Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2021, 10:19   #556
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashokkp View Post
d) On full stop, always apply Parking brakes before shifting to P.

Following the above religiously. Are the above necessary or can I do anything more ?
Is'nt it the other way round? First shift to P, and then apply EPB. In the Creta manual, it says so in multiple places.
Old 23rd February 2021, 15:44   #557
BHPian

Found the below video on YouTube on how to hard reset AVN using a hidden menu, thought to share it as maybe helpful in future.

SolidusSnake is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 16:05   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidusSnake View Post
Found the below video on YouTube on how to hard reset AVN using a hidden menu, thought to share it as maybe helpful in future.
Does anyone know the method to play videos when handbrake is off? Youtube has some videos of this on previous gen Creta but not on 2020 version.
Old 23rd February 2021, 18:34   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
....Since you are from Pune, check with Shivam Hyundai Baner (off BLR Bypass) - where I got my car from.....
Did you get insurance from Shivam too (the one that is included in their on-road price)? I am checking with Kundan, Shivam and Kothari right now and none of them are budging on the Hyundai/dealer provided insurance but my guess is Kundan and Shivam may agree to at least match the quote from outside. Kothari said it is non-negotiable. 83k without KP and RTI is atrocious pricing!

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 23rd February 2021 at 18:57. Reason: Added comments
Old 24th February 2021, 05:20   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
Did you get insurance from Shivam too (the one that is included in their on-road price)?!
Yes, I did. When I checked on direct insurance quotes, I found that the difference between dealer quote and others is not too significant to go through through hassles especially if you match the exact parameters. Most of the outside quotes show lower values by reducing the IDV.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 18:54   #561
BHPian

Hello guys, my very first post on TBHP about my first car - Hyundai Creta SX 1.5 l MPi manual phantom black. I had done booking way back in August,2020 but huge demand and less supply meant I had to endure frustrating waiting period till I brought her home on 9th Jan, 21. Features, ride comfort and most important - looks, made me choose Creta. I've covered almost 1600 km so far and am absolutely in love. I will be making a ownership report once I cover enough distance and get to know my car better.
    -Looks, looks and looks. She makes head turns every time she's out on the roads ! She's got this very quirky design either you love it or hate it. I love it for sure.
    - Features on offer - Panoramic sunroof, ICE headunit, rear windows sunshades, puddle lamps, all LED lights and many more.
    - Perfect size for city car, more than enough boot space
    - Absolutely silent cabin, quality of materials used is good,
    - rear wheel disc brakes, ESP, Hill hold assist, blind spot is not large, all around visibility is good enough
  • Dislikes
    - Trio Beam Headlights. When a vehicle comes from opposite side with high beam on, I'm totally blinded. Can't see a thing ! It's high beam is pointed very upwards as well, light throw falls almost on the top of trees. Fellow creta owners, I need your inputs on this query. How do I cope with this issue of headlights err candles.
    - overpriced for what it offers. Hyundai's weird feature distribution. Why can't they give all bells and whistles on this petrol manual variant is beyond me.
    - I've apprehension about safety as it is not yet crash tested.
    - long waiting period. Hyundai's lack of response to queries
Here's my Eva for your viewing pleasure
On delivery day. A thing of beauty, isn't she ?
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20210110_200932_145.jpg
First highway run
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20210130_095941_932.jpg
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-snapchat1456792069.jpg
First servicing
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-snapchat1873288461.jpg
Akshay6988 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 20:48   #562
BHPian

Fellow Creta owners,
Did you notice that your creta (mine is a 2018 sx petrol AT) cabin noise has increased over time? I noticed this about my car, road noise, cabin noise or outside noise coming into the cabin seems to have been louder than when it was newer.
On that note, does sound proofing with floor damping mats, and other dampening add-ons help with this?
gtonsing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 12:37   #563
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta awarded Car of the Year at the TopGear India Awards 2021.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20210226_123515.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 16:42   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidusSnake View Post

https://Youtu.be/zXAkguLb87Q
Thanks.

Added steps below from video in case its taken down.

Factory Reset

1. Go to Navigation (not sure if necessary, but doesnt hurt)
2. Press Setup
3. Click "Version Info/update"
4. Reduce volume to normal around 19-20 points
5. Reduce to 7-8 and click "Version Info/Update"
6. Reduce volume to 3 points and click "Version Info/Update"
7. Reduce volume to 1 point and click "Version Info/Update"
8. A number pad will be shown. Enter 2400 as pin
9. In following screen, select "Factory Reset" and "RESET"
Old 26th February 2021, 18:20   #565
BHPian

Hyundai is not taking bookings for the Creta IVT Version!!

I was in the research of buying my next car, as my current ride was into the 7th year of her service and my parents were finding it a little difficult to ingress and egress the car.

The choice got narrowed down to Kia/Hyundai sibling and eventually decided to go with Creta IVT SX or SX(O) variant (DCT was never in my thoughts)

Initially, the dealer said a waiting period of ~5-6 months when I went for booking and they asked me to wait for some time. Out of curiosity and since the car was available for TD, I thought of taking one. TBH, I was really impressed with the power delivery and thought of changing to DCT.

Back from TD, the dealer said to me that they have been asked to stop taking bookings for the IVT since the backlog is almost 70-75 cars and its production is a bit slow. And they said they can deliver the DCT (Any model) within 3 months (Or less). I initially thought that this was an upselling strategy and said, will give it a thought and book another day.

IMT, I inquired with 20+ different dealers in and around Kerala on the same from Trivandrum till Ernakulam, and all of them (There were 7 different dealerships) said the same.

Finally, I went and booked SX(O) DCT variant.

I seriously feel that this could be because of the parts importing issue existing from China, and could extend for a bit more time period. The IVT was a good option and cost-efficient as well. Sad to see this!!
subramaniamj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 20:31   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subramaniamj View Post
Saw on a facebook group that a new IVT's engine was changed/ recalled and owner is claiming that Hyundai has stopped taking bookings for IVTs due to some connected reason. Don't know whether it's true or some conjecture of that owner.
Old 27th February 2021, 12:24   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subramaniamj View Post
That is strange. I didn’t hear this from the Bangalore dealer when I recently booked my SX(O) diesel (last week). Although I was only ever interested in getting the diesel manual, I had enquired about the IVT and even though he did mention the IVT having the highest waiting, he didn’t say anything about not taking bookings. But yes, the SX/SX(O) diesels and DCTs have a shorter wait time compared to the corresponding petrol models.
Old 27th February 2021, 14:00   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
That is strange. I didn’t hear this from the Bangalore dealer when I recently booked my SX(O) diesel (last week). Although I was only ever interested in getting the diesel manual, I had enquired about the IVT and even though he did mention the IVT having the highest waiting, he didn’t say anything about not taking bookings. But yes, the SX/SX(O) diesels and DCTs have a shorter wait time compared to the corresponding petrol models.
Yes - that's the point. They set the expectation that the booking is possible, but because of that strategy, the backlogs have piled up to almost 8-9 months. Then they decided to stop taking the bookings (or even TDs) until this is cleared. Additionally, the dealer where I booked the DCT still has almost 65 IVTs to be delivered which they said they don't know when would that get cleared..
Old 1st March 2021, 21:09   #569
BHPian

So finally it's Creta Diesel S White (2021). Got the delivery a couple of days back.

Just like most of the people out there I had booked Creta SX Petrol and waited, and waited and waited. It began with 3 months and then went on getting extended without a clear date. In the meanwhile had an option of changing over to an SX diesel, missed it by a whisker.
Looked around over to Kia and Tata during this time. On one day when my stars seemed aligned and good, I just happened to walk into another Hyundai dealership. And they dished out an offer with a Creta Diesel S. Made the payment and got the car delivered in 5 days.

Done over 300 Kms over the weekend. Tried the Highways and small countryside roads, and I am loving it
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-car2-2.jpeg  

nacd80 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 21:48   #570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
But yes, the SX/SX(O) diesels and DCTs have a shorter wait time compared to the corresponding petrol models.
In my experience this has been the situation at least since Sep-20. The DCT and Diesel AT were always available earlier than other variants. Mine was delivered in 12 days from the date of booking. And not only the Creta, even the Seltos had lower wait times for the DCT followed by diesel AT.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks