Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2022, 10:20   #2971
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Yes, most of the LED 7 inch headlights available here in India are cheap chinese knock-offs which will not serve the purpose of lighting up the road on highways.

My friend who lives abroad has suggested this Philips Integral Beam H6024 and has given very positive feedbacks. Iam still confused if I should take the plunge as this one is a bit costly. LINK

Last edited by highwaypatrol : 25th February 2022 at 10:27.
highwaypatrol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 10:50   #2972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
Yes, most of the LED 7 inch headlights available here in India are cheap chinese knock-offs which will not serve the purpose of lighting up the road on highways.

My friend who lives abroad has suggested this Philips Integral Beam H6024 and has given very positive feedbacks. Iam still confused if I should take the plunge as this one is a bit costly. LINK
Phillips one looks good but yes, it is expensive. But it will be relatively affordable to a Morimoto super 7 projector headlight.
I am planning to mount 3 inch projectors like my fog lamps in place of the Headlights as well. And the mounting plate has to be fabricated in such a way that I can replace the projectors (If they go kaput) from the engine bay without having to take apart the front end. 3 inch projector to 7 inch headlights mount have to be fabricated. This time I will need some metal mounts. All costs calculated, I can do my projector headlight mod at around Rs 10-12K. Far better and precise light output and cheaper than most aftermarket options.

Last edited by dr_TJ : 25th February 2022 at 10:58.
Old 25th February 2022, 11:53   #2973
Senior - BHPian

I agree. All these 7" headlights are all showoff and not replacement of actual working headlights. Best to have projector Fog lights, replace headlights bulbs to better ones. Or add a LED bar.

I got a my headlights for very good price (7K) and my requirement was for display only
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 13:40   #2974
BHPian

Hi Guys!!

Has anyone here with a hardtop variant ever tried removing the hard top for temporary use and then fitted it back? Any help with this will be appreciated as I would need to remove the hard top on my Thar for a days use for a wedding. Do you all think that it could be a bad idea and create issues later? Can I get it done at the Mahindra Service Centre?

Thanks.
Old 25th February 2022, 16:56   #2975
BHPian

My Thar's steering has developed a left pull on certain sections of the road, on some others sections it is back to being straight and normal.
Is it a HPS quirk or I need Wheel alignment ASAP. Odo is at 3500 kms now.

Btw, Wheel alignment can be done in any shop or It has to be done in Mahindra's service center like with Hyundai cars?
Old 25th February 2022, 17:41   #2976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
I would need to remove the hard top on my Thar for a days use for a wedding
Not recommended, as putting it back requires a sealant to be applied, which has to be done at MASC only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
My Thar's steering has developed a left pull on certain sections of the road, on some others sections it is back to being straight and normal.
Do not expect car/crossover like steering behavior on the Thar. Being a jeep, it will constantly need steering adjustment. Also, a HPS is very sensitive to road undulations/gradients etc. and will continuously keep you aware of the surface you are driving on. Unless the pull is persistent on all kinds of surfaces, do not bother. And yes, you can get WA/WB done at any good alignment shop.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 17:45   #2977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Not recommended, as putting it back requires a sealant to be applied, which has to be done at MASC only.
Thanks for the info. I actually saw a video on YouTube where this person has removed the top himself and confirms that there is no sealant applied. Nonetheless going to enquire with the MASC tomorrow and check if they will do it for me.
Old 25th February 2022, 23:37   #2978
BHPian

I have booked a convertible Thar and would like to share the below video for all the convertible Thar owners, haven't find such a detailed one with some many interesting tips so far. Quite impressive.

jayeshdamle is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 12:18   #2979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.dre View Post
*SNIP*

Dropped the bug deflector due to potential cleaning issue on the bonnet. Got some eye brows and kajal, tail light garnish, side decal, scuff plates, reversing camera with dynamic guides, *SNIP* All official accessories!
Are you sure you have dynamic guides from the official accessory camera? If so, you must be the first person to do so - Mahindra probably are giving an upgraded camera now.

Cheers
Old 26th February 2022, 14:35   #2980
BHPian

Today while driving on the highway, there was a bong from the instrument cluster similar to the 80 kmph alert. And DPF clogged screen flashed, it was for a blink and you miss moment.
I have no DPF or Regen related tell tale light ON or blinking on my instrument cluster.

Is my DPF Clogged? What to do now?

Last edited by dr_TJ : 26th February 2022 at 14:37.
Old 26th February 2022, 15:14   #2981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Are you sure you have dynamic guides from the official accessory camera? If so, you must be the first person to do so - Mahindra probably are giving an upgraded camera now.

Cheers
Hi Tilt,

Just peeped under the rear bumper to see 'blaupunkt' written on the module ... If I remember right, i had asked for an option to upgrade my Headlamps and they denied stating they only stock M&M official or approved accessories. Now am hoping it's an approved camera and will not void any of my warranty claims tomorrow.

It does have dynamic guides, but there is a delay from steering input to display output. That being said, i really don't use the guidelines, the camera is used to ensure there are no children or animals or such small obstacles in the blind spot. I went for the model because it sits snug on the bottom side of the bumper, literally invisible from the rear.
Old 27th February 2022, 00:20   #2982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is my DPF Clogged? What to do now?
Probably the first time you're noticing it - were you driving after dusk? I'm asking that coz that's when I first noticed it, when the instrument cluster dimmed to show the warning for a fraction of a sec.

You don't have do anything, this is the exhaust system doing it's thing - as long as the engine is running long enough, even in idle RPM or bumper-to-bumper traffic, it'll do it's thing.

I'd written about this with details of the thresholds with screenshots from the official scanning tool in my ownership thread a couple of months ago...
ph03n!x is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 08:13   #2983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Probably the first time you're noticing it - were you driving after dusk? I'm asking that coz that's when I first noticed it, when the instrument cluster dimmed to show the warning for a fraction of a sec.

You don't have do anything, this is the exhaust system doing it's thing - as long as the engine is running long enough, even in idle RPM or bumper-to-bumper traffic, it'll do it's thing.

I'd written about this with details of the thresholds with screenshots from the official scanning tool in my ownership thread a couple of months ago...
Somedays, I have to do some super short trips (3.5 kms) but I do make it a point to drive for atleast 30 mins as soon as possible. I do try to maintain good average speeds.

The warning was for a split second. Was driving in the day time (around 1.30 pm) but it was a cloudy day so was able to catch a glimpse of the warning.
dr_TJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 11:51   #2984
BHPian

Quote:
The warning was for a split second. Was driving in the day time (around 1.30 pm) but it was a cloudy day so was able to catch a glimpse of the warning.
This happens with mine every alternate day as well. Generally, on the highway, and not in the city.. Strange!

As we were talking about projector lights, and /or LED replacements, what about getting the LED Force Gurkha headlights in? I rather like the idea.

They won't cost a bomb and will probably focus / last well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.dre View Post
Hi Tilt,

Just peeped under the rear bumper to see 'blaupunkt' written on the module
I've been pushing the company for an alternate camera model due to the poor quality of the camera. I wouldn't mind pushing harder if the Blaupunkt one is objectively better.

Last edited by wooka : 27th February 2022 at 11:53.
wooka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 13:38   #2985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
This happens with mine every alternate day as well. Generally, on the highway, and not in the city.. Strange!

As we were talking about projector lights, and /or LED replacements, what about getting the LED Force Gurkha headlights in? I rather like the idea.

They won't cost a bomb and will probably focus / last well.

I've been pushing the company for an alternate camera model due to the poor quality of the camera. I wouldn't mind pushing harder if the Blaupunkt one is objectively better.
Yup, quite strange. Considering my short trips for last 2-3 days, I thought my DPF has clogged . Got me worried.

Yes, the New Gurkha Headlights will be a good replacement for the stock headlights on the Thar. But mounting needs to be figured out and the cost of the Gurkha headlights. Another thing that really bothers me is the Headlights replacement procedure on the Thar needs us to remove the front bumper and the Front grill. I would take this opportunity to replace my front bumper and Grill but empty pockets.

I got my reverse camera from Mahindra's m2all.com online and got it installed by the Service center. Not a good experience cause they took a full day to install the camera only to report that the required software could not be uploaded cause of some laptop issue. Again they took another full day to get the software installed and reverse camera working.

Although the Reverse camera output with the Mahindra camera is quite satisfactory for me. Infact, it is equal to if not better than my sold Ecosport's stock camera output.

Last edited by dr_TJ : 27th February 2022 at 14:00. Reason: Correction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks