Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2020, 19:54   #571
Team-BHP Support

Re: Nissan Magnite launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh

I think it’s due to the top-guy who joined from Hyundai/ Maruti. He will know much better than anyone about the vendors who can produce locally at competitive prices.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...astava-md.html (Surprise! Nissan India ropes in Rakesh Srivastava as MD)

By selling couple of thousand cars at nil (or little profits) they are trying to create a place for themselves.

It’s also a fact that Nissan does carry a strong brand image if we ignore past few years. Let’s see how it progresses, hope the dealers also rise to this opportunity presented by manufacturer.
Turbanator is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 20:25   #572
BHPian

I have to give a big to the Nissan's Value-based pricing strategy !

I haven't seen such a lucrative pricing in recent years by any automaker in India. With this sweet deal, Magnite can not be ignored by any potential buyer. Kudos to Rakesh Srivastava and team Nissan India for such a value offering.

Being a global brand, Nissan should do better marketing than just saying BIG BOLD and BEAUTIFUL with few pictures on TV commercials, this is what influences the young crowd.

Magnite ticks all right boxes, covers wide budget range, covers segments below and above (to some extent), more than all - it looks fresh and premium.

Automobiles may be priced fairly only when such surprises thrown into the competition and become successful, only then the customer will realize how other manufacturers were milking with not-so-value-offerings.

Another opportunity for Nissan to be successful in India and here goes my best wishes !!
hummer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 22:28   #573
Distinguished - BHPian

The highest value variant, IMO, is XL CVT. For less than 9 lakhs on-road (7.89 ex-showroom), you get a Turbo Petrol SUV with a classy automatic transmission. All basic features covered, plus you get some safety features that are not present in many cars which are double the cost - Vehicle Dynamic Control, Hill Start Assist, Traction Control, Hydraulic Brake Assist. Plus, conveniences such as keyless entry, push button start/stop, electrically adjustable and foldable ORVMs, rear center armrest, rear wiper etc.
84.monsoon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 22:56   #574
BHPian

I used to regard Nissan brand as a high end sports car manufacturer. How can one imagine the company who built the iconic skyline GTR coming up with 80bhp mini suv

Hope it goes well for them, introducing cheap cars haven't worked out for Nissan in the USA.

Here's a recent report by CNBC about the troubles of nissan.

Last edited by ChrisTJ : 2nd December 2020 at 23:17. Reason: Added YouTube link
ChrisTJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 23:00   #575
BHPian

I think that this aggressive price will bring in some first time buyers who would be fascinated by the idea of owning an SUV at the price of a hatchback like swift or i10. Those buyers would probably go for the NA engine. For the enthusiasts, may be they would go for Sonet, Venue, Nexon as they would want to make sure they are spending big bucks on the established brands rather than on a brand which will make or break depending on the sale of this single car.
Old 2nd December 2020, 23:23   #576
BHPian

Oh my Nissan!
I never thought highly of them as a serious player in India until today's Magnite announcement. First it was the very confusing distribution strategy through Hoover Automotive, issues with dealers, lacklustre lineup of products, docile marketing and a general lack of trust among the public - could they finally bid goodbye to all this with Magnite? With this absolutely killer pricing, they sure are gonna set the sales charts on fire and erase existing segment boundaries. The sub-10 lakh price band is finally getting to see some hardcore disruption.
dtox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 23:50   #577
BHPian

Good pricing for sure. But I am also sure about another thing, the dealer network is going to let them down big time coupled with the fact about their tarnished image in the Indian automobile market. When you have so low sales and no mass moving car in your portfolio, you get third rank dealers and further third ranked sales folks who do not know a damn about what they are selling. Then there are the workshops who think that every car which enters the bay will be an opportunity to fleece the customers who they presume to be ill informed folks else they wouldn't have bought a car from a manufacturer which has a thread going on about whether it will be existing in the market by 2022

Just see the attached image to see the proficiency of the sales guy who wants to sell me their hot new item

Nissan Magnite Review-pic.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd December 2020 at 22:23. Reason: Phone number, name removed from the screenshot. Thanks!
isldhn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 00:56   #578
BHPian

Wait, a proper CVT below 10lakh?
Back it up with a jaw dropping warranty to show that the company trusts the product as much as buyer would do and they will have good conversion.
Old 3rd December 2020, 06:00   #579
BHPian

Without spending a lot on print and media ads there is no way to pump up sales, despite what appears to be a very good value for money product. Most buyers do jot even realize Nissan is still selling cars in India. Nissan’s success depends on bringing them to their small show rooms just to checkout the Magnite.
gb97ce6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 07:12   #580
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
I somehow feel Nissan will jack up the prices very soon. They will keep introductory pricing for few months only.
They will surely increase the price within six months, because customers will expect some kind of discounts by then. Ultimately one can buy at the current prices after some discounts and bargain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudevarkey View Post
Just came back after seeing the car @ the showroom.

The car is the smallest sub compact SUV in the market and it looks small too. It is small in the interior also, and it looked smaller as I went in my S-Cross.

After seeing all reviews had minimal expectations and so I am not disappointed.
  • The body metal is not bad as I expected. The doors close with an acceptable sound- not a strong thud though; the bonnet lid is not as light as expected.
  • Rear seat offers decent thigh support, almost par with what I have in my S-Cross. The leg room is also adequate. The width of the seat is the only thing I am not ok with, but I cannot expect more from a car of this size.
  • Boot space is also decent and seats have 60:40 folding, which should do the job.
  • Visibility from driving seat is great. I am just 5'5" and I could see the corners of bonnet.

Overall I am ok with Magnite and Pricing is also tempting. They are launching the vehicle in Kerala on 5th Dec and only 2 turbo manual display cars were available with the dealer. Renovation works of the showroom is going on for the launch.
Test drive vehicles have not arrived yet and I will take a decision after driving the turbo CVT Magnite.
I too have visited yesterday. My impressions are same as you. Quality is better than expected. GC is impressive. Interior quality is as per the reviews. (not bad, but not the best too).

Sales person told me that warranty will be 2 Years 50000KM.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd December 2020 at 22:37. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 3rd December 2020, 09:31   #581
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

I'm seriously rooting for the Magnite to become a runaway success. It means Nissan will develop a strong dealer/ service network all over. The dealers will treat the dealership as a profit centre and not a laundry. Nissan will slowly come out of the shadow of becoming a possible fly-by-night operator and becomes an acceptable auto co in India.
AND THEN, I'll go ahead and buy the Kicks without getting the jaundiced eye from the better half. And probably Nissan will start launching all those exciting SUVs and trucks we see in the movies. Here's to the success of the Magnite!
jazzrockz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 09:32   #582
BHPian

Fantastic pricing!
I hope Nissan get all the success for this deserving product.
If magnite can't manage to do so, it will be the end for Nissan in India.

They should focus on improving the dealer/service senter accessibility more now.

OT: if this magnite with its nice looks and long feature list was introduced in same price bracket by either Maruti or Hyundai, we could see an all time record of booking made in a single day.
Asish_VK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 09:41   #583
BHPian

Magnite definitely looks great. The pricing is icing on the cake. Nissan could have done one more thing to seal the deal.

- Tweak the Datsun face to a more Nissanish front.

If this was not possible, they should not have launched the Datsun Redi Go with similar face. I think that will be one of the major reasons for people to stay back from Magnite. Else Magnite is a great offering and I really hope that Nissan gets a break through.
Old 3rd December 2020, 10:02   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
OT: if this magnite with its nice looks and long feature list was introduced in same price bracket by either Maruti or Hyundai, we could see an all time record of booking made in a single day.
Completely agree. People who are thinking about crash worthiness of this product wouldn't have 2nd thought then. Top 5 cars in sales chart are from "Dil Se Strong" manufacturer and are rated 0-2 stars.

Here goes a overall comparison of Magnite with it's direct rivals. Surely, it's the most VFM offering.

Nissan Magnite Review-nissanmagnitevsrivals1.jpg
Deadpool is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 10:08   #585
Senior - BHPian

So, as expected, the Magnite is priced quite well!

Now, let's wait to see the numbers this one can bring for Nissan in the coming months. Considering the spread of variants and the equipment list, it will be great if it can do like 5000 units each month. But our market is as fickle or unfair as it gets! So, I am not so sure to be very honest.

Everyone will expect their cousin or neighbor to get one before themselves. God help our car market.

And I think it is the other way around - more than Nissan needing India, it is our marker which needs Magnite to be successful. Else, we will continue to pay that excess premium for laziness and narrowmindedness defined by the art of profiteering.
deetjohn is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks