Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2023, 11:08   #4771

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeeprawat View Post
Not sure if they are selling these at a premium to customers who are willing to pay to get ahead in queue.
No idea on this but unlike ScorpioN or XUV700, Thar's booking cannot be tracked online by the customer and dealer has full powers to allocate to anyone he wishes. I've seen this situation in my booking as well.

Depending on color choice and city there could be some difference but all variants except 4x2 diesel are now delivered within 3 months as per my dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto spawn View Post
I was referring to the booking docket received from Mahindra on mail. It reads as delivery in 2025, whereas my dealer is promising 6-7 months wait time for the AX 4x2.
Don't rely on the booking docket from Mahindra. That's manually filled by dealer. To know your tentative delivery date (marked as CPD in their system), call Mahindra directly or mail them. You'll likely get 1 month before that date. Mahindra is intentionally showing longer waiting times to make us feel higher than actual demand but delivering vehicle earlier.
Old 21st September 2023, 19:38   #4772
BHPian

Few questions regarding a 2023 Petrol Thar and E20 fuel. Mods please move to appropriate thread if this is not the one.

1. From the VIN of my Thar, it is a April 2023 vehicle. And I was told it is BS6phase2. It it a given that all vehicles manufactured from April 1 2023 is bs6phase2? Or is there any other way in which i can confirm it is bs6phase2?

2. The rc says bs6 and not bs6phase2. Dealer says it is because vaahan server is not updated. Does this mean rc will only carry bs4, bs6, and not phase tags?

3. If it is indeed bs6phase2, is it e20 petrol compliant? The manual says use only max e10, but then the manual was printed in Jan 2023.

Any clarity on the above is much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img20230921wa0007.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2023, 10:31   #4773

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Standard Warranty - 3 years / 1,00,000 KM
Max. Extended Warranty - 5 years / 1,20,000 KM

I paid Rs. 16,199 for the 4th and 5th year.
Is this valid for RWD as well? Dealer is saying it's no longer available.
Old 22nd September 2023, 10:55   #4774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netbramha View Post
My Shield extended warranty purchase is from Nov 2020, so there may be changes in the T&C and pricing.

The best way to ascertain this is through the Mahindra With You Hamesha app that'll show you the status/ options of extending the warranty and cost accurately.
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 11:46   #4775

Quote:
Glad that you’re ahead of me by one year
That’s right, I booked the 4x2 diesel Thar today and that’s what I got from Mahindra, estimated date of delivery: February 2025
On a serious note, you should be getting your vehicle earlier since you’ve chosen a petrol powered Thar. Have you checked with other dealers in your city?
I think you are the lucky charm. The day you told this when I got a call from the dealer on the allotment!!!

Hoping to complete the formalities in a week's time. The dealer is dissuading me for the PDI.
netbramha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 14:03   #4776
BHPian

Quote:
I think you are the lucky charm. The day you told this when I got a call from the dealer on the allotment!!!

Hoping to complete the formalities in a week's time. The dealer is dissuading me for the PDI.
Glad to hear this!! 3 months of wait time is sweet for the 4x2 petrol. The only thing that is keeping me away from changing to petrol are the ethanol worries
I’m sure they’ll not be keen on PDI based on how busy the mahindra sales guys seem to be these days. I had to wait nearly 10 days for a home test drive.

What about insurance?
Are you getting it from the dealer or outside? Mine is quoting 66k for Zero dep which I’m finding very expensive.
Old 22nd September 2023, 15:45   #4777
BHPian

Quote:
Hi
I bought the extended warranty for 4/5 years in Mid July. It has to be available. The Hamesha app says 6 th year warranty is available for me. So the schemes should be available for all. By the way, my Thar is a RWD Diesel
Cheers
Rajeevsulu

Last edited by rajeevsulu : 22nd September 2023 at 15:45. Reason: Correction
rajeevsulu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 16:20   #4778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidbeard View Post
If it is indeed bs6phase2, is it e20 petrol compliant? The manual says use only max e10, but then the manual was printed in Jan 2023.
BS6.2 has nothing to do with E20 compatibility - these are two mutually exclusive aspects. For ethanol-blend compatibility, go by the owner's manual.
Old 24th September 2023, 09:25   #4779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto70 View Post
One question since I am sure you must've done your research before making the purchase - why did you opt for Aozoom and not others like IPH or AES which also give you the option to choose between different lights and are significantly cheaper. I am asking because 3500-4000 lumes should be helpful during fog that we commonly experience in north India while white light should be good in normal highway driving. Thanks in advance
Hi, I am not a big fan of night highway drives in fog. Had my experiences and its better to be safe than risk your life with drunk truck drivers. For light fog in city drives and mountains, headlight is good enough, had tried it.

My major concern was the black tarmac post/during rain that just swallows the yellow headlight as I explained in my post. So it had to be white light for my use case. Choice of Aaozoom was also on the same lines as I had seen different models of IPH and AES at different dealer locations. And everyone says that their version is better. So couldn't build trust on that. On the other hand Aaozoom had the same model available everywhere, and even checked with their wholesaler in Karol Bagh who mentioned the same model. So was convinced with the product.

Secondly, 3 lights in 1 housing doesn't make sense for me. Its like using a toy to play on road . Either go with pure yellow light fog lamps, so that finding the same LED in future is easy and also practically doable. It might be difficult to find a 3 polar LED in case you need to change it.

In my opinion, upgrades should be strictly as per individual's usage and liking. Blindly doing something that might/might not be based on your use case might result in overdo and also waste of money.

Think about the practical use case and go for it
Old 25th September 2023, 07:46   #4780

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
Hi
I bought the extended warranty for 4/5 years in Mid July.
Thanks for this. Will ask the dealer or check it once the car is delivered. Appreciate the quick response and help on this.

Quote:
Glad to hear this!! 3 months of wait time is sweet for the 4x2 petrol. The only thing that is keeping me away from changing to petrol are the ethanol worries or outside? Mine is quoting 66k for Zero dep which I’m finding very expensive.
They finally relented to the PDI. They will arrange it this week. But only at the showroom. Baffles me why would they risk getting the vehicle from stockyard and then moving it back there etc.

They quoted 65K for the insurance. After negotiating they have come down to 48K. So will just go ahead with them. Less hassle for me.

Do you have any plans to upgrade the wheels? Very confused on the right tyre size given so many options. My drive is entirely city and occasional trips. Hence getting the RWD in fact..

Last edited by Turbanator : 25th September 2023 at 08:08. Reason: Back to back posts, quoted post trimmed.
Old 25th September 2023, 12:35   #4781
BHPian

Quote:
Do you have any plans to upgrade the wheels? Very confused on the right tyre size given so many options. My drive is entirely city and occasional trips. Hence getting the RWD in fact..
Mine will be the AX variant that comes with 16 inch wheels, so was planning on upgrading them to the 18’s on LX variant as of now.
My dealer told me there are two options, one is to retain the 16’ wheels and purchase diamond cut wheels from them that retail around 78k.

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_3696.jpeg

Second would be to upgrade to the 18’ wheels with the OE alloys (same setup as your LX) that would set me back by around ₹1 Lakh.

My ideal choice would be getting big monstrous 20 inchers, but my family loves the OG Thar look so this won’t be possible as of now

Will recommend you to continue with the stock 18’ wheels since your primary drive will be in the city.

Last edited by Auto spawn : 25th September 2023 at 12:36. Reason: Adding more information
Auto spawn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 16:35   #4782

Quote:
Mine will be the AX variant that comes with 16 inch wheels, so was planning on upgrading them to the 18’s on LX variant as of now.
My dealer told me there are two options, one is to retain the 16’ wheels and purchase diamond cut wheels from them that retail around 78k.

Attachment 2508045

Second would be to upgrade to the 18’ wheels with the OE alloys (same setup as your LX) that would set me back by around ₹1 Lakh.

My ideal choice would be getting big monstrous 20 inchers, but my family loves the OG Thar look so this won’t be possible as of now

Will recommend you to continue with the stock 18’ wheels since your primary drive will be in the city.
Do you want to take my 16inch originals? With tyres.. can give you a good deal!
I am thinking of getting 275 Yoko ones... along with some good alloys.
Old 25th September 2023, 17:08   #4783
BANNED

Quote:

Attachment 2508045

20" wheels on Thar with a stock suspension will be nothing short of a spine punishment program. Even with the stock 18" it is like a pogo stick.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 20:30   #4784
BHPian

Quote:
Do you want to take my 16inch originals? With tyres.. can give you a good deal!
I am thinking of getting 275 Yoko ones... along with some good alloys.
You mean R18 right? Please correct me if I’m wrong but you’ve gone for the LX variant.
The OE rims sound good! Just that it’ll be atleast another 6 months until the car arrives and I can put your tires to use

You can checkout this website that I came across for rims: https://https://www.futurz4x4.in/tha...6+Tyres&page=2

I even came across rims by fuel and on Bimbra’s website that look good! Do let me know what you think about these rims

Last edited by Auto spawn : 25th September 2023 at 20:33. Reason: Correction in numbering
Old 26th September 2023, 12:16   #4785

Quote:
You mean R18 right? Please correct me if I’m wrong but you’ve gone for the LX variant.
Yes, my bad meant 18" ones. Thanks for the link.. checking them out.
netbramha is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks