Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2020, 23:00   #196
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Hey all,

Wanted to know how is the rear seat here? I can see that the window line does sweep up towards the back-end, but does it cause any sort of feeling of being boxed in, or claustrophobia (especially in the top-end SX(O) 1.4L Petrol DCT with black interiors) ?
I ask this because I, (personally) felt that the previous gen Creta had this feeling in the back seat.

Any drive experience (including rear seat comfort, over bad patches of road) would also be helpful from current owners. I am basically interested in the top-end version, SX(O) with the 1.4L Petrol DCT.

And on a similar note, the age-old question, Petrol or Diesel ? I live in Delhi and mostly commute to work in Noida, with daily travel of around 50 kms. (Also considering the 10 year vs 15 year dilemma here) Seen and heard many people going for the Diesel though.

And finally, (and this may just be a very stupid question but...) I quite like the interiors but the exteriors...still mixed on that. In two minds whether to go for it, or just let it go.
I already own a Seltos and in this price bracket, I don't see any other option which offers space and features. What do you guys think/suggest ?

Thanks in advance fellow bhpians!

P.S. I've also seen a few Creta's on the road which have SLIMMER lights when lit up/on (both front and rear). As in the width of the lights are slimmer and sharper, say like the rear lights of the Skoda Superb. If you guys know what I mean and/or have noticed this on certain cars on the road, I would like to know if this is this a customization or aftermarket or variant difference? It definitely changes the exterior look of the car.

Last edited by TkyoPandaMan : 18th October 2020 at 23:06. Reason: wanted to add in another point
Old 18th October 2020, 23:59   #197
Senior - BHPian

Today I noticed that the Seltos HTX onwards models have 3 headrests at the back while Creta SX onwards have just 2. The middle passenger is unlucky.

Edit: ^ E/EX/S have slimmer parking lamps. Sx onwards has thick DRLs

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 19th October 2020 at 00:00.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 00:18   #198

If you are going for the SX(O), then the (huge!!) panoramic sunroof removes any sort of claustrophobic feeling before it even starts to creep in !! I have the same trim, it feels so airy and roomy in the whole cabin.
Alexios is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 00:40   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkyoPandaMan View Post
P.S. I've also seen a few Creta's on the road which have SLIMMER lights when lit up/on (both front and rear). As in the width of the lights are slimmer and sharper, say like the rear lights of the Skoda Superb. If you guys know what I mean and/or have noticed this on certain cars on the road, I would like to know if this is this a customization or aftermarket or variant difference? It definitely changes the exterior look of the car.
If you are talking about the Boomerang shaped DRL and tail lights then those are the case with the lower variant. The ones without LED lights that would be S and below have slimmer lights.

SX and above get broader DRL and Tail lights which are all LED lights.
firstdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 07:23   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkyoPandaMan View Post
Hey all,

1)Wanted to know how is the rear seat here? I can see that the window line does sweep up towards the back-end, but does it cause any sort of feeling of being boxed in, or claustrophobia:

2) Any drive experience (including rear seat comfort, over bad patches of road) would also be helpful from current owners. I am basically interested in the top-end version, SX(O) with the 1.4L Petrol DCT.

3) And on a similar note, the age-old question, Petrol or Diesel ?

4)And finally, (and this may just be a very stupid question but...) I quite like the interiors but the exteriors..
As someone who just received his car a couple of days ago, here goes:
1)The rear seat to me, felt more comfortable than the Seltos although the headroom is less than its cousin. The black/greige combo feels less claustrophobic for sure, but as indicated by others, the pano sunroof makes up for this quite well. I will also venture to say that the overall visibility in and around feels better than Seltos, including the ORVMs. As a driver, you definitely sit higher and that helps.
2) The ride quality on bad patches is good, although not bubbly soft. The car itself feels heavy and solid, compared to say a Duster (which I have owned in the past).
3) If you arent enthused about performance, than the CVT is also good and is available in top trim. The diesel (my choice) brings best of both in terms of performance and economy. If you can drive around Delhi traffic without worrying too much about DCT (by taking care of Neutral shift at signal etc) than go for DCT.
4) Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 19th October 2020 at 07:24.
fhdowntheline is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 11:22   #201
BHPian

Yesterday, when I switched off the car, a warning symbol came on MID that mentioned 'Unable to engage steering lock.'
And before I could click a picture of it, it disappeared.

This was quite weird and I tried restarting the car twice and switching it off again but was not able to replicate the warning again.

Is this warning normal or is it something worrisome ?
Old 19th October 2020, 11:46   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
Yesterday, when I switched off the car, a warning symbol came on MID that mentioned 'Unable to engage steering lock.'
And before I could click a picture of it, it disappeared.

This was quite weird and I tried restarting the car twice and switching it off again but was not able to replicate the warning again.

Is this warning normal or is it something worrisome ?
It occurs when something is blocking free turning of the front wheels, such as a stone or a footpath. Remove the obstruction and make sure the wheel is about to move freely. Nothing else to worry.

Since you have keyless entry system, every time if you switch off, the car locks the steering and it might move it a few mm to find the 'perfect groove/spot' for locking. For this, it requires free movement of the front wheel.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 14:39   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
It occurs when something is blocking free turning of the front wheels, such as a stone or a footpath. Remove the obstruction and make sure the wheel is about to move freely. Nothing else to worry.

Since you have keyless entry system, every time if you switch off, the car locks the steering and it might move it a few mm to find the 'perfect groove/spot' for locking. For this, it requires free movement of the front wheel.
I think you stand correct. It indeed vibrates steering a bit everytime I lock/unlock the vehicle. So, that must be the reason.

Thanks a lot for clarification.
Old 19th October 2020, 15:17   #204
BHPian

Repost
I am planning to change the OEM fog lamp bulb for creta sxo 2020 with a better light.
I have shortlisted the 2 bulbs below.
1.Osram H27 881 Car Fog Light Bulb (12V, 27W, 2 Bulbs)
Or
2.Philips H27W/2 12060 Standard Headlight Bulb (12V, 27W).
Or should I go for LED.
Old 20th October 2020, 00:49   #205

Picked up this beauty few days back and I gotta say, it's all that I thought it would be and so much more.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-creta.jpg

About 400 kms already done, and having upgraded from an 2011 i10, it just feels such an incredible machine, it just gobbles up the kms without even seeming like it.

The suspension is very well tuned, front as well as back seat comfort was praised by everybody riding along. And the driver's seat has this commanding view of the road, paired with the smooth driving experience when you are in a laid-back mood is just PERFECT !!

Waiting for the Pujas to be over to head out on longer road-trips in this. Oh and btw, the Mulberry Red looks so so awesome under the sun, and the diamond-cut alloys are a looker too !! 😁
Alexios is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 07:54   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexios View Post
Picked up this beauty few days back and I gotta say, it's all that I thought it would be and so much more.

Oh and btw, the Mulberry Red looks so so awesome under the sun, and the diamond-cut alloys are a looker too !! 😁
Welcome to the 2020 Creta owner's league.
Yeah, I too loved the Mulberry Red, if it werent for the fact that we have already had Red cars earlier, I would have taken a hard look at it. I went for a sorta neutral one- Silver in the end.
Old 20th October 2020, 10:49   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBabu View Post
Congrats on the new car booking.

The mats are just a month old – but seems good. It covers most of the area on the floor perfectly. Yes checked the Coozo mats also on Amazon. The cost was almost same, but nowhere it was mentioned for Creta 2020. Hence went for Autofurnish.
Hi, where did you get the mats from? I am also from Chennai, have purchased all my Hyundai cars from HMP and have never been disappointed
Being factory owned showroom their service levels are top notch.
Old 20th October 2020, 15:53   #208
Senior - BHPian

Dealer demanding Full Payment on booking a Hyundai Creta.

Ritesh Madhukar shares the following

Quote:
Hello Everyone from Bangalore,
Please Avoid 'Trident Hyundai' for booking any model of Creta. I have Tried there for booking E-Model 1 Month back and they demand me to pay full showroom price(10 Lakh) and to wait for 4-6 Months and then only they can deliver the car. After raising a complain to Hyundai they are giving some idiotic reason to me for this and telling me that all customer are booking the car by paying full showroom cost and waiting for 4-6 months. I have checked other showroom in Bangalore as well and no one is demanding that. Be very very carful with 'Trident Hyundai'
When a car gets overwhelming response, such things happen. That's why we should always stop hyping the car.

What dealer is demanding is absolutely bullish. Maybe he is hiding his weakness of lack of funds due to higher bookings. This happens when dealer don't have enough funds to keep sufficient stocks. In such cases, they start asking full payment. People should avoid such examples and make sure that they don't fall prey to such idiots. If you want car, make the dealer desperate to sell one. Never show your desperation to him.

I have received many calls from various dealers when I was looking for car. My list had some best selling cars to utter flops, but dealer were calling me to visit their showrooms for offers. Mine might be a one of case, but that's how it should be.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 17:00   #209
BHPian

I did a PDI for my new Lava Orange Turbo Petrol this morning and was quite happy seeing her for the first time. Have given a go ahead to the dealer to start the registration process and planning to take the delivery by this Sunday (Super excited )
Checked the VIN number and it Oven fresh with 7 kms on the ODO & production date as 14-Oct. I have already placed an order with the dealer to swap the grey alloys to the Diamond cut ones and would be getting the delivery along with them (mostly). It passed the PDI checklist with all boxes checked.
Tyres are JK UX Royale and will see the pocket permits will swap them as well. Only change which I could point out was the spare was also a 17" steel wheel as compared to what other model get. May be hyundai has learnt their lesson.

Need a help in finalizing the insurance
Since I have not opted for taking insurance from the dealer, I have spoken to policybazaar agents and have a decent quote from Edelweiss Insurance. But while looking at the quote again, the model name mentioned in the quote is HYUNDAI CRETA SX (O) 1.4 Turbo 7 DCT (1353 cc), while mine is a Orange + Black roof so technically its a Dual Tone color and Policy bazaar has a different model (HYUNDAI CRETA SX (O) 1.4 Turbo 7 DCT (1353 cc) Dual Tone) listed for such. When I asked the agent to change the model name, she was not able to see the quote from Edelweiss and it was only United India Assurance coming up as an option.
While I do understand there is no difference at all in the price & engine capacity, I need some advice on whether I shld go ahead with listing the model as HYUNDAI CRETA SX (O) 1.4 Turbo 7 DCT (1353 cc)

Folks who have picked New creta can help me with what is the model name mentioned in their Insurance cover note

And yes, attaching some pics from the PDI.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201020-16.47.19-3.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201020-16.47.19-2.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201020-16.47.19-1.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201020-16.47.19.jpeg  

D'Ro@dSt@r is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 01:14   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaheshBapurao View Post
Hi, where did you get the mats from? I am also from Chennai, have purchased all my Hyundai cars from HMP and have never been disappointed
I ordered the mats from the Autofurnish online site. Given below is the link for black color 7D economy mat, which I bought.
https://www.autofurnish.com/uls-7d-e...eta-2020-black
Yes, I had a very good experience with HMP, Chennai. Need to mention about the SA – Vignesh Babu. From the initial interaction to final delivery has been very smooth. Vignesh was straight forward form the beginning in stating what offer he can give like reduction in insurance, freebies etc. He promised delivery in 15 days and delivered on the promise.

I was requesting him to change the DCT Grey alloy to Diamond cut Alloy wheel. He was hesitant initially as being a factory owned showroom, they will not do any exchange. He then arranged the exchange with Accessory provider. Also during the actual fitment, the person in Hyundai service center was not comfortable in replacing the TPMS, so Vignesh took the vehicle to a good tyre shop at Whites Road and done the Diamond Alloy fitment and delivered the car to me. This was the better of him, as he would have easily refused for any exchange. Overall, it was good and satisfying experience with HMP.

Update on Mileage for DCT Turbo:
  • I filled up the tank last week and Fuelio app mileage was 13.835 km/l. The Accumulated Info screen showed a mileage of 13.8 km/l – which seems to tally with the tank full method. The drive was 85% highway and 15% city with AC on always
  • Made another long highway trip of 900 km during the weekend and Fuelio app mileage observed to be 13.91 whereas Accumulated Info screen showed 14.1 km/l.
AshBabu is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks