Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2023, 15:56   #1921
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Hi all,

Today after exactly 1 month after booking, got delivery of Creta SX O(AE) Khakhi+Black Dual Tone, Petrol IVT. Excellent service by Sharyu Hyundai, Turbhe, especially by Mr Swapnil and Mr Anil. Both were transparent in their approach and stick to their promises. Smooth process from booking to delivery.

After riding 400000+ kms in manual, IVT felt a bit weird. But will get adjusted to it. Registration done as BH from Vashi RTO which took hardly one day.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20231007161601.jpg  

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th November 2023 at 15:15. Reason: Typos and punctuation.
vimalvittaladas is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 12:05   #1922
BHPian

Looks very clean and nice. Congratulations. Do share interior pictures as well.
Old 12th October 2023, 21:28   #1923
BHPian

Hi Bangalore People,

Considering an alarming increase of unfortunate road incidents happening within city limits itself, planning to get dashcam installed in my Creta. Can someone please suggest / recommend any brand which they are using or know of?

And any accessory/modification shop who can get it done efficiently? I live in Whitefield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vimalvittaladas View Post
Hi all,

After riding 400000+ kms in manual, IVT felt a bit weird. But will get adjusted to. Registration done as BH from Vashi RTO which took hardly one day.

Thanks.
Congratulations for your new ride

How is the dashcam quality and usage experience?

Here are some of my initial observations of IVT response:

1. You won't feel any lag or lack of power in city/traffic conditions. You might need to get used to 'acceleration noise' for 2-3 seconds on hard pressing but that's about it. (point: full 5 adults in a heavy incline may be bit different but still absolutely no issues).

Fun fact: I love to drive the pedal to metal way, and I just drove a colleague's 1.5 Turbo 7 speed DCT Kia Carens which actually is a fantastic engine - gear box combo, but due to the turbo lag in low rpms, I found it slow to respond/creep in bumper to bumper traffic. So a plus point to my IVT in Bangalore's awesome traffic.

2. When you are in higher speeds say 90-100 kmph, and then you apply sudden brake and instantly accelerate is where the catch is in terms of coming to IVT from manual driving, because paddle shifters / manual tiptronic are all only pseudo helpers here. Once you master this, you are ready for all kind of overtakes!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th November 2023 at 15:18. Reason: Typos and punctuation.
Old 15th October 2023, 13:24   #1924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav1817 View Post
Hi Bangalore People,

Considering an alarming increase of unfortunate road incidents happening within city limits itself, planning to get dashcam installed in my Creta. Can someone please suggest / recommend any brand which they are using or know of?...
Hi,

The dashcam quality seems good(not great). The connection with mobile phone allows you to save images or videos. Even at night the cam was throwing good clear pictures.

After taking delivery on 08.10.23, I took it for a 3000 km trip from Mumbai to Cochin on 10.10.2023 and returned yesterday. The onward journey made the ODO at 1507 kms and I did 1 free service at Popular Hyundai, NH Bye Pass, Ernakulam. Very satisfied about the service as they stick to their time frame of returning the vehicle in 2 hours.

The onward journey was through Panjim, Manglore, Calicut. The road till KL boarder is fine and once you enter Kerala, the vehicle will test all levels of RPMs, especially in lower gears, forget about the higher ones. It was a pain with lots of deviations, horrible rain and busy roads.

Return was smooth as I choose Salem, Hubballi, Pune way. The roads were decent enough except in Balegavi -Satara area where a few painful deviations are in place. Otherwise the route is pretty nice to press pedals and enjoy the ride.

The vehicle performance was as on expected standard. The onward journey was boaring as I was trying to keep RPM within 2000-2500 limit. The speed never exceeded 90km/hr during this phase. After service,I felt a bit relaxed and tried triple digit on allowed portions of roads. As expected the NA is a slow progression and you need to calculate properly in sudden overtakes. Even sports mode is not that aggressive to keep you engaged.

The noise level is pretty low inside the cabin and the driving is sheer comfort. The auto hold function was a boom especially in Kerala NH 17 traffic, really enjoyed using it. The vehicle is surely for a person who would like to have a relaxed experience.

Regards

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th November 2023 at 15:20. Reason: Typos and punctuation.
vimalvittaladas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 16:06   #1925
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi all. I have a small request for Hyundai customers from Hyderabad. We are planning to buy a Hyundai car. From your experiences, if you found any showroom or sales person with excellent (smooth and transparent) service pre and post sale, please refer them to me. Although we are looking at Exter, I am posting in this thread as Exter thread has few members from Hyderabad. Thanks in advance.
Old 6th November 2023, 19:36   #1926

Hi All

I have a diesel automatic, and the car has run 4800 km in 4 months, which is a mix of city and a few highway runs. I got an EMS malfunction error, after which the car was taken to service center and I was told it is a DPF issue. What concerned the advisor was that there was not much soot accumulation in the filters. They cleaned the sensor and filter and gave the car back stating it is under observation and should the EMS error come again, the DPF sensor would be changed.

Got EMS error in 4 days, and now they have requested for replacement of Catalytic Converter under warranty. He is confident that changing this will solve the issue.

Anyone who owns a BSIV car - could you please throw some light on this?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th November 2023 at 15:12. Reason: Typos.
kavithamani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 13:10   #1927
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I had the opportunity to drive a BS6 Phase 2 diesel automatic Creta with 6,000 plus kms, and I must say that it was an underwhelming experience overall. I had our 2015 1.6 diesel AT Creta as a benchmark and this BS6 engine failed miserably in terms of performance and drivability.

While the BS4 diesel AT combo is an absolute gem to drive with loads of low-end torque, the new BS6 Ph 2 version was a letdown. So much so that I had to check with the owner if there were issues with the car. It noticeably lacked the expected torque and felt lethargic at lower speeds. It only truly woke up and offered some power when pushed hard, but then it defeats the purpose of a diesel which is expected to offer great low-end torque.

Additionally, I observed a significant delay when using the paddle shifters. It took a considerable 1-2 seconds before the command was executed. This is a stark contrast to the responsiveness of our 1.5 NA IVT, which swiftly shifts (virtual) gears in manual mode. Overall, the driving experience was rather average and did not live up to the reputation of the famed diesel AT combo which makes me think whether this was an issue specific to the car or if it reflects the tuning of the BS6 Phase 2 engines.
Col Mehta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 18:18   #1928
BHPian

BS6 Phase 2 engines are not very aggressive. However they are not very slouch either. May be this engine needs more time to open up to its potential. Specs wise it is less than the older model. But the gearbox and engine clutter have noteworthy improvements , not to mention all extra bells and whistels it comes with.
Old 27th November 2023, 20:46   #1929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
I had the opportunity to drive a BS6 Phase 2 diesel automatic Creta with 6,000 plus kms, and I must say that it was an underwhelming experience overall. I had our 2015 1.6 diesel AT Creta as a benchmark and this BS6 engine failed miserably in terms of performance and drivability.
I can totally relate. I had an EXACT same experience with the Seltos Facelift D AT. Here, I had the BS6 Sonet D AT for comparison and like you too mentioned, the Seltos BS 6 Ph 2 too was just meh !

The SPORT mode too made no ‘significant’ difference as such. Whereas in case of the Sonet, it used to transform into another animal altogether. There isn’t much of a weight difference between the two to make such a huge difference in the drivability.

I had also posted the same on the Seltos forum to understand whether the newer engines have be toned down in the interest of better FE. But I don’t think anyone has a concrete answer to that.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 27th November 2023 at 20:48.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 20:59   #1930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
I can totally relate. I had an EXACT same experience with the Seltos Facelift D AT. Here, I had the BS6 Sonet D AT for comparison and like you too mentioned, the Seltos BS 6 Ph 2 too was just meh !

The SPORT mode too made no ‘significant’ difference as such. Whereas in case of the Sonet, it used to transform into another animal altogether. There isn’t much of a weight difference between the two to make such a huge difference in the drivability.

I had also posted the same on the Seltos forum to understand whether the newer engines have be toned down in the interest of better FE. But I don’t think anyone has a concrete answer to that.
In the absence of technical detail one must rely on real-world experience! I too agree that the ever tightening norms have dulled the response of small engines especially (1.5 L and below).
The 1.3 MJD felt almost explosive in my DZire (coupled with the massive turbo lag), whereas the 1.5 Diesel Creta was "adequate" as the T BHP official review states. I never felt the pushback into the seats in any other car save the Polo GT TSI in S mode and the Dzire MJD in third gear past 2K rpm !
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 13:04   #1931
BHPian

I have an Petrol Creta 1.5L NA in our family garage and I notice something weird!

If speeds exceed above 100, steering feels really nervous and I can feel kind of judder. This is prominent especially at 120 and above. Is it a one off case? When I ask the same to SA, he says it is common among Petrol creta. Is it true? Can someone confirm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post

Observed the same. Verna 1.6 CRDi that I TD'ed was an explosive engine and the way it pulls, it pulls like a loco. Especially past the 1800 rpm. Even the 1.6 VTVT that was available earlier, it was rev-happy and pulls cleanly all the way. But post BS6, the options became less and detuning of those engines is worst. You loose that exhilarating performance and joy that we get!

I believe the detuning is due to BS6 changes. I'm not an automotive guy, but with no AdBlue they had to do something to reduce the emissions and one way is to make sure sudden surge of power which might have something to do with how much pm it emits! Guess experts can clarify on this.

Last edited by xcentrk : 28th November 2023 at 13:09.
Old 29th November 2023, 09:30   #1932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcentrk View Post
I have an Petrol Creta 1.5L NA in our family garage and I notice something weird!

If speeds exceed above 100, steering feels really nervous and I can feel kind of judder. This is prominent especially at 120 and above. Is it a one off case? When I ask the same to SA, he says it is common among Petrol creta. Is it true? Can someone confirm?

I drive 1.5 IVT and usually maintain speeds of 90-100 with occasional burst to 110-115 for overtaking. Never felt much vibration, the car just glides over smooth surfaces. But being Hyundai, the steering is light which may give you a feel of nervousness at 120+ speeds, if that's what you meant.

If you feel high vibration which bothers you, specially on smooth tarmac, then you can get the wheel balancing/alignment checked at a reputed tyre shop.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 29th November 2023 at 09:34.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 22:11   #1933
BHPian

Hi all,
I sent my Creta for 4th servicing today, after 40,000 trouble free kms of running. The SA told me Hyundai has advised changing of existing horn for some Cretas so he got it done without any charge. Has anyone gotten their car's horn changed by Hyundai recently? Seems strange how a horn can be faulty ?
PS it was working fine before no troubles at all.
Old 15th December 2023, 07:29   #1934
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Hi all,
I sent my Creta for 4th servicing today, after 40,000 trouble free kms of running. The SA told me Hyundai has advised changing of existing horn for some Cretas so he got it done without any charge. Has anyone gotten their car's horn changed by Hyundai recently? Seems strange how a horn can be faulty ?
Why would they want to do that? Hearing this for the first time. If you haven't done this, please do not change. If you have the first gen Creta, retain the horn since that's got the better one when compared to the latest gen. AFAIK, first gen got dual horn setup. Even if the latest one got dual setup, that sounds bad and weak.
Old 15th December 2023, 08:11   #1935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Hi all,
Not heard anything like that during third service about couple of months back.

Was there any work done by the SC which might have damaged the horn? And they had to change it but could not get the original one hence the story?
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks