Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2023, 09:11   #4666

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasu View Post
This is what I got installed from Mahindra accessories last year in Mar. It seems that design has changed from last year.

Attachment 2486391

Has sufficient depth for your sunglasses and some more stuff. However, interior storage finishing can improve.
It also does not render the existing cup holders unusable.

Attachment 2486390

Thanks.
I too got the same things installed. The build quality is not great though.
NajSaf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 10:28   #4667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I regularly joke about my Petrol HT AT Thar - as being my WRONGLER, my cut-price Wrangler et al.
It is indeed my trusty steed and utility lifestyle companion.
On two recent trips to Coorg and back this last couple of weeks including one on this weekend I could literally walk over some rather steep muddy slushy and slippery climbs to my friends house and the subsequent descent. The incline is about 38-40 degrees and is basically a narrow path with tight curves. Full of mud, slush, rocks and some little paving. In the wet, it is quite a climb. I can therefore only say how happy I am with my Thar.
It is just a tough-as-nails, no-nonsense, reliable, go-anywhere tourer. With the underbody protection and the upgraded suspension and the tumble-fold rear-seat modification, it is equally at home taking the curves at highway speeds, hurtling up and down those beautifully banked hill roads, braking without nose diving and drama and taking on any terrain in more or less any weather. One can literally attack anything fearlessly because it just inspires phenomenal confidence.
No wonder it is such a hit!
That’s madapur, is Al your pal ? Some great trails out there.
howler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 11:09   #4668
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
That’s madapur, is Al your pal ? Some great trails out there.
Yeah. We were all at School together. My Dad planted coffee in Somwarpet for a time. Good trails there too.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 23:28   #4669
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I have been getting this "warning" chime in my Thar (2023 Petrol AT) but there are no warning signs on MID. I checked handbrake, car door , seatbelt , tyre pressure but everything was normal. I switched off my car and restarted it and everything was normal.

I tried contacting service centre regarding this but they have no clue and couldn't help since it's not reproducible.

Does anyone have any idea about this or faced this issue?

I found a reddit link where OP had a similar issue :- https://www.reddit.com/r/CarsIndia/c...nd_i_cant_see/
BleueNinja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 16:26   #4670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
Hi Everyone,

I tried contacting service centre regarding this but they have no clue and couldn't help since it's not reproducible.

Does anyone have any idea about this or faced this issue?
/
Yes, i too got this in my P MT 4X4 Thar, at least 4 times in different occasions. Not reproducible, didn't get any error or warning indication anywhere, just the chimes lasting for about 20sec. But haven't gotten this in last couple months.

Here is the post (Mahindra Thar : Official Review) i mentioned about it

Last edited by ak10 : 9th August 2023 at 16:29.
ak10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 17:21   #4671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Can you share the link where you are seeing the status of the booking on the Mahindra website. I also booked my Petrol AT 4WD on 22 Jul online as suggested by the dealer in Noida and it is just showing as order confirmed. There is no other information.
hey, I am curious to understand what is the CPD that you getting. I am thinking to change color to grey from existing white booking, maybe that will shrink the waiting period.
Old 10th August 2023, 20:25   #4672
BHPian

My Mahindra Thar Diesel LX AT 4x4 HT

Hi All,

First things first! A huge shoutout to the Aditya and this official review thread which is an absolute treasure trove of information for anyone looking to purchase the all new Mahindra Thar. Credit also due to GTO's, dr TJ's, ph03n!x's and Dr.AD's ownership threads amongst the innumerable others for all their inputs and sharing their experiences which made this decision so much easier.

Prelude:

Had anyone asked me if I was looking to buy a Thar a year ago, I would have probably scoffed at the thought. Dont get me wrong! I was absolutely in love with the looks and the sheer capability of the Vehicle. That indomitable feeling of having a Vehicle which can conquer all terrains as well as look like an absolute brute while doing it, is every person's dream. And I was no exception to the same. However, it just didnt make any sense for me to purchase the same at this point.

I had in 2020 acquired the Skoda Rapid in its 1.0 TSI guise, which is presently running a Stage - 1 Remap, and is an absolute hoot to drive in the City. For outstation duties, we have a 2018 BMW X1 which is doing a commendable job of ferrying us in some comfort accross cities. So there really didnt exist a need, despite the constant longing for another Vehicle - especially a 4x4 Body on Frame SUV. Frankly speaking, there was no possible use case for the Thar in my household.

Why the THAR then?:

• Team-BHP along with its numerous ownership reviews began causing some real FOMO I wont lie. What began as reading a few ownership reviews ended up becoming a non-stop poring of the same, as well as reading the numerous posts on this official review thread as well. Subconsciously, I began looking up accesories for the Thar without even owning one or even having definite plans to purchase one.

• It had been almost 3 years since the All New Thar was launched. There were a lot more of these bad boys on the roads today. So obviously it shouldn't be drawing as much attention as when it was first launched right? WRONG. The Thar still draws attention from onlookers like its nobody's business. With its towering presence and inexplicable street presence, it manages to evoke a second glance from even the most dis-interested of passer bys. Heck, I caught myself stealing a second glance whenever I passed by one of these machines even after seeing so many of them on our roads. So quite obviously a head turner.

• As mentioned before, the X1 did all inter-city duties. However, with its run-flat tyres, trips to our estate in Chikmagalur had become a bit of a pain with a ripped tyre occuring almost every few trips. The cost of replacing each of those run-flat tyres was quite worrying, and ensured a lot more trips to Madhus Tyre Centre than I had originally envisioned (their outstanding hospitality notwithstanding). Additionally, the X1 while a great highway mile muncher and reasonable corner carver, was just not the right vehicle to be trundling around broken and dilapidated roads.

• With all these factors in mind, decided to take the All New Thar for a Test Drive, and the rest as they say is history

Test Drive and Buying Process:

Nothing much to really write about in this section. Went to the nearby Mahindra dealership and requested for a test drive. A test drive was promptly arranged. As I had originally planned to purchase the Petrol Automatic 4x4, test drove the same. Found the same to be quite exhilerating and the whoosh from the turbo petrol is quite addictive! Thereafter, upon calculating the average range of both the diesel and petrol, realized that the longer range of the Diesel would be more in sync with my requirements. I have a fairly quick turbo petrol already and while the mStallion in the Thar is quite a marvel, decided to opt for a more practical choice of the Thar in its diesel guise.

The dealership was happy to provide a Diesel Thar 4x 4 for a test drive and arranged the same to bought to my residence. After a fairly extensive test drive of the Diesel Thar - felt that the same was more than adequate for my needs. While lacking the sheer pull of the Petrol, the Diesel was no slouch at all, and the oodles of torque at your disposal ensure a fairly peppy ride and acceleration off the mark.

The decision was made. It was going to be a diesel Thar 4x4 AT. The last questions remaining to be answered were - (1) Hard Top or Soft Top? (2) Which Colour?

I dont think you can go wrong with any of the choices and the combinations. It all boils down ultimately to your personal preference. While the idea of a Soft Top was quite intriguing, it just wouldnt be practical in the City. Bangalore with its moody weather - was also not going to be my friend when it comes to having the top on or off. It could be raining cats and dogs in MG Road, while being clear and sunny at Lavelle Road. Added to that the security concerns made it a No from me at this stage. This being a Thar, with modification options galore, figured I can always remove the hard top if I really felt the need to do so at a later date (unlikely as it seems now). So Hard Top it was!

As regards the Colour, as a young boy a Jeep meant a Bright Red Jeep. As an adult, this emotion hadn't changed by much . Hence, Red Rage it was!

Things moved fairly quickly thereafter. Booking amount was paid, finances were arranged, Car Loan applied for and sanctioned. 10 days later, a freshly baked July 2023 Thar manufactured was delivered to me! A happy occasion indeed!

Accesories fitted at Dealership level:

I intend to pen down a detailed ownership review including all details, so I beg your patience until then for the detailed images. For now, will include the list of the accesories added at the dealership level:

1. Front and Rear Armrests with charging points at rear seats
2. Wheel Arch Cladding
3. Front and Rear mud-flaps
4. Alloy Wheel Security Nuts
5. Front Parking Sensors
6. ORVM Applique
7. Scuff Plates with Thar branding

And thats that folks! I am now the proud owner of the All New Thar - 4x4 Diesel HT AT in its Red Rage glory!

Have managed to squeeze in few trips to Mysore and to our estate in Chikmagalur in the last two weeks.

Signing off with a few pics for your viewing pleasure

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-1.jpeg

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-2.jpeg

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-3.jpeg

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-4.jpeg

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-5.jpeg

Thank you all for reading! Hoping to get down to pen the Ownership Review soon. Cheers!

Last edited by ampere : 13th August 2023 at 09:15. Reason: 2 smilies per post please
tejascshetty is offline   (45) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 21:17   #4673
Senior - BHPian

Hi Folks
A big shout out to all the Thar owners who loves hardtop model and have Convertible top (based out of Delhi/ NCR)

I have booked a Thar RWD P HT model and is due in next 8-10 weeks. I am straightway planning to change to convertible top. I understood that most of fellow mates give away their convertible top and move to Hardtop.
Please do DM me if anyone is planning to change from new convertible top to HT. I will happily give away the HT in exchange.

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 10th August 2023 at 21:18.
ruchirtnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 23:16   #4674

Hello folks,

So i purchased my Thar about 3 months back. Now the front suspension has started to making squeaking noise when i go over bumps after driving for a bit.
Is anyone else facing this issue?
Old 10th August 2023, 23:49   #4675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiri_19 View Post
Hello folks,

So i purchased my Thar about 3 months back. Now the front suspension has started to making squeaking noise when i go over bumps after driving for a bit.
Is anyone else facing this issue?
I also face this issue in the morning for initial 10-15 minutes especially at lower speed in residential premises going over those plastic speed breakers. Too lazy to record a video and take it to ASC.
Old 10th August 2023, 23:57   #4676

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadavsid21 View Post
I also face this issue in the morning for initial 10-15 minutes especially at lower speed in residential premises going over those plastic speed breakers. Too lazy to record a video and take it to ASC.
I usually dont get it in the initial few minutes but once it has run some distance. Thinking of taking it to the service center now
Old 11th August 2023, 18:42   #4677
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Mine is a Petrol AT Thar. Not renowned for its Fuel Efficiency. So I bought this Fibre-Plastic JTI Fuel-Safe Jerry Can for emergencies though I am very unlikely to embark on a trek across the Sahara in El Djezair or the Gobi in Mongolia for example, Thar or no Thar.
The Jerry Can is empty now. Maybe someday when Im heading to some far off place where Im not sure I ll get petrol easily I ll fill it up and use it.
(Be prepared, to be Precise, a la Thomson and Thompson in Tintin.)
For now, just for fun, I want to feel ‘cool’ and ‘expedition-ready’ so, using simple Bungee cords, I’ve strapped the empty can onto the snack tray which is mounted on the inside of the tail gate. Ive also placed a square of Thermocol material in between the jerry can and the snack tray surface so as to avoid rattles. I had done the Tumble Fold modification by Azad a year ago. It is honestly such a practical modification! I have placed as usual some tools, accoutrements, odds and ends, tyre inflator, chocks, umbrella and camp chair etc in the boot. Have also mounted a nice hat rack and of course the roll cage storage tubes and all.
If you feel like getting creative there is indeed quite a lot of stuff you can do to improve your Thar’s storage and carrying capacity. It’s FUN, as the Thar ought to be!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_4294.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_4293.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_4296.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_4295.jpeg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 11th August 2023 at 19:11.
shankar.balan is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 23:54   #4678
BHPian

Did anyone source a MAXIS 980 Bravo AT 285/60 R18 in Bengaluru recently, please share the details as I am looking for the same?
Old 14th August 2023, 09:12   #4679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Did anyone source a MAXIS 980 Bravo AT 285/60 R18 in Bengaluru recently, please share the details as I am looking for the same?
Check Madhus at Wilson Garden. They should have it.

Which wheel you are planning to fit it on? OEM wheel or aftermarket?
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 09:36   #4680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Which wheel you are planning to fit it on? OEM wheel or aftermarket?
Thanks, this for the OEM wheel

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks