Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2023, 18:06   #4651
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
I got this M&M official accessory front armrest from their service center today. Its made by Mahindra, pretty neat I must say. Its a direct bolt-on to the existing cup holder. I never knew they had an official accessory like this available.
Looks nice.
Can you show pics of it when it is open?
And can you let us know the price of it as well?
Thanks!
Old 4th August 2023, 20:18   #4652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Looks nice.
Can you show pics of it when it is open?
And can you let us know the price of it as well?
Thanks!
Few more pics.. Cost was Rs. 3000/-
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_1640.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_1638.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_1637.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_1639.jpeg  

highwaypatrol is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 21:54   #4653
BHPian

Quote:
Great buy! Looks much bettter than other aftermarket solutions. Few queries I have- This box when opened, does it retain the original cupholders in its cavity? If yes, are they still usable? Is the box removable easily? If you have any top-view pictures with the box lid open, please share them.
I use the cupholders often but do miss the presence of a center handrest. Something like chair mounted handrest could have been good (like Scorpio classic), but didn't across any in the aftermarket in my place.
Old 5th August 2023, 12:35   #4654
BHPian

Mahindra Thar electric teased for 15th August 2023 !!

Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_7214.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_7217.jpeg  

Old 6th August 2023, 15:49   #4655

Quote:
I got this M&M official accessory front armrest from their service center today. Its made by Mahindra, pretty neat I must say. Its a direct bolt-on to the existing cup holder. I never knew they had an official accessory like this available.
Looks good but seems likes it’s eaten up the cup holders which atleast I find very useful (a portable dustbin and coffee holder) as space is already very limited inside. Out of curiosity, does it sit lower than the Bimbra hand rests since that is my only complain with them.
Old 6th August 2023, 18:06   #4656
BHPian

Quote:

This is what I got installed from Mahindra accessories last year in Mar. It seems that design has changed from last year.

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-handrest-2.jpeg

Has sufficient depth for your sunglasses and some more stuff. However, interior storage finishing can improve.
It also does not render the existing cup holders unusable.

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-handrest-1.jpeg

Thanks.
vaasu is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 20:20   #4657

Quote:
Looks good but seems likes it’s eaten up the cup holders which atleast I find very useful (a portable dustbin and coffee holder) as space is already very limited inside. Out of curiosity, does it sit lower than the Bimbra hand rests since that is my only complain with them.
Old 6th August 2023, 20:39   #4658
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

I regularly joke about my Petrol HT AT Thar - as being my WRONGLER, my cut-price Wrangler et al.
It is indeed my trusty steed and utility lifestyle companion.
On two recent trips to Coorg and back this last couple of weeks including one on this weekend I could literally walk over some rather steep muddy slushy and slippery climbs to my friends house and the subsequent descent. The incline is about 38-40 degrees and is basically a narrow path with tight curves. Full of mud, slush, rocks and some little paving. In the wet, it is quite a climb. I can therefore only say how happy I am with my Thar.
It is just a tough-as-nails, no-nonsense, reliable, go-anywhere tourer. With the underbody protection and the upgraded suspension and the tumble-fold rear-seat modification, it is equally at home taking the curves at highway speeds, hurtling up and down those beautifully banked hill roads, braking without nose diving and drama and taking on any terrain in more or less any weather. One can literally attack anything fearlessly because it just inspires phenomenal confidence.
No wonder it is such a hit!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_4160.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_4157.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_4159.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_4126.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_4127.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_4129.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_4131.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_4149.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_4104.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_4108.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 21:51   #4659

I am planning on upgrading my lights which as many have pointed out earlier, are insufficient. Have gone through several threads dedicated to lights available on this excellent platform regarding upgrading to (i) 100w Halogens with relay, (ii) expensive LEDs and (iii) LED fog projectors and I believe that given my budget, LED Fog Projectors (AES Q8 or IPH 617) would be the best option. I am planning on purchasing them from Blaze India given their reputation as many have pointed out before.

However, the issue I am running into is that the major shops in Gurgaon who can fit them in, want me to purchase the projectors from them. Since I am not sure if they would be authentic and also because the price is high, can someone recommend a good shop to install the same.

Also, most of the shops I reached out to said I would not need a relay, however, since stock fog lamps are only 17W, I am pretty sure I would need one but a confirmation would be great. Thanks in advance.
Old 6th August 2023, 22:45   #4660
BHPian

I had booked my Thar RWD Petrol AT HT in 2nd week of Jul 23 and waiting times were 8-10 weeks. Suddenly as per my discussions with Mahindra callcenter, i got to know that it is changed in Dec 23 (20 weeks). I am just wondering if waiting period is decided by dealer or Mahindra Hq plant . Has anybody else also faced the same issue? Is there any way i can escalate besides the dealer who says they have no role in delay but they will try their best to give early delivery. I will appreciate if someone can guide on course of action to expedite the delivery.
Anyone can suggest a reliable dealer in Delhi NCR who can be trusted to at least give clear picture. I checked online booking on Mahindra website, it still shows as 8-10 weeks of waiting.
Old 7th August 2023, 20:27   #4661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmzbond View Post
I had booked my Thar RWD Petrol AT HT in 2nd week of Jul 23 and waiting times were 8-10 weeks. Suddenly as per my discussions with Mahindra callcenter, i got to know that it is changed in Dec 23 (20 weeks). I am just wondering if waiting period is decided by dealer or Mahindra Hq plant . Has anybody else also faced the same issue? Is there any way i can escalate besides the dealer who says they have no role in delay but they will try their best to give early delivery. I will appreciate if someone can guide on course of action to expedite the delivery.
Anyone can suggest a reliable dealer in Delhi NCR who can be trusted to at least give clear picture. I checked online booking on Mahindra website, it still shows as 8-10 weeks of waiting.
Can you share the link where you are seeing the status of the booking on the Mahindra website. I also booked my Petrol AT 4WD on 22 Jul online as suggested by the dealer in Noida and it is just showing as order confirmed. There is no other information.
Old 7th August 2023, 20:37   #4662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Can you share the link where you are seeing the status of the booking on the Mahindra website. I also booked my Petrol AT 4WD on 22 Jul online as suggested by the dealer in Noida and it is just showing as order confirmed. There is no other information.
If you got OTF number, you can send email to customer care email Id of Mahindra automotive or call their toll free number for update. Online status is not updated for offline bookings. If you call on customer care, basis your registration mobile number, they can also share the CPD.
Call center will share CPD (customer promised delivery date). They respond within 24 hours.
You may have been quoted 8-10 weeks delivery, but if you get anything more than that, try speaking with dealership (though I doubt if they can share reason for delay).
jimmzbond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 23:55   #4663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto70 View Post
I am planning on upgrading my lights which as many have pointed out earlier, are insufficient. Have gone through several threads dedicated to lights available on this excellent platform regarding upgrading to (i) 100w Halogens with relay, (ii) expensive LEDs and (iii) LED fog projectors.
Personally using 130/100 rally bulbs with relay. Philips kit cost ~₹1600 and works great. And you get to retain the original looks with right color temperature bulbs for all weather conditions

yadavsid21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 02:58   #4664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmzbond View Post
I had booked my Thar RWD Petrol AT HT in 2nd week of Jul 23 and waiting times were 8-10 weeks. Suddenly as per my discussions with Mahindra callcenter, i got to know that it is changed in Dec 23 (20 weeks).
The allotment is definitely done by Mahindra and as far as I know dealer has no say in it but check with your dealer once as they do generally have an idea by when can you expect to get your car. I booked my car in June 2023 and I was quoted 8-10 weeks as well but my car was available in a week and then it took 4 days to get BH number. So after I made booking I had my car delivered to me in 10-11 days.

There are often instances when a car is available as "open booking" because either someone refused to take delivery or couldn't take the delivery and you can get the car for yourself.

Cheers!

Last edited by BleueNinja : 8th August 2023 at 03:01.
BleueNinja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 08:47   #4665

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
The allotment is definitely done by Mahindra and as far as I know dealer has no say in it but check with your dealer once as they do generally have an idea by when can you expect to get your car. I booked my car in June 2023 and I was quoted 8-10 weeks as well but my car was available in a week and then it took 4 days to get BH number. So after I made booking I had my car delivered to me in 10-11 days.
This is what happened with me when I booked Petrol Automatic, hardtop in June 21. I got the delivery in Sept 21. Initially it was a 12 month waiting period as stated by Mahindra. But the dealer can adjust the deliveries based on the information available with them of their bookings.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th August 2023 at 09:04. Reason: quote content trimmed
NajSaf is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks