Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2021, 07:49   #121
BHPian

Re: 2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorebhp View Post
This is quite odd. The test drive car I got had a space saver and that must have been one of the early facelift models. Wondering if someone else can confirm. Don't think you can be the only lucky one, though

Does this also mean that the cars with full size spare don't have height adjustable boot floor? If I recall correctly, the test drive car with space saver had two levels to slot-in the boot floor.
In the current facelift. Diesel model has a space saver spare wheel however Petrol version has full size allow. I can confirm that with confidence. I got my Petrol GLS delivered last week and it came with full size spare wheel .

Last edited by Sheel : 10th June 2021 at 08:06. Reason: Non forum smilie.
Old 10th June 2021, 13:05   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
I'm not sure about Tucson, but in Endeavor this is how it is done. Open the tailgate fully, then adjust the height manually by pulling down till the required level and long press the tailgate button till it beeps. Next time onwards it will stop at this level.

Thank you for the tip, I will try this next time I get a chance.
Old 24th June 2021, 11:37   #123
BHPian

At Evo, they are definitely fanboys of the facelifted Tucson. First bringing Tucson into the mix while discussing alternatives to the Octavia 4th gen and now this. I enjoy their Great Driving Roads series, and especially this one as I have taken the same roads in the same car not too long ago.
rahulraag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 17:49   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulraag View Post
Hi folks! Had a query and apologies if this has been answered before. Is there any smart feature on how we can control the level to which the electric tailgate opens? Couple of times I had to manually intervene (read stop with my hands) when I thought the tailgate was going to hit a barrier or the metal pipe overhead in our tight parking space.
Just took delivery of the Tucson and had asked the Sales person this question.

As explained by the sales guy, haven't tested it yet. Very similar details as provided by @smnrock (thank you)

Open the tailgate in the automatic manner, at the desired height long press the tailgate button till it beeps. Next time onwards it will stop at this level. If you need to reset back to usual height, push to original height and long press the button.

More details here as well -
monish_m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 22:31   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monish_m View Post
Just took delivery of the Tucson and had asked the Sales person this question.

As explained by the sales guy, haven't tested it yet. Very similar details as provided by @smnrock (thank you)
Congratulations on your new car! What variant and color did you get? Hope this new car brings the greatest memories and adventures to your life.

Thank you again for the tip and sharing the video. To be honest, ever since I asked the query I haven't stepped outside the apartment. I will give this a try tomorrow, I have few errands to run.

On a different note, what is the average mileage as per the MID that diesel owners are getting? I was pretty happy with the 15 kmpl + mileage I got for over 3000 kms of highway drive. Since then it's been mostly stop-start-stop drives on narrow Kerala roads. My average has come down significantly to 9.5 kmpl. I haven't paid much attention , just thought I would ask to get an idea about ballpark I should expect. Right now it is almost Ecosport and Octavia territory - the two cars i have lived with in the last 5 years.
Old 28th June 2021, 08:35   #126
BHPian

Thanks @rahulraag I picked up a White Diesel, AWD version. How about you - which version.
Old 29th June 2021, 06:12   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monish_m View Post
Thanks @rahulraag I picked up a White Diesel, AWD version. How about you - which version.
Excellent choice! The same variant in black, the color wasn't my first preference and true to my hesitancy with the color, black takes a lot in upkeep . But at the time I picked up, my primary choice of starry night would have meant more waiting and the decision maker in chief (my 8 year old) was bored of white in our older car.
rahulraag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 12:09   #128
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Hi Tucson Owners,

Need feedback regarding transmission of the vehicle. I test drove the Tucson yesterday with a friend of mine who's looking to buy it; the dealer personnel brought the car with about 10k kms on the ODO but I got a feeling that the transmission had a pronounced rubber band effect. Is that correct or could it just be because of TD vehicle? I believe this one's a CV tranny. Other notable points were:

1) Very Good ride quality at about 30-40kmph speeds over bumps, below that speed, substantial roll & sideways movement

2) Huge space at the back, however the higher waistline coupled with all black interiors make it feel less airy

3) Sadly, the interior quality is not worthy of a 30L vehicle. Hard plastics on the dashboard below the "leather trim" & on the door pads. This just really is very disappointing for a 30L vehicle. I think the Creta has slightly better materials inside

4) Lastly, the resolution of the reversing camera is of lower quality

My friend is trying to decide between the Tucson & Carnival (don't ask me why, people not interested cars have a strange mindset) - I'm trying to push him for the Tucson because, well, the Carnival is just too big!

Were there any discounts offered? The dealer in Mumbai said 1.5L off we take insurance from him or 1L off if insurance is on our own.

Thanks!
Old 4th July 2021, 21:54   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Need feedback regarding transmission of the vehicle. I test drove the Tucson yesterday with a friend of mine who's looking to buy it; the dealer personnel brought the car with about 10k kms on the ODO but I got a feeling that the transmission had a pronounced rubber band effect. Is that correct or could it just be because of TD vehicle? I believe this one's a CV tranny.
It is a traditional Torque converter transmission. 6 speed automatic in the petrol and 8 speed in the diesel. If memory serves, the Carnival and Tucson diesel actually share the same transmission.

Personal experience - I have a petrol GLS and have not felt any rubber band effect as yet. I quite like the ride of the car specially in Sports Mode.
absingh911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 06:42   #130
BHPian

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
1) Very Good ride quality at about 30-40kmph speeds over bumps, below that speed, substantial roll & sideways movement

2) Huge space at the back, however the higher waistline coupled with all black interiors make it feel less airy

3) Sadly, the interior quality is not worthy of a 30L vehicle. Hard plastics on the dashboard below the "leather trim" & on the door pads. This just really is very disappointing for a 30L vehicle. I think the Creta has slightly better materials inside.
I haven't observed the rubber band effect in comfort and sports, in fact it just seamlessly surges ahead...Eco mode naturally isnt mode exciting to drive and might seem to be showing the rubber band effect. But even then seems way better than few of the competition in that price range.

The biggest difference for me between Tucson and Carnival is the size, this drives like a car, very good for tight parking spots, fits in complicated parking slots ...

Last edited by Sheel : 14th July 2021 at 10:02. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 13th July 2021, 23:48   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
I'm not sure about Tucson, but in Endeavor this is how it is done. Open the tailgate fully, then adjust the height manually by pulling down till the required level and long press the tailgate button till it beeps. Next time onwards it will stop at this level.
Yes, in 2021 Tucson this is how the boot height is adjusted. I have personally checked in my car. I have Petrol GLS.
Old 18th July 2021, 14:47   #132
BHPian

Can anybody advise if the battery drains when the power tail gate is left open for a few hours? I'm doing my research before I head to a dealership.

Subaru has this problem apparently. Have not found anything online about Hyundai, but the Owner Manual has an entry warning against doing so.
caffeineAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 00:48   #133

I am looking to go for a Petrol GLS(due to budget and annual mileage of 10k) but I am unable to get a TD of this variant. It seems only GLS 4WD is available for TD in Hyderabad(with Kun and Laxmi). I went ahead and asked the SA to get the vehicle for TD and was impressed with the diesel engine+gearbox and ride quality.

I have a few questions to the Tucson Petrol owners here:
1) What is the real world mileage to expect? SA quoted around 10 and 14kmpl in city and on highways respectively.
2) Will the petrol engine feel underpowered? I am sure it will when compared to the Diesel engine but I feel, coming from a petrol i20, it should be sufficient. 75% of my driving will be within the city limits and I am a sedate driver.

I would appreciate responses that will help clear my doubts about petrol engine's performance, if I fail to get a TD in the next couple of weeks.
pbr88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 10:03   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbr88 View Post
1) What is the real world mileage to expect? SA quoted around 10 and 14kmpl in city and on highways respectively.
2) Will the petrol engine feel underpowered? I am sure it will when compared to the Diesel engine but I feel, coming from a petrol i20, it should be sufficient. 75% of my driving will be within the city limits and I am a sedate driver.
Hi, unless you are an enthusiast, I believe Tucson Petrol GLS is more than sufficient. This is based on my personal experience riding my recently purchased GLS-P for 1000 KM, I drove it in Lonavala/Khandala Ghats during my recent trip to Pune.

My consideration of Petrol Motor was for long term maintenance, reliability and cleaner fuel. I drove Linea Multi Jet Diesel before this for over 11 years.
I had test drove Petrol car before the purchase decision and took it to nearby hill for mild off-roading along with the sales executive. I can send you the clips in PM if you wish. Thanks.

1. Coming to real life fuel efficiency, my 280 km trip to Pune returned 11.5 kmpl, that included 200 km expressway and 80 km traffic
2. I don't think so if you look in isolation. For city drives I use Economy mode and for Ghats I use Comfort or Sports mode. Never felt underpowered. On paper the torque of diesel is very high, however remember that Petrol torque is uniformly distributed over the RPM and hence compensates well for the lower torque compared to Diesel engine.

Hope I am able to answer some of your queries. On every ride my love for this machine increases due to its sheer elegant looks and the ride quality. It has some missing features like 365 degree camera, which I wished for when you see them 10 lacs + cars nowadays.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-photo20210206172422.jpg  

2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-photo20210206172429.jpg  

Last edited by Dharmen : 26th July 2021 at 10:14. Reason: adding media
Dharmen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 13:30   #135
BHPian

I was at the Hyundai dealer in Pune yesterday to check out the Tucson for my wife. The dealer had no display/test drive Tucsons available. He also mentioned that Hyundai has stopped taking any additional orders for the Tucson and that the next gen Tucson should launch in India by next month.

Just thought I'd put this out there for those looking for something in the Tucson/Compass segment. Might not hurt to wait for a couple of months.
yd_gli is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks