Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2023, 07:28   #4696
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Does anyone have a rear-facing child seat in the Thar? I know they have isofix which means it should be doable but whatever vids and pics of the Thar I have seen seem to indicate it is going to be a task to even get the seat in.
Found a vid of the NCAP testing with front and rear facing seats (@ 1:41) but doubt how easy it would be in the real world.
https://Youtu.be/QNpq43759Kc?t=101
We use a chicco unico plus in the Thar in the forward facing direction fixed using iso fix and seatbelt. Was quite easy to install (definitely not as easy as it would be on a 5 door vehicle). I'm guessing rear facing should not be an issue with this because all you have to do is keep the base same and turn around the seat part and then get it fixed.

If you are considering a chicco product, here's a thing. We also have a chicco nextfit which we've been using on our rapid. The thing is, for long journeys, the nextfit would be more comfortable for the kid as there's lot of covering around the neck/head region which means when the kid is sleeping, the head doesn't whirl around and stays comfortably in place. So might have to swap out seats based on the journey type. We chose unico this time around as nextfit became prohibitively expensive this time compared to what it costed 3 years back.

Not sure if my DM and all works considering I'm a newbie - But happy to chat if you wish.
stupidbeard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 02:01   #4697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Does anyone have a rear-facing child seat in the Thar? I know they have isofix which means it should be doable but whatever vids and pics of the Thar I have seen seem to indicate it is going to be a task to even get the seat in.
I haven’t gotten the car till now for this reason. Fixing rear facing seat is possible but a herculean task. We were using evenflo pivot which comes with isofix base. Called thar for test drive, folded one rear seat from the back (the car seat cannot go inside by folding the front passenger seat), fixed the base and then fixed the car seat but then realised we cannot do this every single time. The reason for choosing Pivot was we can disconnect the car seat from the base and then attach it to the stroller and the process for thar made the whole concept useless, hence rejected Thar.

Now my kid has moved out of this and we have a front facing car seat. Should reconsider thar again
Astonite is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 01:58   #4698
BHPian

Are there sliding rear seat options in the market for Thar? Looking to move the rear seat forward to have more boot space.
(Context - my kid will be in his child seat in the back behind the driver and wife will be behind the passenger side and front passenger seat all the way to the front. Trying to sell the idea of idea of having a Thar)
Old 22nd August 2023, 09:35   #4699
BHPian

Truck-lite led installed in my Thar

Guys, I have done a DIY to install the new led headlights from Truck-Lite. Results are amazing , throw is much longer and brighter than the halogens and looks are beyond my expectation. There is a small led position lights as well (2 nos x led) in the middle which I connected to the park light wiring. Its absolutely beautiful when parking lights are on along with the DRL. This will go off while switched off and only DRL will function. Opening the bumper and installing the headlights is no easy task, there are zillions of screws and plastic screwets which needs to be uninstalled and installed back carefully. It can take a full half day to finish the job. However, outcome is amazing and so satisfying ! Few pictures are below for you guys to see.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_1722.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_1723.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_1724.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_1725.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_1726.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_1727.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_1728.jpeg  

highwaypatrol is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 08:16   #4700
Senior - BHPian

Don't trust the caption in the hoarding. Just buy Diesels , and hunt with Hawks..err..m Hawk !
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-20230823_080034.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-20230823_072059.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 23rd August 2023 at 08:21.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 22:16   #4701
BHPian

Guys! Need your help in here. Had opened bonnet to fill in washer reservoir. Saw this.

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-1.jpg

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-2.jpg

Please have a look at ECM connector too. I have encircled it in red.

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-20230823_220857.jpg

Is this battery about to give up? What could be the reasons for this and would this be covered in warranty?

It's just 12,500 kms on the ODO and about 16 months old.
Old 24th August 2023, 10:47   #4702
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...823_072059.jpg

Now you're just rubbing salt into my wounds
tilt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 13:14   #4703
BHPian

The service advisor mentioned the warranty is just for one year. Is it true? Just one year that too for Amaron?
Old 24th August 2023, 18:20   #4704

Problem with my Thar

Hello guys I am a proud owner of a September 2022 Thar Petrol Manual Hard Top and I am facing an issue with my car. My car makes a noise from the rear after running for a while say 60kms or about one hour of driving at highway speeds, it sounds like some metal parts rubbing against each other. At first I thought it was due some part touching the ground but that is not the case, also the noise is coming only from the rear it also happens when i am reversing with the steering wheel turned at a high angle. The way to replicate the noise is to drive the car around for about 1 hour or 40-60kms at mid to high speeds and then when I accelerate from say 1st or 2nd gear with the steering turned it makes the sound, during hard acceleration its almost a knocking sound and I can feel it in the steering. The noise wont occur after the car rests for 30-40mins after which it goes away completely also it does not happen when the steering is straight and when i am at 3rd gear or above in which case the car drives as normal. The problem will not occur in usual city commutes where the running is very less or if the car is driven at low speeds. I am very concerned about what the noise is and if it is drivetrain related apart from this problem my car has no issues. I would be happy to receive any advice or insights about what this issue might be and how big of a problem it is. I would also be happy to provide more information, details or specifics about the issue if required.

Last edited by TheDonGogoi : 24th August 2023 at 18:43.
Old 24th August 2023, 20:45   #4705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonGogoi View Post

Problem with my Thar

At first I thought it was due some part touching the ground but that is not the case, also the noise is coming only from the rear it also happens when i am reversing with the steering wheel turned at a high angle.
It is most likely your rear drum brakes, which are usually grabby.
When you are reversing at an angle and using the brakes to control the vehicle speed, it will sound like something is rubbing near the wheels (not a very pleasant sound). So, recommend cleaning the rear brakes.

I faced similar issues, when my Thar was fairly new. Now, 13K kms later, it is no longer an issue.

Thanks.
vaasu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 17:45   #4706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Rajiv drops in a query via this Team-BHP share page.
Is an image of the EGR part available?
I am going in for an EGR replacement myself in a couple of days (MT, D)
Old 26th August 2023, 23:21   #4707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeeprawat View Post
. I'm waiting for mine for a month already
Any one in NCR aware of current waiting period for Thar 4x4 petrol? Been waiting for 2 months and still SA is quoting Oct date

Any idea if possible to expedite this?

Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 23:45   #4708

Quote:
Any one in NCR aware of current waiting period for Thar 4x4 petrol? Been waiting for 2 months and still SA is quoting Oct date

Thanks
They say the official waiting for petrol is 2months but they can get the car arranged within a month with some luck.
Old 27th August 2023, 00:10   #4709
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
Though i have booked Petrol AT RWD in gurgaon, and already waited 6 weeks but still CPD date is showing as Nov-Dec 2023. For new bookings, they still quote 8-10 weeks. The dealers though say they will deliver in 2-3 months. I think you can try speaking with GM sales of your dealership. Or, check with Regional Sales manager of Mahindra. I am not sure if this will help expedite - but worth a try.
Old 27th August 2023, 21:14   #4710
BHPian

off beat touring in Yercaud with my Thar

Spent some good time in the mountains this weekend, in Yercaud. Visited the Tipperary Estate and did their off road trail. I must say, with BLD and 4WD (especially 4L) made the novice in me feel like an expert on the steep inclines and declines filled with large stones and grass!

Also did the loop road ride. Peeku park and sweet rascal were the other places.

Vehicles like the Thar pushes one to exploring some off beat places, and boy it was super fun.

Ended the trip with some nice coffee from the Cauvery peak coffee shop.

Random photo dump
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img20230827wa0005.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img20230827wa0006.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_20230826_151005.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_20230826_164416.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_20230827_211106.jpg  

stupidbeard is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks