Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2020, 19:02   #646
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Do you see the piece of rubber jutting out of the windshield?
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-thar-first-drive.00_06_09_06.still001.jpg

The issue might seem small but I hope its not the part of the rubber that seals the windshield. Old Thars had a known issue of water leakage through the windshield. While taking delivery this was not there and the rubber is gradually coming out. I will go for my first service this weekend and get it checked.
OneLivingLife is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 20:13   #647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Have kept both bookings open and, depending on the delivery/ dealer experience, will take a call when they are ready.

PS - I haven't even seen the Thar yet in showroom
I haven't seen it either in the showroom, only a distant view of it being driven away on the road.

I have tried to understand some more from sales mgr at a dealer here. He confirmed that the price hike is definite. How much, is not known yet. They have not checked in the orders came after Nov 30. They are going to find out more details about the price hike in a day or two and only after that they are going to check-in the orders that have been booked post Nov 30.

So, if you have booked after Nov 30, with the same old price, using website. Those bookings may not have been checked-in, those bookings shall not be (as of now) protected from the price hike. They are going to let the customers know about the price hike and if they are okay with that, they shall check the order in; if not, they may refund the amount in full (for those booked From Dec 1 through the price hike day).

I booked on Dec 2, on my anniversary day, felt like I should have done that earlier Anyways, there may be a possibility that M&M shall protect all the bookings not just those till Nov 30, wishful thinking! I'm just hoping that price hike should not be that hefty, forcing me to cancel my booking. fingers crossed for now.
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 20:18   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Fellow BHPians -

Now, what would you guys suggest, go for an LX Hard top and look for soft top options in the open market or get the AX Optional and get the alloys and other stuff from the open market, on the AX I shall miss out on the BLD, ESP and other things that cannot be retrofitted.

I was about to book the AX STD and then came in the news that they are no longer accepting the STD bookings and with all the hooplah doing rounds, don't know if it ever open up.

Looking forward to your suggestions, thanks much.
Buddy very rarely do we find car manufacturers offer bells and whistles at a realistic price like on the Thar. Alloys, BLD , Touch Screen alone easily merit 60k, the other things are just an add on. Also getting all of these externally means days of research and multiple visits to various after market guys.
But if your itch for the soft top is real, there's another option, go for the diesel. If the 10 year rule bothers you, get it registered in Gurgaon with some help from a friend or family.Better resale with the diesel, you save a lot of money on registration and also get the LX Soft top!
Karan_n8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 12:23   #649
Senior - BHPian

So my number arrived and the Thar is at 980 kms and I may take it over the weekend for a longish drive perhaps to delhi / noida depending on mood.

I called the dealer and service is probably going to get done today. Shall update in the evening.
vkochar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 13:36   #650
Senior - BHPian

Friends, I am getting the New Thar delivered to me Today. The top model in rocky beige.
I do not know whether to be happy or not, but booked it on day one, went through so many hassles of booking getting cancelled due to 3rd party payment etc. Complained to Mahindras and immediately NBS their dealership at Mumbai came into picture, swapped the booking amount etc etc.
In meantime since the uncertainty of the Thar thrill loomed, went and Bought a Jeep Compass top model, which got delivered on 12th November. Had decided to cancel the Thar booking because of all the mess ups in the booking etc processes. Neway, spoke to someone at Mahindras, explained the matter, and here we go, got allotment, and am getting car delivered today.
Hope I enjoy it! Maybe use her for 6 months and then sell it off! Since it is quite impractical otherwise for city use, happen to be a senior citizen by now!! If I find her really good, maybe will send her off to my Khandala house for use on weekends there.
scooby05 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 15:57   #651
Distinguished - BHPian

2,569 units of Mahindra Thar dispatched in the first month of its launch.

Keeps Mahindra and Mahindra's hopes alive in eying the Fourth slot in the monthly sales.

Thar helped Mahindra grow an impressive 26% Y-o-Y .

Link
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 17:49   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
So my number arrived and the Thar is at 980 kms and I may take it over the weekend for a longish drive perhaps to delhi / noida depending on mood.

I called the dealer and service is probably going to get done today. Shall update in the evening.
Please tell them NOT to wash the engine bay or underbody with pressurized water - my Thar ended up with Water-in-Fuel and CEL warnings after the first service :(
ph03n!x is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 18:08   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Please tell them NOT to wash the engine bay or underbody with pressurized water - my Thar ended up with Water-in-Fuel and CEL warnings after the first service :(
Can the gas station and quality of diesel be a possible suspect?
Slipstream11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 19:35   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Thanks. They did none of these.

I was not present as my driver got it done. I had urgent work so had myself picked up from the service station.

Service done. Costed nothing. Was done on priority on request. Took 90 minutes. Excellent job. I have not driven it but intend to do driving tomorrow.

Shall advise if the drive feels any different. My driver did say it felt different in a good way.
vkochar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 19:45   #655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstream11 View Post
Can the gas station and quality of diesel be a possible suspect?
No, the most recent fueling was ~500 KM ago, and the service team has not suspected Diesel quality.
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 20:41   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLivingLife View Post
Do you see the piece of rubber jutting out of the windshield?
Attachment 2088892

The issue might seem small but I hope its not the part of the rubber that seals the windshield. Old Thars had a known issue of water leakage through the windshield. While taking delivery this was not there and the rubber is gradually coming out. I will go for my first service this weekend and get it checked.
I have not seen this in my Thar (it is black so had to check closely!). Keep us updated on what happens in the service, and see if you can test for water seepage too.
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 16:06   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
...but the LX does not come with a Convertible Manual Petrol.
I am unable to reason this out! Why is Mahindra not offering this combination, beats me!
Old 6th December 2020, 00:24   #658
BHPian

Did anyone get the delivery of Thar Manual Petrol ? Didn't hear or see much about it around so a little curious.
Old 6th December 2020, 02:26   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Did anyone get the delivery of Thar Manual Petrol ? Didn't hear or see much about it around so a little curious.
A friend of mine has booked it and his CPD is 23rd January. He booked on 2nd October within 20 minutes when the booking started. Also through Facebook he knows 3-4 people who have booked it. The earliest CPD amongst his contacts is 10th January. No TD/ demo/ delivery for petrol manual done pan India according to his sources.
Old 6th December 2020, 10:13   #660
Senior - BHPian

2020 Mahindra Thar Customised With Enormous 24-Inch Alloy Wheels.

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-mahindrathar24inchalloywheels2696x509.jpg

Quote:
Here, we bring you one such modified Mahindra Thar by KB Tyres, which gets a simple yet very flashy mod – a set of 24-inch alloy wheels. These mammoth rims have machine-cut finish and are shod with low profile rubber, which fills up the wheel arches very nicely. That said, low profile rubber deteriorates the ride quality, and decreases the off-roading capabilities as well. Seems like the owner doesn’t wish to take the Thar off-reading any time soon!
Read more at: https://gaadiwaadi.com/2020-mahindra...-alloy-wheels/
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks