Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2021, 15:05   #691
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
I don’t understand Hyundai’s strategy. Providing wireless android auto and apple car play in EX and S and not SXO.
SXO deserves to be fully loaded at 21L on road Delhi.
It may be a mistake in the pamphlet where they missed to mention "lower variant additions plus". Otherwise, it does not make sense that Hyundai makes the lower variant more attractive.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 15:23   #692
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
The wireless connectivity for Android Auto and Apple Car play is for EX and S version only. Do the higher trims already have this feature? If not, isn't it weird that lower trims have a feature which is ommited in higher trims
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
I don’t understand Hyundai’s strategy. Providing wireless android auto and apple car play in EX and S and not SXO.
SXO deserves to be fully loaded at 21L on road Delhi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
It may be a mistake in the pamphlet where they missed to mention "lower variant additions plus". Otherwise, it does not make sense that Hyundai makes the lower variant more attractive.
The 10.25" ICE unit of the higher trim doesn't support wireless Android auto and Carplay. And yes indeed, the lower trims with 8" head unit will have these wireless features while the top end trims will make do with wireless charging. Ironic, isn't?

Btw, this has been the case with its twin, Seltos since it's latest refresh.
ashis89 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 16:05   #693
BHPian

I do not know how true it is but I remember asking about it in a Kia showroom and they said that the Bluelink/UVO connect software and hardware requirements are not compatible with wireless Android Auto or Apple Carplay.
Old 9th May 2021, 18:47   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
The 10.25" ICE unit of the higher trim doesn't support wireless Android auto and Carplay. And yes indeed, the lower trims with 8" head unit will have these wireless features while the top end trims will make do with wireless charging. Ironic, isn't?

Btw, this has been the case with its twin, Seltos since it's latest refresh.
I wonder why the 10" unit doesn't support latest wireless features but smaller unit does. Totally beats me
Old 9th May 2021, 19:46   #695
Senior - BHPian

Wondering if my 2021 S variant that comes fitted with the 8" screen can be updated with a firmware to run wireless AA?
Or does the feature need new hardware? So will the new EX and S variant ship with new touchscreen infotainment with a different part number?
Old 9th May 2021, 20:08   #696
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I wonder why the 10" unit doesn't support latest wireless features but smaller unit does. Totally beats me
Should be different suppliers and/or different hardware.

One thing I noticed, this 8" unit is very common (or atleast, seems to be) in the cars across the Hyundai/Kia family. One look at the ICE in a top end Grand i10, top end Venue, mid variants of Creta and i20 or even the top end Tucson, you see a familiar 20.32cm (8") touchscreen head unit. It could be mere coincidence but I believe this unit is used across a host of models in India and abroad. Hence, it could have better hardware and software support from its suppliers.

Would be interesting to see if a software flash of the 8" unit of existing cars could add the wireless Android auto and Carplay.

And it would still be ironic. You have to plug in phone irrespective of which variant you drive - 8" equipped unit would allow wireless navigation but wired charging of phone. The other way around on the 10.25" equipped variants.

Edit: Slightly off-topic, but based on initial user experiences of the 10.25" unit vs. 8" on the Seltos and Creta, the smaller unit has lesser number of reported issues. Also points at my theory of being used across several models and being more matured. Anyone having access to part numbers could confirm if this holds any water.

Last edited by ashis89 : 9th May 2021 at 20:21.
ashis89 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 21:14   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Wondering if my 2021 S variant that comes fitted with the 8" screen can be updated with a firmware to run wireless AA?
Or does the feature need new hardware? So will the new EX and S variant ship with new touchscreen infotainment with a different part number?
While I'm not saying AA wireless is supported natively in the existing 8 inch units, I was able to locate AA wireless settings in it's user manual that mentions it with condition: If supported.

8 inch touchscreen user manual: http://webmanual.hyundai.com/DA_GEN2...honeprojection

Screenshot of the concerned manual page:
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20210509_210827.jpg  

Last edited by sarav100 : 9th May 2021 at 21:15. Reason: Corrected attachment link
sarav100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 12:54   #698
BHPian

Woah! Isn't Hyundai being too greedy with their base variants? Removing features back to back. First they increased the prices and removed the lowline TPMS from the base variants of the creta and now they've removed electronically adjustable ORVMs, turn indicators on them and a feature as basic a seat-back pocket! I will not be surprised if they even started removing passenger side ORVM, body colored door handles because the car is selling like hot-cakes. Venue's SX diesel variant at 9.9 lakh rupees offers impeccable value for money over this. I would buy it anyday over the poverty spec Creta.

Last edited by DriverNo.420 : 10th May 2021 at 12:56.
DriverNo.420 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 13:04   #699
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One thing I noticed, this 8" unit is very common (or atleast, seems to be) in the cars across the Hyundai/Kia family. One look at the ICE in a top end Grand i10, top end Venue, mid variants of Creta and i20 or even the top end Tucson, you see a familiar 20.32cm (8") touchscreen head unit. It could be mere coincidence but I believe this unit is used across a host of models in India and abroad. Hence, it could have better hardware and software support from its suppliers.
I looked up the Hyundai and KIA line up across the world. They seem to share these 8" and 10.25" units across all their models. While the lower and mid-variants sport the smaller unit, the top end variants have the larger screen. This is true even for their premium models like Telluride, Palisade, Sonata or Carnival.

That said, none of 10.25" equipped variants offer wireless Android Auto and Carplay. Of the 8" equipped variants, some which have received the update, are offering the wireless navigation options.

This somewhat proves both my theories that these touchscreen units seem standard across models and the globe, and the larger 10.25" unit doesn't support wireless Android Auto and Carplay.

Quote:
And it would still be ironic. You have to plug in phone irrespective of which variant you drive - 8" equipped unit would allow wireless navigation but wired charging of phone. The other way around on the 10.25" equipped variants.
This irony is valid in the top of line Telluride or Palisade as well. Mid variants offer wireless navigation while top variants offer wireless charging (only).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverNo.420 View Post
Venue's SX diesel variant at 9.9 lakh rupees offers impeccable value for money over this. I would buy it anyday over the poverty spec Creta.
Someone looking for a proper 4-5 seater might 'need' the Creta.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...segment-2.html (Top variant of lower segment vs lower variant of higher segment)

Or someone might prefer to upgrade the base variant as per their choice.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...a-goodies.html (The curious case of the ‘converted’ Cretas! People buying lower variants & then adding extra goodies)

But surely the diesel E variant of the new Creta is turning into the barebones E variant of the outgoing variant. It is no more value for money. Someone looking for a bigger car (or a Creta only!) should increase their budget and go for the EX (or higher) instead.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-variants.html (Which Indian cars have reasonably good base variants?)

Last edited by ashis89 : 10th May 2021 at 13:13.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 13:41   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Hyundai Creta to get new features, improved connectivity, details leaked

Attachment 2153727

Attachment 2153728

Attachment 2153729

Attachment 2153730

Attachment 2153731

Source
First launch of EX in 2020 was the the best VFM as it had all that one is looking for. One thing I hate about Creta is that the automatic option is available only in SX & SX(O) which will be 18+ lakhs. I always fancied that Hyundai introduces an automatic in Ex but looking at the current scenario of ~1Yr waiting period, don't see it happening at all.
Old 10th May 2021, 14:15   #701
BHPian

Quote:
:
Someone looking for a proper 4-5 seater might 'need' the Creta.
Yes, I agree. Creta seats 5 people comfortably. But the Venue isn't that bad either. We have it in the extended family. It is a good 4 seater but the narrow width makes the 5th passenger unwelcome.
Quote:
Or someone might prefer to upgrade the base variant as per their choice.
This is a personal preference. I like having the features stock. I hate the idea of getting the car opened from vendors selling accessories on the day I get the car delivered. Considering the base Creta E diesel that costs 12.8 lakhs on road doesn't even get 4 speakers and a basic head unit, is just unfathomable for me. One should get these things standard at this price point.
Quote:
Someone looking for a bigger car (or a Creta only!) should increase their budget and go for the EX (or higher) instead.
Even the EX variant is too overpriced for what it offers(some basic things like speakers, a head unit and nothing much else that can justify the outrageous price hyundai wants for the EX). The starting point should be the S variant if one plans to buy Creta only. That atleast justifies the price asked.

Last edited by DriverNo.420 : 10th May 2021 at 14:22.
DriverNo.420 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 10:21   #702
Senior - BHPian

2021 Hyundai Creta E variant spotted at dealer yard

The 2021 Hyundai Creta has started reaching dealerships. New spy images reveal the base E variant of the car.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-2021hyundaicretaebasevariantdealershowroom8600x338.jpg

Hyundai has made some changes to the Creta for the 2021 model year. According to leaked information, the mid-variants will be getting wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, while the base variant will no longer get electrically adjustable ORVMs with turn-indicators, luggage lamp and pockets on the back of the front seats.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-2021hyundaicretaebasevariantdealershowroom1600x338.jpg

The car seen in these images is the aforementioned E variant. It is equipped with manual ORVMs with the side turn indicators positioned on the front fenders.

The top-spec SX and SX (O) trims are set to get an updated infotainment system compatible with over-the-air updates, new voice commands and a new smart key with remote engine start. These variants also get a soft paint finish on the dashboard.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-2021hyundaicretaebasevariantdealershowroom2600x338.jpg

Hyundai hasn't made any mechanical changes to the Creta and the engine options remain the same. These include a 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol, 1.4-litre turbo-petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engines.

Source: Rushlane

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 12:26   #703
BHPian

This is just sad, I am planning to buy a CSUV & seriously considered Creta/Seltos base model to get a bigger car feel.
But with Creta's base model becoming more & more bare bones, we may have to content with a sub 4 metre offering unless Skoda/VW pull out a respectable base model @10 lakhs ex-showroom.
CafeRacer16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 01:42   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeRacer16 View Post
This is just sad, I am planning to buy a CSUV & seriously considered Creta/Seltos base model to get a bigger car feel.
If you are considering something in 10lakhs range then both Creta/Seltos offer great value for money for the size and engines they provide.
You can go ahead with Seltos HTE, infact it is more loaded than barebones Creta E model.
Skoda's are great but if you want peace of mind then Hyundai is you should go with.

Can anyone tell me what is this soft paint finish on dashboard ?
Jatin247 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2021, 15:30   #705
BHPian

Can anybody help with instructions on how to access Creta 2020's cabin air filter?

After reading advice on cleaning it every 3 months on our very own Car AC thread I realised that I better get to work!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...8226-108558993 (Aircons! Demystifying the car air-conditioning system)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks