Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2020, 18:43   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaky_blinder View Post
Just received this picture of another Thar modified by Bimbra. I must say the beast looks rather menacing with this grill in single tone color scheme. I checked up with them and they say that they are yet to come up with the prices for these along with other accessories in R&D phase.
I absolutely love it. I will order his straight away as soon as it is available as long as it is priced sensibly.
Old 7th December 2020, 19:05   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I absolutely love it. I will order his straight away as soon as it is available as long as it is priced sensibly.
I would suggest you to hang on for a couple of months, you will have many more aftermarket add-on to choose from.

I liked the Azad 4*4 grill and bumper also.
Old 7th December 2020, 21:13   #678
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Hi Guys!! Can anyone here elaborate the actual procedure and implications if I change the colour or make any kind of modifications to my booking? It would be helpful if anyone has any experience regarding this.

Last edited by Pancham : 7th December 2020 at 21:24.
Old 7th December 2020, 22:58   #679
BHPian

Thar waiting peruod is now 9 months and the highest is for LX Petrol Automatic.

P. S. I've booked LX Petrol Manual

https://www.cartoq.com/all-new-mahin...aiting-period/
pariyadav is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 02:55   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I will try and find out. I dont think M&M will change the price retrospectively from a specific date (1 Dec). So not sure. Also, all the booking confirmations mention the price of the vehicle. So, that should not be the case.
Please get clarifications on this from the sales head. I have been hearing that although the ex-showroom price mentioned on the booking confirmation is old, auto manufacturers do have it included in terms and condition around the market price at the time of the delivery would apply. M&M is just trying to protect the bookings done till Nov 30 this year, anything done post that, even with the old ex-showroom price may have to be paying the new price (I wish they protect all till the new prices are announced, I booked on Dec 2)
As long as your check-in date in the system doesn't change when you change the color, it should be protected I assume.
Old 8th December 2020, 03:17   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pariyadav View Post
I doubt if the LX petrol auto is indeed the hottest selling variant.
Old 8th December 2020, 11:19   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstream11 View Post
I doubt if the LX petrol auto is indeed the hottest selling variant.
I think that being the hottest selling is not important but the bottlenecks for this model may be the highest. Hardtop is the most preferred and has to be sourced from some outside vendor (I've been told they are imported from Thailand), then the Auto transmission is again source from outside. The petrol powertrain seems to be the least produced among the two (as none is available even for TD in Delhi), production and demand for diesel is higher and the same engine in a different tune will be available in XUV500 and Scorpio too, here too diesel will be in higher demand.

Also, the market for petrol SUVs is said to be mainly in NCR.
Old 8th December 2020, 12:45   #683

hi,

I had checked on the day of my booking (11th November) whether any price escalations after my booking would be borne by me and the answer was very clear that the prices at the time of delivery and not booking would prevail.

I havent received any communication from Mahindra about the new prices and whether I am eligible for the older prices since my booking was in early/mid November.

rgds
Old 8th December 2020, 13:40   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
hi,

I had checked on the day of my booking (11th November) whether any price escalations after my booking would be borne by me and the answer was very clear that the prices at the time of delivery and not booking would prevail.

I havent received any communication from Mahindra about the new prices and whether I am eligible for the older prices since my booking was in early/mid November.

rgds
What CPD did you get? Mine is Aug 24.

I think the price hike was just a rumour but then my SA has not yet shared my OTR. After repeated follow-up she said "sir, price not yet received". Not sure what that means.

EDIT: My SA just called. Price is expected to be out by 15-17 Dec. Also, date of order placement by dealer has to be on or before 30 Nov. So despite booking on Nov 30, I am told I will be subject to the price increase since the dealer placed the order on Dec 2.

Last edited by Pancham : 8th December 2020 at 13:54.
Old 8th December 2020, 13:57   #685
Senior - BHPian

Slightly frustrating update :
I booked on the 4th Oct - Thar LX HT AT Diesel. The verbal date confirmed during booking by the SA was end November ( which I somehow knew will not work ). If you had read my earlier posts, you would remember the CPD I had was Jan 21st and this was per the email I had received.

I was casually texting my SA to see if there is any good news, and his response was that my earlier February month delivery will now be done ahead and can try looking at 29th Jan.

Frustration here is that I have received no written communication from either the Dealer or from M&M on the change of date from the 21st of Jan to the current date of February.

I don't know if there is some genuine issue in my case or if the dealer is simply not having the bandwidth or people to be in touch with the waiting customer. If I had not checked with the SA on my own, I would not even know that the delivery is moved to Feb from Jan.

I wish there was a lot more transparency and communication.

I am not on FB or Twitter, else I would have gone to #whereismythar on twitter and provided my comments there.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 14:05   #686
BHPian

Quote:
What CPD did you get? Mine is Aug 24.
While you might have given the booking amount to the dealer on the 30th of Nov but the dealer punched your order in the system on 2nd Dec. The price hike rumors were already doing the rounds since the 29th, the dealer should have been a bit proactive here. Could have saved you some moolah.

How long did it take the dealer to get you the CPD? I booked online on 30th Nov and have been chasing my chosen dealer for the CPD since then, I am yet to get it.
Old 8th December 2020, 14:35   #687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While you might have given the booking amount to the dealer on the 30th of Nov but the dealer punched your order in the system on 2nd Dec. The price hike rumors were already doing the rounds since the 29th, the dealer should have been a bit proactive here. Could have saved you some moolah.

How long did it take the dealer to get you the CPD? I booked online on 30th Nov and have been chasing my chosen dealer for the CPD since then, I am yet to get it.
I got my CPD today. So your dealer punched in the order on the day of booking? The very purpose of me booking on Nov 30 was to save myself from the price hike.

Why cant they consider the booking date and not the order date which is actually in the hands of the dealer.

Last edited by Pancham : 8th December 2020 at 14:48.
Old 8th December 2020, 14:46   #688
BHPian

Quote:
I got my CPD today. So your dealer punched in the order on the day of booking? The very purpose of my booking was to save myself from the price hike.

Why cant they consider booking date which is actually in the hands of the customer and not the dealer.
Thanks.
I decided to book it pretty late on 30th. So I had no option but to book it online. Doing so, I got a booking date and time stamp of 30th itself.

The online booking process just requires you to choose your preferred dealer who'd take care of the delivery process etc. So my booking process did not involve any actual dealer play.
Old 8th December 2020, 14:50   #689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.
I decided to book it pretty late on 30th. So I had no option but to book it online. Doing so, I got a booking date and time stamp of 30th itself.

The online booking process just requires you to choose your preferred dealer who'd take care of the delivery process etc. So my booking process did not involve any actual dealer play.
Just to clarify, I booked online late on 30 Nov as well. I too got the booking confirmation on 30 Nov. Thereafter, every booking has to go through a dealer and according to my dealer, the date they punch in the order has to be before 30 Nov for the old price to be applicable. Not sure if I am missing anything.

Last edited by Pancham : 8th December 2020 at 14:52.
Old 8th December 2020, 15:06   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Just to clarify, I booked online late on 30 Nov as well. I too got the booking confirmation on 30 Nov. Thereafter, every booking has to go through a dealer and according to my dealer, the date they punch in the order has to be before 30 Nov for the old price to be applicable. Not sure if I am missing anything.
This is strange because I categorically checked with the customer service rep at Mahindra to say that if I am to book before midnight 30th, then the booking is going to be as on 30th, period.

My order form (pdf) generated post payment had the status "order in process" on 30th. The status changed to "order confirmed" on the website on 1st Dec after the verification call from Mahindra.

I tried getting in touch with Mahindra again just now to check this confusion however no response, possibly given the bandh.
Slipstream11 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks