Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2023, 01:17   #4921

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Came accross this video on youtube where a Mahindra Thar was given for service at India Garage in Peenya.

Rough Summary for people who don't understand Kannada :

The car was being serviced in India Garage Peenya which is a Mahindra ASC after it had complaints of engine over heating. The SA on the day of the delivery doesn't answer multiple calls after which the owner calls some other person in the ASC, this person reportedly says the only the fender has "touched" while test driving the car after rectifying the complaint and the car is being towed to the service center.

The owner immediately goes to the service center only to find the car severely damaged as shown in the video and after much deliberation asks for a replacement since he has taken care of the vehicle so well and has spent lakhs in modifications. This demand was refused by the garage.

The ASC has however agreed to replace all the damaged parts and repair the car at their own cost but the owner has concerns with the value of the car drastically decreasing incase he decides to sell the vehicle in the future since it will be taken as an Accidental vehicle.
Now the owner comes up with another option which is the garage buying back the vehicle in the present condition at the value of the car before the accident including the modifications which is about 23 lakhs,the garage values the buyback value at 11 lakhs which is not acceptable to the owner.

Finally the owner has agreed to get the car repaired for the time being at the cost of the garage and get it evaluated by an external agency after the car gets repaired and the garage settling the difference amount if he is not satisfied with the value.

So much for trusting an Authorized Service Centre with your dream vehicle. My intention to post this here is to highlight the incompetence of the people who call themselves experts meanwhile dragging the brands name through the mud.

Will have to wait for another video by the youtuber for any updates.

P.S: Watch video at 10:00 min time stamp to see the vehicle after the accident.
Vsh06 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 17:43   #4922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsh06 View Post
The ASC has however agreed to replace all the damaged parts and repair the car at their own cost
It would be prudent to still register a FIR because the owner (youtube owner who ever owns the red Thar) would never know what exactly happened. The FIR should name the driver and the Mahindra ASS should declare which employee drove the car. The Panchnama should clearly acknowledge the car was handed over the ASS on so&so date and the accident took place at the hand of the driver on so&so date/time and the owner was not involved in it what so ever.

Imagine if the mechanic/test driver has killed someone or hurt someone, that curse will track back to bite the owners boot down the line.

That clarified, the ASS was honest enough to accept to repair it, they won me as a future prospective customer. Just ensure they do not claim a insurance and please check the chassis for trueness and get it changed. That picture surely indicates the chassis has taken a deformity. Hope they do not heat and pull the crease back to shape.

God save the owner of the car.

Last edited by Aditya : 13th December 2023 at 17:39. Reason: Post trimmed. Relevant bits retained.
svsantosh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 18:22   #4923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Finally the owner has agreed to get the car repaired for the time being at the cost of the garage and get it evaluated by an external agency after the car gets repaired and the garage settling the difference amount if he is not satisfied with the value.
Earlier this year, my cousin's car was involved in a severe accident while the service technician was test-driving it, resulting in significant damage. As part of the settlement agreement, my cousin successfully negotiated a complete repair, along with an additional two years of warranty and complimentary free services.
tj123 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 14:39   #4924
BHPian

Dark tinted glass on Thar - How that is possible?

This is what I've noticed about Bangalore roads. It appears that at least 90% of Thars have dark black sun films on them. I want to know how that's feasible and if these cars have any special permission. Again, it's just my observation, and I'm interested to know why.
Old 14th December 2023, 14:53   #4925
BHPian

Re: Dark tinted glass on Thar - How that is possible?

These cars dont have any special permission. People do and will get challans if they have tints beyond permissible levels. I mean, Thar looks good with dark glasses and who can resist not putting tints on a Thar. Sole reason people do it is for aesthetics.
Old 15th December 2023, 17:26   #4926
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

My thar is due for delivery but slightly delayed due to accessories taking time to arrive.
My SA called up sometime back saying that she needs to generate a vehicle gate pass as today is the 15th day since the vehicle payment has been made (this is apparently M&M’s company policy)
Should I be acknowledging this gate pass thing on WhatsApp? She requires me to send an ‘Ok’

My question is: Will it interfere with the PDI process?

TIA
Old 15th December 2023, 17:37   #4927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto spawn View Post
My thar is due for delivery but slightly delayed due to accessories taking time to arrive.
My SA called up sometime back saying that she needs to generate a vehicle gate pass as today is the 15th day since the vehicle payment has been made (this is apparently M&M’s company policy)
Should I be acknowledging this gate pass thing on WhatsApp? She requires me to send an ‘Ok’

My question is: Will it interfere with the PDI process?

TIA
Can't you take delivery and fit the accessories later. Perhaps you can ask her to give in writing that you will be allowed the PDI?
Dippy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 17:50   #4928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Can't you take delivery and fit the accessories later. Perhaps you can ask her to give in writing that you will be allowed the PDI?
Since mine is the base model, it requires major accessories like music system, speakers, and a camera. I wasn’t sure that if after delivery the dealership will take out time and be cooperative after payment has been made.

Thanks for the advice, I have clearly informed her that delivery will only be taken after a satisfactory PDI.
Auto spawn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 18:33   #4929
BHPian

Need help from fellow Bhpians from Delhi - NCR region, my Thar's 10k service is going to be due soon, if you guys could suggest which would be the best service center to get it done from.

Does Mahindra have company owned workshops in Delhi as they have in Mumbai, similar to how Maruti has Maruti Service Masters here ?

Thanks in Advance

Regards
Dhruv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto spawn View Post
Since mine is the base model, it requires major accessories like music system, speakers, and a camera. I wasn’t sure that if after delivery the dealership will take out time and be cooperative after payment has been made.

Thanks for the advice, I have clearly informed her that delivery will only be taken after a satisfactory PDI.
Would suggest you to take delivery of your vehicle asap. Not trying to scare you but I personally don't like leaving even my years old vehicles with anyone let alone the dealership. Just scroll up this page to read the horror of an owner who has sent it for service. For showroom, its a sold vehicle so they dont care where they are parking it and who's driving it.

I understand your concern that they might not pay a heed to the accessories later on but its still not worth the risk.

Quote:
https://Youtu.be/L4LL7c7Q3Qs?feature=shared

Came accross this video on Youtube where a Mahindra Thar was given for service at India Garage in Peenya.
I fail to understand how people leave their valuable vehicles in the hands of service folks. We have umpteen posts on the forum where these drivers are seen driving recklessly.
I always make it a point either to be physically present or have my driver in the service center, its an annual activity and one spare a day for their precious toys.

Last edited by Sheel : 16th December 2023 at 17:49. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Old 15th December 2023, 19:35   #4930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
Would suggest you to take delivery of your vehicle asap. Not trying to scare you but I personally don't like leaving even my years old vehicles with anyone let alone the dealership.
Thank you for the prompt reply. These guys are forcing me to acknowledge the delivery challan/ receipt on WhatsApp.

Since I have outrightly refused, the delivery manager is requesting me repeatedly to acknowledge that the delivery has been taken so that their records are updated and he doesn’t get penalised.

I told him that I will visit the stockyard tomorrow morning to do a PDI then I will give a go ahead to which he’s saying that he needs to generate the delivery pass before 12 tonight.

The height is that he’s saying his CEO is on leave today. I think really need to escalate the scenario to higher ups as none of this is making sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Dippy ji, I managed getting in writing from the team that if there is any issue with the car they will take complete responsibility to fix it. They also claim that they have done a thorough PDI today morning.

Last edited by Sheel : 16th December 2023 at 17:48. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Old 17th December 2023, 08:56   #4931
BHPian

Hi Guys

I seek some a review on Thar servicing in Delhi. My Thar is coming up for its 10k service and as I had bought it from outside Delhi, I am looking for a good service center in Delhi/Noida region.

I have heard some strange stories about Mahindra's servicing history thus being a bit cautious.

Please help

Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 09:57   #4932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveLife View Post
Hi Guys

I seek some a review on Thar servicing in Delhi. My Thar is coming up for its 10k service and as I had bought it from outside Delhi, I am looking for a good service center in Delhi/Noida region.
You may go to Koncept sec 59. The service GM's name is Prakash. If you face any issues, let me know. I wouldn't recommend sec 2. These are both in NOIDA.

The key is getting the RO detailed in front of you and following up with the SA via whatsapp, is all.
wooka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 10:06   #4933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
You may go to Koncept sec 59. The service GM's name is Prakash. If you face any issues, let me know.
Hi Wooka

Thanks for your advise and offer to help. Will reach out if there are challenges.
May be going to him at end of the month once am back in India

Will keep you updated

Thanks again

Last edited by vb-saan : 18th December 2023 at 10:21. Reason: Quote tags fixed
LiveLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 14:38   #4934
BHPian

Is anyone using rogerab in their Thar ? Can just see installation videos on youtube but didnot find any usage review.

Link - https://www.rogermotors.com/productdetail/rogerab-duo
Old 18th December 2023, 19:45   #4935
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
Is anyone using rogerab in their Thar ? Can just see installation videos on Youtube but didnot find any usage review.
Please avoid, I'm a big fan of Rogerab for cars like the Civic, City etc. which have ground clearance issues on speed-breakers. But for something like the Thar, they are a complete waste of money. Don't mess with stock. In the rare event that you do, get something from a reputable vendor like AVO (although frankly, the 2023 Thars have very liveable suspensions).
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed