Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2020, 16:17   #556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
Hey,
I'm planning on replacing my mom's Santro Xing. Confused between this car and the Vitara Brezza. (Primarily for the city).
Which one would be better according to you guys.
If your city is getting Nissan support, get her Magnite. And I'd suggest you get the CVT version for her which is priced quite nicely. Only good thing for Brezza is the safety rating. Wait to find out how strong this Magnite is and then take a dive. But do book this one for a cool 50k savings.
creative420 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 16:17   #557
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Initial response looks promising for Nissan. Potential buyers of Brezza, Sonet are booking Magnite.

Deadpool is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 16:33   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
the pricing is finally fair for a new product!

Some of the recent launches by other brands had me wondering why cars are so expensive.

Now for the real world test, sales and service.
I went to the showroom and took a feel of the car. Seating very comfortable. Good audio. No cabin noise. I'm inclined to book it but very sceptic about its service. So will hold and then decide.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 17:35   #559
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh

This was a make or break situation for Nissan India and I think their response is in line with what the situation demanded. Now the biggest test, whether customers will trust Nissan with their money.
Old 2nd December 2020, 18:01   #560
Senior - BHPian

What is the warranty that Nissan is offering ? Any extended warranty package ? Will buyers get price protection if they book by year end ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
...Now the biggest test, whether customers will trust Nissan with their money.
Most people who chose say the Hyundai Creta base E variant will find an alternative. Even a 20% impact in sales will pinch competition.

Anyway, all fair as long as they find it hard to remain arrogant when there's a rather tempting alternative. IMO The pressure is necessary to ensure other car makers can up the ante in constructive ways, like say better warranty, structural safety features etc.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 2nd December 2020 at 18:10.
Old 2nd December 2020, 18:07   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhav-Van View Post
But what I really cannot understand is, why now? Why couldn't they have announced the prices few weeks ago at least to catch the festive demand? In addition to just unveiling the car last month, they should have announced these prices as well. At 4.99 for the base variant, it is sure to pull traffic from other segments as well.
True- the Magnite launch received a lot of publicity-more than expected considering the current mindshare /status of Nissan as a brand. They should have capitalised on it right away. This , plus the “god- knows-when” situation with dealers reported earlier creates problems. People waited for an eternity for the CVT after the Kicks turbo petrol was announced.
Old 2nd December 2020, 18:22   #562
BANNED

Considering the Brand value Nissan has in India, this is correct pricing. They had no other option but to try with lower pricing, else nobody would have even bothered to have a look at it. Base variant pricing looks attractive but need to check complete list of features in it. Sad that it's only for one month and it's just a marketing gimmick, nothing else. Nissan was closely following Skoda Rapid I guess.

Top end variants are not that cheap. It's interesting to see if people buy it or not. Generally normal people run away from flop brands.
Old 2nd December 2020, 18:23   #563
Senior - BHPian

Forget Brezza, I wonder why should anyone buy the Baleno CVT. Nissan is
- surely better than the Baleno build
- has better safety features
- has more equipment variant on the variant
- has more or equivalent interior space
- better and convenient boot design
- has better ground clearance
- Has more power and relatively newer (if not better engine)
- Better quality and shifting CVT
- Way better ride quality

The price difference on-road is less than 50k without factoring in discounts on Baleno.

Only Baleno pros are a wider service network, UV cut windows, and better ARAI FE.

I think people sitting on the sidelines to buy a new car in this price segment should just book this. Most likely they would get a 2021 model as well with the introductory price if there is decent rush/success.

The Magnite is not creating a new segment but will eat into the sales of premium /mid-sized hatches, compact sedans.

Magnite does not have the most powerful turbo engine, not the fast DCT technology, neither the best rugged Ecosport build, nor 6 speed manual, not as much market reach like Maruti, Hyundai; nor class leading interiors etc; but the product is simply the best value without much to complain. Everything about it is at the accpetable+ levels which is its USB.

Nissan's success is not important for just the company but also for the consumers. India loves products that are value and not products that are cheap and this product has the ingredients to demonstrate that and make the consumer market more value focussed.
dipen is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 18:42   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
Which one would be better according to you guys.
It depends on a lot of factors. Santro has amazing low-end grunt without a doubt. If drivability is a prime concern, Brezza will always have an upper hand due to its higher engine displacement. I have experienced this engine in the Ciaz and its easy-going and composed nature is evident from the get go.

If you're going for an automatic though, Nissan Magnite is a worthy contender because 1) it is much better priced, and 2) CVT will compensate for comparatively weaker low-end.

Last edited by self_driven : 2nd December 2020 at 18:43.
self_driven is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 19:07   #565
BHPian

Just came back after seeing the car @ the showroom.

The car is the smallest sub compact SUV in the market and it looks small too. It is small in the interior also, and it looked smaller as I went in my S-Cross.

After seeing all reviews had minimal expectations and so I am not disappointed.
  • The body metal is not bad as I expected. The doors close with an acceptable sound- not a strong thud though; the bonnet lid is not as light as expected.
  • Rear seat offers decent thigh support, almost par with what I have in my S-Cross. The leg room is also adequate. The width of the seat is the only thing I am not ok with, but I cannot expect more from a car of this size.
  • Boot space is also decent and seats have 60:40 folding, which should do the job.
  • Visibility from driving seat is great. I am just 5'5" and I could see the corners of bonnet.

Overall I am ok with Magnite and Pricing is also tempting. They are launching the vehicle in Kerala on 5th Dec and only 2 turbo manual display cars were available with the dealer. Renovation works of the showroom is going on for the launch.
Test drive vehicles have not arrived yet and I will take a decision after driving the turbo CVT Magnite.

Last edited by dudevarkey : 2nd December 2020 at 19:09.
dudevarkey is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 19:08   #566
BHPian

The best safety provided in the Magnite is the rear wash wipe with defogger, from the base variant itself. This is as/most important factor (than the rear parking sensors) to consider, while evaluating this among the competition. Especially in the extreme cold conditions of North India, and monsoons throughout the country.

Hope this becomes a trend with other manufacturers.

Last edited by Vinod_nair : 2nd December 2020 at 19:10.
Vinod_nair is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 19:42   #567
Senior - BHPian

Welcome back Nissan! Your Magnite not only surprised us on the pricing front, but also surprised us on how it can pose as a threat to hatchback segment too

I have one question - what does your car offer with respect to safety rating? I hope there’s no compromise on the safety front while trying to be aggressively competitive on pricing.
Old 2nd December 2020, 19:44   #568
Distinguished - BHPian

CEAT announces association with Nissan for supplying wheels for Magnite SUV. CEAT will be supplying the SecuraDrive range of tyres for all models of the Nissan Magnite.

Lining up the Magnite against other compact SUVs

Nissan Magnite Review-20201202_195631.jpg

Nissan Magnite in white colour at Vision Nissan Datsun Automobiles Bhiwani dealer.

Nissan Magnite Review-fb_img_16069181230098116.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-fb_img_16069181275358134.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-fb_img_16069181324941618.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-fb_img_16069181364354152.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-fb_img_16069181417260675.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-fb_img_16069181457357589.jpg

https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...904415043.html

https://www.facebook.com/10005063860...71167/?app=fbl

Last edited by Venkatesh : 2nd December 2020 at 19:58.
Venkatesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 19:44   #569
BHPian

Just had a look at the brochure. And boy, I can't find any essential missing in the top end variant. In fact, they have given so many nice-to-have features like TPMS, 360 view, and even wireless smartphone connectivity! Many cars costing twics as much don't have them.

This needs to be test-driven asap!
pseudo_coder is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 19:44   #570
BHPian

It would be great if we could learn more about the cost cutting strategies used by Nissan here. It might become a case study for engineers. 5 lakhs for a car that has almost all necessary features is very impressive. The only clue I have is that they used parts which are common across the Kwid, Triber models but even then it is a big achievement from Nissan.
Cessna182 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks