Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2023, 21:51   #1591
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
We secure an auspicious delivery date of 8/25. Furthermore, it worked out perfectly since my brother had a break from work during that particular week. Fortunately, the dealership was accommodating and agreed to store the car in their parking lot until we could pick it up. To keep us updated, the Sales Executive sent a screenshot of the mileage displayed on the odometer after completing registration
Congratulations on your new car ! The black Magnite gives off a classy vibe, wish you many enjoyable rides in the future.
Old 15th October 2023, 22:04   #1592
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2513973
20 Years of Memories: Our Wagon R's Endearing Journey
Our trusty old Wagon R began to show its age after faithfully serving us for the past 20 years.

Congratulations on the magnificent Magnite. Black looks dashing. Wishing you many happy miles.

May I add your Wagon R is well maintained, doesnt look 20 years! Hats off!!

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th October 2023 at 23:21. Reason: Minor clean up edits.
Old 16th October 2023, 02:56   #1593
BHPian

@devil_klm

20 years with the same car goes to show how well rounded the product must've been for your use. Congrats on your new steed. Maintaining Black colour in our dusty environment maybe a chore, but oh boy, what a looker she is. Hoping your Magnite remains a trusted companion as your Wagon R did.
Old 16th October 2023, 17:16   #1594

Quote:
]
20 Years of Memories: Our Wagon R's Endearing Journey
Congratulations....

After C3 Turbo the Magnite/kiger turbo cvt were the only car I would have chosen. But the c3 turbo manual with it awesome comfortable riding ability nudged me towards saving money and getting a fun to drive manual for now and upgrade to a bigger car later when I actually need a bigger car coating 20l rupees.
Old 16th October 2023, 23:22   #1595
BHPian

Congratulations your new ride. Wishing you many joyous and safe miles ahead!

The Magnite Turbo CVT is a very good choice in its segment and it looks dashing in that shade!
Old 18th October 2023, 15:03   #1596
BHPian

My magnite was involved in an unfortunate accident where the entire left side was damaged - the door had to be replaced. Gave it to Brite Nissan Noida for repairs under insurance and the whole experience was very nice / smooth. Helpful staff, no issues with insurance claim and the replaced door looks good. Paint finish is not as good as factory but the dealership experience was much better than Neo Nissan.

Glad that Nissan opened a new dealership in NCR to replace Neo Nissan. Just hope the service standards continue to be maintained in the future
akg7091 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 16:17   #1597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
My magnite was involved in an unfortunate accident where the entire left side was damaged - the door had to be replaced. Gave it to Brite Nissan Noida for repairs under insurance and the whole experience was very nice / smooth. Helpful staff, no issues with insurance claim and the replaced door looks good. Paint finish is not as good as factory but the dealership experience was much better than Neo Nissan.

Glad that Nissan opened a new dealership in NCR to replace Neo Nissan. Just hope the service standards continue to be maintained in the future
Hey, glad to hear you are okay and happy with the service post incident!
Transmission is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 22:59   #1598
BHPian

Quick update - the car alarm went off yesterday night. Happened 2-3 times today as well. On a quick check the left side door that was replaced with a new one isn't locking properly. Will have to get this checked at the dealership. Hope Nissan improves training on such things / adds a lock check to the door replacement QC check list so this doesn't happen to other customers.

Will visit the dealership in the next few days to get this resolved
Old 20th October 2023, 13:50   #1599
BHPian

Dropped the car off at Brite Nissan and guess what - met Rakesh Srivastava sir ! The workshop was being inaugurated today by NMIPL.We joked around a bit because Rakesh sir is so easy and affable to speak with. Wish NMIPL all the best for the future. Wish we see a day when Nissan is more desirable than Honda !
Old 26th October 2023, 23:54   #1600

Congratulations.
I have owned the magnite turbo vx mt for just under 3 months now and loving every bit of it.
I believe the Magnite deserves more accolades than what it gets.
Happy motoring, enjoy your ride.
NS
Old 14th November 2023, 10:35   #1601
BHPian

Hi All,

I've had the misfortune of receiving a dent and a few scratches to my beloved car today.

Below is the dashcam footage

I'm thoroughly disappointed and sad about scratches to my car! I keep thinking if there was a way I could have avoided this. Perhaps I should have pilot braked before actual braking. I didn't think my braking was so sudden as to be considered as an emergency halt!

Should I claim insurance for these scratches? What would the cost be!

I know I should expect scratches and dents to cars in the city but this is heart-breaking!

I asked the motorist if he was ok and then asked him why he didn't brake! He said blandly that he braked but the vehicle didn't stop. I can however see in my own dashcam footage he was in fact accelerating while my vehicle was slowing down. He should have seen my brake lights come on!
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-pxl_20231114_012503418.jpg  

Nissan Magnite Review-pxl_20231114_012513209.jpg  

vamsi.vadrevu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 11:37   #1602
BHPian

That is so disappointing to see. I've had a fair few incidents with bikers as well albeit at slower speeds, so kinda got away with minor scratches. I think an FNG can get it done for a reasonable price without insurance. I have only used my insurance once for a Rs 30,000 odd job and had every other dealer quoting that repair while selling my car.
jomyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 11:54   #1603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomyboy View Post
That is so disappointing to see. I've had a fair few incidents with bikers as well albeit at slower speeds, so kinda got away with minor scratches. I think an FNG can get it done for a reasonable price without insurance. I have only used my insurance once for a Rs 30,000 odd job and had every other dealer quoting that repair while selling my car.

Will FNG be able to remove such dents and re-paint? Isn't it more prudent to get insurance and have it done at Nissan workshop? Is it much better quality of work if we get it done outside?
I know the color is white so ideally it should be easier to color match when re-painting the plastic bumper. I'm just confused and clueless as to what I should do. I don't want to end up with too much cost and a shoddy job!

The damage to metal bit is one single line of a dent. The plastic bits have taken most of the damage and, to me, it looks like a simple re-paint might fix it.

This white color is called Storm White. I don't know if this is a rare color to find on the market.
Old 14th November 2023, 12:19   #1604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.vadrevu View Post
Will FNG be able to remove such dents and re-paint? Isn't it more prudent to get insurance and have it done at Nissan workshop? Is it much better quality of work if we get it done outside?
My white Xcent was rear ended by a Creta at a red light and it looked like a major repair cost. I claimed insurance and got 30,000 from Acko, but the FNG quoted 25,000 and I kept the rest in my hand. The end result was fantastic, as good as new, I wouldn't know the car had an accident. You can still get quotes from your FNG as well as Nissan and if there is not a significant disparity, you would be in better hands sticking to the Nissan workshop.
jomyboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 22:36   #1605

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.vadrevu View Post
Hi All,

I wanted to know how you had performed the break-in for your new car. Should we get the engine oil changed at 2000km (the first free inspection)?..... I intend to get the CVT fluid replaced at 30000km intervals just to have a peace of mind for Nissan's CVTs).
Fortunately, I didn't travel much first year, so my engine oil got changed in my first service. From the little understanding I had, its the cvt fluid you should be most worried about, although its probably better to get engine oil change at 8k(or even less) too, better to be safe than than sorry, it doesnt cost much either.

I too intend to get cvt fluid changed after 30k km(or even earlier if car didn't travel much). And just for everybody's information, this is recommended by multiple sources. It is of utmost importance that you change the cvt fluid earlier to avoid the infamous Nissan cvt breakdown issue, which can end up extremely costly (don't just take my word for it, research it yourself too, you'll know). is a useful video too, which describes symptoms to watch our for and precautions to take.

On a side note, did anyone get the cvt cooler upgraded? (this is suggested in the video). And, did anyone get cvt fluid changed? How much did it cost? Did the service center give you any hard time when you asked for it?

Most Viewed