Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2022, 11:08   #1351
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Rao View Post
But I heard they are introducing a new magnite model XV Premium option with halogen lights( instead of LED projector lights) and everything else retained as in the top-end trim.
My friend booked the same model in January and is waiting. His dealer (EVM, Kerala) told him the same last week.
Old 23rd June 2022, 18:56   #1352
BHPian

Nissan needs to improve the dispatch numbers if they want to remain relevant in the Indian market. This is their only car that sells and they still can't be bothered to improve the customer experience. Why focus on the export markets when domestic demand can't be met ? Magnite sales have dropped to around 2k/month which isn't enough to sustain the Indian operations at all
Old 8th July 2022, 06:11   #1353
BANNED

Seems something is brewing with Nissan Magnite RED
A sportz version or 7 seater?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CftUme5A...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Old 8th July 2022, 10:38   #1354
BHPian

Looks like finally something new is coming from the Nissan stable. However, it looks more like a GT variant of Magnite
Sharing Screenshot of their recent instagram post below

Nissan Magnite Review-screenshot_20220708103410_instagram.jpg
Old 8th July 2022, 10:44   #1355
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Looks like finally something new is coming from the Nissan stable. However, it looks more like a GT variant of Magnite
Nissan India has opened bookings for the Magnite RED Edition, ahead of its launch on July 18.

Nissan Magnite Review-20220708_104321.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 20:15   #1356
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I recently got pre-owned Nissan Magnite CVT Top end. Car has 17500KM on odo. Its around 16 month old. I get grinding noise if I release or press the break slowly. At high speed there is no noise. Initially I was panicked & service center guys were in denial mode that any such noise exist. But when I told them to give me in writing, they agreed that there is some noise & as per them its expected. They showed me another car with just 450KM on odo & it was having exact same noise.

In this thread, some members have reported same noise. But I could not find any particular solution.

Is there any way to get rid of the noise? Cleaning break pads/lubrication doesn't work. Its really irritating actually.

Apart from break, I feel there is some noise while rotating steering, but I think I can live with that.
Car is really amazing & I am loving it.
Old 13th July 2022, 12:02   #1357

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaibhaoT View Post
Hello Everyone,

I recently got pre-owned Nissan Magnite CVT Top end. Car has 17500KM on odo.
=======
Car is really amazing & I am loving it.
I too have faced this issue of brake noise at very slow speeds which go away as the speed increases. Whenever these noises start i get the car breaks cleaned at the service centres. Service guys have done the same free of charge once and rest of the times it was done part of the service.

Post break cleaning the noise disappears.
Never experienced any noise while rotating the steering.
trailblazer13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 20:21   #1358

yeah, the braking noise is quiet irritating. I suspect foreign material on the brake disc /pad, even rust may be the issue. Need to check physically once.
Steering is a slow turner too. I guess to address the older gen magnite's steering 'not restoring to centre issue' they meddled with the caster angle a bit resulting in a stiffer Steering ( compared to initial design). Anyhow while taking a quick u turn u still need to roll your arms to speed up the steering return. But as pointed out 'it is something we can live with'.
Otherwise a great car. Just hoping that with Nissan's reliability, gold pack and addon extended warranty, this car bills us only on gas for years to come
Mahesh Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 16:58   #1359
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Turbo CVT - Buying & Initial Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolrahul View Post
I confirmed my purchase with the dealer after a bit of haggling on the insurance (they did not fully match the Policy Bazaar price, but did reduce the price to a near figure)
I am in the same situation like you. The dealers in Chennai are not matching the quote I got for XV TURBO CVT. The quote that coverfox gave for Zero-Dep was 30K and the dealer is quoting 53K. They asked to buy outside and they can share the car details before registration. The insurance contacts they gave are not of any help. I am planning for the red edition (black) and its not available in the online portals as of now. How did you make the dealer match the policy bazaar price at the end?
Old 6th August 2022, 13:49   #1360
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Turbo CVT - Buying & Initial Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
I am in the same situation like you. The dealers in Chennai are not matching the quote I got for XV TURBO CVT. The quote that coverfox gave for Zero-Dep was 30K and the dealer is quoting 53K. They asked to buy outside and they can share the car details before registration. The insurance contacts they gave are not of any help. I am planning for the red edition (black) and its not available in the online portals as of now. How did you make the dealer match the policy bazaar price at the end?
When I bought the car back in feb 2021 the dealer "almost matched" the quotes from policy bazaar. I think I ended up paying ~3k more than the online quotes. I went with the dealer just to get the car quicker as the dealer had royally screwed my purchase. During renewal I switched to policybazaar as I have taken only 2 claims in past 20 years so not that much worried about the claims experience. If it is a major incident / claim then online / dealer won't make that much difference imo. It's only the scratches / dents / smaller claims etc which are easier to claim through dealer insurance
akg7091 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 15:27   #1361
BHPian

My warranty claim has finally been approved after 6 MONTHS of waiting and showing that the issue was prevalent across multiple other cars in the workshop. It doesn't matter that the "chrome spotting" issue is not reported by any other users - what matters is it happened with me despite using RO water and PH neutral shampoos with micro fibers to clean the car twice a month. Warranty claims so far :

1 ) Bonnet repainted under warranty - paint had started flaking off in the middle of the bonnet ( took ~2 months for warranty claim to be approved because dealership kept claiming Nissan won't approve paint flaking off as there is no paint warranty. I was told I will get the car back in 2-3 days but they took 3 WEEKS to return the car ).
2 ) HU replaced - crashes / reboots / disconnects. Multiple visits / videos of the glitches before it was finally approved and replaced. Took 2+ months of followups and a month of waiting for the part. Dealership was cooperative and helpful
3 ) Power window switch replaced within a few mins of going to the workshop and showing the issue. VERY GOOD SERVICE provided
4 ) DRL - yet to be replaced. Warranty claim approved by dealership instantly on being shown the issue. VERY GOOD SERVICE imo
5 ) Chrome - yet to be replaced. Warranty approval took ~6 months because dealership claimed there is no paint / chrome warranty ( Car is with the workshop since last sunday when I was finally told by the dealership to bring it in. ETA given 2-3 days. Visited on Tuesday and Thursday and WORK YET TO BE STARTED ! Called again today and.......... No updates )
6 ) Suspension noise - multiple visits but still not fixed.

Nissan India has to figure out the post sales service and warranty processes. It's just too slow. Decent car - bad quality parts and meh service. I am pretty patient and don't mind waiting but 3 weeks to paint a panel ? A week and counting to replace some chrome bits ? I hope someone from Nissan reads this and takes this as feedback. We have bought 3 Nissan - Datsun cars in the family in the past 18 months from the same dealership. I have bet big on Rakesh ji's leadership. I hope my trust wasn't misplaced.

Edit : Forgot to add to point 5. I got a call from the dealership on thursday that the work is done and to come and pick up the car. When I went ~70% of the work was NOT DONE. The SA was on leave and there was confusion about the suspension noise / chome parts I had pointed out to the SA as missing on my visit on Tuesday )

Last edited by akg7091 : 13th August 2022 at 15:33.
akg7091 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 21:39   #1362
BHPian

Friends, got the delivery of my NISSAN MAGNITE XV premium turbo today.
Its a fantastic car to drive. Just a couple of questions.

1.After engine is off, it doesn't auto unlock the doors. Is there any settings to change this. It's bit irritating to manually unlock for people to get out.

2. After central lock, why doesn't ORVMs do not fold automatically ? Every time I have to remember to manual fold them by pressing the button before I get out of the car. Anyway we can change it ?

I appreciate a quick help on this.
dilsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 18:07   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
My warranty claim has finally been approved after 6 MONTHS of waiting and showing that the issue was prevalent across multiple other cars in the workshop. It doesn't matter that the "chrome spotting" issue is not reported by any other users - what matters is it happened with me despite using RO water and PH neutral shampoos with micro fibers to clean the car twice a month. Warranty claims so far :
So, the claim that was approved after waiting for 6 months - now waiting for parts and updates from the dealership ( dead DRLs being replaced, rear tail lamp had an insect and being replaced upon my request as a goodwill gesture )

On top of this, the bonnet that they repainted for paint chipping / bubbling - paint's started peeling off again ! They have told me they will repaint it again.

The car has spent 3 odd months in the workshop this year. I even offered to pay 50k if Nissan replaces my car with a new magnite of same model / variant / color just to solve the recurring issues I am facing.

Nissan India really needs to understand that we buy cars so we can drive them. Nobody really likes paying EMIs when the car is with the dealer for months ( Just a joke before Nissan India gets back with a rebuttal that no loan taken - I bought it cash down ! )

I want Nissan India to succeed. I have 3 cars in house from this brand - I still can't recommend this brand to anyone else. Great car. Perfect engine/cvt combo. Bad QC and horrible customer support. Kicks is a much better vehicle than Magnite when it comes to quality of parts used

Last edited by GTO : 7th September 2022 at 09:26. Reason: Trimming quote
Old 7th September 2022, 05:40   #1364
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

The Nissan Magnite and its cousin the Renault Kiger are definitely built to a cost and it does show in the quality of materials used, fit and finish etc. How would they manage to price it so competitively without cutting corners ?. However, their cars are still great Value for money and that remains a selling point.
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 15:49   #1365
BHPian

Hi,

I'm looking for a car for office commute within 12 lakh budget. Magnite XV turbo CVT seemed like a good value proposition so I went ahead and booked it.

My main requirement is good ride quality i.e. good suspension and low cabin noise. Also, no rattling or creaking noises.

But looking at the reviews, looks like the suspension is very stiff in 2022 model and lots of engine noise as well. As of now, I'm rethinking my choice and thinking of booking grand vitara base edition. Suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks