Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2021, 22:36   #1996
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
So, you're suggesting that the driver should've revved harder for the rotation speed to be substantial enough for BLD/MLD to kick in? Possible! Theoretically, that might seem to be the solution but isn't it a tad tricky to rev that hard on a terrain like the one in discussion? The vehicle would lurch ahead as soon as one of the diffs lock, quite possibly causing serious underbody hits. Or maybe it won't in 4L. Worth a shot.
Pls go through the below video, jump to 9:40 onwards and see how my 700 CRDe lurches ahead when the rear diff locks get engaged. It’s all about how much you are able to control your vehicle in tricky conditions. Having a MLD and a BLD is a boon in tricky off road situation however, you need to rev a little to get them engaged in a Thar. In force Gurkha these diff locks at front and rear are manually engaged using a lever whereas in Thar it’s mechanically engaged.

abhikb is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 21:10   #1997
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have booked LX AT HT Diesel on December 1st last year. The dealer has been pushing the CPD by few days every time I call them, lately sighting the reason of clearing the backlog due to the lockdown period.

On a casual conversation when I was talking to the dealer about changing from HT (hard-top) to CT (convertible top), he told me that it'll be considered as new booking if I do so.
I'm assuming that CT would be easier for them to get compared to HT. I don't know why they are going to require to treat that request as new booking? I'm in no rush to get the vehicle. However, if I go as they call it new booking just for this change (HT to CT), I dont want to end up paying the new prices tag that they have introduced.

Has anyone got any idea if I can officially get this configuration change without changing my order ID or without paying the price hike they have introduced recently?
I'm thinking of talking to customer care number. I thought of taking an opinion from the folks here to find out what would be the best way to go?
TIA
Old 4th August 2021, 21:20   #1998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Hi Guys,

Has anyone got any idea if I can officially get this configuration
TIA
1. Customer care won’t be of any help.

2. Yes you can change your booking to any configuration IF your dealer wants. Order ID change will depend on the dealer. They can swap, makes changes to the configuration fairly easily.

3. New prevailing prices at the time of booking will apply.

Last edited by Pancham : 4th August 2021 at 21:22.
Pancham is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 22:05   #1999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
1. Customer care won’t be of any help.

2. Yes you can change your booking to any configuration IF your dealer wants. Order ID change will depend on the dealer. They can swap, makes changes to the configuration fairly easily.

3. New prevailing prices at the time of booking will apply.
Yes, irony is I'm at the mercy of this dealership here who doesn't seem to be cooperating at all.
I wish there were some clear rules laid out by OEM that can help consumer. I shall try to bring this to the notice of customer care and AM if that helps future customers.
Old 5th August 2021, 23:23   #2000
BHPian

I see so many Bhpians around here who had booked their Thar last year,still waiting for delivery.
But this dumb so called car enthusiast (who doesn't even know what auto dimming rear view mirror is), is openly stating that he has been given an option (without any current booking) to get the car in soft top within a few days.

Seems mahindra is doing favours to just anyone having a jack.

CA Dhruv is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 19:39   #2001
BHPian

I am already messed up with my booking of the new Thar. Mahindra has messed up my booking experience and I ended up with two bookings on different dates. Neither the Dealership guys nor Mahindra booking support has any clue.

No update regarding expected delivery date or anything.
Now I am worried about more price hikes.
Old 7th August 2021, 21:24   #2002
Senior - BHPian

Folks who have recently booked a Thar online (not via the dealer) - are you being given a CPD at the time of booking confirmation?
Old 8th August 2021, 06:40   #2003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Folks who have recently booked a Thar online (not via the dealer) - are you being given a CPD at the time of booking confirmation?
In my case, No.
I booked it via Mahindra's m2all.com and the Dealership and Mahindra themselves have no clue about the booking. I have already made a separate thread on the forum regarding this incident.

Then the Dealership made a new booking for me after nearly a month of no action.
But no CPD.
Old 8th August 2021, 08:54   #2004
Senior - BHPian

We have a few Thars now in our family and friends circle. Brilliant vehicles and most have worked flawlessly. This morning, we noticed while starting the car, there were two lights that came on. The HHC and the AT malfunction.

The car started, but while putting the car in R, the car jerked a bit. We turned it off and there was nothing then. We put it in R and no jerk. We switched it off and started it again and drove for about 1 km and the lights came back on. We decided to come back and parked it back.

Will have it sent to the service center tomorrow. It’s Sunday and the service center is shut. Any idea what would have caused this malfunction?

Here is a pic.

PS. Just checked again and no errors. Not moved the car as it is parked inside, but shut it and started two three times and no errors unlike morning. Could it be a fuse fault or wiring issue. We have many rats in our driveway.

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-21be6d69e3a14427af6538a4399aa33d.jpeg

Last edited by GTO : 9th August 2021 at 08:54. Reason: Poorly Typed Posts
vkochar is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 8th August 2021, 09:01   #2005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Any idea what would have caused this malfunction.
Do you remember if the service action on the AT shifter got done in your Jeep? That's the only thing I can connect with the AT - but even that's on the shifter. It shouldn't be on the transmission itself.

Was the Jeep parked on an incline in P without the handbrake by any chance?

Last edited by GTO : 9th August 2021 at 08:27. Reason: Language, capitalization
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 09:31   #2006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Do you remember if the service action on the AT shifter got done in your Jeep? That's the only thing I can connect with the AT - but even that's on the shifter. It shouldn't be on the transmission itself.

Was the Jeep parked on an incline in P without the handbrake by any chance?
No don’t know what was done in service.

No not parked on a ramp without handbrake. Always with handbrake.

Let’s see. Will send it tomorrow and run a test.

Last edited by GTO : 9th August 2021 at 08:27. Reason: Quoted post edited
vkochar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 09:43   #2007
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
I see so many Bhpians around here who had booked their Thar last year,still waiting for delivery.
But this dumb so called car enthusiast (who doesn't even know what auto dimming rear view mirror is), is openly stating that he has been given an option (without any current booking) to get the car in soft top within a few days.

Seems mahindra is doing favours to just anyone having a jack.
Did he get the delivery or is he claiming that he’ll be getting it fastest? In any case, anyone can make videos that suit them I guess, these days.

Two updates: (sorry, forgot to click pictures)

1. The tape that secured my bug deflector was wearing out in one side. I also noticed that a lot of dry leaves and flowers and dust get settled between the hood and the deflector. I decided to remove the deflector and the residue of the tapes are hard to remove. The area where the deflector was is looking a different shade of black due to accumulated dust and everything else. I don’t think I’ll fix it back again.

2. I loved my spare wheel cover. Problem was that it isn’t easy to fill air and I was constantly getting the low pressure warning. I removed the cover today to pump in air and I noticed that the bottom of the cover had held back a lot of moisture and wetness and had turned brown due to accumulated dust, thereby making the tyres have the brown effect. Not to mention the amount of residual dust inside the alloys.

I don’t think I’ll put the cover back again.
Old 8th August 2021, 11:32   #2008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
1. The tape that secured my bug deflector was wearing out in one side. I also noticed that a lot of dry leaves and flowers and dust get settled between the hood and the deflector. I decided to remove the deflector and the residue of the tapes are hard to remove. The area where the deflector was is looking a different shade of black due to accumulated dust and everything else. I don’t think I’ll fix it back again.
I had the same set of problems - the double-sided tape is just not strong enough, and debris getting into the gap.

But if you're driving nights, and/ or in areas that are prone to bug-missiles, the bug deflector makes a day-night difference.

What I've done is to stick it with 3M double-sided tape - the grey rubberized one. And use vaccum cleaner to blow the gap every other week or so. Moreover, I have PPF on the painted surface, and the bug deflector is stuck on the PPF (I thought it's because of that the stock double-sided tape gave up).

Don't give up on it yet
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 20:40   #2009
BHPian

Finally, after a lot of thinking and numerous conversations with my family, debating whether it will be a practical choice or not, I’ve booked a Diesel manual HT

Since it was a sunday, the booking will be entered in the system tomorrow and the SA was very polite and agreed to make any amends in the booking (if done in a couple of days).

I’m now confused between Petrol and Diesel, my yearly running will not exceed 5k Kms. AT is disregarded due to the price tag.

All I want is a driver’s car and I will manage with the low fuel efficiency, please help me and suggest, what should I choose
daf23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 21:29   #2010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf23 View Post
I’m now confused between Petrol and Diesel, my yearly running will not exceed 5k Kms. AT is disregarded due to the price tag.

All I want is a driver’s car and I will manage with the low fuel efficiency, please help me and suggest, what should I choose
Congratulations on your Booking. Do update us when the SA gives you a CPD. I am also waiting for my CPD.

As far as the fuel choice is concerned. I booked myself a Diesel AT cause it will have better range from a full tank. Fuel efficiency or Fuel prices were not a concern for me cause my Employer provides me fuel coupons.
But currently driving a Ecosport Torque Convertor AT, the fuel range is always a concern for me.

But apart from that, If Diesel laws are enforced in your State, Petrol Thar is a good choice.
dr_TJ is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks