Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2022, 21:45   #391

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Congratulations on the acquisition! Noted the special //M garlands red white and blue theme! Wish you many safe and fun miles with the beast! Which brand of PPF did you go for and what was the cost overall? Did you get any discounts on the OTR price for the car?
Thank you Adi, The //M Garlands were a thing I noticed now

1. The PPF was done at Esperto in Bangalore and I am not sure about the brand they used, since my dad did the negotiations. We ended up paying 1.46 Lakh for full body PPF and Ceramic Coating on the Grille, Headlights, and taillights.
2. Regarding Discounts, we got up to 3.5 Lakh as a discount from Navnit Motors Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMyWings View Post
Congratulations Varun! The car looks stunning, wish you the best!
Thanks a lot, buddy!

Last edited by bblost : 2nd July 2022 at 22:31. Reason: back to back.
Varun Ramesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 23:41   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathm View Post
Yes there is Ambient Lighting, its a set of fixed colours that you can choose from, not like the Mercedes where you can pretty much set it to any colour you want..
Don't think there is ambient lighting in the sport variant. If it is, clearly I cannot find it anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun Ramesh View Post
The PPF was done at Esperto in Bangalore
Super congratulations. The car looks stunning!!
Out of curiosity, can you help me understand your reasoning to go forward with a PPF? I am just curious what is the use case, need etc.

Last edited by Turbanator : 3rd July 2022 at 06:22. Reason: Back to Back posts
Old 4th July 2022, 07:34   #393

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskiratarora15 View Post
Don't think there is ambient lighting in the sport variant. If it is, clearly I cannot find it anywhere.

@jaskiratarora15 - It does. Here is the spec sheet from India for reference. Check the interior equipment section.

https://bmwindia.co.in/brochure-vide...ol-Without.pdf

Quote:
Hi all, brought home a brand new BMW 330i M Sport Dark in Black Sapphire this week and have been thoroughly enjoying it.
Many congratulations on the car! The M style garlands are a nice touch. Happy motoring!

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th July 2022 at 08:13. Reason: Quoted post trimmed, back to back posts merged.
Old 4th July 2022, 12:36   #394
BHPian

Re: Review: BMW 330i (G20)

Quote:
Hi all, brought home a brand new BMW 330i M Sport Dark in Black Sapphire .

Congrats Varun, It looks amazing in black. Happy Riding and please do share more pics and experience as you drive more.
RakishRam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 13:26   #395
Distinguished - BHPian

All you youngsters like jaskirat, varun, sharath, please post your experiences and pictures ASAP.

Cannot pump us elders before purchase, then dangle a few carrots and go into radio silence!
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 16:12   #396

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskiratarora15 View Post
Super congratulations. The car looks stunning!!
Out of curiosity, can you help me understand your reasoning to go forward with a PPF? I am just curious what is the use case, need etc.
Thanks a lot Jaskirat!

Why I chose PPF?

1. Black Paintwork - We owned a Black Hyundai Getz GLE (2007 to 2015) and it was a darling car for my parents while even with my dad's best efforts, it was hard to maintain the car. Scratches from people keying the car, Swirls caused by incorrect cleaning methods and from kids cycling too close to the car, were showing up like black paint on white canvas.

2. Daily Driver - The car will be a daily driver and in Bangalore we never know when a biker or auto will scuff the paintwork by trying to filter in the famous Bangalore traffic and, with the car being a daily, we are forced to park in the open sometimes and that makes the paint vulnerable to bird droppings.

3. Reduced Stress in Maintaining the car - With reduced time to maintain our car, we had appointed a cleaner to wash the car every day and they do not know the two buckets or any of the advanced washing techniques so we thought best to put PPF than to monitor the cleaning procedure every day.

4. No Worries with Stone Chips - With PPF, we aren't worried about stone chips or dust being thrown up by wind or sand flying from trucks. There were a lot of scratches caused because of dust being thrown up from sand lorries and cement lorries on the highways on our previous car (Honda City).

Conclusion - In the end, the reason we spent on PPF was to maintain the original paintwork as much as possible from scratches, bird droppings or stone chips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathm View Post

Many congratulations on the car! The M style garlands are a nice touch. Happy motoring!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RakishRam View Post
Congrats Varun, It looks amazing in black. Happy Riding and please do share more pics and experience as you drive more.
Thanks a lot @sharathm you helped me a lot in narrowing our decision by posting pictures of the car in Black.

Thanks @RakishRam will share the beauty shots I have taken so far and drive experiences soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
All you youngsters like jaskirat, varun, sharath, please post your experiences and pictures
Hahaha so sorry, new car excitement has consumed us for sure

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th July 2022 at 16:48. Reason: Back to back posts
Varun Ramesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 19:39   #397

Quote:
3. Reduced Stress in Maintaining the car - With reduced time to maintain our car, we had appointed a cleaner to wash the car every day and they do not know the two buckets or any of the advanced washing techniques so we thought best to put PPF than to monitor the cleaning procedure every day.
I can totally relate, mine's in the portimao blue shade and is a dust magnet. Scratches tend to show more prominantly as well, 1 impatient wash and you've had it.

Currently takes me 2-3 hrs to properly wash, apply Turtle wax - Ceramic wet wax and dry her up. Does get her shining like new but some swirl marks are inevitable.

Thinking of getting a PPF but, also exploring if a ceramic coat with regular maintenance package can help. Plan to do a Kolkata-Bangalore drive soon, hence, exploring paint protection options.
Old 5th July 2022, 08:02   #398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile View Post
I can totally relate, mine's in the portimao blue shade and is a dust magnet. Scratches tend to show more prominantly as well, 1 impatient wash and you've had it.

Currently takes me 2-3 hrs to properly wash, apply Turtle wax - Ceramic wet wax and dry her up. Does get her shining like new but some swirl marks are inevitable.

Thinking of getting a PPF but, also exploring if a ceramic coat with regular maintenance package can help. Plan to do a Kolkata-Bangalore drive soon, hence, exploring paint protection options.
Portimao Blue is an amazing colour choice. It is a striking colour. Saw it in the showroom and yes, the swirls were visible easily.

You can look at a Hybrid option of PPF and Ceramic Coating. Ceramic would be done throughout the car and the high-impact zones like the front bumper, hood, wing mirrors and pillars would be done in PPF. The cost of this is very economical too.
I spoke with AutoTriz in HRBR Layout(highly recommended; they did PPF and Ceramic coating on my RE Interceptor about 8 months back and it still looks fresh). The quote for the 330i for the Hybrid route was 80-90K and Full Body PPF was 1.6 Lakh (STEK Dynoshield is the PPF they use). If we compare Ceramic with PPF, Ceramic Coating will bring more gloss when compared to PPF.
Varun Ramesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 09:48   #399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You can look at a Hybrid option of PPF and Ceramic Coating. Ceramic would be done throughout the car and the high-impact zones like the front bumper, hood, wing mirrors and pillars would be done in PPF.
Agree, this hybrid model is a good compromise. I have it only on the ORVMs, door handle scoops & B pillars, but in hindsight bumpers and hood would have been a good idea. Already have a minute chip on the bonnet from my highway runs.

Choose your PPF wisely though. Always go for a top brand and a trusted installer. Don't skimp especially for lighter colours. BLR weather is milder, but the last thing you want is for the PPF to yellow with age on say a white 3 Series.
Old 5th July 2022, 15:25   #400
BHPian

Is it possible to get a 330i sport at around 40 lakhs in Bangalore? Or am I dreaming ?

Last edited by ChetanM6 : 5th July 2022 at 15:30.
Old 5th July 2022, 15:45   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Is it possible to get a 330i sport at around 40 lakhs in Bangalore? Or am I dreaming ?
You may get a used one, a new one at 40L is not possible. Sport is in short supply and BMW is trying maximize profits by pushing higher end models.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 15:56   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
You may get a used one, a new one at 40L is not possible. Sport is in short supply and BMW is trying maximize profits by pushing higher end models.
Thanks for answering . Is olx , cartrade and teambhp classifieds the right platforms to look for pre owned ? Or are there any other ways the I should also try ? Thanks in advance .
Old 5th July 2022, 17:08   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Thanks for answering . Is olx , cartrade and teambhp classifieds the right platforms to look for pre owned ? Or are there any other ways the I should also try ? Thanks in advance .
Hey,

Try premium selection got mine from the same route.
It will be hassle free and will have ample warranty and service packs.
petrolhead777 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 21:39   #404

First Longish Drive in the Bimmer

3rd July 2022, we took the car out for a drive and set the new JW Marriott Prestige Golfshire Resort as the location since I wanted to check out the resort of JW Marriott and to eye up the golf course at Prestige Golfshire. The weather was pleasant all throughout, like good old Bangalore type of weather. The destination was a good 60 Kms from where I live, so it was a short drive for us. Left home at 6:30 AM and was treated to an almost empty airport road (Bangalore folks know how crowded the Airport Road gets during morning hours) while maintained the posted speed limit of 80Kmph and set the car to Eco Pro right from the start of the journey.

Turned off from the National Highway and onto the State Highway towards our destination, here I switched to Sport Plus and enjoyed the sharp throttle response and almost instant gear shifts, took it further by putting the gearbox into Sport mode where the shifts got even more aggressive. The enthusiast in me was not satisfied and wanted to explore shifting gears manually. I tried both paddles and the gear shifter; the gear shifter sure made me feel like a pro rally driver banging through a sequential gearbox (Maintained revs below 4k RPM to have a clean run in as per manual).

The drive sort of felt getting over soon, so we drove till the start of Nandi Hills. Nandi Hills is a nightmare to visit on weekends, hence we never considered driving up to the top and, as expected, there was traffic piled up for a good few meters before the start of the hill. We took a U Turn and headed back home.
Attaching some close-up beauty shots of the car, all black, makes it look super intimidating.
Review: BMW 330i (G20)-front-end-drls.jpg

Just love this click. It makes the car look gangsta!

Review: BMW 330i (G20)-just-drls.jpg

Cool DRLs

Review: BMW 330i (G20)-left-side.jpg
Varun Ramesh is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 23:50   #405
BHPian

Nice write up Varun, the photos are spot on! Thank you for sharing.
BeMyWings is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks