Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2022, 11:55   #1546
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavikbochar View Post
Dear fellow Creta owners, just clocked the first 1000 KM on my SX(O) Diesel AT.

I have couple of questions, would appreciate if you could help on the same:
  • I live in Mumbai, and quite often commute in bumper to bumper traffic. When on traffic signals, often I keep the car in D mode with brakes pressed, at times I use the auto hold. Would this put additional pressure on the engine and should I move the car to N every time I stop? Honestly, this would defy the purpose of owning an automatic though.
  • Monsoons have just started here, and suddenly I hear a small irritating sound every time I apply brakes, again is this normal with disc brakes?
  • If the pressure in the tyres fall, will the TPMS display a warning automatically or do I need to keep toggling the display on instrument cluster to follow TPMS?
  • Lastly, while at the fuel pump today morning, the executive over there tried to sell “Toyota Diesel Injector Cleaner” to me. He said it keeps the vehicle condition good and improves fuel economy. For the 250 ml bottle, he quoted Rs 580, pic attached. Any comments on this?

Attachment 2326810
Congratulations on your purchase. The first 1000 kms are very special, aren’t they!!
1)I believe you should put your car in neutral. I haven’t owned any AT yet, but have driven friends’ and its best to slot the gear lever to N when idle even if the duration is in 10s of seconds
2)Last month my car was in a open parking for couple of days and it was raining. I too observed this noise while applying brakes but it got disappeared after the first couple of minutes. FYI, Mine is also relatively new at 2k kms in the odo
3)There is a warning light in the speedo console which will glow when tyre pressure is low. To know the exact tyre you should check the TPMS menu
4)Haven’t used anything similar till date. We had a swift diesel as well for last 8 years and nothing of that sort has been purchased apart from the regular service. Maybe things like this really have any impact in vehicle maintenance/performance? Would request fellow bhpians to share your comments.
bwildrd#1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 01:22   #1547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwildrd#1 View Post
Maybe things like this really have any impact in vehicle maintenance/performance? Would request fellow bhpians to share your comments.
Quote:
Lastly, while at the fuel pump today morning, the executive over there tried to sell “Toyota Diesel Injector Cleaner” to me. He said it keeps the vehicle condition good and improves fuel economy. For the 250 ml bottle, he quoted Rs 580, pic attached. Any comments on this?
Nope. Nope. Don't use it. Yours is just 1000 kms run. Engine is in almost factory condition. Never used it in my 1.6 CRDi and don't plan to use it either. What I used twice-thrice was Adon D by IOCL, that too because engine wasn't revving past 3k RPM without any engine check light. Tried everything - at the end mechanic suggested to use it in a tankful and it worked. This too was after almost 160k kms IIRC.

So, I'd suggest to stay away from these products. Just get your car serviced regularly, that is more than enough.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 09:08   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
A regular service paid or free will include Mineral or Semi Synthetic as the default top up. Engine oil is usually the item which costs the most. Had you opted for Fully Synthetic engine oil then the same bill would have gone to 6-7k roughly.
You are lucky that the ASS did not charge you for unnecessary items like interior cleaning and Teflon coating and all that stuff which also helps in keeping the actual bill amount in check.
When I got the 4th service my bill was roughly 7000 Inr.
The service centre gave option of both mineral and synthetic engine oil and I chose mineral oil since this is a naturally aspirated engine and doesn’t have sensitive components unlike the high compression turbo engines. Also, they suggested additional items like AC disinfectant etc. and clearly told me they are optional and will be done only if I approve them.

Actually I had asked dealership to change the AC climate control filter too but they informed me it was still fine on checking and they just cleaned it instead of replacing it.

Berkeley Hyundai, Industrial Area 1, Chandigarh definitely deserves thumbs up for an honest, professional and fast service experience. This is the first time I’ve seen a service centre meeting all KPI parameters specified by Hyundai. I’ve now got the insurance renewed from them as well.
sarav100 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 13:48   #1549
mtk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
Seems like Hyundai has silently updated the interiors of the creta. I was in the showroom today and found the infotainment system in glossy piano black finish. The finish extends right upto the gear box. If I remember it right, it was plastic dull finish earlier both near air conditioner vents in the center and below as well.

I checked multiple times with sales advisor if it was any special edition or knight edition but then he denied it was any such edition. It seems like interiors are updated on the creta. Vehicle in the picture is SX (O) iVT variant.

Apologies if I am missing something here.

Attachment 2327229

Attachment 2327230

Attachment 2327231

Attachment 2327232
This looks more in line with the Alcazar now.
Old 6th July 2022, 19:01   #1550
BHPian

Is there any update about the projected facelift launch in 2022. Toyota and Suzuki coming up with compelling products is confusing me in taking a decision about waiting for Creta facelift or to go ahead with the other new launches.
Even dealers have no idea or updates about the facelift in this year.
Old 10th July 2022, 10:19   #1551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Is there any update about the projected facelift launch in 2022. Toyota and Suzuki coming up with compelling products is confusing me in taking a decision about waiting for Creta facelift or to go ahead with the other new launches.
Even dealers have no idea or updates about the facelift in this year.
Power on Wheels had an interaction with Mr. Tarun Garg. The answer to your question regarding Creta facelift lies in this video-

Watch at 7.20 onwards. It appears that the Creta facelift isn’t coming anytime soon.
akn1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 12:50   #1552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akn1984 View Post
Power on Wheels had an interaction with Mr. Tarun Garg. The answer to your question regarding Creta facelift lies in this video-

https://Youtu.be/lGUgYNHH-J0

Watch at 7.20 onwards. It appears that the Creta facelift isn’t coming anytime soon.
Mr Tarun is right in pointing out that it has been just over 2 years since the last facelift. Seltos has still not announced proper facelift so I don't think there is any real pressure on Hyundai to tinker with the market leader in the segment. Venue facelift took about 3 years so my best guess is mid 2023 for Creta if at all.
Old 14th July 2022, 18:04   #1553
BHPian

Hi -

Can anybody comment on how bad is the glaring issue on the windscreen because of the beige color dashboard? I am contemplating booking a creta and deciding whether I need to go for the regular SX(O) IVT or go with the Knight edition variant (with all black interiors).

I personally like the dual tone (Beige + Black) color as it gives an airy feeling within the car. Also, it contrasts well with the black color used at other places. However, if the beige color causes a lot of reflection on the windscreen, then I would opt for the Knight edition.

Also, just curios, would all black interiors with the knight edition make the car more hotter inside when compared to the regular variant?
vijay.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 21:52   #1554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi -

Can anybody comment on how bad is the glaring issue on the windscreen because of the beige color dashboard? I am contemplating booking a creta and deciding whether I need to go for the regular SX(O) IVT or go with the Knight edition variant (with all black interiors).

I personally like the dual tone (Beige + Black) color as it gives an airy feeling within the car. Also, it contrasts well with the black color used at other places. However, if the beige color causes a lot of reflection on the windscreen, then I would opt for the Knight edition.

Also, just curios, would all black interiors with the knight edition make the car more hotter inside when compared to the regular variant?
It is some glare but after living with it for few months, I kind of got used to it. I'd say it is not a deal breaker but yes, it is something you can't ignore on a bright sunny day. I'd suggest you to take a test drive to convince yourself one way or the other.

A possible solution may be to wear Polaroid sunglasses which can block the glare. Not yet tried but I guess it should help.
Old 14th July 2022, 22:09   #1555
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Hi -

The light colour dashboard does reflect on the windscreen. It's quite apparent during bright sunny days. It doesn't bother us but I know some people don't like at all. I suggest you test drive the regular one to gauge it for yourself. The black interior will have less/no reflection but definitely more heat under direct sunlight.

The light colour interior does look more premium, but it's going to be a pain to keep it clean, especially the front ventilated seats as you just can't clean them as regular seats. Personally, I wouldn't mind the all black interior as it will be easier to maintain in the long run.
Old 14th July 2022, 22:43   #1556
BHPian

Quote:
[*]I live in Mumbai, and quite often commute in bumper to bumper traffic. When on traffic signals, often I keep the car in D mode with brakes pressed, at times I use the auto hold. Would this put additional pressure on the engine and should I move the car to N every time I stop? Honestly, this would defy the purpose of owning an automatic though.
Please let the car be in D during traffic, don’t shift to N or P. With Autohold you don’t even need to press the brakes. I am sure the manual also covers this, so do look it up.
eagles_ts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 23:58   #1557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
Please let the car be in D during traffic, don’t shift to N or P. With Autohold you don’t even need to press the brakes. I am sure the manual also covers this, so do look it up.
Slight correction. Auto hold is only active for backward movement and does not do anything to stop forward motion. So if you are in D, you need to keep brake applied to be stationary at a signal for example. Not something I'd recommend for a longer stop of more than 20-30 seconds. It is better to shift to N in such situations to prolong life of the transmission.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 15th July 2022 at 00:00.
Old 15th July 2022, 07:10   #1558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Slight correction. Auto hold is only active for backward movement and does not do anything to stop forward motion. So if you are in D, you need to keep brake applied to be stationary at a signal for example. Not something I'd recommend for a longer stop of more than 20-30 seconds. It is better to shift to N in such situations to prolong life of the transmission.
I don't think that's correct. I have driven Creta with Auto Hold and it keeps vehicle in that position. This is how I have used it:

- Engage AutoHold
- When you need to stop, apply brakes
- Wait for AutoHold to activate
- Remove your foot from brake pedal
- The car will stay as it is
- I do not change to N if it's just few seconds of wait
- If let's say it is traffic light, I move to N while AutoHold is engaged
neel911 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 07:20   #1559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I don't think that's correct. I have driven Creta with Auto Hold and it keeps vehicle in that position. This is how I have used it:

- Engage AutoHold
- When you need to stop, apply brakes
- Wait for AutoHold to activate
- Remove your foot from brake pedal
- The car will stay as it is
- I do not change to N if it's just few seconds of wait
- If let's say it is traffic light, I move to N while AutoHold is engaged
Sorry my bad. You are right. Thanks for correction. However I would recommend moving to N for long duration stop so that it is easy on transmission. Even if auto hold function is available, it is still like applying brake(auto hold does it for you) while the car wants to move forward.
Old 15th July 2022, 13:11   #1560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Sorry my bad. You are right. Thanks for correction. However I would recommend moving to N for long duration stop so that it is easy on transmission. Even if auto hold function is available, it is still like applying brake(auto hold does it for you) while the car wants to move forward.
Why not just move to P for long durations so that it switches to neutral as well as the brakes are engaged?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks