Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2021, 00:16   #2041
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Woah! Ran out of patience in just 23 days! Here, people have been waiting since October '20. The dealer must ask about the kind of exigency.

Is there any news regarding which month is the company currently in with regard to deliveries?
Old 12th August 2021, 10:05   #2042
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all, I found this below image on Facebook. However, I don’t know the veracity of the image or if it was shared on the forum before. But, if true, shows the craze Thar has generated (not that it needs any proof apart from the unreal waiting period )

Attachment 2192009
This is just too much now.
We are here waiting for our Thar which might be anywhere from 6 to 9 months, and people like this, just get it via a shortcut.
Old 12th August 2021, 16:47   #2043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Shift the gear lever to the left and this wonderful Jap gearbox will let you hold gears for as long as you want unlike many other cars which upshifts on your own and though there's not a great amount of top-end-rpm performance but this might be really beneficial off-road.
It doesn't hold the gears after 2nd and will automatically upshift, this is something that I've experienced first hand so did you try this in the 3rd gear or above?
Old 12th August 2021, 22:37   #2044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
It doesn't hold the gears after 2nd and will automatically upshift, this is something that I've experienced first hand so did you try this in the 3rd gear or above?
It will hold the gear as long as the momentum does not push the RPM to 4000. So it's not about which gear you are in while in M mode, it's how fast it is rolling down the gradient!
Old 13th August 2021, 05:47   #2045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
It will hold the gear as long as the momentum does not push the RPM to 4000. So it's not about which gear you are in while in M mode, it's how fast it is rolling down the gradient!
My point wasn't in particular to hill descent.

Ideally the gears should be held once put in Manual and its weird that it starts auto-upshifting from 3rd gear onwards. While dune bashing the car can be supremely fun but even when in 4low it starts upshifting on its own when in 3rd which doesn't help at all.

OP said it will not upshift for as long as you want, which is not correct. It would've been instrumental in better offroad performance as stated by OP but the reality is different.
fine69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 17:16   #2046
BHPian

I have finally received a call this week that LX HT D AT Thar is in the stockyard.

I booked it within a couple of hours of web launch on 02Oct2020, changed to Diesel on 06th from Petrol, as much information wasn't available during the launch.

After proactively pursuing till end of December, I gave up and did not call the dealer even once in 2021, basically lost interest and the mad rush to get the Thar. A several list of things about the whole experience made me lose interest.

So it took about 10.5 months to finally get some news.

I will hopefully get the delivery on Monday and slowly building interest again so I can look forward to it. :-)
bolbolerobol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 17:45   #2047
BHPian

I have come across this modified New Thar on Indianauto.com website, that really appeals to my eyes.

Can the experts here, please tell if there is any suspension lift, and the approximate size of these tires? I really like the stance of the vehicle.

Can this stance also be achieved using either 30mm or 50mm spacers sold by Bimra? I also have read reviews that using spacers is not advisable and not safe?

Also, any possible info on the bumper modifications?

Thank you in advance,
S. Sheri
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-new-thar-mod.jpg  

bolbolerobol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 18:05   #2048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolbolerobol View Post
I have come across this modified New Thar on Indianauto.com website, that really appeals to my eyes.

Can the experts here, please tell if there is any suspension lift, and the approximate size of these tires? I really like the stance of the vehicle.

Can this stance also be achieved using either 30mm or 50mm spacers sold by Bimra? I also have read reviews that using spacers is not advisable and not safe?

Also, any possible info on the bumper modifications?

Thank you in advance,
S. Sheri
Looks like a 2" or 4" lift. 16" steel wheels with maybe 33 inch M/T tyres. Front bumber custom built with inboard winch.
Before using spacers, stance can be altered by using wheels with more than stock negative offset (also depends on width of the wheels), if the brake callipers do not touch the wheels. Alignment and ride/handling do go haywire with such setups and need adjustments/modifications.

Last edited by 88_TANK_88 : 13th August 2021 at 18:07.
88_TANK_88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 18:25   #2049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Did he get the delivery or is he claiming that he’ll be getting it fastest? In any case, anyone can make videos that suit them I guess, these days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I have shared such details (there are many on social media platform chest thumping on using such jack and getting deliveries in just a matter of few days) with AnandMahindra and CustomerCare folks over social media. I have some response from CustomerCare in terms of checking into my booking status but no response on why such unethical practices of dealers bringing the overall credibility of M&M and the products down.
Quote:
Hi all, I found this below image on Facebook. However, I don’t know the veracity of the image or if it was shared on the forum before. But, if true, shows the craze Thar has generated (not that it needs any proof apart from the unreal waiting period )

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
This is just too much now.
We are here waiting for our Thar which might be anywhere from 6 to 9 months, and people like this, just get it via a shortcut.
This guy didnt even need sunny's letter. Here's him getting it in 2 days, while most of the people out here even get confirmation mail in 2 days.

CA Dhruv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 18:55   #2050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
This guy didnt even need sunny's letter. Here's him getting it in 2 days, while most of the people out here even get confirmation mail in 2 days.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=29gC0JUO38M
I just never liked his videos, specially those showing modification of base model to top model (What about ESP, Extra Airbags, can those be added aftermarket? No).
And Android Head units, which he use to claim to be Indian, but instead, those are all over-priced chinese Head units. I myself went in search of a Android Head unit for my Celerio few years back, only to be shocked with the massive profit margins the seller puts on those. I instead ordered mine directly from Aliexpress (I miss Aliexpress) and installed it myself. I have those DIY videos on my Youtube channel as well.

By the way, this same guy posted a video of him cancelling his Thar booking a few days ago I guess.
I don't know why Youtube recommends his videos to me.

All these aside, I hope Mahindra gets their game on, and start delivering more Thars on time. They now also have to prepare their assembly line for the XUV700.

Last edited by dr_TJ : 13th August 2021 at 18:58. Reason: Typo
dr_TJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 17:47   #2051
Senior - BHPian

All - A question. Is there a recall for fixing something on the instrument cluster? The dealer had called and when I said that I had no such messages or comms around this and requested for an email that alludes to this ‘recall’ and I got some screen shot from their system that I can’t make any sense of.
Old 14th August 2021, 18:12   #2052
Senior - BHPian

A nice video of Cyrus Dhabhar, part of Power Drift, talking about the evolution of the Thar and mentioning how his dad (Behram Sir) took feedback from TeamBHP members and used it to push his case for a more powerful off-road jeep.

At the 5:40 mark.

Last edited by tharian : 14th August 2021 at 18:21.
tharian is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 00:07   #2053
BHPian

With the very attractive pricing of XUV7OO, wondering if many existing bookings of Thar will get converted to XUV7OO AWD. While a proper 4x4 still has an edge over AWD, 90% of the Thar users would be satisfied with an AWD that can seat 5 people comfortably.

Most likely outcome is going to be Mahindra increasing the prices of the XUV7OO significantly post launch than Thar seeing some discounts I guess
sid_deb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 16:31   #2054
Senior - BHPian

Just a small update.

Bumper and Underbody installed. Like this stubby look.
Bumper is very very solid and sturdy. There is a winch plate and frame behind the outer shell and it is connected with very strong bolts. Very Thick guage plate is used.
The underbody is aluminum, light and sturdy!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-20210814_151826.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-20210814_151748.jpg  

navpreet318 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 16:38   #2055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
With the very attractive pricing of XUV7OO, wondering if many existing bookings of Thar will get converted to XUV7OO AWD. While a proper 4x4 still has an edge over AWD, 90% of the Thar users would be satisfied with an AWD that can seat 5 people comfortably.

Most likely outcome is going to be Mahindra increasing the prices of the XUV7OO significantly post launch than Thar seeing some discounts I guess
I would be happy to see people shift from a Thar to XUV700 AWD, That way atleast I might get my Thar delivered soon.

XUV700 makes a good option but the AWD variant will be expensive compared to Thar Diesel LX I guess.
With the current production rate and the waiting period of the Thar, How will Mahindra manage the XUV700's deliveries is a big question in my head.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks