itwasntme : 20th July 2022 at 10:02.
Old 20th July 2022, 11:16   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Great to know . At 22K km, I'm also on track for the same change.

If you don't mind me asking:

1. What was the deal you got?
2. Manufacturing date of tyres?
3. Did you get any exchange value for your RFTs?
4. Have you retained one RFT as a spare?
5. Did you get any info about the launch of the PS5?
6. Checked out any other tyres like Ultrac Vorti, Perfinza, CSC5, V105 etc?
1) 12500/- per tyre from the authorised Michelin distributor. Didn’t think about checking the manufacturing date!
2) no didn’t get any exchange value. honestly the tyres were in really bad shape with hardly any tread left which is surprising since I had only driven it for 18000 km.
3) now if I think about it, I ideally should have retained 1 tyre as spare but then would have had to keep it at home because there is simply no space in the boot so it defeats the purpose also would have had to buy 1 Alloy wheel. Have the original space saver though.
4) can ask about the PS5. Wasn’t aware about the new launch.
5) no didn’t enquire because most reviews were raving about the pilot sport 4 and the distributor was hardly 3-4 Kms from my place so booked the tyres over the phone and the job was done in 30 minutes.
Hope this helps.
helterskelter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 12:16   #420
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the immediate response . My responses inline:

Quote:
Originally Posted by helterskelter View Post
1) 12500/- per tyre from the authorised Michelin distributor. Didn’t think about checking the manufacturing date!

Not a bad price at all but check the date ASAP!

2) no didn’t get any exchange value. honestly the tyres were in really bad shape with hardly any tread left which is surprising since I had only driven it for 18000 km.

Not surprising. No one in their right mind buys used RFTs in these 17"++ sizes.

3) now if I think about it, I ideally should have retained 1 tyre as spare but then would have had to keep it at home...

I'd have retained the best one in the loft or garage somewhere. Just in case.

4) can ask about the PS5. Wasn’t aware about the new launch.

Hey, no worries. Everyone confident it's not going to launch anytime soon.

5) no didn’t enquire because most reviews were raving about the pilot sport 4s...

Now some pictures please .

Last edited by itwasntme : 20th July 2022 at 12:19.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks