Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2020, 13:07   #676
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiousblock View Post
I've booked XV CVT Premium DT (Red/Black). I'll go for 5 years of warranty as the product is new. I have to pay around 11L including Extended warranty.
Haha.. 11 L on-road for a top of the line 'proper' Automatic D/T SC-SUV variant is unheard of in todays times. Thanks to the Koreans!

By the way, when is the tentative delivery that they have promised? Did you get a chance to test drive the car yet?
ashvek3141 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 13:58   #677
BHPian

I went to check out the Nissan Magnite in person at Neo Nissan, Noida. The car kept their was in Brown colour and looked absolutely stunning. It felt quite spacious on the inside and the touchscreen felt sharp. Unfortunately they didn't have any test vehicle but the sales guy informed it will be available after 15th.

One thing I came to know from him that the initial response is so good that they have closed the booking for the XE Base Variant and they probably will also close the booking for the next XL variant. Well I hope he is not bluffing. If its true then really good news for Nissan.

The pricing was absolutely killer. On Road price of 1.0 Turbo Petrol XV Premium Manual Transmission with 5 yrs warranty under ₹10 lakhs is simply fantastic. And with the superb CVT it is just 1 lakh more.
souvikjana83 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 16:29   #678
BHPian

I have got an EXCELLENT insurance quote from Kotak car insurance for the magnite top end model I booked. ~20K less than the quote from Neo Nissan Noida with more coverage. If someone is interested then please DM and I will share the quote I received.

If somebody is able to negotiate any discounts / freebies then kindly share the same. I guess if we form a group buy for Noida people interested in the magnite maybe we can get something ?
akg7091 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 22:12   #679

I read somewhere that there is already a six month waiting period for the Base model but couldn't independently confirm. Does anyone has any direct info on this?
Old 6th December 2020, 22:25   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu0504 View Post
I read somewhere that there is already a six month waiting period for the Base model but couldn't independently confirm. Does anyone has any direct info on this?
Went to see it today. For the auto version 3 months is what the SA told. Did not check for base variant but I wont be surprised as they might want to sell higher variant.

More info on today's visit coming up shortly
KD007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 00:35   #681
BHPian

My impressions on seeing it in the flesh

+ Design is closer to the Kicks than the Redigo, despite the Datsun like grille and the showroom had the Kicks standing behind the Magnite and the latter does a good job looking almost similar in size from some angles.

+ Design is pleasant and not polarising. more people will like it than not.

+ Design seems made from the ground up without having been chopped off from a 4m+ car to fit under the embargo.

+ Rear seat space and knee room is very generous for segment standards .

+ Boot is a practical size for hatch standards and can accomodate decent lugagge.

+ The space available overall makes it a comfortable and practical family car for a single car garage.

- GNCAP rating. It won't be a deal breaker for most buyers. But it would be a great to know how this Jap fares against the Koreans.

- only 2 Airbags on top end variant . Wouldn't have mattered last year. But this year this is one cost saving feature I'm not happy with.

- Interiors are decently appointed but you can see it 'budget'.

- Sunroof is a good way of clever cost cutting- a feature many would want but not mind if skipped for the cost .

Overall a truly great Value for Money Package.

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 7th December 2020 at 00:36.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 01:05   #682
BHPian

Went to have a look at Magnite at Neo Nissan, Moti Nagar today. My initial impressions are very positive about the car. No way did the car felt budget to me or it felt like it had light materials used. The doors, boot and hood all had a decent weight to them, almost comparable to my 2017 creta. Interior space is great considering the segment. Quite generous for my small family of three. Interior quality is as good as Honda’s and Toyota’s if not the Koreans. The showroom as expected was buzzing with life.

Im glad this car didnt have the pop up touchscreen like the Kia’s as I absoloutely dislike it as it eats alot of space in the front windshield viewing area. The colourful instrument cluster is not really that odd to look at. Got a quote of 10.06 L for xv dual tone cvt with extended warranty. Am really tempted to upgrade from my vento to this now. The tech pack costs 38k and includes few feel good goodies.

Last edited by speedfreak01 : 7th December 2020 at 01:12.
speedfreak01 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 08:40   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If anyone is thinking of buying the Triber, please do wait for the turbo-petrol. I just drove it over the weekend in the Magnite & it is a superb motor. I found the Triber's 1.0 n/a petrol to be boring & character-less, but enjoyed the peppy 1.0 turbo.
Quoting GTO's post from Triber's thread. After a lot of deliberation and test drives, a friend has finalised booking of XUV 3OO W8 (O) MT (Petrol) which is around 12.8L OTR Mumbai. With discounts he should be able to close the deal at around 12L. Now with Magnite's pricing again he has gone into confusion. I understand both the engines are of different capacity however from a lot of reviews, the 1.0 Turbo petrol seem to be good enough.

Now with just one dealer who is almost 60 KMs away in Navi Mumbai and with a bleak service coverage, does it make sense to save 2.5L and go for the Magnite top end MT? The car which will be replaced is a 11 year old Swift with nearly 90K KMs. Even this new car willl be kept for minimum 10 years and similar kms. Please suggest.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 11:18   #684
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Now with just one dealer who is almost 60 KMs away in Navi Mumbai and with a bleak service coverage, does it make sense to save 2.5L and go for the Magnite top end MT? The car which will be replaced is a 11 year old Swift with nearly 90K KMs. Even this new car willl be kept for minimum 10 years and similar kms. Please suggest.
Its a rather tough one to think of! Had the option been any other car - personally I'd have suggested going for that option over Magnite. But the option is an XUV3oo petrol. Between these 2, the Magnite actually seems like a more compelling case, especially with a huge 2 L price difference. The only thing not going in its favour - is the thin service network & distance from home. With Mahindra's own service quality & network being a hit & miss - its hard to pick one over the other!
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 11:46   #685
BHPian

Quote:
All depends on his mindset. Very tough to offer suggestions as each person likes to take his/her levels of risk taking to different heights.

But looking at Nissan's enthusiasm, there is a very high chance that we might see a few more dealers/service centres around in such prominent places as Mumbai/Pune.
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 12:19   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Quoting GTO's post from Triber's thread. After a lot of deliberation and test drives, a friend has finalised booking of XUV 3OO W8 (O) MT (Petrol) which is around 12.8L OTR Mumbai. With discounts he should be able to close the deal at around 12L. Now with Magnite's pricing again he has gone into confusion. I understand both the engines are of different capacity however from a lot of reviews, the 1.0 Turbo petrol seem to be good enough.
I personally would opt for the XUV 300 and try for a better deal at Mahindra.

Reason?
1. XUV is based on a product that is probably half or one segment above. Tivoli is Seltos/Creta class.
2. Established product by now. XUV has got near best in class NVH, ride quality and build quality.
3. 5 star safety ratings. Highest in its class. 7 airbags is best in class too.
4. The petrol engine is very impressive too. If not as good as the diesel, it has got excellent refinement, driveability and performance.

XUV most probably would be worth the extra money. If it is a petrol manual vs petrol manual thing.
Turbokick is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 13:01   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
I personally would opt for the XUV 300 and try for a better deal at Mahindra.

Reason?
1. XUV is based on a product that is probably half or one segment above. Tivoli is Seltos/Creta class.
2. Established product by now. XUV has got near best in class NVH, ride quality and build quality.
3. 5 star safety ratings. Highest in its class. 7 airbags is best in class too.
4. The petrol engine is very impressive too. If not as good as the diesel, it has got excellent refinement, driveability and performance.

XUV most probably would be worth the extra money. If it is a petrol manual vs petrol manual thing.
Agreed . Unless the bootspace of XUV300 is a deal breaker. Magnite has some very good competition in its segment.

Coming back to the Magnite, with people flocking Nissan Showrooms to check out the Magnite (with some people coming to Nissan showrooms for first time), this is a very good opportunity for the dealers to also showcase the 1.3 Turbo Petrol Kicks and convince them to at least take a test drive to check out its performance. With December month going, and with some sweet deals, they can try to convince some potential customers of Magnite go for the Kicks instead of the Magnite.

Given that Kicks is almost 2 lakhs less than the Creta/Seltos with bigger space and better performance but lesser gizmos. A good deal on the price will not only make it more affordable than the Creta/Seltos but also bring it closer to the price of the Magnite Top Models.

It all depends on the salesperson and the offer of the dealers.
souvikjana83 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 13:12   #688
Senior - BHPian

There could be a smart change in strategy from Nissan regarding showrooms. I saw a brand new 'Mini Nissan showroom' inaugurated on Kanakapura road, opposite Key Motors (Tata). This is Surya Nissan, as well. The space inside is barely enough to park two cars but it does its job. So with these micro/mini strategy, they could be all over the place. I'll click a pic as I pass by next time
Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 14:33   #689
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I hate to blindly speculate (like some people are fond of doing) on the Global-NCAP rating of the Magnite (or indeed any other car), so I'll leave that aside.

My suggestion - ask him to go for the XUV300 W8(O) that he has finalised. It features front, side, full-length curtain airbags and a driver's knee airbag, for a total of 7!

In contrast, even the top variant of the Magnite offers only 2.

Not every crash is a 40% frontal offset crash (XUV300 aces that). Side & curtain airbags are proven life-savers in side crashes, T-bone impacts, tree/pole crashes etc. not only for the front seat occupants, but also for those on the rear seat as well!

There are shockingly ignorant people who are stupid enough to dismiss side & curtain airbags as "bling" and "gizmos", but just laugh heartily at their sheer ignorance and ignore them completely.

The Magnite, like many other cars, can only dream of having side & curtain airbags.

The XUV300 W8(O) happens to be the right choice for your friend.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 15:25   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
Am really tempted to upgrade from my vento to this now.
Will Magnite be an upgrade to Vento? I think the other way.
dudevarkey is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks