Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2024, 22:16   #1996
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Did you try opening the boot? There's a weird issue with older Creta where if the rear camera is disconnected, the electronic boot release wont work.

It looks like a loose connection. Suggest you to drop in to a service center and diagnose it.
You mean trying to open the boot with the special key on key fob? Tried that, the boot opens fine that way.. Looks like I will have to send it to the Hyundai service centre.
Old 27th July 2024, 21:24   #1997

Hi BHPians, this is my first post on Team BHP. Hope you all are doing well.
I own a Creta 2020 diesel which I’ve enjoyed so far as it has good performance, ride and space.

But sometime back I had an issue with the DEF and it had to be replaced under warranty, before that some PM sensor was also replaced. The service guy warned me that these parts combined would cost more than 1.5 lakh if they are to be replaced again and suggested me to buy extended warranty. I gave it a thought and bought their extended warranty for 5 years and 1 lakh kms.

Now since my car is around 4 years old and only 1 year warranty is left, I am thinking of selling it as the parts in these BS6 vehicles are very expensive. I use my car daily for office and during weekends for errands and family trips. And since I drive in Delhi’s traffic, I am afraid that the DEF issue will occur again.

Hence, with this concern I’ve been very confused if I should keep the car and see how the situation plays out or replace it with Thar Roxx or some other vehicle.

Thank you in advance!
Old 30th July 2024, 19:50   #1998
Senior - BHPian

My Creta is due for insurance renewal soon. How is Acko/Digit insurance claim experience in Bangalore, specially for zero dep claims? Appreciate if someone can share first hand experience.
Old 30th July 2024, 20:36   #1999
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoy94 View Post
But sometime back I had an issue with the DEF and it had to be replaced under warranty, before that some PM sensor was also replaced. The service guy warned me that these parts combined would cost more than 1.5 lakh if they are to be replaced again and suggested me to buy extended warranty. I gave it a thought and bought their extended warranty for 5 years and 1 lakh kms.
I am curious to know if DEF and PM sensor on your Creta were replaced in first year or later. Some of my colleagues are not considering diesel cars due to DEF and stricter BS6.2 norms. Reliability of these additional parts is unknown.

Hyundai provides 7 years warranty. Have you check with the SA if you can buy extended warranty for another 2 years? If yes, then what parts will be covered in 7 years warranty period
Old 31st July 2024, 18:14   #2000

DEF and PM sensor were replaced in 2023 i.e. after 3 years of ownership . I read somewhere that 7 year warranty is only for cars with petrol engine.
Old 1st August 2024, 00:15   #2001
BHPian

Quote:
DEF and PM sensor were replaced in 2023 i.e. after 3 years of ownership . I read somewhere that 7 year warranty is only for cars with petrol engine.
You must mean DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter). DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) was not part of BS6.1 Hyundai Creta and has been introduced since the BS6.2 norms came into effect. You’re right, the Hyundai seven year warranty is only on petrol cars.
Old 1st August 2024, 16:25   #2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
You must mean DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter). DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) was not part of BS6.1 Hyundai Creta and has been introduced since the BS6.2 norms came into effect. You’re right, the Hyundai seven year warranty is only on petrol cars.
In the service centre they were calling it DEF. I was also confused at first as mine is a BS6 Phase 1. It might be that the people at Hyundai call it Diesel Emission Filter (DEF).
Old 1st August 2024, 23:21   #2003
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I read somewhere that 7 year warranty is only for cars with petrol engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
You’re right, the Hyundai seven year warranty is only on petrol cars.
Why provide 7 warranty for petrol engines only? I suspect that Hyundai is aware that diesel car parts and especially DEF components have a high chance to fail after 5 years
Old 1st August 2024, 23:28   #2004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post
Why provide 7 warranty for petrol engines only? I suspect that Hyundai is aware that diesel car parts and especially DEF components have a high chance to fail after 5 years
That's how it works, isn't it? They want to vouch for a technology which is more reliable and likely to cost them less money, should any claim arise. It's similar to underwriting in life insurance where the younger and healthier you are, the less premium/more coverage.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 1st August 2024 at 23:35.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 11:29   #2005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmshaw View Post
I have a problem with my 2020 Creta's (Automatic) rear camera since a week. There is no video seen when I put the car in reverse. While it is not completely black, it is faintly gray and shows some lines, but nothing else is visible.

There is an issue with the rear parking camera in 2020 Creta. The service centre informed me that this has happened in many cars. I had this problem in March this year. They replaced the camera under warranty. It’s working fine now.
Old 6th August 2024, 10:56   #2006
BANNED

Hi,

Anyone is using K&N Air filters?
Old 2nd September 2024, 17:04   #2007

Hi Guys,

My sister is looking to purchase a Creta SX(O) from a dealership in Mumbai.

Could you please tell me what's the best price I can get? Any points of negotiations?

Also, please let me know if you had any bad experience with any dealership / to avoid any of the same.

Thanks
Old 1st October 2024, 07:29   #2008
Senior - BHPian

My 2021 Creta SX IVT Petrol went for regular service few days back. They did software update aloog with other tasks such as oil change, oil filter, air filter and AC filter change. I am feeling that pick up has become sluggish and I have to floor the peddle more than I was doing earlier. Could it be due to software update? Did anyone else face similar situation?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks