Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2023, 17:12   #1561

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince707 View Post
Went to the Okhla Nissan showroom with Wifey yesterday. We test-drove the CVT vehicle and both of us took turns. I liked it except for the weird noise while braking at slow speeds. The interior quality was so-so, I didn't like the feel very much. But nevertheless, the VFM proposition of Magnite is unmatched. The salesperson discussed the pricing and offers after the TD and showed me the official mail from Nissan regarding the price hike starting in August. I was disheartened as I was planning to take it by August end. Also, Red color CVT variant wasn't available readily. What further disheartened me was the salesperson saying that the price won't be frozen after the hike is announced, even if I make the booking now.

During the test drive and the discussion around pricing, wifey maintained a strange silence, I felt that something was amiss. After we walked away from the dealership, I asked her, why she was silent and how she felt about the car and the overall experience during TD. She then finally gave her verdict in a one-liner "Wo feel nahi aayi is gaadi me" (I didn't get that feel). I asked her what kind of feeling she was expecting, to which she said "Magnite andar se baithne me premium nahi lagi utni" (Magnite doesn't feel premium from inside). The she immidiately directed me to the Tata Showroom a few hundred meters away, and we checked out Nexon and test drove the AMT version. She looked quite satisfied with the experience and said to me "Nexon lagti hai feel wali gaadi, bahar andar dono se" (Nexon feels like a great car both inside and outside). Now that she is fixed on to Nexon AMT, my Magnite CVT dream is broken :( . Magnite CVT was the only proper automatic car in my budget 11-12 OTR, but now we'll soon be booking Nexon AMT at a dealership near our place, because waiting for the Nexon facelift would be futile, as there is no hint about its launch dates (most probably it will be launched after December) and prices will further increase by then. Moreover, the DCA Nexon will definitely be around 13-15 OTR.

With this price hike, it would be difficult for Magnite to retain the most VFM Sub 4 m SUV tag. Especially for the CVT XV trim, which is just below 10L ex showroom, if it goes beyond 10L, people will have to shell out 30-50k more on registration charges in many states.
Why dont you try kiger RXT/RXZ ? It has better interiors than magnite. Most of the other features are almost same.
Old 12th August 2023, 17:26   #1562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax_rak View Post
Hi All

While I'm writing this review, my beloved black beauty has crossed 74000 km and is still going strong.
74K kms? Whoa, that's probably what I'd do in not less than 6 years.

Does your work involve a lot of driving, if I may ask?
Old 13th August 2023, 12:06   #1563
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All

3. Right side DRL had become yellowish colour. Service center had suggested replacing the DRL. Cost was around 5000. So I have not replaced it yet. It ison hold as of now.
Madmax Thanks for the review.

Shouldnt the issue with DRL be covered under warranty? What excuse are they giving?
Old 15th August 2023, 19:26   #1564

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Shouldnt the issue with DRL be covered under warranty? What excuse are they giving?
Hi, standard warranty was already over. I have an extended warranty. But as per the service advisor lights are not covered under extended warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post
Does your work involve a lot of driving, if I may ask?
Yes. I work for a home appliances company and would be traveling 10-15 days in a month.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 15th August 2023 at 20:20. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the Quote+/Edit functionality to quote multiple posts.
Old 15th August 2023, 22:32   #1565
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, standard warranty was already over. I have an extended warranty. But as per the service advisor lights are not covered under extended warranty
One thing I have learned from Nissan SAs is that never to trust them, can you double check in the extended warranty booklet if it explicitly mentions that. Never take their word for it.

For anything we need to tooth and nail to get it with Nissan under warranty especially extended warranty. But once warranty is over magically issue start popping up.
Old 24th August 2023, 15:46   #1566

I noticed that certain driving styles can get good FE/Mileage on CVT. If you are already aware, please ignore, just sharing info.

It looks like CVTs hate acceleration(could be the same with manual too, but it looks like its worst with CVTs, my Access 125 bike behaves the same). The less time you spend pressing further down the accelerator the more FE/Mileage you are going to get. You can do either of below
1. Keep pressing down the accelerator linearly (don't want to put too much pressure on the engine/transmission) until you reach desired speed. Once you reach the desired speed, hold the accelerator where it is now to maintain constant speed.
2. Instead of holding the accelerator at certain level(as mentioned in #1), keep releasing and pressing the accelerator every now and then. You don't want to release the accelerator for too long, otherwise the speed of vehicle will drop very much and the burden to get up to the desired speed will be on the accelerating phase. I see this driving style in bus drivers.

I guess what I am describing above is nothing new and is just what is known as non-aggressive driving style. But just sharing this info so that this might come useful for fellow BHPians.
Old 26th August 2023, 14:43   #1567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
There is no jerk when shifting from any gear to D. The jerk happens only when I release the brake - even if its about 5 seconds after D had been selected. For clarity here is the sequence of events:
I assume this is the one you are referring to. The manual does indeed mention this behavior.

Name:  manual.png
Views: 847
Size:  28.2 KB

Was it a heavy jerk, or has the issue been resolved?

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd September 2023 at 03:46. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please don't quote large posts entirely. Thanks!
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 01:23   #1568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
Was it a heavy jerk, or has the issue been resolved?
It could be just this - I don't really hear a noise, only feel the small jerk.
Its not gone, still there just as much as before. Only that now I know if I release the brake quickly during the start, then there is no jerk most of the time, so that's what I do.

Its not a big deal to me as long as its not a malfunction...

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd September 2023 at 03:46. Reason: Minor typo. EDIT. Quote trimmed.
Transmission is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 14:41   #1569
BHPian

Quote:
It could be just this - I dont really hear a noise, only feel the small jerk.
Its not gone, still there just as much as before. Only that now I know if I release the brake quickly during the start, then there is no jerk most of the time, so thats what I do.
During the service, ask them to disable ABS and test this behavior. If the issue does not occur after disabling ABS, it could be related to the previously mentioned factor not a malfunction. If the issue persists, further investigation is necessary.
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 00:58   #1570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
During the service, ask them to disable ABS and test this behavior. If the issue does not occur after disabling ABS, it could be related to the previously mentioned factor not a malfunction. If the issue persists, further investigation is necessary.
Yeah, that's probably the best course of action. That said the service here in Bangalore is mostly by one chain (Surya Nissan) and the quality is pathetic. I have little faith in their abilities (or willingness) to help me with this issue - I fully expect them to try to convince me that everything is absolutely normal

In other updates, I have run a little over 4700kms now in 5 months and so far - touchwood - no issues from the car. Updates/adjustments/observations so far:
  • Fixed some minor rattling issues in the doors myself -
    * It was caused by the morons at the dealership ripping apart the plastic vapour barrier inside the doors like it didn't matter when installing the tech pack speaker upgrades. These torn vapour barriers vibrate when you have certain kind of uneven roads creating a weird plastic-sheet-vibrating sound.
  • A separate minor rattling exists on the front right window near the A-pillar/ORVM-panel somewhere, will check it out and fix it myself when I have some time with the car (hopefully sometime next month)
  • Recently got a proper upgrade on the sound quality - for free. Finally used that option called "loudness" in the audio settings - after ignoring it forever thinking its some stupid volume boost thingy - it wasnt. Its a major upgrade for the quality of sound. Bass is much more pronounced now (I use +4, 0, -2 for bass, mid and treble levels) to get a slightly bass-heavy sound. Music now sounds much fuller and a world better than before. I will install some dampening on the doors soon (I hope) and that should further improve the sound.
Transmission is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 09:34   #1571
BHPian

Quote:
I will install some dampening on the doors soon (I hope) and that should further improve the sound.[/list]
Could you please do a tutorial sort of post on damping if you're going to do it yourself? I'm very interested in doing the damping myself too. But I'm not confident if I'll be able to do all of it without breaking stuff. I'd recently installed dash cam (front and rear) on my own and felt fairly confident about removing the interior trim and putting it back without any problem. The wiring is not visible and was rather easy.

If the damping job turns out to be easy as well, I'm very eager to do it myself as I really love DIY
Old 28th August 2023, 12:48   #1572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.vadrevu View Post
Could you please do a tutorial sort of post on damping if you're going to do it yourself? I'm very interested in doing the damping myself too. But I'm not confident if I'll be able to do all of it without breaking stuff. I'd recently installed dash cam (front and rear) on my own and felt fairly confident about removing the interior trim and putting it back without any problem. The wiring is not visible and was rather easy.

If the damping job turns out to be easy as well, I'm very eager to do it myself as I really love DIY
Will do. My car ownership thread is also long overdue now. Life has been busy with one thing after another for a few months and never got around to penning down that thread either

Do you have any pics of the trims you removed? While I feel fairly confident with trim removal I still would like to know the location of clips (and types too if I can see them) so that I dont accidentally break anything while getting them off... So afar I have removed the door trims and the trims on the side/running board (and broke one replaceable clip in the process in the door). For the front + back dashcam I could get away with removing just one panel (the passenger side plastic running board cover)

There are nearly no usable trim removal videos for the Magnite, so I'd like to know about the other panels + dashboard clip/screws if you have any pics of disassembling them
Old 1st September 2023, 20:40   #1573

Can anyone share the version of the app installed in car?
I am from bangalore, and i am facing this peculiar problem of android auto getting disconnected whenever i am near the bellandur flyover approaching towards RMZ Ecospace.
Cant figure out whether its an issue with my mobile or the cars software. I am using OnePlus 6.
The exact error that I get is " The wireless connection with your phone is unstable. Please move your phone closer to the access point or connect via USB".
Anyone else faced same problem?
Does Magnite have list of supported devices?
Old 1st September 2023, 21:13   #1574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nj1611 View Post
Can anyone share the version of the app installed in car?
Does this happen when you have connected it via USB too (not just connected the phone to USB, but connected Android auto via USB > choose Android auto mode on the phone popup?)

I have driven that road a few times and dont recall any disconnects in Android Auto (I usually connect the phone to USB port, but use Android Auto wirelessly by selecting the USB connection mode as "Charging Only"). I play music most of the time, so if there was a disconnect I'd have noticed I think. My phone is Redmi Note 10 Pro Max.

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd September 2023 at 03:47. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please don't quote large posts entirely. Thanks!
Old 2nd September 2023, 00:08   #1575

Quote:
Does this happen when you have connected it via USB too (not just connected the phone to USB, but connected Android auto via USB > choose Android auto mode on the phone popup?)
I also usually connect the same way. Connect the phone to USB port for charging and use Android auto wirelessly. Will try with some other phone and check this is happening or not.

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd September 2023 at 03:47. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please don't quote large posts entirely. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks