Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2020, 23:17   #391

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

With the Magnite, Nissan aims to make a comeback in India after being nearly dormant for a good amount of time. If this product fails, Nissan will have no other option but to exit India. After watching the reviews I can say that overall it is a really good product. And if the rumoured pricing of 5.5 L to 9.5 L is true, it will definitely create a lot of sales for Nissan.
These are my complaints or points that I am not too happy about Nissan Magnite.
1. The Hard touch plastics all around the dash(But if the rumoured priced is true, don't think many will complain about it)
2. The lack of diesel.
3. The sales and service network of Nissan.(Their biggest setback)

Am sharing a video by our very own BHPian Alpha Petrolhead which gives a really good insight about Magnite.

F1 Freak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 00:19   #392

This review is by BHPian Zahoor23
The same guy who pointed out I initial niggles in the Thar during his review : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4901476 (Mahindra Thar Review : First Drive)

Worth a watch.
RedlineVJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 03:55   #393

Really hope this product pays off for Nissan. From the looks of things they’ve got everything the mass market consumer desires and more. Only space lacking would be safety. This could have been their USP even before GNCAP testing by pulling of a ‘Yaris’ and offering >2 airbags as a standard from the base model.

I personally I only used Nissans overseas as rented cars and they have been really good experiences. Really hope Nissan get to a point in india where they are able to get world class vehicles into india and have the customers and sales and service network to make it possible.

Comparing the competition’s build quality to Kia and Hyundai is a two way street. One should also then mention / compare their brakes as that is a more basic and critical feature.

Dear MODS - If the last paragraph is out of line please do remove it and apologies for the same. It just had to be said for the sake of fair competition.
DieselTurbo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 06:15   #394
Senior - BHPian

I loved the looks - it’s mean and promising from all the angles except for the weak sized alloy and design. Maybe 17inch with thick tires would make this car look dashing on road Good job there, Nissan! I hope you stay back and give us indians more good cars with time.

I do realize everyone’s comparing the part quality with Koreans, which is fair enough. But, I’d like to see a day where vloggers and content writers compares the safety / build quality of cars straight against our homegrown Tata & Mahindra’s, because they’ve set the benchmarks with strong cars on offer, which is now a basic necessity than a feature that should sit as a criteria in every Indian shortlisting or purchasing a car!

Good luck there, Nissan! Bring us Diesel, please!

Regards

RV
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 07:56   #395
BHPian

Our market needs Magnite to be a success, so that the Koreans and MS are kept in check and their prices too( top of the line Sonet goes up to 15L)

Further as Reinhard mentioned it’s really heartening to see Nissan not skimping on basic safety features like REAR WASH WIPE and Adjustable Head Rests in all variants unlike other CSUVS and overpriced hatchbacks.

Really only thing left is Crash test ratings. Other than than Nissan MD has assured to increase the no of Dealerships dramatically!

Let’s see how do they manage the large influx of people in their dealerships.
buntee90 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 08:04   #396
BHPian

Vehicle started reaching showrooms, official display by 25th and test drive starts by Dec first week - info from a dealerNissan Magnite Review-fb_img_1606011593568.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-fb_img_1606011590419.jpg
starke is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 08:33   #397
Senior - BHPian

After being around for so long, Nissan has only itself to blame on it's failure in India. You can't pin your hopes on just one product and hope for it to revive the fortunes of the company. Nissan dealerships and service centers are disappearing at an alarming rate in big metro's. Magnite though a good product will remain a fringe player.
Old 22nd November 2020, 08:37   #398
BANNED

Great preview @Aditya sir.

I for one have just fallen in love with this new Compact SUV. I love the way it looks from almost every angle but detest the design of the alloys. This would surely be the bread and butter model for Nissan in India and if they manage to get their pricing right, this car would easily eat the other C-SUVs and Premium Hatchbacks alive. Good going Nissan!!

Somehow, unlike other Japanese manufacturers (Toyota & Honda), Nissan has not gotten its marketing skill in India up to the mark. If they improve this and their after sales, Nissan would definitely be one of the top manufacturers in India at least. I hope to see more cars like the Magnite from Nissan.

P.S. - I want Nissan to bring the Teana back in India so badly. I miss that V6 engine and that chauffeur driven experience.

Thanks.

Last edited by Tachyonites : 22nd November 2020 at 08:38.
Tachyonites is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 08:56   #399
Senior - BHPian

You're right. Besides, the problem in Bangalore has been the solo dealership itself opposite the museum, who just wasn't bothered, and withered. That hasn't gone away. So the problem remains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
After being around for so long, Nissan has only itself to blame on it's failure in India. You can't pin your hopes on just one product and hope for it to revive the fortunes of the company. Nissan dealerships and service centers are disappearing at an alarming rate in big metro's. Magnite though a good product will remain a fringe player.
Old 22nd November 2020, 09:05   #400
BHPian

Splendid review as always.

Nissan has given this product all it has and it is quite evident. All that remains up for chance is how they play the value card. If priced close to Korean twins or Tata/Mahindra's CSUVs the product will fail as I feel people would just stretch their budget and get the other CSUVs. Reason being Nissan lacking sales and support locations and somehow it does not feel as desireable as the other cars I mentioned.
Old 22nd November 2020, 09:12   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Nissan is failing in other countries too. Nissan’s financial results are growing increasingly grimmer, and they aren’t the same brand anymore who built quality cars for the USA market and were head to head with Toyota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyonites View Post
This would surely be the bread and butter model for Nissan in India and if they manage to get their pricing right, this car would easily eat the other C-SUVs and Premium Hatchbacks alive. Good going Nissan!!

P.S. - I want Nissan to bring the Teana back in India so badly. I miss that V6 engine and that chauffeur driven experience.
This is Nissan’s last chance for India. They have to get the pricing right or they won’t survive.

I love the Teana too, we actually had the 2005 Altima in the United States, and how we wish we had it even now! There are plenty of V6 lovers, (I love the accord V6 too, and waiting for the Camry V6) but D Segment sedans is a dying breed. With more people buying SUVs and Crossovers, Nissan should not make the mistake of launching an overpriced CBU D Segment sedan just yet.
EightSix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 10:41   #402

Amazing short review.
I hope this car sells well as this car is a do or die kind of situation for Nissan. The car looks scintillating and this colour makes it more appealing. A good GNCAP rating will make matters better for them.
All the best Nissan.
Old 22nd November 2020, 10:43   #403
BHPian

After seeing at least a dozen Youtube reviews in last 2 days, I have found almost all reviewers are on the same page about the below:

Pros

- Striking exterior look. Its one of the best looking C-SUV and a head turner.
- The X-Tronic CVT is beautifully mated with the 1 lit 3 cylinder turbo pot. It's a breeze to drive this in both city and highway specially in city with less turbo lag.
- X-Tronic CVT is much less rubbery than the conventional CVT.
- Good ride quality.
- Class leading back seat space in terms of leg room and knee room without compromising boot space. Kudos to Nissan engineering team for carving out so much space even though Magnite is one of the narrowest and shortest in the segment.
- Feature loaded which will certainly appeal mass market.
- functional roof rail which support till 50kgs. Most of the C-SUVs are having it for show-off.

Cons

- Light steering although a boon in city but feels disconnected in highway drive. Feedback is not good. I hope Nissan will improve this.
- Slight vibration when engine is idling. Improvement scope for refinement.
- Engine becomes vocal over 4500-5000 rpm. It's creating lots of cabin noise. Insulation can be improved.
- Slight body roll at high speed cornering.

I am astonished to see, very less reviewers have mentioned about the safety features provided in Magnite - specially ESP, rear defogger and wiper(standard) something the Korean duo has converted into premium features in India over the years.

No new product can be 100% perfect, having said that, it seems that Magnite has ticked all the boxes that Indian consumers are looking at this price point in this heavily contested segment. With news of showrooms slowly opening up nationwide and Industry genius Rakesh Srivastava behind the project, my gut feeling is, Magnite can pull off the sinking ship of Nissan in India.
Deadpool is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 11:07   #404
BHPian

Some pictures of the Nissan Magnite in white.
Source: Facebook

Nissan Magnite Review-fb_img_1605971095476.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-fb_img_1605971098317.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-fb_img_1605971103817.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-fb_img_1605971133893.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-fb_img_1605971100740.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-fb_img_1605971126921.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-fb_img_1605971129208.jpg
ATRONIX is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 11:35   #405
BHPian

I think overall this is quite a complete car and wearing a nissan badge itself will help its sales (as opposed to Datsun). I am interested in the base model of naturally aspirated petrol as it seems a really good value. Will have to wait for detailed review though.
gatsby_great is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks