Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2021, 22:21   #1936
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi_chd View Post
So I’m supposed to take the delivery of my Thar today, maximum by tomorrow. I booked it late in the month of February and mine is a Soft Top Convertible AT.

I did not pull any strings, I did not chase up frantically, nothing of the sort really. I did however, play a bit smart and I do think it made all the difference in the world. Anyone looking for a tip can PM me.

I can’t believe that after waiting for 5 months, I’m feeling that I didn’t really have to wait that long. But such is the world that we live in.
Not sure what "Tip" you're referring to but the usual delivery time for LX soft top automatic in Chandigarh is 19-20 weeks. So your delivery time seems on par with what the dealers proclaim and what the actual delivery dates are.

Last edited by Cavityavenger : 23rd July 2021 at 22:23.
Old 24th July 2021, 09:05   #1937
BHPian

Finally, after a long 8 months..!!

Took delivery yesterday with a small customary puja at the dealership. I have a ear-to-ear grin on my face as I type this

The petrol engine might be more powerful and refined and quieter - but I am loving the audible grunt of this diesel beast.

I say it was worth the wait.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-picture1.png  

Slipstream11 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 10:13   #1938
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstream11 View Post

Took delivery yesterday with a small customary puja at the dealership. I have a ear-to-ear grin on my face as I type this

The petrol engine might be more powerful and refined and quieter - but I am loving the audible grunt of this diesel beast.

It will be, just look at it

Tank up and drive , it requires no mods whatsoever. I think you have changed the grill already but that looks Factree!
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 10:14   #1939
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
I think you have changed the grill already but that looks Factree!
Yeah, what's that grill doing there on a showroom vehicle?
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 10:20   #1940
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
It is a Customer vehicle, customer can fit whatever accessories that he/she wants. They usually do not fit any accessories until it's invoiced / registered to a customer.
Old 24th July 2021, 11:24   #1941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations...

Quote:
It is a Customer vehicle, customer can fit whatever accessories that he/she wants. They usually do not fit any accessories until it's invoiced / registered to a customer.
Kudos to the Mahindra dealers, they are nice enough to accommodate owner requests to fit whatever accessories they bought from outside. Not everyone does that.
Pancham is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 15:37   #1942
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The car looks amazing, Rocky Beige is such a cool color. You seem to have got the front grill swapped even before delivery! How did you manage that?

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 24th July 2021 at 15:45.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 17:52   #1943
BHPian

Quote:
It will be, just look at it

Tank up and drive , it requires no mods whatsoever. I think you have changed the grill already but that looks Factree!
Quote:
Congratulations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Kudos to the Mahindra dealers, they are nice enough to accommodate owner requests to fit whatever accessories they bought from outside. Not everyone does that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
The car looks amazing, Rocky Beige is such a cool color. You seem to have got the front grill swapped even before delivery! How did you manage that?
Thank you members.

Had a fun day driving around a 100 odd clicks - a mix of city, highway and some pothole-ridden roads. Nothing new to report except the fact that I felt the shift from 2nd to 3rd makes a notchy kind of a sound. Need to get that checked on the first service.

Went to the authorized 70mai outlet and picked up the rear-view + dash cam with its associated paraphernalia - the hardwire kit and memory car; the 70mai tire inflator as well. Got the camera installed.

On the grill - I did sound my SA well in advance about my after-market grill and my intention of getting it installed before I take delivery of the vehicle. He readily agreed with a cheeky little wink.

Moreover, all these weeks I have been frequenting the yard to check out the new Thars - long before mine was even billed. So by the time mine arrived, I had befriended almost everyone at the yard - one among them was this accessories-guy. He asked me to get all the accessories over to the yard and he would keep them in my car. He and his colleague stayed back one evening after their usual shift hours and installed the accessories - the grill, relay-kit and headlight bulbs, front and rear mud flaps and door scuff plates - all this for a paltry 1700 bucks. This is in fact a day before the vehicle got registered. However, by then all payments were made and receipts generated.

And yes, the dealer did cover that extra mile to make the delivery experience memorable. All the pent up frustrations with the delay in delivery seemed to have been well written-off.
Slipstream11 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 18:58   #1944
VRJ
BHPian

A question to Thar owners, especially the taller ones. I’m somewhere between 6’2 and 6’3. If there’s one thing I hate about the Thar, other than the suspension, are the seats. I just can’t seem to find the perfect driving position two months in to the ownership. The damn seat doesn’t go down enough and adding salt to the wound is the cheap steering wheel which offers no grip at all. The seat is too damn narrow. I fit in it, but a couple of my friends don’t.

Couple of days back I drove 450 kms to and fro in a day and it gave me a bad lower back pain, which I haven’t got in the past five years . I drove multiple times from Vizag to Hyderabad (700km) in our Innova, Fortuner and Baleno and never got one. The last time I had one was when I used to daily drive a Verna around 2015. I can’t figure out why. Is it because of the lumbar support? None of the cars I’ve driven ever had it. I know it’s meant to do the opposite, but that’s the only new variable. Maybe my back isn’t used to that shape? I have no idea. I don’t think those cushions you get on Amazon actually help in the long term, do they?. Any source for aftermarket comfortable seats? I need to get this sorted out. This seat is ruining my ownership experience. This is frustrating to say the least. I have soo many road trips planned!!

Cheers!
VRJ is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 03:25   #1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgvij View Post
Hi tsgoutham, yesterday I received a similar letter along with discount coupon for thar accessories from my dealer CAI Coimbatore
Good to know surgvij. When did you book yours and which variant?
Old 25th July 2021, 10:04   #1946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgoutham View Post
Good to know surgvij. When did you book yours and which variant?
Booked mine in early November tsgoutham. Had opted for Napoli black diesel HT AT variant. Yesterday I spoke to the dealership and they said I can expect the car by first or second week of august. Hopefully they don’t push the dates further. It seems they are still delivering October bookings of AT models.
surgvij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 15:48   #1947

I noticed that Mahindra does not use its oval automotive logo on the front fascia of the Thar. While every other car by Mahindra carries the logo prominently, you cannot find the logo anywhere on Thar's exterior. However, you can see it on the steering wheel of the Thar. What could be the motive behind such a move?

Is it an attempt to create a separate identity for the Thar? To change the workhorse image that people associate with the Mahindra logo?

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-mmlogo.jpg

Or I am overthinking it, and it's just another overenthusiastic attempt at copying Jeep?

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-jeepvm.jpg
badtman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 17:13   #1948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badtman View Post
I noticed that Mahindra does not use its oval automotive logo on the front fascia of the Thar. While every other car by Mahindra carries the logo prominently, you cannot find the logo anywhere on Thar's exterior. However, you can see it on the steering wheel of the Thar. What could be the motive behind such a move?

Is it an attempt to create a separate identity for the Thar? To change the workhorse image that people associate with the Mahindra logo?

Attachment 2183677

Or I am overthinking it, and it's just another overenthusiastic attempt at copying Jeep?

Attachment 2183675

Well, going by that logic the name Thar should also be followed by (or end with) an "O" to fall in-line with the nomenclature of rest of the workhorses from the Mahindra stable.
Old 25th July 2021, 17:44   #1949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badtman View Post

Is it because the logo may be getting a new avatar soon ?

Logo thread here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-new-logo.html (Scoop! This *might* be Mahindra's new logo)
Old 25th July 2021, 18:24   #1950
Senior - BHPian

I don't think any of the Mahindra jeeps had the M logo on the outside - it was the 'O' vehicles that had it, starting from Scorpio. Mahindra is just sticking to their jeep tradition.
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks