Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2021, 21:40   #1156
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
I had stepped out of my home briefly last week for some urgent work and got to see the Nissan Magnite in the flesh for the very first time. It was a top of the line automatic blue Magnite.
I was pleasantly surprised - the car had great presence. The color, the finish and the overall look was impressive. Interior space seemed decent too.

Nissan seems to have put in everything for this and it shows. Seems to be a great option for people shopping in this segment.
I agree on this. Magnite actually has good presence. Kiger though looks a bit more premium, it looks very similar to Kwid from a distance.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 23:39   #1157

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Has anyone used the tracking page of Nissan: https://book.nissan.in/BookingDetails
I got an SMS saying delivery will be 'soon', but the tracking page says date 'to be confirmed'.
Was very excited to see the message. The dealer had officially communicated end of May as the tentative delivery date. The link however has the delivery date listed as July end. Almost 7 months wait for a booking made in Decmber.

Quote:
Has anyone used the tracking page of Nissan: https://book.nissan.in/BookingDetails
I got an SMS saying delivery will be 'soon', but the tracking page says date 'to be confirmed'.
Got it too. "The key to your Nissan Magnite will be handed over to you on".... and the delivery date showing was pushed by another 2 months to July end from the May date that the dealer had promised recently. Wait continues..

Last edited by vb-saan : 23rd April 2021 at 08:06. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged; please use edit/multi-quote options when posting back-to-back. Thanks!
Old 23rd April 2021, 04:42   #1158
BHPian

For me, the dealer-promised date of July is now listed as November on the website! I'm hoping it's just a glitch in the system, teething troubles due to bad data.
Just last week, the SA assured me that they were behind on promised delivery dates by only a week.
Old 23rd April 2021, 13:40   #1159
BHPian

Spoke to my SA who said the inflated timelines on the website are because the cancelled bookings have not been updated. So actual allocations are already ahead of the sequence listed on the website. I've been guaranteed that the original timeline (+/- a week) promised by the dealer will hold true.
ChevyTeddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 12:30   #1160

Quote:
For me it says "This number does not exist in our records, please contact your dealership for more information"!! Weird
Old 24th April 2021, 14:30   #1161

I contacted the dealership and it turns out the the last number of my registered number is 6 instead of 7. Wonder if that was done on purpose.

Anyway, the Estimated Delivery Date they're showing is 15/8/21 (for the booking done on 8th of December). This is in line with the first communication from Nissan, although way behind the promised date by the dealership (first they said january end, then feb, then mid april - they just said whatever I wanted to hear just to get the booking and then keep from cancelling it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu0504 View Post
For me it says "This number does not exist in our records, please contact your dealership for more information"!! Weird
Old 26th April 2021, 19:54   #1162

Exactly my condition also.Booking was done on Dec 10th and I will finally gain my independence on Aug 15th as per Nissan
Additionally, my SA left the company 2 weeks back and I came to know about it today. The CRM and the AGM both tested positive for Covid a week back and are in quarantine for sometime.
Very frustrating situation as no one seems to be bothered with my booking and allocation.
I am planning to see what will happen by Friday as the CRM updated that some kind of magic dust was sprinkled on Nissan and the Magnite will take birth in 4 days.
If still at a dead end, I will certainly be going ahead with alternate options and wishing Nissan all the best as they are going to need this badly if the customer service and fulfillment are being handled in this manner.
ashka83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 13:42   #1163
BHPian

Funnily enough, I got another SMS from Nissan saying delivery will be 'soon' (again), amidst all the mayhem in Bengalooru right now.
I think they are randomly sending these messages to deter people from cancelling bookings.
Old 27th April 2021, 16:38   #1164

Got a call from my SC yesterday evening. To my surprise car was been assigned to me. They received the car yesterday in their yard and I went and did a PDI today at the showroom. Super excited but caught un-prepared for with Insurance and other formalities. Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow!!!!!
KrishnaKoka is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 17:39   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishnaKoka View Post
Got a call from my SC yesterday evening. To my surprise car was been assigned to me. They received the car yesterday in their yard and I went and did a PDI today at the showroom. Super excited but caught un-prepared for with Insurance and other formalities. Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow!!!!!
Congratulations! That's a month ahead of the dealer-promised date and more than a couple ahead of the website, isn't it?
Here's wishing you miles and miles of smiles in the Magnite.
ChevyTeddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 19:15   #1166
Distinguished - BHPian

This little Nissan is full of surprises!

CEF_Beasts is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 19:46   #1167
Senior - BHPian

Made In India Nissan Magnite goes on sale in South Africa.

In South Africa, Nissan Magnite will be offered in two trims, Acenta and Acenta Plus, and is powered by a 1.0-litre turbo petrol as standard, available in manual and CVT automatic.

Nissan Magnite Review-smartselect_20210428194052_chrome.jpg

Quote:
The Magnite is priced between 256,999 Rand and 305,700 Rand, before taxes, which is about Rs. 13.30 lakh to Rs. 15.82 lakh as per current exchange rates.
Quote:
Earlier, Nissan India had said that it will be exporting the Magnite sub-4 metre SUV to markets like - South Africa, Bhutan, and Nepal, and South Africa seems to be the first export market to get it
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 08:59   #1168
BHPian

Wonder how the waiting times will be for Magnite in South Africa. This really is a surprise. Thought they will wait a while and meet the demands locally before exporting to multiple countries.
Old 30th April 2021, 12:52   #1169

Nissan Magnite Review-img20210428wa0006.jpeg

Got delivery of my Magnite on 28th. Was very good experience at the dealership. They matched the insurance quote from outside. Handling charges etc were also not included.. SC was very courteous through out the process. Haven't had a chance to drive a lot over the past 2 days but excellent so far!!!! Thanks again to all the valuable information on this forum!!!
KrishnaKoka is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 02:14   #1170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
This little Nissan is full of surprises!

https://Youtu.be/RJD7lH7sTho
They should introduce a new top end variant - with plusher soft plastics, Google map compatible dash screens, sunroof and high quality beige black interior theme -sales should fly !

If the basic driving package is superior (and reliable thanks to CVT) , the additions should easily help Magnite eat into the Sonet/Venue pie.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th May 2021 at 13:23. Reason: Removing that last line as you rightly mentioned: off topic.
JishD is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks