Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2023, 23:45   #1486
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

I need some help. When I try to turn on my car, if I insert the key and turn on the ignition, wait for a couple of seconds and then try to turn on the engine by twisting the key forward, it gets stuck and won't move. I have to turn off the ignition and try again. However, if I try to start the engine without waiting for the motor or ignition to load, it works fine. Any idea what could be causing this issue?

Could any owners of the Nissan Magnite please verify the following behavior of the car?
Old 21st April 2023, 00:53   #1487
BHPian

I wouldn't worry too much about this jerk. On reading your post again, I feel I have experienced this with the civic as well. I know I will be bashed by the folks who swear CVTs are laggy / have a massive rubber band effect but the CVT on the magnite is very very smooth with little lag. If you are still in doubt, test drive another magnite cvt at the dealership and compare ?
akg7091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 13:18   #1488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudevarkey View Post
The part cost is 1250 + Labor charges. The labour charge will be on the higher side as it involves removing the wheel etc. For me they had waived off labour charges and gave 50% discount on parts.
I took my car to Surya Nissan in Bangalore. It was indeed an Bearing issue from rear wheels. My standard warranty lapsed in March 1st Week & extended warranty wont cover this part. I asked them to waive off labor charges and give good will discount. They refused Initially. Then they offered lower labor charges. Total damage to pocket was around INR 3180/-. I chose not to fight with Nissan as it would have been lot of headache. I may have to take my car to dealer again after negotiation & just a thought of going through outer ring road again to save, lets say 1500 bucks was not worth I feel.
Problem seems resolved after replacement. Thanks for the details earlier.
VaibhaoT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 17:26   #1489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about this jerk. On reading your post again, I feel I have experienced this with the civic as well. I know I will be bashed by the folks who swear CVTs are laggy / have a massive rubber band effect but the CVT on the magnite is very very smooth with little lag. If you are still in doubt, test drive another magnite cvt at the dealership and compare ?
Yes, . The CVT on the magnite is extremely smooth and very comfortable to drive. Why should anyone 'bash' you? . There are no CVT SMEs here. They just post their experiences and opinions.
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 15:30   #1490
BHPian

I agree too, Magnite has the best CVT in India absolutely smooth with not noticable rubber band effect.
Old 8th May 2023, 16:26   #1491
BHPian

Is the Magnite CVT exactly the same as the Kiger CVT? Or is it tuned differently?
Old 8th May 2023, 16:30   #1492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Is the Magnite CVT exactly the same as the Kiger CVT? Or is it tuned differently?
The power/torque specifications indicate that they are identical.
That said, the Kiger comes with 3 drive modes: Eco, Normal and Sport, while the Magnite comes with 2 Normal (unnamed) and Sport.
Transmission is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 09:42   #1493

A strange experience that I am sharing with all here. But I do it to make you aware that such a thing could happen.....

I drive a Magnite AT , and mostly drive alone with no co-passengers. I have the habit of keeping the key fob on the seat next to the driver , or the tray next to the driver ( left side ) or in my left side pocket or in the tray under the dashboard .
A couple of weeks back , I am driving and I hear the keys falling on the floor of the magnite. I say no big deal and continue driving. When I reach my destination and search for the Key Fob I cannot find it anywhere.

After many many thorough searches by me and my family, and being told that I am a complete fool and I dropped it somewhere on the road ( no one telling me how exactly I managed to do that ),I reconciled myself that i must have dropped the key somewhere else.

It kept nagging me however especially when I was very positive I did hear the key falling sound while driving ( and the cost of a new key hob being 7K ). I did not want to let it go . One fine day I looked in the interiors very very closely and realised that there is a small space at the bottom of the parking brake when the parking brake is lowered while driving where the key could slide through . I went to the Nissan service centre with my theory ( assuming that they too would laugh at my theory the same way my family did ) and they were very cool about it . They told me it happens a lot with Magnites and they had same issues earlier with key fobs being found in the cavity .

Long story short , they found the key in the cavity where the parking brake sits. I am not very technical from an automobile perspective and cant explain it further but in case you do lose the key, do take a look at that spot. I am guessing that this space will be in all cars when the parking brake is lowered so not a design flaw per se .
Nester is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 13:17   #1494
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan India has opened bookings for the Magnite Geza Special Edition, ahead of its launch on May 26.

Inspired by Japanese theatre, this special edition will get:

- 9-inch touchscreen
- JBL Speakers
- Trajectory Rear Camera
- Ambient Lighting with app-based controls

Nissan Magnite Review-20230519_131604.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 18:44   #1495

Thank you for your insightful information and observations. These had helped me in making up my mind to go for the Magnite CVT Turbo Premium, which I got delivered on 28 mar23 from YouWe&Cars, Okhla, Delhi NCR. Some impressions are given below, having done about 1600 kms.

There is a large amount of information, observations, comments and doubts in the forum about Magnite. Rightly so, as the learned members are very well informed and clueful and even perhaps - demanding. At my age, and life experience, maybe I am less so. But the details are enlightening.

YouWe&Cars:
An overall pleasant experience with the agency. Helpful and attentive people, well kept showroom, they look after the visitors. After completing the booking formalities (purchase thru CSD), it took about a month to get the car into my hands. They helped with the PDI, explained in detail about the various functions and gizmos.
I opted for the extended warranty and the service pack for 5 yrs - this was on the suggestion of another website's experts recommendations. Would defintely recommend this agency to others. Neo Nissan, I was told, was shut down by Nissan India due to some financial imbroglio! Though i did get my refund of the booking amount.

Magnite:
As said previously, this is my first automatic car. I drove the Ritz Zxi for nearly 10 years - a flawless and absolutely trouble free performance ! Now the Ritz has been handed over to my elder daughter for her daily commute to and from office and showing off to her hubby.

**__First impressions:__** The Magnite is a lovely car!!! Easy to drive, easier to handle and performs as expected from a NEW and ADVANCED car. Basically a family car, we still have not taken her for an extended drive on the highway, but I am sure we are going to be pleasantly surprised and satisfied.

I had test driven the Kiger and te Magnite on the same day, within few hours of each other, the overall experience of Magnite was better. The Kiger's insides were a little overwhelming and I felt cramped on the driver's seat. Driving wise, there was hardly any difference, but then, a few kms. drive is insufficient to really map this out.

2. **Regn Process: **I live, in Noida (UP), the car agency is in Delhi NCR and the temp regn was paid from their Faridabad (Haryana) office. So the Temp RC was entitled " Govt of Haryana", which was a bit confusing for me, till i was explained so by the agency. But due to this tri-state transaction, i still have not got the physical paper/card RC . I also was under the impression that the Temp RC is valid for 30 days and I should not drive out-of-state (my ten year old info), but it seems that nowadays it Temp RC is valid pan-India for six months. However, the bender is that within few days of the agency paying the regn fee, i got an SMS from the tpt authority about my actual regn number, which was then thankfully uploaded on the M'Parivahan app and Digilocker. BUT RC book is still missing!! It is nearly two months of ownership.

3. **Drive experience:** It is a fun car to drive. Took a little time to get hands-on, moving from a MT to a CVT. I have not noticed any jerks on the car moving from stationary, OR, if there were, i have ignored.
Being older and slower, I do move from P->N->D. I find the D placement a little counter-intuitive as I have to move the rod bckwards towards me for the car to go forward. Must be some very good reason for this.

4. Took some time getting used to how to set the cruise control. But its fun to drive that a way, albeit, not many roads in Delhi to be able to do say at a higher speed. Most of Delhi is now locked in at 50 kmph.

5. Have not used the sports mode, except once on a short highway run. I don't know when and where it will be useful and desireable.

**6. Random question: Should one use sports mode along with cruise control while driving on highways? (b) is sports mode useful/better for hill driving? I do hope that the car will be able to take on the heights of the northern hill stations without a problem. Any tips on safe hill driving the CVT are most welcome.**

7. Since, my driving is not much, i am not unduly concerned about the effective mileage - a major question for all of us since ages!. However, it stands to reason that maybe after 2-3000 kms, the mileage will actually settle down despite the number of factors affecting fuel efficiency.

8. Following from the above, indeed, my touch on the pedal has to be feather lite and that's fun. The power to the wheels is transmitted smoothly, no jerks, and very slight delay when moving from inertia. But it is very very good. And with cruise control on, the right leg can give company to the left - which is now not being use except to keep time to the music. The AV system is good and plenty of oomph on the sound volume.

9. The interiors are good, storage is spacious and the rear seat passengers have praised the seating and looks. The AC is effective and cools fast, when used properly. Outside temp is around 42 C, so bringing it down to 25/26 takes only a couple of minutes.

10. Magnite looks grand and different from most other similar looking SUVs or cars of this size.

11. To both, my wife and I, this is turning out to be a wonderful purchase and we strongly feel, that is going to be so in the next few years. Planning to take this on a longish drive soon.

12. These are fist impressions, written down hastily. Will try and follow up after the 'longish' drive. Best of luck, all.
mytorciar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 22:48   #1496
BHPian

Hello everyone!

I'm am considering the Magnite Turbo CVT XV Premium variant in Hyderabad. I stay about 10 minutes from Lakshmi Nissan (Nagole) showroom and service center and got to test drive the vehicle yesterday for a substantial amount of time.

I've only begun shortlisting cars to purchase, I'm quite confused and can't come to a solid conclusion yet.

I'm looking for a good city car with a proper automatic transmission (CVT, TC, DCT) and good ground clearance with safety and good power on tap. I was only able to shortlist Magnite, Kiger, Altroz DCA, Brezza VXI (6 speed TC) and Nexon XMA.

I had to discard Altroz because of low power, Brezza because of exorbitant pricing and Nexon for the AMT. Kiger and Magnite were the only ones that made sense to me.

I'm coming from a 2013 Alto K10 (my father's car) and so I found everything about Magnite quite good compared to the Alto.

I just have a few concerns before I take the plunge and I hope bhpians here might be able to point me in the right direction.
1. How is the service experience from Lakshmi Nissan (Nagole).
2. Are there going to be any transmission related issues with the XTronic.
3. Is the gearbox and engine fully manufactured in India?
4. Has there been any spare parts availability issues with Magnite CVT?
5. Have there been any stories of the CVT breaking down? (I literally read every single thread on Magnite and Kiger and couldn't find any).
6. Are there any special maintenance steps or activities that we must undertake for better CVT reliability?
7. If there are any past Nissan customers, could you please give your insights into your ownership experience?

Any help here would be highly appreciated and would make my buying decision easy! Thank you all in advance!
Old 22nd May 2023, 11:57   #1497
BHPian

Is the braking sound still an issue with newer cars or has Nissan fixed it in their 2023 model? Could somebody shed some light on this.
Old 25th May 2023, 14:51   #1498
BHPian

I had taken a TD of CVT earlier and today I again took a TD of the same car. I have booked a Punch AMT as my 2nd car primarily for city use. Now I am evaluating other automatic options till the time Punch arrives. I am open to cancellation of Punch. Also I actually don't need a 2nd car, as I am the only one in my family who drive now. Just because I am getting bored of driving one car (Vento TDI DSG), taking a 2nd one. A smaller footprint and higher seating car will be surely more convenient for city usage.

The engine & CVT combo of Magnite is way superior to Punch. Though AMT is kind of ok in Punch, the pick up of the car is too slow. Even then I am inclined more towards Punch for the following reasons-

1. 5 star safety against 4 star.
2. To me Punch looks better.
3. Interior of Punch feels better.
4. AC effectiveness is better in Punch ( from TD experience).
5. 90 degree door opening in Punch.
6. Punch will be more fuel efficient.

I still want to consider Magnite only for the power and seemless CVT it offers without perceptible rubber band effect. While TD I got the FE in MID reset and after the TD I got a reading of 13.5 kmpl. In same condition, my Vento would have shown 20 kmpl. While taking TD of Punch in another route, I got a MID FE of 17.5 kmpl.

I apprehend that Magnite CVT may be approx 4 kmpl less fuel efficient than Punch AMT, which is a concern for me. What kind of FE are you getting in Magnite CVT. I am confused which car should I go for. Any insights?

Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 08:38   #1499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
I had taken a TD of CVT earlier and today I again took a TD of the same car. I have booked a Punch AMT as my 2nd car primarily for city use. Now I am evaluating other automatic options till the time Punch arrives.
If you are looking for a 2nd car for city use, I suggest you look at the Tiago EV. An EV would be better suited for city use and the running cost is much lower than an ICE car.
Old 26th May 2023, 15:59   #1500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytorciar View Post
. I drove the Ritz Zxi for nearly 10 years - a flawless and absolutely trouble-free performance! Now the Ritz has been handed over to my elder daughter for her daily commute to and from the office and for showing off to her hubby.
Congrats on the new car. I too have a 10 yr old Ritz zxi at 47k it's still going strong without any issues. Hope you have a peaceful ownership of the magnite as you did with the Ritz.

Most Viewed