Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2023, 18:55   #4276
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
In Delhi your best bet will be Karol Bagh, go there early in the morning, then hunt around, I'm sure you'll find a good modifier.
Thanks. Unfortunately i am not from delhi, just visiting delhi for a couple of days for some work and wouldn't have time to scour around karolbagh much.
Old 19th April 2023, 20:41   #4277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
I too have been facing the same issue of vibrations from the brake pedal at times andAlso the sound is loud and clear when HDC is active. Service guys got no clue and I left it as it is as braking is working as normal as it should till now. Please do let us know if any one else is facing the same issue like mine.
From day one, i've been having this issue of brakes screeching when HDC is in action. My Thar is just two months old. It's very evident and starts to create the noise as the system auto applies the brakes during descent. It works just fine in other normal braking scenarios. Have reported it during my first service. They're yet to get to the root cause.

Did you get it resolved and any more update. Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 21:53   #4278
BHPian

Seeking expert advise/feedback on the hardtop Thar:

Today I did a brief highway run in the middle of the day when it was 44°C and I wish I didn't. So it got me thinking about mitigating the heat situation inside the cabin. The AC is powerful but the blower sounds like a jet engine at the higher speeds. I can live with that but am wondering if there’s more that can be done to address this. A couple thoughts I’d like to bounce off of you guys if you have any experience/feedback on these.

Has anyone painted the top (the crown) of the hard-top on the Thar in white? Or does anyone knows someone who has? Like the Toyota’s of the old, or some of these dual tone cars like the Nexon with white roofs? My Thar is the olive green color and it will prolly look ugly as hell but I don’t really care; can it be done though? Any ideas?

The black hard plastic top gets so hot to touch (from inside) that I was wondering if anyone has done any kind of insulation treatment (like some kinda padding or whatever) from inside on the roof?

Are these terrible ideas? Is there a better idea/solution out there? What are your thoughts?

Last edited by fjcruiser08 : 19th April 2023 at 21:59. Reason: Added detail
fjcruiser08 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 23:12   #4279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjcruiser08 View Post
Seeking expert advise/feedback on the hardtop Thar:

The black hard plastic top gets so hot to touch (from inside) that I was wondering if anyone has done any kind of insulation treatment (like some kinda padding or whatever) from inside on the roof?

Are these terrible ideas? Is there a better idea/solution out there? What are your thoughts?
There are plenty of old gen (with HT or semi-HT) as well as new gen Thars having undergone roof lining/padding treatment with different materials and fabrics of choice primarily for the sake of aesthetic purpose. But, I personally found these paddings greatly aiding in better cabin NVH and heat insulation. Vide the picture as an example.
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_7500.jpeg
Blooming Flower is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 00:58   #4280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blooming Flower View Post
There are plenty of old gen (with HT or semi-HT) as well as new gen Thars having undergone roof lining/padding treatment with different materials and fabrics of choice primarily for the sake of aesthetic purpose. But, I personally found these paddings greatly aiding in better cabin NVH and heat insulation. Vide the picture as an example.
Attachment 2441971
Oh yeah, that does look like a pretty neat job right there. Kinda fancy for the utilitarian vehicle that the Thar is, but fits the bill nicely. Thank you for suggesting this. When you say you "personally found..." does that mean you have this done in your vehicle? Or have experienced it in someone else's vehicle? If so, where was this done? Or, may be I should ask, what kind of shop would one approach for custom work like this?
fjcruiser08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 06:11   #4281
BHPian

Yesterday we did our first long'ish' drive (around 400kms) in our thar (P MT 4x4) after taking delivery around 7 weeks ago. Odo stands at 2.7k kms now. Me, my wife and two kids aged 5 and 3 were reasonably comfortable during this journey. There were a lot of question from family and friends on the ride comfort. Having done the same journey multiple times in our Ciaz, I am convinced Thar can pretty much do the highway munching job while keeping u and your family at comfort. I drove leissurely and never exceeded 100kmph. The built-in mileage computer displayed around 11.7kmpl for the first leg of the journey. Second leg was slower (80kmph max) and the display showed 13.5kmpl. I haven't refilled petrol yet, will do a manual mileage calculation once I refill.
Old 20th April 2023, 09:15   #4282
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for suggesting this. When you say you "personally found..." does that mean you have this done in your vehicle? Or have experienced it in someone else's vehicle? If so, where was this done? Or, may be I should ask, what kind of shop would one approach for custom work like this?
Yes. I have got such roof lining in my old gen Thar while getting a HT installed from Taran Bimbra at Gurugram. There are umpteen number of such 4x4 modification workshops in all the prominent cities across the length and breadth of our country. Even an experienced seat cover/ bus upholstery maker can serve your purpose. Mine looks like this.

BTW, where do you stay or want to get the job done?

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_6259_original.jpeg
Blooming Flower is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 11:25   #4283
BHPian

Quote:

BTW, where do you stay or want to get the job done?
Currently am in, and will be for the next few months, in a rural area in West Bengal. The closest town is Burdwan, WB, which itself if almost rural, and the nearest city is Calcutta. And I don't know anybody in either of these places. Apart from the obvious logistical challenges given my location, I don't have any preference in terms of where to get the job done.
fjcruiser08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 11:42   #4284
BHPian

Quote:
Currently am in, and will be for the next few months, in a rural area in West Bengal.
BTW, my Thar is WB30 registered. Rural area you can say! Bimbra has partnered with Auto Junction in Kolkata as their authorised dealer, last year. You can contact them.
Blooming Flower is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 12:03   #4285

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My main reason for going for AVO was feedback from BHPians and I must say, the suspension is absolutely top-class .
I made up my mind to wait patiently for the AVOs to be available. However I’m appalled at ARKA’s unresponsiveness. After our initial interaction, they have stopped replying or picking calls. This, when I’ve offered them advance payment.

Can someone guide me to their Mumbai dealer instead?

That’s the last hope, else enduring the pain of stock shocks is better than enduring such customer service!
Old 20th April 2023, 13:10   #4286
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, my Thar is WB30 registered. Rural area you can say! Bimbra has partnered with Auto Junction in Kolkata as their authorised dealer, last year. You can contact them.

You can say that pretty much about the whole state... not much urban outside of Calcutta. Maybe Siliguri up north but that's about it; or maybe am ignorant about the state. Anywho, I'll see if I can get hold of Auto Junction and if they could help out. Thanks for the input.
Old 20th April 2023, 15:15   #4287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headoverheart View Post
. However I’m appalled at ARKA’s unresponsiveness. After our initial interaction, they have stopped replying or picking calls. This, when I’ve offered them advance payment. !
Call Vinay in Bangalore. I will talk to him. He will help you. No: +91 96111 30954
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 22:41   #4288
Senior - BHPian

I met fellow BHPIAN MithunSathianat today eve. He's a Thar owner too. Only few weeks ago, I realised he lives a stone's throw away from my home. Such a small world this. And finally we met today. Stood right on the road and talked Thar things for an hour and a half

A click of both our Thars.
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-20230420_204847.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 22nd April 2023 at 13:22. Reason: Inserting image inline
Bibendum90949 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 07:19   #4289
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headoverheart View Post
I made up my mind to wait patiently for the AVOs to be available. However I’m appalled at ARKA’s unresponsiveness. After our initial interaction, they have stopped replying or picking calls.
Arka really needs a proper sales team to coordinate with customers!

Do get in touch with N1 Racing, they are the Mumbai dealers for the AVO suspension. You'll find N1 to be more responsive & they have a full workshop for installation too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
I met fellow BHPIAN MithunSathianat today eve.
Love his steelies & tyres! Great choice. Are those 16s or 17s? What is his tyre size?
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 07:59   #4290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Love his steelies & tyres! Great choice. Are those 16s or 17s? What is his tyre size?
The steelies design are old school ones, commonly available. Tyre size Looks like 265/70/16..

You can also go for JK Ranger MT with white lettering on the side and similar Thread pattern. And in 17” for better options on rims.

- Also. Once you’ve changed the suspension, please do post a review. Would love to know.
dhanushs is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks