Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2022, 11:02   #2851
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

There is still no concrete information about the launch of the Hard Top Convertible is there? This is one of the cars I am seriously interested in and I am trying to figure out which version to get (Convertible/Hard Top) if I do end up buying it. Most likely I would get the Diesel AT and use it for a daily commute and some fun weekend trail driving / off roading once in a while.
Old 1st February 2022, 11:11   #2852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Can somebody please post the image of power window wire loom which is connected to doors. I just want to see if the strap can pass two wires, from cabin to doors.
Extra wires can easily be passed through the strap. I don't have pictures but you can unplug the door wiring harness coupler in the footwell and see for yourself. Only issue would be to thread the extra wire through the strap. You will need some long zip tie or wire to fish the extra wire through the strap.
May I ask what Mod is being planned here?
dr_TJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 14:57   #2853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
There is still no concrete information about the launch of the Hard Top Convertible is there? This is one of the cars I am seriously interested in and I am trying to figure out which version to get (Convertible/Hard Top) if I do end up buying it. Most likely I would get the Diesel AT and use it for a daily commute and some fun weekend trail driving / off roading once in a while.
No, I don't think M&M would do something like this, a la Freedom top. It would be awesome if they did though. Nothing beats an open top jeep.
Kapany is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 15:16   #2854
VND
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
Guys, I got a new floor mat installed today on my Thar. Honestly, this is one of the rarest high quality aftermarket accessories I found compatible for the new Thar. It snug fits perfectly and is of high quality too. Brand name is GFX Life Long from Galio India. Total damage incurred was Rs. 2800/- and I highly recommend this one for all Thar owners over the so called 7D types which in my opinion is a bit over done with its stitching design and asthetics. This GFX one goes very well with the rugged interior looks of our Jeep too..
I have been using these mats from the beginning on my Thar and I completely agree with you. They are just amazing and are custom fit so it doesn't even slip/slid an inch. Also they work great in wet conditions unlike the stock ones.

Highly recommended!
Old 1st February 2022, 15:24   #2855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
Hi navpreet318

Here is the link....

Highwaypatrol
The price mentioned in the link is Rs 4800 after discount. Is there a way to get it at Rs 2800 as you mentioned? I would like to replace my stock OEM mats with this one.
Old 2nd February 2022, 00:39   #2856
BHPian

I drove a brand new Thar Diesel AT and I felt some issue with the brakes, didn't find it effective at high speeds.
Has anyone here felt the same?
Old 2nd February 2022, 19:38   #2857
BHPian

I have been driving Diesel AT for over a month and about 2800km. The brakes are fine, considering the weight of the vehicle. You have to get used to it and maintain sufficient distance at high speeds.

It is not comparable to lighter hatchbacks or vehicles with all disk brakes like Jeep Compass.
Mogs is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 19:46   #2858

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.dre View Post
Hi there,

I would like your suggestions on the list of enhancements am planning;

Official M&M - radiator gaurd, fuel tank gaurd, reverse camera and bug deflector.

Also, wondering if I should swap to BFG KA02s on stock alloys? Finding it hard to find inputs, on the road manners post swap. BFGs are primarily to enhance the looks and off road traction, but I don't want to compromise on the dynamics either... Driving is what I enjoy most!
Congrats on your Thar @dr.dre, I too have a Cherry Red (Petrol AT HT) one and its a nice feeling driving it.

I did the following from dealership before delivery:
OEM Rubber Mats, Mud flap set, Radiator & Fuel tank protection plates, Front Parking sensors, Rear camera, scuff plates, genuine seat covers, and rear sun blinds. Also added Bimbra dead pedal from an accessory shop locally.

What I would like to do is add remote fuel lid opening mechanism which dealer will take care of once they have spares available.

It would be nice to have a grab handle but didn't do that yet as they have to drill holes in to 'A' pillar for accessory handle available in the market.
Also I wish there was some kind of locking mechanism in built for the spare tyre but getting locking wheel nuts might be a work around.

Not sure about BFG KO2 tyres for me as I find the stock MRFs okay for my use. Considering the cost of KO2s and how difficult it is to get them these days I'll think about those at a later stage.
Old 2nd February 2022, 20:00   #2859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloTraveller View Post
Congrats on your Thar @dr.dre, I too have a Cherry Red (Petrol AT HT) one and its a nice feeling driving it.

I did the following from dealership before delivery:
OEM Rubber Mats, Mud flap set, Radiator & Fuel tank protection plates, Front Parking sensors, Rear camera, scuff plates, genuine seat covers, and rear sun blinds. Also added Bimbra dead pedal from an accessory shop locally.

What I would like to do is add remote fuel lid opening mechanism which dealer will take care of once they have spares available.

It would be nice to have a grab handle but didn't do that yet as they have to drill holes in to 'A' pillar for accessory handle available in the market.
Also I wish there was some kind of locking mechanism in built for the spare tyre but getting locking wheel nuts might be a work around.

Not sure about BFG KO2 tyres for me as I find the stock MRFs okay for my use. Considering the cost of KO2s and how difficult it is to get them these days I'll think about those at a later stage.
Thank you SoloTraveller, for your inputs. I certainly don't want to go overboard. I have almost ruled out a tyre change for now.

I am inclined to limit it to Mud flaps, radiator and fuel tank protection, rear camera, floor mats. Mostly functional ones for now.

Last edited by dr.dre : 2nd February 2022 at 20:01. Reason: Grammar edit
dr.dre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 21:19   #2860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.dre View Post
Thank you SoloTraveller, for your inputs. I certainly don't want to go overboard. I have almost ruled out a tyre change for now.

I am inclined to limit it to Mud flaps, radiator and fuel tank protection, rear camera, floor mats. Mostly functional ones for now.
Even I was planning for upgrading the tyres to 285-60-R18 from Maxxis Bravo. Price without discount and with GST is 15k for each and after buyback of the Ceats AT Tyres, I am getting 7k for each tyre but have dropped the plan myself. Will go for good after market seat covers + Full underbody protection from Prad + Roof Rack. I feel that Thar is like an open canvas and the possibility of filling that Canvas with upgrades is limitless.
swunkjyn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 06:49   #2861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swunkjyn View Post
Even I was planning for upgrading the tyres to 285-60-R18 from Maxxis Bravo. Price without discount and with GST is 15k for each and after buyback of the Ceats AT Tyres, I am getting 7k for each tyre but have dropped the plan myself. Will go for good after market seat covers + Full underbody protection from Prad + Roof Rack. I feel that Thar is like an open canvas and the possibility of filling that Canvas with upgrades is limitless.
Makes sense, try Arka underbody kit. They are well made and are durable to the core.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 10:42   #2862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapany View Post
No, I don't think M&M would do something like this, a la Freedom top. It would be awesome if they did though. Nothing beats an open top jeep.
Pretty sure it's in the offing and has been spotted in test mule avatar for a while. It's expected to launch this year, but it only makes sense to wait if it's a couple of months away. If it's diwali time, then I'll just chose another model or car.
Old 3rd February 2022, 11:31   #2863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloTraveller View Post
Congrats on your Thar @dr.dre, I too have a Cherry Red (Petrol AT HT) one and its a nice feeling driving it.*SNIP*
Huh???????? How on earth did you get a Cherry Red Thar?

Cheers
Old 3rd February 2022, 11:50   #2864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Huh???????? How on earth did you get a Cherry Red Thar?

Cheers
They probably meant the Red rage
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 12:03   #2865
BHPian

Hello Friends,

So, I am planning to Buy Thar and a little confused in what engine I should invest in ? My running is around 1000KM - 1500 KM a month but not sure whether I should go for Petrol or Diesel. My initial choice is Petrol Automatic but a little concerned about the reliability and fuel efficiency. So, looking for some guidance from bhpians who owns a Thar Petrol automatic.

Thank you
Vivek-

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks